The New World: Deadlands

CrashJr
Silver

Re: The New World: Deadlands

Post by CrashJr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:51 am

Chris gave a smile at Tessa, he hadn't much spoken to her since escaping the compound, but he did have a respect for her more so that she had cared for Lee so much. "And if Lee had gotten this mark and they treated him as they are treating us now?" he asked, although he knew it was a low blow he did have a point. Lee wouldn't come up with the same plan as he had, but he knew the man would more then likely fight back if they were going to try and get rid of those with marks. "Understand what I say, I'm not calling for murder, I'm calling for revolt. In any case of a viral outbreak the first thing that is done is quarantining those infected. If they continue to worsen, well most cases see those sick are put down and their bodies burned." he nods and looks around.

Several people look unsure, most all of those inside this infirmary had been with the group from the supermarket and didn't want to believe what Chris was saying. There were a few, he saw, that nodded.

"Yeah, that's something Cat would do" a man shouted over.

"Tyler and Sabine wouldn't let that happen, though" a woman spoke up.

"Yeah, but when the fuck didn't Cat just bitch and moan until the two agreed with her" the man said looking at the woman. She went silent at that.

Chris's grin grew a little wider, "Now, now let's not fight. We all have a common goal here, right? We all just want to live like they do, but as that man there said, ungracefully of course but, your leaders might not want to, but they will. Sure it will secure the safety of the rest, but that safety is built over are charred bones and ashes. That's why I say when they come, we show them that they can't just decide our fate. They can't just say that because we are sick doesn't mean we are to die. We use the pain and rage to show them that we not only should live, but that we are what is the next step of what the human race is to be" he nods. He looks around and is glad to see several of the people nodding in agreement, mostly, it seemed, for the fact they didn't want to die.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 am

At first, he didn’t want to believe it, then he heard it again. Jax had apparently followed after him. Reznik cursed under his breath a bit and shook his head. The man was apparently stubborn as hell, Rez had to give him that. But honestly, Jax was wasting his time, as he had no intentions of going back. He also knew, Jax knew him well enough to find his little hiding spot.

Stepping out of the office, Rez looked down the winding stairs to the bottom level where Jaxons voice was calling from. “I’m not going back Jax, I can’t go back.” It pained him to say it, leaving everyone else behind like that, but what would it matter anymore? The woman he loved was gone now, Lydia wanted nothing to do with him, everyone else was pretty much at arms length with him as it was. He just didn’t fit in.

Sighing a bit he leaned up against the rail, clutching his trench coat tighter as he waited for the inevitable. Reznik knee his words would fall on deaf ears and knew Jax would be up the staircase in a matter of minutes.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Despite his attempts, Chris wasn't breaking through Tessa's rational stance. The comment about Lee pissed her off, but surprisingly she remained level headed. From what she could tell, this all seemed like some kind of trick to rile everyone else up while he did something devious behind everyone's back. The blonde wasnt going to let that happen, not to her friends. Despite not seeing them due to quarantine, Tessa still had a bond with a few of them. And for the most part they had a good thing going, Chris wasn't going to fuck it up.

With a sigh the blind looked down at her leg, the mark staring her back in the face. At any moment it could grow and that would be it. At any moment her life could be over. "Maybe if youd stop being so damn selfish, all of you would see this is for eveyones safety. If they wanted to kill the sick, they wouldve done it already. Okay? Dont let some former serial killer get you all riled up."

A few looks shot the blondes way, murmurs spreading through the sick as their eyes gazed on to Chris. It seemed not all were aware of his former life, and as Tessa hoped, bringing that bit of information forward seemed to slow his riot momentum.

