{REQ}The Land Called Earth.

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
ghost_wolf_

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 am

You think it would be cool to be mythical. You'd have the advantages of being immortal and being pretty or having magical powers.

It's not like that. It's never been like that. I would know.

My name is Zoey. I'm an angel, well, at least I think I am. I have wings, feathered ones. Except, there's a slight, I guess you would call it a imperfection with my wings.
See, one wing is as black as coal. The other is as white as fresh snow. Many other Angels have shunned me. Nobody will talk to me, instead they laugh. I haven't shown my face in heaven for weeks now.

I should take you back to the beginning though.

-Two Months Ago-

There comes a time in a young angels life where they are granted their wings. It's kind of a big deal here. Once you're granted your wings, you get respect from a lot of people. Us, Angels, we think of our wings as something that describe ourselves. Not all of our wings are white. Some have color, mostly gold or gray. There are few who have hues of blues or purples in their wings. They are given the most respect.
But not everyone gets their wings. It's like having a poor class and a rich class.
We communicate, sure, but it doesn't go any further than that. Most of the Angels that don't get their wings work for the ones that do. It's how they stay in heaven.
If you don't work for an angel with wings, however, you're sent to hell. Where you become a demon.
We have a peace treaty, it came into play after the last war. It was catastrophic, it almost wiped our the human race. Almost.
Angels and Demons now have their own territory. This treaty has been in use for over a thousand years.
No angel has actually met God, many say he's working all the time. For the demons however, Lucifer seems to know them all by name. He has even made his own appearance once or twice.

It makes me wonder if God really is still here. But he has to be, in order to give us our wings... Right?

Today was my day to get my wings. My mom was so happy. she had received hers when she was a couple years older than me. I never heard much of my dad though, my mom refuses to speak of him...

The wing process is very simple, surprisingly. What happens is that a piece of your soul, or what we Angels call it, our grace is taken out. The magic that our grace gives off forms the kind of wings that reflect who we are. When I received my wings, people told me that they just hadn't figured it out yet. They told me that for three weeks. Then people started to realize that my wings were going to be like this forever. One black as coal, and one white as fresh snow.

My mom even stopped talking to me. How could one with wings be so shamed and hated on.
After a month, I decided to leave. I left heaven. I made my journey to where the mortals resided. Certain parts of that world belonged to Angels. So I would be safe.
My wings don't show on Earth, the place where mortals live, they only show when demons are near. But they are hidden to mortals, their eyes have been corrupted with the world they created.

I've settled in an apartment in a town called Chicago. It's on the boundary of the territory lines. It's a neutral zone. So I am safe from both sides.

-Present Day-

I've fit in quite well. I avoid going out too much, I've bought books and I spend most of my time reading the novels these mortals created. My apartment is full of books. Since I am angel, I don't eat. But, since I'm on Earth, I do get tired and feel some emotion. In heaven, you never feel emotion. It's liked your feelings are locked away. Or tucked in a corner, scared to show in fear of being judged.

I've only had a couple run ins with demons. They didn't seem to mind, they didn't seem to care. I've never seen any other angel down here before.

It's strange, these other beings on earth have certain powers that reside in them. It's like angels and demons aren't the only strange creatures on this earth. I've heard of Oracles, or humans that can read your past. They know about you, they can tell you what your truly are. I have yet to run into one.

3. Romance allowed, but don't go overboard (AKA... keep it in your pants kids.)
4. Swearing allowed, but once again don't go overboard
5. Put "Oracle's are just cocky humans" somewhere in the CS to show you've read the rules
6. Have fun!

If you have any questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer!

MORE ABOUT THE ROLES

Oracles: Oracle's are basically meta-humans. They can sense who is an Angel and who is a Demon. Some do have the ability to look into the future, but only few.
Demons: Cocky yet smart. Usually they surface to terrorize, but some casually look around. They do have a burning hatred towards Angels. Some kidnap Angels on earth and bring them to hell to "convert" the angels to demons.

