(FeatherBlood) The Crimson Sellsword

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

(FeatherBlood) The Crimson Sellsword

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am

Despite the 648 years at war, the conflict between the Cactonian and Karmonian kingdoms were fairly closed. Neither race wanted to start an all-out war with one another, as it could bring ruin to either country. Yet they still had no way to settle their differences. Thus, the two kingdoms were locked in stalemate, always waiting for one to move over the other.
As of such, the only thing that seemed to develop between the two kingdoms was a hatred for one another, with racism being common place between the two species.
In fact, thinking about it, it was odd why many people still decided to stay in the shady district of Cactonia. The Yondiir had no ability of funding it, as the aggressiveness of the community made it impossible to safely work in the area's infrastructure. Yet, still, many people venture there as a last place to get work.
The only place left open in the area is a small tavern known as The Darling Jewel. Ironic to the name, the people there weren't darlings at all. Yes, some of them were attractive physically, but looking past the wanton and the handsomeness revealed rottenness to the core.
A perfect place to stay.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Re: (FeatherBlood) The Crimson Sellsword

Post by FeatherBlood » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:04 pm

Standing outside of this dainty little bar filled with despicable beings and rotten core stood two figures, looking up at the rickety sign with the flimsy writing 'The Darling Jewel'. The appearance of the two figures where not visible due to the full body cloaks they wore with the hoods over their faces, however their shape and height indicated they were either female or a small male. One of the figures, the slightly shorter one turned to their partner, the mouth which was visible from the hood showed an annoyed expression. "Are you kidding me Sis? Are we really going to stay here of all places?" The other figure, clearly the sister to the first merely shrugged. "Yeah... No other places are open so... This is the only one." The other sister gave an annoyed sigh. "Fine. But if people start being creepy towards me I'm blaming you." She began walking towards the door while her sister paused for a second. "... Fine..." She followed in after.

The door to The Darling Jewel swung opened as the two cloak girls walked in, making their way to the counter where the barkeeper would be located. The first one slowed a little as she looked about, noting the people and interior of the building while her sister kept her speed and walked passed. "This place looks like a disgusting mess and so do the people." The girl's sister had already reached the counter as she caught up. "So um... Do you like, have any rooms available? If you have two free that is good, if you only have one free that is fine enough too."
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:10 am

The bartender looked over the two girls and smiled. She was quite plump and not the most attractive person - a Mandrake like the two women with a few scars - yet she seemed whimsical and full of piss and vinegar. "Of course, you two. Enjoy your stay here. In fact; the two rooms you're buying are the last two rooms we have available. One night? That would be 25 Khazo." She rushed out without giving any of the girls time to respond.
A (clearly drunk) patron looked over at the two girls and approached them. "Why hello there, you two. Aren't you pretty..."
"Hey! Knock it off, Cyro." a Myth Elemental shouted back. It was clear by his attire that he was an aristocrat; which only made him seem more suspicious that he was even there.
"C'mon, ya ponce. These two beautiful ladies were just about to tell me where they came from." Cyro drunkenly blurted out, sitting next to the two women. Despite being incredibly intoxicated, he was incredibly strong and muscular, obviously able to knock someone unconscious with a single swing.
Nobody else seemed to care about the situation that was unfolding. Perhaps there was one other person; a Serpentine figure that seemed like he was trying his hardest to avoid stepping in the fray.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:25 pm

A small smile was visible from behind the hood of the first cloaked girl who had done the speaking, nodding to the bartender as she reached into something on her waist from underneath her cloak, presumably getting money from a pouch. "Very well. Also... How much for food and uh... What do you have? We haven't eaten in a while..." It was at this point the drunken patron staggered up to the two girls and addressed them. He was cut off by a man, his appearance and attire showed he was an Elemental aristocrat of sorts, but he was quickly shushed by the drunken man who took a seat next to the girls. The smaller girl leaned backwards and whispered to her sister. "Let me deal with this drunken pig, you deal with the strange bartender." She then turned back to the drunken man while her sister finally fished out the money required and placed them on the counter. "No trouble sis." She was ignored as the first girl lent forward to address the man. "And what makes you think we'd so willingly reveal our secret of where we have travelled from? Secrets aren't the first thing to be revealed when you first meet a woman, but I will let you try again." Her voice held a slightly seductive, teasing tone as she addressed the man, her eyes barely visible behind the shadow of her hood, however it was clear they were staring right at the man.
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:52 pm

