Teen Party and Lock In

Roleplay locations.
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Teen Party and Lock In

Post by illirica » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:24 pm

Prism giggled. The excitement was infectious. "Hi, Sylvia," she said, for the benefit of the interview. "I'm Rainbow Heroine Prism, and I'm super-excited to be here today." Totally! Even without the interview, which was... actually kind of cool. Although she still couldn't really believe that anyone actually wanted to interview her.

"I guess... I do what I do because I want to help, and I want to show people that they can help, no matter what their abilities are. I grew up in Solar City with one super-power: the ability to make rainbows. How useless is that, right? Other people get super speed or flying powers or telekinesis and I got rainbows. So, most of my life I thought I was gonna be the most useless superhero in the history of ever. But... I made it work. Even in Solar City, with nothing but a couple rainbows, I made it work. I've done some things there, with nothing but rainbows, and it does work. It's not maybe as easy as it would be with a giant lightning hammer or an armored powersuit, but it just means you need to think more about what you can do and what would help. Sometimes the most helpful thing you can do is to help people get out of the way of danger, or to call 911. And you don't need to be a superhero to do those things at all."

She considered the second question thoughtfully. It was totally a leading question, and it would have been easy to say oh, of course and have done with it, but there was a lot more to it than that. "I think... maybe it's not anyone's right to change people's lives. Even if you think you're doing something good for them, it might not be what they want, or what they need. I try to protect people's lives. But it's not my decision about how they should be changed. I would say that my goal is to protect people, so that they have the time they need to think about the changes they want to make."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Maxx wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 pm
"Well, Light likes both, I guess. Mainly movies though," Shadow replied.
"I can answer for myself," Light said to his sister, turning away from Kendra.
"Yeah, now you can. After getting me to say everything for you."

Shadow really could not believe what her brother was like sometimes.

"Hmph. Anyways, Shadow, she asked both of us." Light turned back to Kendra. "Considering Shadow answered for me, I'll answer for her. She prefers comics. Believe it or not, movies actually freak her out."

Shadow did not like her brother revealing that. SL she punched him on the arm. Hard enough to hurt.

"Hey, I don't go around telling people stuff you don't want them to know. Especially people we've just met..." Shadow said grumpily.
"I was just answering her question."
"You didn't have to blab about stuff I don't like people knowing, though."

It was obvious that Light had upset her. Perhaps more than one would have expected. But he knew Shadow had had a hard time adjusting.

"The way Light said it made me sound rather pathetic," Shadow said to Kendra, now completely ignoring her brother. "Movie don't freak me out. It's just that we saw our first movie when we were 14, and I've only seen about 3 or 4 since than, so I find them a bit... weird..."

Luna Hawk smiled. "I don't think it makes you sound pathetic." She told the girl. "People are pretty interesting and diverse and what might seem normal to one person might seem strange to another. Perfect example, my dad can navigate the labyrinthine structures of the academic world with ease. Give him a smart phone and see what happens though."

"So, we have one of each then." She smiled. "I think the two can really go together pretty well, so long as the directors are willing to stay loyal to the comics and so long as the comics sometimes take ques from the movies. I always like it when things are interconnected like that. It looks like the two of you work pretty well like that."

The lights dimmed and the TVs switched to black wait screens from what they had been showing.

"think they're going to play a clip in a few minutes if you want to get some food before that happens." She told them. "Looks like there's a gathering over there already."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Maxx wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 pm
Luna Hawk smiled. "I don't think it makes you sound pathetic." She told the girl. "People are pretty interesting and diverse and what might seem normal to one person might seem strange to another. Perfect example, my dad can navigate the labyrinthine structures of the academic world with ease. Give him a smart phone and see what happens though."

"So, we have one of each then." She smiled. "I think the two can really go together pretty well, so long as the directors are willing to stay loyal to the comics and so long as the comics sometimes take ques from the movies. I always like it when things are interconnected like that. It looks like the two of you work pretty well like that."

The lights dimmed and the TVs switched to black wait screens from what they had been showing.

"think they're going to play a clip in a few minutes if you want to get some food before that happens." She told them. "Looks like there's a gathering over there already."

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:18 pm

What Kendra said about her not sounding pathetic did make Shadow feel slightly better.

Light totally agreed with the thing about comics and movies going together as long as they took things from each other. And he did think that the same applied to him and his sister. Sort of. Like, Shadow listened to Light in the regular world, and Light listened to Shadow in the Realm, as he constantly shortened the name to. And they worked perfectly together like that.

When Kendra mentioned getting food before the clip started, Light kind of nodded, and he and Shadow went towards where the food was. Shadow - admittedly - went slightly more reluctantly, because of her aversion to crowds, but she followed her brother nonetheless.

As thet walked, Light apologised to Shadow. "I'm sorry. I know you have your reasons. I-"
"Oh shut it, Light. I forgive you."

Light chuckled and shook his head. That's just what his sister was like. They reached the table with the food and Light picked up some random sweet thing and bit into it, and started discussing random ideas with Shadow.
"The way to kill a Death God is...
...to make them fall in love with a human."

