The Court of Isluzia and Liria

Avalein
Bronze

The Court of Isluzia and Liria

Post by Avalein » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:57 pm

In the Kingdom of IsIuzia, There is not only peace but prosperity through the trade with the nearby empire of Liria. It is through the union of the princess of Liria, Arlayna married King Arathorn thus sealing the alliance between the kingdom of Isiuzia and Liria. Before he had even met the beautiful Arlayna he had another love the Lady Ravarona. Only upon the wish of his father he married Arlayna falling in love with her. With her he would have a daughter, the princess IIyana.

Both Arlayna and Ravarona live at the palace, Ravarona had a son Rael along with King Arathorn the king of Isiuzia.

And now the story starts, when IIyana and Rael are still young.
Elrond: There are some who would not deem it wise.

Avalein
Bronze

Re: The Court of Isluzia and Liria

Post by Avalein » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:10 am

Ravarona's Chambers:

Ravarona stood from where she had been sitting looking out the window at the courtyard, a scowl on her face as she watched Arlayna. Before a pleased smile appeared, shaking her head her brown hair flowed down her back. She had always been the favorite of King Arathorn the love and affection that he had for Arlayna would fade as soon as she could not produce the male heir that he so much longed for. Glancing over at her son who was playing in the corner, she would insure that he would be king instead of Arlayna's daughter. But with Rael being a bastard there was no way that he would be accepted especially with Arlayna's daughter IIyana being raised to be an heir. Ravarona knew how quickly it could slip away, she had been the next in line to be heir of her families estates on the outskirts of IsIuzia until her mother had given birth to a son and she had watched it all slip away.

A smile crossed her lips as she thought, looking over at Rael, before standing starting for the main courtyard and gardens, holding onto Rael's hand as she walked.

rebbdomine

Post by rebbdomine » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:24 pm

Isluzian Outskirts:

Lucien walked along a picturesque lane, taking in his new surroundings with interest. The Kingdom of Isluzia was an affulent and prosperous land, and a stark contrast to the areas he normally worked in. He was accustomed to working in war-torn and troubled kingdoms, violent and wretched places, where disease ran unchecked through the commonfolk, and the noblemen and royals were cruel, and unkind.

Of course, those lands were well suited to his line of work. Lucien was a spy. He worked for a shadowy group of assassins, who's very name was a closely guarded secret. He was their envoy, their eyes and ears in royal courts and kingdoms. If a noble or highborn citizen was to die, Lucien was the one who killed them. He was good at it, from years of honing his craft. He fit in well at royal courts, conducting himself with grace, always knowing the right words to say.

He knew little about the Kingdom of Isluzia, save for the fact that it was a small, relatively unimportant kingdom, allied with the empire of Liria. He knew Isluzia was ruled by King Arathorn, who guarded his lands peacefully, and was not hated by his people. However, he also knew Arathorn had no male heir to continue his bloodline. His wife had bore him a daughter. But rumours existed that the King had a bastard son, to his mistress, the Elf Ravarona, who was said to be as cunning as she was beautiful.

This was the extent of Lucien's knowledge, and the reason he had been sent to Isluzia. His employers sensed weakness in the land, and dispatched him to capitalise on it.

Lucien was approaching the palace, and could see two guards standing ahead of him, both lazily leaning on their halberds. He strolled past them without even a second glance, his fine clothes and confident air drawing no attention from the guards at all. He continued upwards towards the entrance of the palace, searching for a way to introduce himself.

Avalein
Bronze

Post by Avalein » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Ravarona smiled looking down at her son, hearing footsteps and seeing an unknown figure starting for the palace entrance quickly moved to intercept him. Looking up before picking up the skirt of her gown striding quickly. "hello who are you?" Ravarona knew that it would be easier to speak to whoever had entered the palace grounds in the private courtyards. Upon reaching the man she had seen enter bowing her head respectfully.

