[Water] We've got a train to catch

Aqua
Bronze

Re: [Water] We've got a train to catch

Post by Aqua » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:24 am

Vinny had resigned himself to death. Closing his eyes, he thought that it would be quick at least.

And then Syrena yanked on his arm and pulled him out of his blissful haze. Well, a few more years on Pandora won't hurt I guess.

Vinny landed on top of Syrena and looked down at her, giving her a kiss on the lips before rolling off of her and bolting towards the Goliath.
"Thanks Siri, you're a lifesaver huh!" He smiled, whipping out his katana and leaping onto the Goliath's shoulders as it swung at the two holograms. With one hand he raised it in the air above the Goliath's head, and in the other hand he pressed his Slag pistol to the Goliath's helmet, shooting it and busting it open while slagging the Goliath.

The Goliath stopped for a few moments as it began to become raging, and that was all the time Vinny needed to drive the Katana down through his head, killing him instantly. The goliath's body dropped onto it's knees and then fell forward onto it's chest.

Meanwhile Krieg had gotten atop Moxxi's caravan and had leaped to the other part of the train, offering a hand to Syrena.
"Come on lazy ass, get your ass up we don't have all day to be laying around! We've got a train to catch."
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Finding herself breathless, Syrena didn't say a word to Vinny after pulling him back onto the train. She was obviously extremely glad she had been able to save him. A few moments after Vinny ran off Syrena propped herself up on her elbows and turned her head to watch what was going to happen.

The holograms, having reached their limit, faded back into disks which slid themselves into Syrena's hand. For a few seconds she watched the goliath being swiftly killed whilst catching her breath.

Once the redness had faded from her face, Syrena almost hesitantly took Krieg's hand to pull herself up then chuckled lightly at what he said.
"Yeah, we have. Thanks."

Feeling completely normal again, Syrena took a step into the car and looked at the other two.
"Are we alright to go into the next one?" She asked. "I don't wanna have to look off the edge of a damaged train any longer than I have to."
I am Aqua's Princess

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Vinny gave her a smile. "Hey, better to be looking off the edge of the train than to be staring at the edge from the other side, right?" He gave a little snicker and turned himself to the door. He really hoped there was a puppy on the other side.

He kicked open the door and...Well it wasn't a puppy.

But it wasn't anything bad either. It was...strange. The walls were bright red and there was a different photo of Vinny plastered along each wall, some were rather...provocative, to say the least.

"Well this is...Uh....the only person who could really have these photos is my ex....What was her name again? Wait wait wait wait-" Vinny began saying as he turned and started running towards Krieg.

He quickly slid under Krieg's legs as a shield smashed into Krieg's chest and wiped out his shields.

"Heya babes, did you miss me?"

Vinny climbed up and clutched onto Syrena from behind while on his knees, pressing his face against her and muttering, "Don't let her get to me, I really don't like that woman..."
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:11 pm

"Who IS she?" Syrena questioned, her expression a mixture of confusion and concern. "Why has she wallpapered the car with pictures of... oh my god."
Whilst placing a hand on Vinny's forehead to prevent him from pressing his face into her Syrena let out a few giggles. Then some more.

It seemed the flood gates were now open and laughter was spilling from her every few moments. Still finding the situation hilarious but recognising that this woman was actually dangerous, she pulled the shotgun off her back.

"Sorry. Sorry. You alright Krieg?" Syrena asked, loading her weapon then aiming at the woman.

"Listen, lady. You're going to calm yourself for one seco-" Her eyes drifted from Athena to the wall behind her for a split second and... holy crap.

"The cowboy hat." Syrena managed to splutter out between laughs. Her eyes were watering.
I am Aqua's Princess

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 am

"I've never hated somebody more than I do in this moment." Vinny said, smashing his head into Syrena.

Athena took advantage of the situation to charge forward with a crazed smile on her face, her shield already returned to her arm from its throw at Krieg. Krieg took a defensive stance but was shoved hard by the shield, thrown back through the train car and barely saved from flying off the train. Krieg was now holding onto a single bar of railing that had no end, the rest of his body blowing in the wind as the train continued to pick up speed.

Vinny turned his head and dived back into the previous train car. Syrena was going to have to fight Athena on her own. He had to take care of Krieg so they didn't lose another of the Vault Hunters. Vinny slid across the train car and planted his feet against the side, extending his hand out so that Krieg could try to grab it with his other hand.

Meanwhile Athena stood next to Syrena, and was already swinging her shield at the Redhead's head.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:01 am

“Oh shi-“ Syrena exclaimed, ducking down to avoid Athena’s shield just in time to save it from flying directly in her face.

She had been too busy watching what was going on with Vinny and Krieg. It was incredibly lucky that she had noticed the shield coming in her direction.