"What a beautiful way to kill someone."

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:08 am

"Sounds pretty rainbowlicious girl~" Sylvia laughed, attempting to make a joke, considering how many times she used the word! "Well you ARE a superhero Prism. You make a good difference where it counts, and I think that's all that well..that matters to those who are affected by your actions. I think that's something beautiful indeed,"
wrote:"I think... maybe it's not anyone's right to change people's lives.
Out of all that Prism said, that bit was what didn't fly with Sylvia, and mainly because she she was raised in orphanage. Her parents, or her mother, just left her there to die. If the Orphanage did not take her in and left her to die, then it's most probable that she wouldn't have been here today, talking to this heroine that called herself Prism. Not everyone ever gets a choice of lifestyle, or even choose to make a life in a building that is caught within the blast radius of a random villain. No one would choose to live their life in poverty, or to scrape a living off of selling themselves. Sylvia has seen that truth all around her, in her everyday life, in alleyways, street corners and in the news. Choice, in the reality of it is nothing but an illusion. At least, in her opinion.

If such an opportunity arose in her life, would she take it for a change? She didn't bring it with her tonight, but at home resting in her side bag she had a feather. A goose feather. It was nothing fancy and looked quite ordinary by itself. After a bit of research, and a botch of tried ink at the pointed end of it told Sylvia that it was a Quill, the perfect cover for a scholarly witch, it would seem. She made a choice to change her life out from an opportunity that Beatrice Jenny Dubois had forged for her! That choice was hers! and something she was glad for. "That thing you said about changing lives, I don't necessarily thing that opening the door to an opportunity is bad. The choice to walk the change is still your decision. I know that forcing an ideology or circumstance on someone or a people is not good, but, in the belief that something will work for better or for worse, and to not just close off something from everyone just because something could be bad, could be used with bad intentions, I believe that is an injustice. I think what we need is protectors like you who would see to the changes that happen in society and not oppose it. After all, another way of seeing it would be that you are afraid of change, and would fight to stop it, without ever giving a thought that, perhaps, this is a change that would be welcomed by the majority of the people."

Talking, is not bad, but perhaps she may have spoken too strongly. Sylvia backed up and lowered her gaze, "I'm sorry...it's just that circumstances in my life leading up to this point has always been people helping me grow and become more than I could ever have become, more than a child who was abandoned in front of the church on a stormy night. I am who I am because people gave me the opportunity to redefine who I am. Hell, you may not find this person called Evans in this world who is my father! He is a name I made up to avoid being bullied at the orphanage. I always believed to have a mother and father somewhere in this world, but I don't think for a second that they have any importance in my life beyond a maybe dysfunctional condom."

She felt rattled. Sylvia didn't like talking about ghosts in her past, people who didn't exist, names she didn't know and people who brought her nothing but sorrow. She didn't believe it something anyone else besides an orphan to be capable of understanding, and so, Sylvia had failed to mention her story to anyone. She didn't believe it was important. Until now, that is. Here at the party, in front of this rainbow girl prism, she found herself opening up, and with a trickling drop of tear falling from her eyes that she quickly tried to hide by turning around and wiping her eyes, though her eyes had become red, something the teenager would not conceal from the world. She tapped a button on her phone to stop the recording.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Prism knew how to handle that one just fine. She stepped forward, and wrapped her arms around Sylvia. Hugs helped everything. "It's not quite like that," she said, softly, since Sylvia had obviously completely misinterpreted what she'd been saying and, like, totally missed the whole point. She kept her tone gentle, and reiterated. "Everyone should have the chance to change, if they want to. But no one should be forced to change if they don't. It's all about making your own choices. That's all."

She noticed Sylvia stop the recording, and let her have a moment to collect herself. "It's okay, Sylvia. Things can get better. I think... maybe it sounds like they have, because of the choices you made for yourself. Because you decided not to let others choose for you. I think they're going to start that film-thingy up. Why don't we sit and watch that a while, see what it's all about?"

The lights dimmed in anticipation, and Prism smiled a little bit and dimmed her rainbow glow as well, slipping back to a spot on the wall where her sparkles wouldn't be too distracting. She couldn't turn them off of course, but she could at least make sure they didn't bother people.

I'll have to ask Felix what he thinks of this movie thing. I still know nothing at all about comics.

Or maybe she'd just ask Luna Hawk. The answer would be less speculation that way... but maybe that was too personal. It was hard, being a superhero who wanted to know everything about other superheroes. Some of them had a lot of things they didn't want people to know.

And that, too, was a choice.

Mach2

Post by Mach2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:59 am

Tremor listened, quietly and intently, to what Celia Rose had to say. The other girl was non-specific. Darting around her story with vague descriptors, never specifying details. But the concern and fear in her voice said plenty enough. She'd been coerced into taking actions she didn't want to. Robbing a bank. It had ended badly, and the fault had been pinned on her.

