Brutal 48

Reyn
Member+

Re: Brutal 48

Post by Reyn » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:28 am

A scream could be heard from the break room; agonised and piercing, echoing down the empty hallway. Whoever had made it must've been in unimaginable pain, although the scream ended quite abruptly. It was loud enough to attract attention from a young intern, who quickly made her way towards the room, worried sick about what was going on in there.

"Hello?" She said cautiously "A-are you alright in there?".

To her surprise, there was only one person in the break room: Edith. She was in the middle of trying to lift herself off the floor by pushing her weight against the counter, but when the wood frame around it began to splinter and crack, she gave up and just pushed herself up by her knees instead. She offered the intern a gentle smile, nodding her head in reassurance.

"Yes, I'm alright, love." She said "I just slipped on something and fell over next to this cabinet. I nearly cracked my bloody head open on that thing... although, seeing as how it cracked when I put my arm down on it, I doubt my head would've been the first thing to go.".

"A-ah, really?" The intern smiled weakly "I see... must've frightened you quite a bit, then. With the way you screamed, I thought someone was being stabbed in here...".

Edith laughed, shaking her head. That was all the intern needed in response, really. She turned around and left the break room, waving over her shoulder at Edith as she went. At least everything was alright, despite the worry it caused her. They were in quite a nice facility, but she doubted the reliability of the doctors on site sometimes...

--

Edith took a moment to take a breath. Her mind was full of mad thoughts, none of which made sense but, at the same time, meant more than anything ever had before. She was falling apart, but being rebuilt, she was empty, but had never been so full. Was it a near-death experience? Is that what those things did to people? Or was it...

DING!

The sound of the coffee machine snapped her out of her haze. There was no sense in giving in to that kind of thing now, was there? She had her own mind, what reason would there be to let that slip? At least she was stable in her mentality. That's what gave her the edge. Maybe that's why this happened.

She took the coffee off the drain and quickly made herself a cup of tea, before starting the long walk back to the studio...

...leaving the break room behind, empty.

PieHostage3_14

Post by PieHostage3_14 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 am

Kimberly stepped back as Liv did her thing. She let out a low whistle as a chorus of small explosions occurred when she threw the rocks. "Jesus, you didn't need to make yourself more attractive." She said, brushing a bit of her hair behind her ear. As Sin walked closer, almost getting into her face, Kimberly began biting the side of her cheek, hard, working on breaking the skin to get some blood free. She took a step closer to Liv, but didn't go any further.

ghost_wolf_

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 am

Jacob reached the building but she didn't go inside, instead she walked around it. Her eyes landed on the fire escape and she smirked.
"Bingo." She said to herself.
Jacob walked back around to the front of the building and opened the door slowly. She wasn't sure if any other contestant was in here, but she was about to find out.
She closed her eyes and stepped inside, trying to listen for footsteps or something to indicate another human. Once she was sure nobody was in the building- or on the ground floor she was on- she found her way to some steps. It seemed this was an old apartment building.
Jacob wondered if anyone had previously lived her as she continued to ascend the staircase to the roof.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:16 am

Richard observed the others carefully, noting one girl making explosives and a gentleman disappear into the shadows. Seeing that he edged slightly away from the growing darkness of the rooftop. After resettling he saw something incredibly interesting...someone leaving the group and heading for the building he was on. He doubted she could see him...but she went straight for him. To his surprise she didn't try to enter through the front door...she was actually using her brain.

As she circled around looking for a back entrance Cerberus decided to further test his icy abilities. First he quickly froze the door to lock it, then placed some ice at the doors foot. If this girl decided to come up here she'd find more of a challenge than she bargained for. Cerberus then repositioned himself to attack the girl if he needed. For now he had to wait and see what she did.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am

Utterly relieved that Sin had chosen to come over to her, Olivia spent a few seconds just staring up at Sin after he spoke, her face a mixture of intrigue and happiness. Having a dangerous man hovering inches from you may have been scary for some, however, Liv kept completely calm. It seemed her experience had subtly helped her.