Whilst slightly crouched, Syrena took the time to bring out her melee weapon and switched it on. Feeling the satisfying whirr of the rotating blade in her hand, she took a swing at Athena’s leg. She prepared to step away after hitting to avoid any attacks.
I am Aqua's Princess

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:07 am

Athena took the hit towards her leg, her shield taking the brunt of the impact and not breaking. Athena took the time to swing her shield down at Syrena's arm, hoping to catch a hit that she sacrificed her dodge for.

"GRAB MY HAND ALREADY BEFORE I FLY OFF OF THIS F*CKING TRAIN, VINNY!" Krieg shouted at Vinny while trying to pull himself closer to the train.

Vinny wasn't exactly in a great position to help but he was trying his best. He was trying to use his legs as a life saver, holding onto a bar in the train very tightly with his hands. Krieg was trying to reach for his legs, but there was inches between them and too much force pushing him back.

Athena quickly revealed the fire pistol she was keeping behind her shield and tried to make a point blank burst fire on Syrena.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Managing to jump away at the very last second before Athena's shield hit, Syrena took a few steps back away from the woman. She was not lucky enough to avoid the shots from the fire pistol, however. They were taken fairly well by Syrena's shield, which prevented the attack from becoming extremely damaging against her flesh.

The pistol caused Syrena to ignite for a few seconds, dealing decent damage to her shield. Once the fire had died down, Syrena's shield still pulled through, just about. Whilst on fire Syrena had brought out her holograms and dropped them at her feel.

The holograms appeared overlapping with each other and Syrena herself. This made it even more difficult to spot the real person within them. They didn't hesitate a moment too long and were soon dashing off all around Athena in different directions. Hopefully she wouldn't wouldn't be able to hit the real Syrena for at least a few seconds to give her shield a chance to regenerate.

Syrena herself found herself behind Athena. Quickly she brought out her slag shotgun and aimed at the back of the woman's head. Not hesitating in the slightest she fired, the holograms all taking aim at Athena and firing too. Syrena kept her eye out and prepared to either reload or switch to her pistol.
I am Aqua's Princess

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:24 pm

Athena watched as the holograms split off, and was unsure which was the real Syrena. She took the Slag shotgun to the back of the head like a champ, eating through her shields and successfully slagging her, dealing a miniscule amount of damage to her health.

Athena was on a whole other level.

She turned after taking the shot and unholstered her Conference Call, unleashing a blast at Syrena just like the one she just took.

Athena ran towards the unopened train door and threw it open, revealing Wilhelm at the front driving the train.
"Willy, it's time for us to go, the train's close enough to go on its own!" Athena yelled into the cabin.

Wilhelm stood up and straightened his bowtie. He was wearing a three piece suit and had blood slicking his hair back. He looked no older than all of those years ago on Elpis, looking much younger than Athena at this point.

"Well, if it's time to go, then we go. Syrena, give Krieg my many thanks for Mordecai's location." Wilhelm gave Syrena a finger gun salute and then hopped out of the side of the train with Athena. Sanctuary was not a day away apparently, it looked like it was about...a minute away now? Woops.

Meanwhile Vinny was doing his best with Krieg. Krieg had successfully pulled his way onto the train after much swearing and threats, and now it was Vinny who needed the help. He gave Krieg a hopeful look.

Krieg gave Vinny a cold stare. "Sorry kiddo. Jack knows Maya's location, you know I have to do what I have to do." Krieg said this, and then brought his buzz axe down, slicing a deep wound in Vinny's fingers. Vinny let go out of pain, and stared into Krieg's eyes as he shot out the back of the train.

It was like time slowed down, and for the second time today Vinny thought he was going to die.

But he wasn't prepared this time.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 am

It would be an understatement to say the shot from Athena's Conference Call hit Syrena hard. The blast sent her flying back into the wall behind her, destroying her shield which had only just begun regenerating and blasting through most of her health. Needless to say, she looked almost dead as Wilhelm and Athena left the train and didn't say anything to either of them.

The information took a long time to process. Syrena wasn't sure that she understood the half of it when she found strength to get up. Recovering from having her breath completely taken away and trying to wipe away the blood forming around her wounds, Syrena pushed herself back onto her feet and looked into the other car.

In the middle of saying something Syrena turned her head to see Krieg slicing into Vinny's fingers. After watching as Vinny flew into the distance, she brought her eyes back to Krieg.

She couldn't kill him. No matter how much she wanted to gut the man right there, even in her dazed state Syrena knew she was far too weak to handle someone like him. Pressing a bloody hand against the wall to steady herself and not noticing when a picture became stuck to her hand. Stumbling backwards towards the driver's compartment, Syrena kept an eye on Krieg.
"You... you bastard," She spat, her anger overpowering her pain in only her voice. "How could you? You mother fuc- ah."

Before finishing her last word, Syrena had reached the front car of the train with the controls. Using the last of her stamina she ran in and slammed the door shut behind her, searching briefly for a lock. After leaning against the door for a few moments, Syrena studied the controls closely and searched for a brake. Anything to stop the train.
I am Aqua's Princess