---

As expected, Jaxon trudged up the winding stairs, trailing behind a few blankets as he ascended. Once he was finally at the top, Jaxon dropped the remaining blankets and slid down to a sitting position on the top step, facing Reznik as he draped one foot off the edge. With a shiver the tattooed man brushed the snow from his clothes, finally looking up at his friend. Though the look on his face didnt appear negative in anyway, only more sympathetic. "I get it man." Jax replied simply as he fumbled in his pocket for one of the broken cigarettes from earlier. "Huh, last one." He mumbled as he lit the broken end. "To be honest with you.. If it were me, i would've done the same thing. I dont think i would've been able to bear it. Shit i almost left when Lee died. But i knew if i did, it wouldn't make me feel better, i would just wind up completely alone with no one to watch my back." Jaxon let out a large puff of smoke, puffing air through his teeth as a small smile followed. "I'm not gonna let you go through that. That's why im'a follow yo ass until you come to your senses. And then... we'll go back and face both of our problems, together." The long draw of Jaxon's acxent stuck out more than usual, his words hanging in the air for a moment as he looked away, gazing down at the steps below.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 pm

Sean walked slowly with Calli in the sheet towards the fire, helping the doctor haul the girl. Calli didn't weigh much at all for her to be all dead weight, the sheet had to help a little bit. Once they reached the fire, Sean positioned Calli over and gently set her down on the fire. Sean wasn't looking forward to the smell of burning hair but he knew Cassi wouldn't leave her sister. Looking to the woman's eyes he saw the sadness and pain. He slowed walked his way to her and put his arms around her hugging her to comfort her. He pulled her close and held her, being the last sibling, Sean didn't want her to feel alone. Quietly, in a soft voice Sean sang a song he remembered from before the whole world started smoking.
"It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It's breaks your will
It feels like that
You think you're lost
But your not lost on your own
You're not alone
I will stand by you
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
It hurts my heart
To see you cry
I know it's dark
This part of life
Oh it finds us all (finds us all)
And we're too small
To stop the rain
Oh but when it rains
I will stand by you
I will help you through
And you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
You're gonna make it
Yeah I know you can make it
'Cause I will stand by you
I will help you through
And you can't cope
And I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
And I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't."
( I don't own the song, it's called "I won't let go" by Rascal Flatts and it sure does pull on the heart strings if you wanna listen to it.
This post is dedicated to the late Calliope Hughs)

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:56 am

Chris gave a nod, "Yes I was...well still am, because I know what it means to survive. I am also pretty smart about sicknesses and what happens to those that won't get better. You can believe me now, or wait until it happens. Just know that when they come it won't be to kill...not yet. I'll take those without marks away and lock us up in here. They'll continue to take care of us, but those that feel the pain that boils over into the rage. The rage that fills you so much that you lash out, they'll start to see that as signs that is part of it. Then they'll start to kill us off, not with guns but needles." he gave pause and looked around.

"That doctor, they'll talk him into give us all injections to help ease the pain, but really it'll be to kill us slowly" He nods looking Tessa in the eyes. "Even you, and not a damn thing will be said to protect you from anyone out there".

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm

Misty looked down as he explained that the man was dead, and why she couldn't have done it. He was right, while she knew that she could survive on her own, she had Ryder, Eva and the rest of her group to think about. She tilted her head at his mention of solitary confinement. “You killed him.” It wasn't a question, and she felt her shoulders relax. “Thank you. But why would you do that? This didn't really involve you.”

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:08 am

Rez shook his head and sighed, merely leaning against the wall and crossing his arms. Yeah, Jax had been through basically the same thing, though unfortunately, Rez also carried the weight of the other deaths on his shoulders as well.

Shaking his head once again, he reached into his vest pocket under his coat and pulled out a full pack of cigs. Putting the butt of one to his lips, he struck a match and lit it, then handed the open pack to Jax. “Found em in the store across the street. Hope you don’t mind Marlboro Reds...”

Inhaling he held it a moment, then the smoke flowed from his nostrils. Reznik knew the shit would kill him, but with how numb he felt inside, he honestly didn’t give a damn.

—————

Johnny shrugged his shoulders and crossed his arms over his chest. True, it didn’t concern him, however, at the same time, it did. “She’s asked me to continue her kendo and swordsmanship lessons. And as her sensei it is my obligation and responsibility to watch over her. Not to mention as being the top self defense teacher here, it was also my responsibility to the community to take care of the matter.”

