Tokuyu

(OOC) A Story of Fate or Choice - Wanderlust

Post by Tokuyu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:11 am

Putting this up in case people have questions and stuff
"Let the chips fall where they may"

Snake Eyes

Re: (OOC) A Story of Fate or Choice - Wanderlust

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 am

Regarding the Soul Eyes magic. Are we supposed to put its abilities, or are they revealed to each individual by you? This made sense to me since you also mentioned drawbacks. Should we make abilities without drawbacks under this particular magic? Are stages possible to control, as in reverse to stage one if the second stage is obtained? Do we gain new abilities in the same theme as we advance, or are the eye base abilitues just stronger?
It's just the cat Image

Tokuyu

Post by Tokuyu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 am

I planned to reveal the abilities to each individual, since everyone has amnesia, although you can list the abilities if you want. Think of it as a sort of 'muscle memory' for your soul. The drawbacks will be revealed as your character uses the abilities, so you don't have to worry about them while writing - but the stronger the ability, the greater the drawbacks.
Also, yeah, the stages are possible to control. Whenever the eyes are activated, they always begin at the First Awakening. You can switch between stages at will, though they require a moment of concentration. You also gain new abilities, of course. The abilities you gain are based off of the situation that caused your eyes to undergo an Awakening.

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Is there a conjuration or summoning magic system? Also is my characters unnotes flute ok or over powered since it uses sounds that are invisible and unhearable except for to the animal hybrid races?

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Well, if you were to use sound as a weapon, that would make it an undodgeable attack, no?
It's just the cat Image

Tokuyu

Post by Tokuyu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:02 pm

There are summons, and using the Willpower or Art of Magic systems will allow you to summon things. You can also summon things through contracts, either by using a scroll(one use only) or signing a blood contract with the thing you want to summon.
As for your unnotes? Yeah, it is kinda overpowered. Switch it for something else

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:05 pm

...Should have just kept my thoughts to myself... What if I put a range on it that can be magnified in caves and other places with echo?

Tokuyu

Post by Tokuyu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:09 pm

That works. It could also harm friendly targets too, since you can't just unheard sounds, so I guess that balances it out a bit. Also, you gotta remember that your character has amnesia. You'll have to 'learn' the unnotes again.
I guess all of these balances the unnotes? It's undodgeable, but it needs to be played with a flute and harms friendlies as well as enemies. You also need to 'learn' it again, though you still unconsciously remember a few notes

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Yeah, so how does 3 meters/9 feet sound for the range?

Tokuyu

Post by Tokuyu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:50 pm

Seems fair enough, so alright