Feeling as Rael hide behind her skirts, put an arm around him to comfort him.

rebbdomine

Post by rebbdomine » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Isluzia - Royal Palace

Lucien drew nearer the entrance of the palace, scanning the area to see if any other guards may hinder his approach.

He heard sharp footsteps approaching from one of the gardens, and turned to see an Elven noblewoman approach, a small child trailing behind her. From the long brown hair, deep eyes, and fine dress he assumed this to be Lady Ravarona, the mistress of the King. The boy following behind her must be the bastard, Rael.

He bowed courteously as she approached, and asked who he was.

"I am Lucien LaChance, I'm the envoy sent by the royal courts in Cyrodiil. You must be the Lady Ravarona." he said, speaking eloquently and precisely.

"And this must be your son, Rael", casting a glance at the boy, who clung tighter to his mother, and shied away from Lucien's gaze. "It is truly a pleasure to meet you both."

Avalein
Bronze

Post by Avalein » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Putting a hand on Rael's head nodded, "I am and indeed this is my son Rael, please forgive him he is not use to strangers." She smiles a cunning smile as she listened to Lucien speak, "then welcome Lucien to IsIuzia. please if you would follow me. I have never fully felt welcome here since King Arathorn married..." her voice suddenly cold "since he married Arlayna as such I always believe that we will have more privacy in my chambers."

Picking up Rael who buried his face into her shoulder putting his arms around her neck. Before starting to walk back towards the side entrance that lead almost directly to her chambers and private rooms.

rebbdomine

Post by rebbdomine » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:23 pm

"since he married Arlayna as such I always believe that we will have more privacy in my chambers."

Lucien picked up on the change of tone in Ravarona's voice as she said this, and made a mental note. He had been taught to notice and exploit any weakness or vulnerability, and who knew how useful this could prove.

He nodded agreement at the offer of speaking in private, and followed the Elven woman as she picked up her son and made her way down a passage that he assumed led to her chambers.

Lucien followed carefully behind, noting everything he could about the Lady Ravarona in his mind. The confident way she walked, how her brown hair swung as she moved, how tightly her nervous son clung to her neck.

"Was there something in particular you would like to discuss, my lady?" He asked her as they walked, "or any reason we must conduct our first meeting together in private? You do not trust your surroundings?".

Avalein
Bronze

Post by Avalein » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:41 pm

"Being a mistress is not always liked as such i know that if given the chance Arlayna will try to banish me. She's been trying to for years every since her daughter IIyana was born." Reaching her chambers entered the room, shutting the door behind her before turning to face Lucien putting Rael down on the floor.

"Please sit, and I will explain. I am looking for a adviser, you will have special chambers across the hall from my own. I want to get rid of Arlayna she and her daughter, as they are a threat towards my son's chances of becoming king. I also need a special poison made that can keep her father completely under my, our control." a sly smile appearing on her face, "I will really be the one ruling with you at my side advising me but my son and the king will be our puppets. What do you say, Lucien?"

rebbdomine

Post by rebbdomine » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Lucien was taken aback by the abrupt and forward proposal. Although he respected people who don't sugarcoat their words. He wondered briefly upon the mention of poison, was this Elf aware of the organisation he worked for? Who he was?

He maintained his outward composure for the duration of Ravarona's proposal. It took no consideration, this was the perfect oppurtunity to inject himself into the court.

He agreed to her plan. He would work as her advisor, help her dispose of her enemies, and rule over this petty kingdom.

Avalein
Bronze

Post by Avalein » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Ravarona laughed softly, though it was a cold one. Looking over at her son, "until my son is of age, you are to help me teach and train him make him completely dependent on us for almost everything. We will make the decisions he will just be a figure head who in truth has no real power as we will both have it, the same with King Arathorn."

Leaning back against the chair she was sitting in smiled, "do not forget that you also have to obey me as well to some extent." Her long hair flowed over her shoulders as she picked up Rael who had come over tugging on the skirt of her gown. Placing him on her lap, putting her arms around him before carefully lowering one side of her gown so he could nurse.