Daelius, The Flock's Herald

Submit your characters here for moderator approval.
Ethonious

Daelius, The Flock's Herald

Post by Ethonious » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 am

necromancer_by_reza_afshar_art-d9jfs1e.jpg (323.37 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Name: Daelius Sigmon Soreli

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Height: 5 feet, 7 inches

Weight: 146 lbs (186 lbs with the armor on)

Appearance: Daelius under his mask, was fair in appearance, his head was sharp, although his cheekbones were not noticable in a neutral expression. He sports a dark brown hair, of medium to short length, combed to the right, keeping himself well groomed. His face matched his tidy appearance, not a stub of hair would be found around his chin or mouth on most days. His irises were of light Hazel, shining in the light, and glowing in the dark. While not muscular, he had a fair build, of one that was expected of a soldier, fit in appearance and in performance.

Personality: Scarred from the horrors of war, Daelius had developed changed personalities from his former self. Once a man of patriotic belief and shining pride, all of such good traits diluted, now a quiet, and weary individual. Always quiet and polite, Daelius defies the stereotype of necromancers; ever so gentle with care, one could mistake him for a pacifist. Daelius prefers to keep peace, by whatever means necessary, even if he himself must be taken out of the equation. Years had past since his traumatic experience, the cruel treatment of settlers who had caught wind of him had forged him to be weary of his surroundings when in a situation in which he does not feel safe.

Powers: Daelius is a prodigy in the arts Necromancy, developing and mastering his own developed spells that provide buffs to his summoned familiars. Daelius can hold his own, proficient in other elemental spells as it was a necessary tool when he was but a soldier in the Tolesan Army. Daelius has been further developing other branches of Chaos arts, beginning to learn the basics of Void summoning in hopes to combine his own Necromancy to further improve his knowledge on the current state of magic

While totally optional, Daelius had also chose to learn the art of swordsmanship, equating to that of a skilled warrior.

Skills:

Flock of Daelius - Daelius summons an enormous murder of Hollowed crows, serving as his defense, resource, and the majority of his offensive capability. The crows are immune to status Ailments aside from Holy magic or Ethereal imbbued weaponry.

Fields of the dead - Daelius curses the ground below him in a large radius, the floor eminating a siphoning energy that draws magical power from non-asigned targets gradually. The cursed ground additionally boosts Daelius' other spells as long as it is active

Frenzy Pursuit - Daelius empowers his Hollowed crow's beaks, allowing Necroa infections to inflict Ethereal and biological material. Crows have tendecies to burst into flame if made in contact with Ethereal material or holy magic. Additionally, damage done by either the Hollowed crows or the Necroa infection slowly siphons life from the aggressor to Daelius.

Equipment:

Lich Koregos' Battle Armor - Gifted to Daelius while a secret apprentice of Lich Koregos. The Armor was enchanted by the lich to provide the wearer with a special Aura known as "Avatar of the greater Lich", providing a boost in power for Necromantic spells. Additionally the wearer is immune to all Status Ailment, and formidably resistant to Ethereal imbued weaponry.

Aria's Blessing - A sword gifted to Daelius by his dear friend Aria. The sword was crafted of Ethereal Imbued Cestel stone, which resonated with a green glow. The sword has an inscription in Kimoan language translated "A light for this dark world, Eston"

Before his graduation in the college of Toleso, Daelius was previously known as Eston, son of a humble alchemist. Eston was adventurous as a young boy, wandering the woods outside the city of Toleso. Every crevice, cavern, abandoned structure, and hidden pathways, in and out the city, the kids knew. As he grew, so did his eager desire to explore beyond his city. Eston's opportunity arrived when the army had collaborated with the College of Toleso to recruit War Mages into it's divisions. The Army would fund the recruit's education while they would provide mandatory service for the Army for a decade. Eston enlisted, and to his delight, was accepted that he was accepted among the crowd.

Eston proved to be a capable individual, commonly referred to as a diamond in the rough. Once he reached the age of 17, Eston defied expectations, surpassing even a number of apprentices with many years dedicated to the study or magic. With only two years of study, many rumors were forged as to how he reached such levels in a short amount of time. When observed closer, nothing seemed out of the unusual; He studied constantly, and practiced every waking moment he had when he was not studying.

He seemed to be a young boy with natural talent.

Eston's secret help was in the form of an ancient Lich of Toleso, known as Overlord Koregos. The two beings had conversed as young as he first was when he first entered the forest. Koregos grew fond of Eston, treating him like a son as he grew. The children in return who did remember him during their childhood remember him as a forest spirit, which they called Kigo.

Eston during his early days of being a recruit would always look to Koregos for guidance and advice. He was careful when he would meet with the Lich, as Koregos had warned him of the dangers of someone discovering his activities. Years of studying in the College and practicing in the forest had molded a young man who was capable of great things. As he graduated by his third year, he had to leave home for his service was in great need.

The first batch of War Mages were split and assigned to four different divisions of the army, 200 persons per division. Eston (now known as Daelius) was unsure of how others would treat him. To his surprise, two soldiers friended him as quick as they met him. Glisto, an Archer, and Aria, a paladin had decided he would be their third piece. As their great defense marched onwards to liberate neighboring cities, Glisto and Aria made sure to help Daelius whenever he struggled or was confused. Together, the three fought back the many Clans that which wanted blood lust. By their hands, Khans were slain, warmongers fell, and rebellions were inspired by the actions of Toleso's hand.

After a two year Campaign, Daelius and his two beloved friends returned, able to enjoy their six months of break before returning back to the front lines.

During these six months, Eston's life would crumble as his secrets would be discovered. His relationship with the Lich had branded him as an enemy of the capital, fearing for what unspoken spells and magic he truly bestowed which has not yet been discovered by the Administrator and elder Mages.

To Survive, Eston took refuge in the forest briefly, to mert one last time with Elder Lich Koregos. He had told Eston he would be wandering towards north, in search of a new place of hiding as they were burning down the forest to rid of such hiding. Eston insited he join him on his travels, but Koregos declined, telling he feels responsible for his life's decay. The Lich left him with his adorned ancient armor before walking away, fading off in the distance.

Daelius was exiled, forced to run from the continent he once lived in, disguising and hiding his face in hopes not to be discovered.

Now fresh to arrive in a new Continent, Daelius follows a path directed by locals,to a Kingdom of Azuria.

Interlude

Chatter filled the tavern, with customers from near and far entering and exiting to continue on their business. Evenings were the worst, and she knew from the pattern, yet somehow this was the worse. Barely even a month of experience under her belt, the Redheaded girl sighed heavily return back to the kitchen, taking a second to examine her fellow waitresses, able to keep a smile and a proper stature for hours on end, day after day. The head owner approached her, petting her gently to grab her attention.

She turned around, meeting eye to eye with Ms. Chivieka, who compared to her, was gargantuan in size. Rumored to be a native Amazonian, she came to the port to pursue her dream to own her very own tavern, employing peddlers and beggars to give them a second chance. She smiled brightly at the fragile and petite girl below her.
"Feeling tired, Sena?" She asked. Sena gave a small and nervous smile back, nodding her head hesitantly. Ms. Chivieka also examined the crowd, glad to see such a lively place, full of what she had dreamt of.
"Take a good thirty minute break dear! You haven't built the stamina and practice like your sisters yet! I've already told Big sister Kirya to cater for you on your break, so sit anywhere!"

Sena's face light up with a genuine smile, untying the string behind her to release her apron, hanging it on the nail on the wall. She joined the Owner's side, who had an adamant stare at a rather supicious yet somewhat normal looking adventurer.
"That man seems lonely." Ms. Chivieka commented, watching as he interacted with one of the waitresses. He had a soft smile, and a very calm atmosphere around him.
"Go sit with him Sena, seems like your type, eh?" She teased at her employee, who was shocked, flustered at the statement made. Ms. Chivieka chuckled, her massive hand pushing her gently. Sena would rather sit elsewhere, but she also felt obligated to follow her orders.

Sena nervously approached the man's table, sitting across from him. He was staring out the window, resting his his right cheek on his fist. She could already tell he had a story behind those eyes, the way they sulked so naturally as if they were tired. His lack of awareness as he stared gave away that he was bothered, that he was tired.
He woke from his dream, aware that someone across had taken their seat. His eyes met with hers, now both aware each other's attention were drawn. She broke eye contact, clenching her fist to keep the peace red from showing on her cheeks. The man gave a subtle and quick smile.

"On break?" He asked. She nodded in response, occasionally looking towards his direction.
"And you?" Sena asked.
"I'm a Traveler, about to leave the continent." He replied, watching the tavern's activities. Sena's interest were raised; he probably had a few tales from his memories being a traveler.

"What's your story?" He asked, taking a sip from the polished wooden mug. Sena's neutral expression changed to a bitter and saddened smile, the recollection of her past drew negative emotions if only for the briefest moment.
"I was a prostitute in the streets since young. Never knew my mother or father. I was saved by Ms. Chivieka, the owner of the tavern. Now I work here, and I live with big sis Kirya." Sena said, pointing her finger at a taller woman, with long white hair, who was conversing with a group of female hunters.

The man apologized to hear her unfortunate start in life, which made her a little happy hearing it from a stranger, nonetheless him in particular. He ocntinued to say that he was glad she was found by the Owner and the Waitresses, able to give her a new life. Sena smiled softly; the man was surprising to how sincere he was.

"What about you?" Sena asked, her curiosity getting the better of her. The man took a second to respond; she felt a bit embarrassed as she might have crossed the fine line of what she could ask.

"I lived in Toleso. Was a soldier on break. 'Everything was fine' I thought, winds were beautiful, the sun shone brightly, creatures big and small roamed the golden fields." The man paused, twirling his glass of Red Biskovich Wine around the short glass, staring elsewhere with a small smile across his lips. Sena was entranced by such depiction, almost as if she too could remember a moment in time.
"Of course, not everything in one's existence is happy. I know you very much know of that fact" He continued, downing the last of his wine, gentle to place the glass on the wooden table.
"I was exiled from my own home, my own people afraid of me, for I knew magic that was outside what they taught. So I traveled near and far to search of a new home. To this day I live as I walk, with nowhere to dig my roots in land I can call home." The joy in his smile had evaporated; she could already tell. So many men had the look she saw with him back then, a wandering soul.

Silence and the cold enveloped the both of them; she knew saying anything right now would do nothing to help. Their little bubble had been popped, with Sena's supposed big Sister Kirya had approached them with a smile.
"The usual?" she asked, lifting an eyebrow at the nodding and sinking Sena, ashamed of the notorious requests she always makes for the line cooks in the back. The upright waitress let out a soft giggle, facing the stranger who sat across from her to examine who he exactly was.
"I hope our newest employee is of no bother to your evening, sir." She said. The man shook his head, reflecting a friendly smile as they met eyes.
"Company is always welcome. She was of no bother, rest assured." he responded, looking back at Sena.
"I am glad to hear of that. Do you have any more requests for this evening, or would you like to pay now?"
"I will just have a glass of water, please. I hope five gold coins are enough for the drink."

The waitress walked away, leaving the two of them back with no one else to draw their attention.
"If you don't mind me of asking, but what is your name?" He asked, staring yet again directly at her.
"Sena."
"Sena. A name one can remember."
"How so?" she asked.
"For the shadow's light, Sena, the moon, shines brightly when the sun sleeps across the horizon." he replied, smiling at her astonished expression, her cheeks peach red and swept. She was swift to turn her face out the window, embarrassed at his amusement. She was left to her thoughts, she knew he was different from other men she had seen come and go. Gentle to speak, poetic in a sweet way, and he posed no intention to do her of evil.
"How..." her sentence trailed off, covering her mouth; again, she spoke without thinking. His head tilted, resting his cheek on his hand.
"How old are you?" She asked, shutting her eyes tightly; perhaps she had gone too far now. There was a brief moment of silence, each second making her more nervous and ashamed to be so intrusive of his life.
"I am twenty-four years old, my name is Eston." He replied.

Sena opened her eyes, setting aside her flustered expression; perhaps, he too, had the same idea in mind as she had. Sena was ready to commit to talk to him about of more matters, but her big sister Kirya had arrived with a hot plate of Sangheli Premium steak, and to collect the five gold Eston had said he would owe. She set the steaming hot plate in front of Sena, while also accepting the five gold he had placed on her other hand.
"Your ship will be leaving in five minutes sir, you should board before it's too late!" Kirya reported to Eston who smiled and nodded, preparing his belongings before getting up to leave. Eston had passed by the many crowded tables, slipping by customers and employees alike on his way out the door. Sena was left to stare blankly at the steaming plate in front of her, oblivious that her sister had been watching over her for the whole duration she and all the other girls had been watching over her during her conversation.
"Sena." a voice beckoned for her to reach back to her senses, with her big sister Kirya giving her a look of empathy.
"I'll watch over your food, reach for him." Kirya said, Sena quick to climb out of the seat, rushing to the entrance.

Sena rushed through the crowd till she reached the very line between the lights of the tavern and the darkness outside.
"Wait!" She shouted, the shrouded figure in front of her stopping on it's tracks. Eston turned around, surprised to see her chase after him, for what reason, he knows not.
"Give me something to remember."
"Remember..?" Eston asked, confused of her request. Sena pointed to the moon above her, the marble white moon shining it's shimmering white light above them.
"The Moon. You will always know me by the Moon. How do I remember you..?" a shaken voice, filled with worry asked. A shadow from the darkness approached her, causing her to yelp in fear, hiding her face. The creature landed on it's arm, it's claws were sharp, yet it did not pierce her skin. She raised her head, a spectral bird, with a body that was neon blue, it's eyes were of mangenta, with fading lights following it's eyes whenever it moved it's head.

"Take good care of him. He is special, as I have binded his loyalty not to me, but of you." Eston replied, continuing on his way towards the distant pier, leaving Sena with the strange animal that climbed it's way to her shoulder, letting out a soft caw.

Sena had arrived back the tavern, questioned of the animal that was now her companion, which she loved dearly. That night, she had feasted on her food, continuing her work with great enthusiasm. Ms. Chiveika and the other waitresses were astonished how her energy had been bolstered by one interaction with a stranger, that left her with a spectral Crow, which was obedient of her every order.

When all was done, she had departed back to the house with her big sister. Sena stretched, neatly storing her clothes into her drawer, putting on her night gown. She tucked herself comfortably in bed, the Spectral Crow, which she named 'Eston' rested itself right beside the pillow in which her head rested on. She smiled at it, closing it's eyes, with the distant window past the crow had shone it's light.

"Good night, Dear Eston...!" She whispered, going soft kiss on the bird's head before coming her eyes, to rest for the coming day.

The Crow slept, watching over her, as the Moon would watch over him as the shop Departed the pier.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Daelius, The Flock's Herald

Post by Annasiel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:33 am

What are the limitations to his power? How large are the flocks, and how easily does the infection spread?
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:53 am

His initial cast for the Crows is dependent on his current Mana. Depending on how well rested he is along with his energy determines the potency of his abilities and the magnitude. The Murder of Crows is determined by the above mentioned (ranging from a minimum of 20 crows when fatigued to a maximum of 100 crows well rested). Consecutive casts of his crows drains half as much more of his Mana than the previous cast, limiting the amount he can cast per day (A maximum of 5 casts well rested, to a minimum of 2 cast tired, unrested). Exceeding the threshold has critical effects on Daelius' physical body, worst case scenario, he suffers death.

Daelius is limited by the amount of physical damage his crows and he himself recieves. While he and his familiars virtually invulnerable to elemental attacks (With the exception of light spells, holy spells, and Ethereal Imbued weaponry) they suffer the fragility of that of a normal human in armor or of normal crows.

The Necroa infection is strictly an ability that is used for combat, with Dealius able to purge the infection from his command or until 12 hours has passed by. The Necroa only affects a small area of the strike zone, causing pain to biological tissue, while weakening the power of Ethereal material or light Imbued weaponry. The infection does not spread, but can be applied in multiple areas. Dealius is only able to siphoning energy from Biological tissue, Weapons only suffer a decrease in power. Holy spells that purge Necrosis magic are able to purge the spell.

I hope these clear up alot of Dealius' combat capabilities! I don't want to hold him as some sort of tyrant Lich! After all, he is just human.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 am

Accepted!

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Where should I start?

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 pm

I'd suggest starting off at The Dragon's Scale.