“Well what DOES a woman reveal then? Tell me where otherwise I’d-“
”You’ve had way too much to drink, sir. I suggest you head off to your room.” The Serpentine told the patron, shaking his snake-like head. It was clear that he was disgusted by the man’s actions and wanted just ONE day with peace and quiet.
”If you prove to be a nuisance, I will have to deal with you myself.”
“Or what? You’re gonna kill me?” Cyro laughed before grabbing the Mandrake girl that flirted with him. “One move and the missy gets it.”
Pausing for a while, the Serpentine’s mouth curled into a smile. ”As an aristocrat, my Elemental friend, you might want to tell me what you know about this place.”
”It’s nothing special. The district was founded on Shariykkyd; a weird layer of rock that layed underneath the rest of the transverse dunes of the kingdom. Incredibly hard and brittle.”
”Is that so?” The Serpentine chuckled and he stomped his foot. A large shard of the rock shot out, dislodging the boards and skewering Cyro’s foot. Letting out a large shrill, the drunk let go of the woman and walked outside to the medical area.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:27 pm

The girl smiled as the man asked about what she would reveal, and for a second there it seemed he was about to get aggressive against her, which was expected. However a sudden voice stopped the name and attracted both girls gaze as a Serpentine in red armour walked up to the man and instantly halted his advance. The girl who he was flirting with just rolled her eyes and turned back to her sister, only to find herself being pulled out her chair as the man grabbed her arm and used her as a hostage. "What the!? Why you! She gritted her teeth in anger as man threatened her. This bastard! As the Serpentine and drunk man spoke, the cloak of the hostaged girl suddenly began to shiver and rise, moving and twisting slightly. Something was moving underneath it, twisting and coiling almost like a snake. "Oh dear sis." The one who was paying the bartender just noticed the incident involving her sister and rose from her chair, ready to jump in.

However what came next neither girls expected. The Serpentine man and the drunk man were talking about the layer of rocks the city was built on. Suddenly the man in red armour stomped on the ground, causing a shard of rock to burst out of the ground, skewering the drunk's foot leading him to drop the cloaked girl who staggered back before regaining balance next to her sister, the snake thing under her cloak dropping back down. "W-What? Earth magic?" Her sister nodded as the drunk man limped off to escape the place and fix his foot. Seems like it. You should be thankful." Her sister folded her arms in annoyance. "I could've handled myself just fine!"

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:42 pm

”No you wouldn’t have.” The Elemental replied, shaking his head. ”Cyro is an incredibly powerful fire Mage that murdered people that he didn’t like. As for you...” he turned to the Serpentine man, ”You’re Aegis Westorn, aren’t you? The Crimson Sellsword?”
”Indeed I am.” he bowed lightly before looking at one of his wanted posters. ”Now if you all excuse me, I have a mission in the morning. If you want to join, then I’ll be waiting here. We leave just after sunrise.”
He walked away into one of the few rooms that the tavern had. Like all rooms, it was somewhat decent quality. The mattresses were comfortable, but the pillowcases were stuffed with straw and the entire room stunk of dung. The aristocrat looked over at the two women and signalled goodbye. ”Call me Reizo.” he announced as he walked away. It was obvious he was staying somewhere of somewhat decent quality.
The waitress came back with two large plates, piled with grains, root vegetables and smallribs. It was topped with a yellowish-white condiment that was flavoured with unique spices native to the region. “Dig in, girls.” She hollered with a cheer before looking over at them. “I’m Esmeralda Gatliet. Surname changed after marrying my sweetheart. What about you two?”

