[OOC Chat]

Out of Character chatter and the section rules/announcements.
lowlaville

[OOC Chat]

Post by lowlaville » Sun May 27, 2018 9:59 am

I don't know if this is okay or not (so apologies in advance if this is not), but this thread will serve to talk to other members of the community as well as any random thought or confession you have regarding your writing that you want to discuss with other members of the Superhero sandbox community.

Actual Writing Confession: For a while now, I've been having the urge to write just a normal guy with no powers at all, who uses his head to tackle the problems that he faces
Last edited by lowlaville on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: General Writing Confessions

Post by illirica » Sun May 27, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm okay with it as long as it's kept on a narrow topic. Chat about your hero/villain stuff is cool, but if it's just general writing stuff, RPF already has areas established for that and I think we should use them rather than isolate ourselves from the rest of the site. And if this turns into a "kvetch about everything and chat about MMA" thread like the one on CV, I'm locking it.

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Sun May 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Hank Lesnar, though.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun May 27, 2018 2:11 pm

illirica wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 1:17 pm
I'm okay with it as long as it's kept on a narrow topic. Chat about your hero/villain stuff is cool, but if it's just general writing stuff, RPF already has areas established for that and I think we should use them rather than isolate ourselves from the rest of the site. And if this turns into a "kvetch about everything and chat about MMA" thread like the one on CV, I'm locking it.
I'm fine with that.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun May 27, 2018 2:16 pm

lowlaville wrote:
Cool! And good to see you around again.

Honestly, if you want to write a normal guy without powers who just tackles things with his smarts, you can legitimately do that. I kind of did that with Nathan Graie for a while, and over in the Redemption RP I am literally writing an accountant. It can be interesting to try to make things work when you've got so little to work with.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun May 27, 2018 2:22 pm

illirica wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:16 pm

lowlaville wrote:
Cool! And good to see you around again.

Honestly, if you want to write a normal guy without powers who just tackles things with his smarts, you can legitimately do that. I kind of did that with Nathan Graie for a while, and over in the Redemption RP I am literally writing an accountant. It can be interesting to try to make things work when you've got so little to work with.
My main thing, I guess is, that, well, regarding the use of alts. Is it alright to make alts on this site?

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm

lowlaville wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:22 pm
My main thing, I guess is, that, well, regarding the use of alts. Is it alright to make alts on this site?
Yes. Some people are choosing to run alts like on CV, others are using a single umbrella account for all their characters. Since there's no "Bio" functionality or uploaded images like CV has, I'm just using one account for everything. You do what feels right for you.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun May 27, 2018 2:31 pm

illirica wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm
lowlaville wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:22 pm
Yes. Some people are choosing to run alts like on CV, others are using a single umbrella account for all their characters. Since there's no "Bio" functionality or uploaded images like CV has, I'm just using one account for everything. You do what feels right for you.
I'm still on the move though. Gonna be a few more days or a week before I can really sit down and think about writing.

Pyrogram

Post by Pyrogram » Sun May 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Writing confessions is ubiquitous on all these sites.

Magnetar

Post by Magnetar » Sun May 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Pyrogram wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 7:45 pm
Writing confessions is ubiquitous on all these sites.
This thread should be renamed to anything else.