Angels: Born under the hand of God, these things act much like spoiled rich kids. Many are on Earth to explore the various cultures humans have created. Quite nice, but they do have some anger issues when it comes to (You guessed it) Demons

Humans: (Must I really explain humans?) Humans come in various shapes, sizes, colors, and personalities. Very few, have encountered Angels or Demons and lived to tell about it.
Last edited by ghost_wolf_ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghost_wolf_

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

Here's my CS so you can get an idea of what I'm looking for

-Character Sheet-
Name: Zoey
Personality: Quiet, she prefers to stay in the safety of her apartment due to fear of being found by a Demon and taken to Hell. She's quite nice, not too mean, but she will mess someone up if she has to
Role: Angel
Bio: She was ashamed of how her wings were given to her (one black and one white) so she made the decision to leave Heaven and take shelter in the neutral zone.
Appearance: She has long brown hair which she keeps in a ponytail. She's about 5'11 and pretty fit. She has green eyes that match with her brown hair perfectly. She's quite pale, but it fits her.

Extra: Oracle's are just cocky humans:)
Last edited by ghost_wolf_ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellbounddemon
Silver

Re: {REQ}The Land Called Earth.

Post by hellbounddemon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 am

may i join.

ghost_wolf_

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 am

by all means go for it

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:30 am

ok thanks. it might take a bit for the cs

ScorpiBun

Post by ScorpiBun » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 pm

Name: Robin Solus
Personality: Robin is generally a good person. He cares about other people and often puts everybody else and their needs in front of himself/his needs. He can be funny and sarcastic but often acts weird when meeting new people. He likes to think everything through and always sees everybody’s perspective when in an argument. He always feels bad if somebody else feels bad if it’s even remotely connected to him. Although he is a good person, like all of us, he occasionally has a breakdown and when he just can’t take it anymore he likes to go out and just party it out.
Role: Human
Bio: Robin was an orphan when he was just a little baby until he was adopted by the Coldwell’s at the age of 5. He kept his last name because it seemed weird for a 5-year-old child to change his last name. After the adoption things calmed down a little bit and everything fit into its place. He was happy and so were his parents. Even though he is an only child and people would expect that he would be spoiled, he isn’t. Him and his parents moved to Chicago when he was at the age of 15 because one of his dads got a job there.
Appearance: Robin looks like a normal boy. His hair is dark brown, almost black and his eyes are a beautiful shade of emerald green. His hair is always messy but that is just a part of his look. He usually wears hoodies and sometimes some kind of an aesthetic t-shirt and ripped jeans or in summer, shorts. He is kind of short, but his height could be considered a lower average.
Abilities: Although Robin doesn't know it yet, he is very special. Even though it's impossible for a human to see an angel or a demon because they have corrupted vision, Robin can. When he gets close to an angel or a demon, they show their true appearance like they would if they met another one of their kind. Others see them as normal people but he sees their true self.

Oracle's are just cocky humans
Last edited by ScorpiBun on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a quick quote that gets me through the day:
"I am Groot"
----------------------------------------- Baby Groot

ghost_wolf_

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:32 pm

amazing, accepted:)

ScorpiBun

Post by ScorpiBun » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:37 am

Thanks!
Just a quick quote that gets me through the day:
"I am Groot"
----------------------------------------- Baby Groot

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm

-Character Sheet-
Name:ariana stone
Personality:cocky and smart mouthed. she hates the territory problem since she is stuck being half and half
Role: half demon half human (if thats ok)
Bio: she wanted to see if her miom was on earth or if she was actually gone like her father said. she was stuck as the princess of hell and hated it she wanted to find love and gain her soul back.
Appearance: (Picture or Description)
wears pre-ripped jeans black tshirt black combat boots and a leather jacket. long brown hair emrald green eyes 5ft 5in and wings are black sith gray patches
Extra:she hides from her father and angels who have tried to kill her so she is in the middle territory where no one cares who you are
Last edited by hellbounddemon on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellbounddemon
Silver

Post by hellbounddemon » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:26 pm

if this needs to be fixed please let me know