Before reaching out to make contact with the man, Livi looked around. Seeing that Kimberly had placed herself closer to her, Liv shot her a smile which was filled with reassurance and pride.
Looking again for a few moments as to see where Jacob had taken herself to, she sighed. Olivia would have to remind her of this incident later, as it may benefit her in some way.

A smile once again wiped across her face, Olivia turned herself back towards Sin.
“What’s that, sweetheart?” Liv spoke in an extremely sweet voice to the man. “Y’ want more?”

Crouching down once again, Livi took another handful of fragments of rubble from the ground and after briefly charging them she unleashed them along the ground to the side of her.
“Look, look.” Lightly touching Sin’s arm the girl turned him towards the explosions which were now well underway. The charge time was slightly smaller so less explosions were unleashed on the ground but they were still captivating.
Trying to be cool

ghost_wolf_

Brutal 48

Post by ghost_wolf_ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Jacob approached the roof door but the moment she placed her hand on the door, she drew it back quickly. The door was freezing cold. Jacob took a couple steps back down the stairs, staring at the door in disbelief. Why was it cold?
Jacob could feel that something was wrong, but her own stubbornness really wanted to get on this roof.
Jacob thought back to the fire escape and went back down the stairs. She walked along the top floor, trying each door to see if at least one was unlocked.

The third door she tried swung open quickly and noisily. If someone was here, they could definetly hear her. She entered the apartment and shut the door behind her. Her eyes scanned the apartment for some sort of weapon, just in case. Her main goal was to get to the roof, but if someone was up there she needed to be prepared for anything. Jacob didn't want to hurt anyone, but in order to survive she needed to do what she had to do.
Last edited by ghost_wolf_ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Generic
Bronze

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Sin had stayed quiet while Livi talked to him, watching with wide eyes and occasionally tilting his head from side to side. When she touched his arm he seemed to freeze and stop twitching. When she let the explosives go he chuckled loudly. “Pop, pop, pop! And then they all drop, drop, drop!” He said with a cheerful yet sinister tone. Then once the spectacle was over and done with he turned back to Livi and moved even closer to her, so close they were touching. He looked like he was about to kill her, and then his arms moved quickly downwards towards her.

His arms wrapped a bit roughly around her waste and he lifted her up off the ground. Pulling her into a very firm, yet not painful, bear hug. It seemed that something, Or someone, was keeping Sin back from accidentally killing the girl. “I love you! Your Sin’s new best friend! We will make them bleed together! And Sin will keep your delicious blood from being spilled all over the ground. Your blood is now Sin’s blood! I love you, now and forever!” He said with a hysterical tone, seemingly overly excited. While he said and did all this he buried his face into her stomach, rubbing it gently against her. This may have been awkward to anyone else, but Sin didn’t really know what boundaries and personal space and common decency was.
“Oh death, you have chosen your hand. Now who will deal and who will die?”-Sin

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:16 am

"I'm back, Cam!" Edith said cheerfully, slamming open the door to the studio and almost spilling the coffee as she walked towards her chair "One espresso, made to order... and some tea for myself.".

She lowered herself into the chair with a bit more caution than usual, Cam noticed, which was odd considering the energetic way she had entered the room. The chair creaked slightly under her weight, the cushion sinking down a bit further than it had usually. Perhaps Cam just hadn't noticed it before, but Edith seemed somewhat... heavy. Maybe she was carrying something in her pockets...

"Thanks, Edith." She smiled, taking the coffee "You're back just in time, the break's gonna be over in a few seconds.".

"That was intentional, my dear." Edith smirked, gently nudging Cam with her elbow "Unlike you English folk, I like to be on time.".

Cam laughed, sipping her coffee as they both began to set up for the next section of the show. Edith seemed to be alright, at least. She seemed happy. This was no time to ask about her weight; that would be incredibly polite. She might ask when they had finished filming for the day.

--

The screens in the city flickered back to life, displaying the two hosts once again. The cheesy theme music played from the speakers, and the hosts began to speak.

"Hello, and welcome back to Brutal 48. Now, before the break we discovered all sorts of interesting things, such as the fact that Cam still listens to century-old music, and that our new merchandise is now on sale. Oh, and I suppose we also found out about the Actors as well."

"That's right, and we've also set them their very first challenge."

"Not much of a challenge though, is it? Hang around a city surrounded by dangerous criminals without dying? I've done that on my way to work. It's called commuting."

"Yes, well let's see how they got on, shall we?".

A table was displayed on the screens, with the Actors' name, alias, number, and suspiciously clean mugshot placed in numerical order. Three of the Actors were greyed out: 6, 29, and 47. There was a slight abnormality in the table as well, with Actor 27's name, alias, and mugshot completely missing.

"Weeellll, not counting acid arm 6, we already have two casualties so far! Actors 29 and 47 have been killed by you monsters! Don't any of you know how to play nice?"

"I don't think they do, Edith. Maybe we need to teach them something?"

"Oh, yes, absolutely. I know, let's teach these fine young criminals a lesson about sharing! It's time for the first weapons drop of the season"

"Alright! Alright, Actors: from when we say the word, 10 weapons will be dropped at random points in the city for you to go and collect. Some will be hidden, and some won't be."

"Hopefully you won't get toooo violent over these: if we get more than 3 casualties in the next half hour, all of you are going to be punished for it! So play nice, now!"

"Indeed. Weapons will appear in 10 seconds time..."

"Oh, and puppy boy? Cerberus?" The camera zoomed in on Richard as Edith spoke "I see ya up there, checkin' out all the other contestants. That's our job!"

"Weapons deployed."

--

Now, scattered around the city in places of varying secrecy, were the following weapons: 2 knives, 2 longswords, 2 katanas, an axe, a (large) hammer, a length of barbed wire, and a crowbar.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Olivia had to admit, she had the sneaking suspicion that Sim was going to murder her then and there after the explosions were done. Instead, he picked her up and left her legs swinging aimlessly above the ground. Liv gave herself the right to be cautious, usually a raging hulk of a man lifting you off the ground in a murder area was a bad sign.

Despite not being too fond or used to the feeling of being picked up and handled like a doll, it seemed that Sin’s intentions weren’t malicious in the slightest. In fact, Olivia was brought to a smile by the man’s statements of love and his affectionate attitude.
“Ditto. Love you too, cutie.” Liv chuckled, placing her hands on Sins head as a mediocre attempt to prevent him from nuzzling her stomach further.

Peering over at the screens as the hosts came back onto them, Olivia only half listened to their humour. What really caught her attention was the mention of the first weapon drop of the season. The weapons were certainly going to be desired by the other contestants, she suspected that fights would definitely be caused by their appearance. It was lucky she had Sins promise of protection and (hopefully) Kimberly’s truce.

Deciding that the risk was worth it for the weapons, Olivia turned back towards Sin.
“Ey sunshine! We should go find those weapons!” Liv chirped down at him, still being held in the air.
Trying to be cool

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:51 am

Tor began to wander off on his own, seeing as everyone was too occupied with their own business. Explosion girl was hanging around Sin... which only scared him in complete honesty. He didn't want to die; in fact, he was the exact opposite of the violent type. Casually walking away, he saw the screens flicker to life and heard the tacky theme music of the show play. The screen then displayed the two hosts, both having come off their coffee break.

The first thing they addressed was that two more of the contestants had been killed by some of the other captives. Numbers 29 and 47. He never knew them, or know if they were actually nice people. Chances were that since they had all committed crimes in the past... perhaps not. It was kind of obvious Tor viewed himself higher than the others when it came to moral justification, but even so... he had to admit he wasn't 100% innocent.

Then the second bit of news chimed forward; they were gonna get WEAPONS?!?
"This can only end well..." Tor thought aloud before he looked at the people around him. 10 weapons were going to be deployed, and if he wanted to survive, he NEEDED one for self defense reasons. "Perhaps this is the best way of surviving this death trap of a show..." he thought as he began to slowly creep away from the group before making his way into one of the city's side allies. He reckoned everyone would stay on the main roads solely because they'd look more badass.