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:14 pm

As the Elemental claimed they wouldn't have been able to handle the drunk man, named Cyro, the first girl grabbed her hood and pulled it down, finally revealing her face which purely showed anger and annoyance as the two started talking to each other instead. As it was revealed that the Serpentine was apparently the Crimson Sellsword, the one on the wanted poster the other girl lowered her hood as well, brushing some of her overly long hair out of her face as it vanished down the back of her cloak. If no one knew before, they would know now that the two girls were Mandrakes as one had roses that looked like hair clips in her hair and the other literally had a plant or two growing from her hair. "You dare call me weak? How dare you! You have no idea!" She would've stormed forward and get right up in the guys faces hadn't her sister stopped her. "Leafa, sister please stop..." Leafa spin round to face her sister. "Lyris I will not let these guys walk over me like I'm nothing!" However by the time they had finished speaking the Serpentine, Aegis his name was, had announced his mission and that those could help before he walked to his room. The other man, Reizo called farewell before walking off leaving the sisters together alone.

Leafa stormed off back to her seat when the bartender called to them for food while her sister lazily walked back and sat down. Leafa just grabbed her fork and began chewing on her food aggressively while resting an elbow on the counter, staring off into space. Lyris began eating her own food, ignoring her sister's anger as she joined conversation with the bartender, Esmeralda she was called. "Thank you for the food Esmeralda... Sorry for my sister's mood, she is always like this." Leafa merely gave an annoyed grunt in response. "My name is Lyris, and this here is my sister-." "Leafa." Leafa interrupted Lyris and finished her sentence without looking at the two. "... Exactly. As you can already tell... We are Mandrakes... Simple travellers.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Esmeralda gave the two a room key each before scruffing their moss-like hair. Most mandrakes had leafy or even flowery hair, but due to the sister’s clan, their hair was similar to liverworts. “The two of you should get some rest for the big morning. Heard the two of you are going on an adventure. Sounds like fun.” She jovially smiles as she gave them a free drink on the side.
As the two made it into their rooms and drifted off to sleep, they woke up in an aromatic haze. The ground around them was a bright pink, full of light and warmth, whilst the open air was a chilling green. A single figure stood among them: a Cactonian adult (although his youthful appearance could fool anyone to think he was just a teen). In addition, it seemed like Aegis and Raizo were experiencing the exact same dream, as they were with the sisters as well.
”Oh... hey there.” he announced, looking sheepishly over the group. He was attractive to the eye, albeit in a more “cutesy” sense. ”I-I’m Dreemz. I’m a soldier in the army. W-well that’s what my dad wants me to be.” looking closer at his body there seemed to be the start of a scar at his collarbone. Taking his shirt off it revealed long gashes on his side, back and chest.
”I-I want to accompany you all on your quest. It sounds like fun.” he smiled weakly.

FeatherBlood
Member+

Post by FeatherBlood » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 am

The two sisters had just about finished their meals when Esmeralda gave them their room keys and petted their heads, recovering a grumble from one and a small smile from the other as both took their keys. The girls accepted the free drink as the bartender spoke, both simultaneously taking a drink. “Wait a minute... What do you mean adventure!? Sudden realisation hit Leafa as she slammed her drink down and looked to the bartender. “Oh yeah, those guys said we could join... Huh. Lyris pondered it for a moment as Leafa just look surprised. ”But I never signed up for any adventure! Screw those guys!” As Leafa ranged on about her annoyance, Lyris just stood up and half pushed, half guided her sister to her room.

The sisters had retired for the night, expecting to wake up in the same musty room they had started in. What they weren’t expecting was to wake up in a type of haze, standing on a pink ground with chilling green air. “Wait what the hell!? Where are we!?” Unsurpringly Leafa was the first to react, confused. Lyris just looked about in a tired state. ”Is this... A dream...? Feels like it yet... Doesn’t.” “Who cares if his is a dream or not! I want to know where we are and why!” It was then Lyris noticed Aegis and Raizo, the two guys from before. ”Oh hey, it’s those guys from before.

A figure stood among the group before any reply or comment could be made, startling one sister while making the other sister just mildly curious. The man was a young looking Cactonian who spoke meekly and had an attractive look to him. He claimed his name was Dreemz and that his father wanted him to be a solider, as well as his request to join the quest. ”Hold on a minute, are you the cause of us being here? Screw the quest what the hell are you doing sending us here for a reason like that!?” Leafe was clearly not happy about the situation, however a slight grip on her shoulder from her sister quietened her a bit. Lyris stepper forward and took over for her sister. ”You brought us here, just for that? How’s you do all this? Also for the adventure... Talk to him” She pointed to Aegis. “He is the one running he quest. Anyway... How do we get out of here?