Looking at her, he just gave a half assed smile, “Besides, Cat would ream my ass if she found out I knew a man was walking around free assaulting everyone.”

—————

Ryder finished up with Eva, while at the same time listening to that idiot Chris. He also listened to everything Tessa had to say. And he supported her without any regrets or doubts. Finally the man stood up, obviously looked over by Chris is this instance, and turned and faced the man.

Since they met, Ryder had an instant distaste for him, and couldn’t stand to be around him. That and knowing the mans rap sheet only added to it.

“And listening to the psycopathic dumbass WILL get you killed.” His voice boomed in the room, something he was used to doing during training with new recruits.

“While Mr Midnight Stalker here thinks he can win you over through fear and making you angry, your forgetting something important. The only ones here that’ll end up being removed from the community are the ones who are aggressive and a threat to others.” He looked at everyone, some of which obviously shocked at how loud he spoke up.

“Think about it, really let it sink in. If you were in there shoes, would you honestly let someone around your children, your family, if they were going into a feral rage and killing and attacking anyone in sight?” He noticed that got people’s attention. Everyone seemed to be initially buying into the hype that Chris was instilling in them, but the reality Ryder just thre out at them seemed to hit the mark harder.

“Who here has kids? Or a loved one outside of these walls?” He saw most raised their hands. “Then focus on getting better, not causing an uprising.” Ryder then grabbed his vest, unzipped the front and lifted his shirt. On his left side was a black blotch that covered about the area of a baseball. “Because I’m living proof you can get better.”

Ash

Post by Ash » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Misty smiled softly as he said he was teaching her. “She had mentioned it. She is truly happy that she can learn.” She chuckled a bit and said, “I remember she used to be very nervous to ask you for help. I am glad she finally did.” She looked back up at him as he looked at her, and she laughed at the statement about Cat. “ You are right she would. Well, I will let you deal with that.” She turned towards the cafeteria, “Oh, and thanks.” With that she made her way to the cafeteria for some food for her and Ryder.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:18 pm

A light expression came to Jaxon's face as Reznik handed him the cigarette pack. "My favorite." Jaxon chirped happily as he lit the cigarette. For a moment silence hung in the air again, leaving the two of then two their thoughts. "You know... no one blames you for what happened.. at the airport. If anything i always thought they should blame me. After all it was my idea." Jaxon began as his eyes shifted up to reznik. "But i realised no one blames me either... because it wasn't our fault.. it was that bastard Tajo... and Sullivan.." Jaxon gritted his teeth at mention of Jude. Obviously Jaxon hated the man, for obvious reasons... but he didnt have it in him to take his life.

"You know, ive been struggling myself.. recently." Jaxon began, feeling he should try to relate to the man. "After Lee's death I felt alone.. like i didnt belong. Shit maybe i still feel like that." Jax took a long drag from the cig and turned his head to the stairs again. "But you got to say goodbye to Calli.. she got to go peacefully..and no one hates you for it. Cassi will come around. I know it hurts.. trust me i know.." he took another long drag as let out a sigh. "At least the one you loved, didnt hate you for something you didnt do." Lyida's image flashed through his mind as he spoke those words, shaking his head in dissappointment.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Cassi listened to the song as she leaned into Sean, the words were sad but beautiful, as they ended she listened to the crackling of the fire as the smell of burning flesh filled her nostrils - was this how they would all end up eventually? Dead? As she pulled away, she looked over at Arthur, then at Sean, it was strange that two strangers she barely knew were here helping her, after the airport, she stopped looking for people like that, who helped others, despite their own problems.

"Thank you.. both.."she finally spoke, as her gaze dropped again, the tears welled up in her eyes,"I really have nothing to say though, or at least I don't know what to say, another goodbye.. it sucks.. it just keeps on sucking, just when I was coping with Lee.. she had to go too - like some sick joke.."she trailed off as she wiped at the tears that rolled down her face,"This world just keeps on fucking taking and ... I hate it!"she sobbed as she covered her face.

The North Remembers.
"Plan A, was marrying her a long, long, time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.