Greetings

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Shado

Greetings

Post by Shado » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:30 am

Hello, everyone! I am Shado (in case you couldn't tell).

For a little bit about me, I have been RPing on and off for approximately six years now. My best genres often involve fantasy themes, humans, shape-shifters, or humans with powers, and animal companions, but I also do the occasional realistic RP as well if it's a story I'm really into or if I just have a general craving for it. I love reading and writing, so when my muse and energy are high and not drained by the demands of school, I find myself browsing forums like these, creating stories, and having fun with other people who share similar interests. I am fluent in the English language and am always happy to help anyone who might want to improve their own English skills.

Outside of RP, I also enjoy things like music, traveling, and learning new languages (both made up and real).

For music, I tend to lean more toward pop from a lot of places. I don't listen to American pop all that much, but I do like the sounds of Spanish music, Korean music, Chinese music, and certain songs in Japanese, French, and a few other languages that I haven't been able to name.

In the travel area, I greatly enjoy going pretty much anywhere at this point. I have been to many states in the United States, and outside of the United States, I have seen Ecuador, Canada, and China (but this one barely counts for now since it was a long time ago). I would absolutely love to travel to China (again), South Korea, New Zealand, England, and Italy, among many other places.

When it comes to languages, I haven't found a language yet that doesn't interest me in some way. I did study French for five years, but I was never great at remembering all the conjugations and such. Now, I am focusing on learning Mandarin and Korean, and will probably soon have to learn some Mongolian for a long trip I will be taking in a few months. In the world of made-up languages, I greatly enjoy looking at Tolkien's elvish tongue and the Valyrian tongue from Game of Thrones.

Just a couple more fun facts about me: I love wolves, dolphins, and owls. My favorite color is silver, even though that's technically not a color. I also like white, black, and a lot of grey hues. (Yes, I am boring like that.) Favorite number? I've never understood this much, but whenever asked, I say 3. Triangles are cool.

Well, that was a little bit about me. I look forward to exploring this place a little more and meeting new people.

Thanks for stopping by! c:
Last edited by Shado on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Hello! I'm Shado. I'm active on and off as my time allows, but I do my best
to keep my replies timely. I do semi-lit/lit RPs. If you're interested in a 1x1 RP with
me, please PM me.

Bacchus

Re: Greetings

Post by Bacchus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:41 am

Welcome to the club, my friend. I'm Bacchus, the local alcoholic, though I haven't been on in almost a year. I like you already. Owls? Badass. Wolves? Badass. Dolphins? Well, I had a bit of a nasty ruckus involving some asshole sailors, but badass too.

You like Mili? They're a Japanese indie pop band, got a great sound.

Also, gotta ask, when you say Elvish - Quenya or Sindarin? Or both? Cause both would be double badass.
Let's get drunk.

Shado

Post by Shado » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:46 am

Haha thank you! It's nice to meet you.

To be honest, I have not heard of Mili. Out of Korean, Chinese, and Japanese music, Japanese music (and the language) is the stuff I know the least about. I probably know more about Japanese culture than the language, and that's not saying much since I don't know so much about that either. I'd love to learn more though!

For the Elvish, definitely both, but I lean just a little more toward Quenya. There's just something about the sound of Quenya... Either way, the writing is really neat, too. I've played around with stuff on my own and ended up creating 2 writing systems of my own. They just don't have languages to go with them yet.
ImageImage

Hello! I'm Shado. I'm active on and off as my time allows, but I do my best
to keep my replies timely. I do semi-lit/lit RPs. If you're interested in a 1x1 RP with
me, please PM me.

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:16 am

Welcome to RPF, Shado! I'm Shinigami, the Community mod. ^_^

If you haven't already, please take a look at our rules; here's a link: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4191 If you have any questions or concerns, just send a message to me or another member of the staff and we'll get back to you ASAP.

See you around! :3
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules