Vampires

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Re: Vampires

Post by Shinigami » Thu May 31, 2018 5:52 am

Being too busy for something doesn't make it a phase. It just means that you're too busy and have to put priorities first. Even I have times when I'm too busy for the forum; though I make sure to warn the rest of the staff ahead of the time, or at least explain why I can't do my job. XD

To put it simply, just because you're a grownup doesn't mean you can't have fun. Just balance it and always put the most important things first. 👍
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 am

I have to differing opinion on vampires, depending on which type you mean.

Vampire A: Bram Stoker's Vampire. Well balanced with supreme powers and extreme weakness. They could not enter a home they were not explicitly welcomed into. Could not be seen in mirrors or be out in daylight. They can't sleep anywhere but in the native unholy soil of their homeland and could not cross large bodies of water except by being boxed up into a crate on a ship, packed in a good amount of the previously mentioned dirt. This sort of vampire is raw, primal, evil and in my opinion, really, reall, cool.

Vampire B: Twilight, Vampire Diaries, cartoon/anime, glittery, sparkly, special vampires who are undead, but in a smoking hot sexy kind of way, and they are tragically misunderstood and have like maybe one vulnerability and for some reason they have perfect hair even though they can't see themselves in mirrors and are so freaking special because of reasons and did I mention they were special? I fucking hate these vampires and they should all have their heads cut off, a stake driven through their hearts and set on fire in broad daylight.

Contingency

Post by Contingency » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 pm

I prefer Fantasy Vampires from like Elder Scrolls rather than the mutant/zombie horror versions.

A mostly civilized vampire and with a arsenal of tricks/powers who is classy but can go bestial if not well fed.

*"But it was as pure as a white pearl;I would have never expected to fall for a girl"*

Andromeda Infinity
Meaningless Title

Post by Andromeda Infinity » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

I mean, I liked Underworld's vampires the most.

Maybe the only vampires I like, actually...

Van Hellsing's can be a close second, perhaps.

But I still gotta admit, I've moved past them to different races/settings; they started becoming a cheap get-out-of-jail card with time.
"We're all idiots on the inside." - My dearest"...And from that moment on, I started loving you unconditionally."

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:48 am

I remember some idiot who claimed his vampire lord’s castle had magic cast on it to protect him from all magical forms of attack, so, I used gravity, in the form of dropping a decommisioned USSR satellite on the guy’s castle, no survivors, since even Vampires couldn’t walk off something like that.
The Mods on that forum also agreed with me that nobody can wall away from an attack like that, and since I was the GM, I had every right to kill off a character who was being an utter Munchkin in the RP, he claims to be a a “honorable” vampire, but all he does is talk down on everybody and even tried to kill an allied NPC, who was a child by the way, and when I called him out on it, he just made BS excuses on along the lines of “You wouldn’t understand”, so I had my character, a revolver toting Wizard, challenge him to a duel to knock him down a peg, he cheated by using some unmentioned power of being to multiply himself, and I only won thanks to some clever writing on my part, he sulked and went back to his castle in the honduras, and let me remind you, his character is a Vampire, who lives in Honduras, the tropics, and when I told him I would come for him, he made up some BS about his castle being protected from all forms of magic, so I decided that if magic wouldn’t work, why not something simpler? So I pulled a deactivated Soviet Satellite from orbit and dropped it on his castle, he was deader than dead, and I was rid of him, he whined about how that won’t kill him as it’s not a traditional way to kill a vampire, hut I pointed out NOTHING can survive that.

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:30 am

The traditional way of killing a vampire is stastaking the heart, in addition to cutting off the head.

D R I F T E R

Post by D R I F T E R » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:57 am

AeronGrey wrote:The traditional way of killing a vampire is stastaking the heart, in addition to cutting off the head.
I heard that the sky is blue too
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:14 am

D R I F T E R wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:57 am
AeronGrey wrote:The traditional way of killing a vampire is stastaking the heart, in addition to cutting off the head.
I heard that the sky is blue too
i read that water's a liquid somewhere. crazy how it be like that

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:22 pm

My point being, not everyone knows decapitation is also required. If you just stake a vamp and walk away, they rise again and hunt your ass down.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:00 pm

The stake, technically, can also be used to bind them until it is removed, if I remember correctly. And you can also just up and burn them. Vampires can't survive fire.
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!