A part of Tremor couldn't help but wonder what it was that Celia could do. What could be so terrible that it would cause so much concern over others finding out? She wasn't about to press. Subconsciously, Tremor pulled the collar of her turtleneck slightly higher. She understood boundaries. "It sounds like you're shouldering a lot of blame for something that wasn't your fault. Whatever went wrong at the bank...not your fault," Tremor told her, decidedly. Her words were confident, and she hoped that Celia might internalize some of that confidence. "You even being there. Not your fault. You said your dad forced you to help out with the bank thing? It's not your fault. All of that was beyond your control."

Without missing a beat, Tremor addressed the second half of Celia's confession. The girl's fear that her very presence was putting everyone in the room in danger. "Anyways, you picked a good spot to lay low for a while. Look." Sher raised a hand, pointing around the room at Prism, Luna Hawk, and any other known superheroes. "You, Prism, me. That girl over there even has a sword. Anyone tries to mess with you in here...I'll beat 'em up," she declared confidently.

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Felix made his way over to Sylvia and offered her a smile. He followed her towards the back with Prism. "If you wanna talk later, I'm all ears." He whispered to Sylvia, having obviously noticed how shaken she'd been after her interview with Prism. He looked at her, green eyes bright in the darkened room with honest concern written across his face. "always." He added almost as an after thought and returned his attention to the TV's for the moment, though he remained highly attentative to Sylvia to be certain she didn't need anything more.

He was there for his friends always. Nothing mattered more to Felix than the people close to him. Nothing at all.

The scene started.

Somewhere in another part of the room, unnoticed by most because their attention was either on each other or the post credit's scene teaser on the TVs, two former lovers found one another. They stood apart, perhaps a foot of distance between them, both standing like the warriors they were, their eyes searching the other for a long moment in silence. One of them had moved on like she always did. The other...couldn't. No words passed between them, though eventually hands touched, one comforting the other for a moment in the dark room. Eventually Xae turned away. She couldn't handle it. She'd thought she'd been ready, but she wasn't. She pulled her hat down low over her face again and quietly left through the front door.

Luna Hawk turned back to the party.
Felix noticed none of that. When the lights turned back on he looked like a kid in a candy factory his eyes wider than dinner plates. For a comic book nerd it was like someone had just teased a trailer for a Nolan DC/Marvel crossover movie. There was no word anywhere in his vocabulary to describe his night, not even in his Numinous vocabulary, which was admittedly much larger. He walked into a party and was going to leave with a girlfriend and a teaser for a sequeal to a movie that wasn't even out yet about his favorite hero in comics. Not even died and gone to heaven was descriptive enough for his pure joy at this day.

Doubtless the party would go on well into the next morning as it was intended and there was plenty more that would go on...but none of it could possibly surpass the two big surprises of his night thus far. Somewhere in all of that his hand found Sylvia's, he wasn't sure when it had happened and didn't really care.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 pm

CELIA ROSEImageJAMISON
THE MASTER OF UNLOCKING

Celia Rose idly rubbed her arm nervously. She hadn't really intended everything to just come out like that. She wanted nothing more than to go home, but knew she couldn't. Ever. They would be waiting for her. The thought crossed her mind that things would be better if she did just die. She would have nothing to be afraid of, and her parents would be safe. They couldn't threaten to hurt them if she refused... If she was dead. That wasn't exactly something she wanted to do just yet. She had no way of going about it. It was hard to believe, though, that things going wrong weren't her fault. She must have done something. But it was nice to hear. "T...thank you..." she smiled lightly. It was strange to hear someone willing to stand up for her, but that was nice too. Everything seemed nice. So what was wrong? Was this girl going to want something from her because she was being nice? Maybe she was being nice because she wanted to know what she could do? If that was all... Maybe it wasn't going to be too bad. Or maybe it could go all wrong. She didn't want her to not be nice anymore because she got the information. She knew that was selfish, but she never had anything nice before, and she was clinging to it almost desperately. "Thanks... For talking with me... I feel a little bit better..." she smiled a little more genuinely.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Prism still wasn't sure how she felt about all this comic stuff. The scene started playing on the television, Luna Hawk with a mace at her hip. Prism watched half a moment, then quietly averted her eyes. It still felt... strange. She knew too much about Luna Hawk to think for a moment that this wasn't something important. How difficult would it be, to watch your whole life revealed before everyone? To take the stage, and reveal it yourself?

She didn't think she could do it. Luna Hawk was... a lot stronger than people gave her credit for. There were different kinds of strength, after all. Prism glanced around the room, seeking out their hostess. She was standing there against the wall, next to Xae. They were... quiet, together. Prism wouldn't have thought the two of them would have gotten along, given how... emphatic Xae could be. There seemed to be more to the story than that, though.

Xae pulled the brim of her hat down and left, with an unnatural silence. There was a grace to her, somehow, but she still wasn't someone Prism really wanted to spend a lot of time with. Luna Hawk watched her go, then turned back to the party.

"I'm your huckleberry."

But... what did that even mean?