[REQ] D&D: Juvra, the Eternal Witch (Open)

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Gecko
Bronze

[REQ] D&D: Juvra, the Eternal Witch (Open)

Post by Gecko » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:41 am

If you want some ambiance while you read the intro (because that's my favorite thing in the world), try THIS LINK, it's what I think works for the situation. PLEASE READ THE BOTTOM!

Our story begins in a dimly-lit tavern in Ravenborough, a filthy city that is known for the evil beings that walk among the innocent and leave them with no mercy. The streets are normally filled with mud, shit, and drunken bodies lying about. People huddle under what little shelter they can find from the never-ending rain that pours from the heavens and try to keep themselves as warm as possible with moth-eaten rags. It is not common to find city-folk wandering about the...uh...'streets', but most of them either hang around in bars or at home. Be warned, however, for the men that visit the taverns are worth less than the scum on your shoe.
As far as the people go race-wise, the majority are humans, followed by dwarves as a close second. Yes, more races do drop by, but they like to make a quick exit. Strangers to Ravenborough are not welcome unless they've got something going for them such as money or ale. Other than that, the worst they will do (unprovoked) is give you some taunts and nasty looks.

In one specific tavern, the Pig's Arse, an old dragonborn scholar sits alone with his comically tiny glasses resting upon his snout, skimming through many scrolls and books and hugely unaware of where he is, for this is no place for a scholar. The place he resides in for now is the giant, circular wooden table in the corner of the tavern closest to the raging fire that barely keeps the furthest parts of the place warm. Miniature stained-glass windows perch on the wall above his head, showing the occasional bout of lightning that snaps through the air above Ravenborough. The golden scholar dons nothing but some muddy flowing white robes, a satchel that sags beside him, and a long wooden staff with many nicks and scars gashed into the weapon that rests against the wall behind him.
Though you are here on other business, the sight is too amusing to ask about. With plenty of room to spare around the dragonborn, you take a seat opposite of him and look at all of the scrolls. The scrolls are covered in unintelligible scrawls and bad pictures, things you can't make out in the slightest. Realizing that you've lost yourself in thought, you also notice that the scholar hasn't seen you yet. You clear your throat and the dragonborn looks up with a start, nearly dropping his glasses in the process. He chuckles to himself and adjusts the glasses on his nose.

Alrak Urodax.jpg
"Ah, sorry, sorry my friend. I...It appears as though I have...lost myself in my research again. Were you going sit here with a party?" He looks around the room to see if anyone was with you only to be met with odd glares from a nearby drunk. You shake your head no in reply to the question.

"Yes, yes, well...my apologies. I...uh...I actually..." He loses himself again as he analyzes your form. Some muttering escapes his mouth as he digs back into his scrolls and books, then looks back directly at you.

"You seem to be of a...a decent type! Better than the poor bastards in here. I have a...a proposition for you." The scholar chuckles to himself again and claps his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Introduction! Again, again...apologies. I am Alrak Urokax, Head Scholar of the Grand Castle of Bathall, Keeper of Scrolls and Books."

The introduction seemed greatly rehearsed.

"Yes, yes, my proposition! I am afraid that the country of Arlom, an ally to Bathall, is in a rather...a rather dire situation. An old enemy has reawakened and threatens not only Arlom, but to all those who live close to Arlom - including Ravenborough! A fearsome dragon with a heart of stone and...and fire that is fifty times hotter than the mightiest dwarven furnace. Her name is Juvra, the Eternal Witch. Oh...dear, a witch she is. Juvra is a special dragon with...with abilities that you could only hear in stories when you were but a child. She has the strange ability to...to trick the mind into not only seeing things that do not exist, but feeling these horrible things, too!"

Alrak pauses upon realizing that he accidentally has reached shouting levels. The entire tavern stares at the two of you in both annoyance and bewilderment, but Alrak continues on in a calmer, quieter tone.

"Both Bathall and Arlom...Bathall and Arlom are seeking a group of brave warriors to face Juvra and kill her once and for all. I have provided you with about five potions to battle against the Eternal Witch's mind powers, but only for so long. After that, I cannot help you. If you do accept my proposal, then you may go see to the others that have already accepted my plea over there."

Alrak points with a bony claw and you turn around in your seat to look at the other end of the tavern where several others are already waiting, drinking and introducing themselves to one another. They definitely are a mismatched bunch but strong nonetheless. With a powerful-looking group and loads of money on the line, it's almost an impossible offer to refuse. You turn back around to find Alrak standing and his hand extended towards you, a more hopeful look in his kind eyes than anyone's ever given before.

"Well? Are you ready to accept my quest?"

CS Thread
OOC Thread
RP Thread

Please read! :D
We're just gonna do a little Dungeons and Dragons-themed roleplay because I've been dying to do something with my characters. :D I suppose it'll really just go however, but I'll kind of act like a DM in the sense where I'll make plot points where we need them and keep things rolling. I think. I don't know for sure how this will work, lol. :lol:
Last edited by Gecko on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Re: [REQ] D&D: Juvra, the Eternal Witch

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 am

Sounds great. I'm in.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:01 am

Awesome, thank you! :)

mochi

Post by mochi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:20 am

This sounds pretty sweet, can I join? I love me some cheesy dnd adventures. Just one thing though: will there be any sort of dice mechanics or anything? Should we make up stats for our characters, too, in the ol point buy method? Or is it gonna be purely narrative focused.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:53 am

Awesome! :D This will be narrative-based. I'm just hoping it works out the way I envisioned. The CS and OOC threads are both up and linked up above!

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am

I'll make mine soon.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:26 am

Okie dokie!

mochi

Post by mochi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:34 am

Ok! I’m thinking of going a tiefling rogue or half elf bard, but I’ll wait and see what I feel like picking honestly.

Omega

Post by Omega » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:46 am

I will post mine asap. I've always wanted to get into dnd and this looks awesome!

Come fly with me, the moon shall light our way while the stars guide our path.
<I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end>

Omega

Post by Omega » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:47 am

is there room for 1 more?

Come fly with me, the moon shall light our way while the stars guide our path.
<I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end>