Los Angeles (Location).

Roleplay locations.
Lord of Nothing

Re: Los Angeles (Location).

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 am

He looked at the boy, seeing nothing in the realm of pain within him.

A shame really. Pain is such a good teacher. But, I've never had an opportunity such as this before.

The two prattled on in the midst of a battle in taunting him, and his face turned more curious. Like some kid who just a mysterious new insect to probe. The thing didn't feel pain, but this wasn't alarming in the fact that he still had muscled that pulled on tendons and bones on the inside for the framework. But his flesh was dead. Just as the myths say, he is resistant to conventional forms of damage.

They're still talking.
Maxx wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:51 am
"You are-"
A whir of movement from man and he'd pick the boy up by knife he allow to be stabbed into him, seeking to carry him off and slam through a wall with him.

Let's see how much ya learned in this long, long life of yours, fanger.
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond

Sudden Death, Malcom the Merciful

Belle, Delighted Fledgling of the Damned

Auspex, Your Friendly Neighborhood Domestic Terrorist

Mera The Merciless, A Once God of War

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 am

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:26 am
He looked at the boy, seeing nothing in the realm of pain within him.
Jax was actually in pain. In fact, it hurt like hell. Jax had just become very good at hiding it, most vampires he knew were. That was why people thought vampires didn't feel pain; because vampires made it seem that way. This meant that humans were a lot less likely to attempt to hurt a vampire. More often than not, a human would go for the kill shot straight away, which the vampire could usually easily dodge.
Jax didn't notice the man moving. He was distracted - by the storm outside, by April, by the pain - so wasn't paying the man as much attention as he should have. Mainly, he was distracted by the fact he could feel the wound starting to heal itself, with the knife still in. The new skin would stick itself to the blade. This had happened the Jax a bunch of times before, so he knew how much it would hurt when the knife got pulled out. Usually, such a thing ripped the skin off, and that was one thing Jax couldn't hide the pain of.
April didn't notice the man moving either, so couldn't shout a warning to Jax to move. She was distracted by things as well. Still scratching at her own wrist - to be honest to a point it would break the skin if she kept doing it - Storm was trying to not go into a panic attack.
Neither of them noticed the man moving, meaning the man was able to pick Jax up using the knife and basically do whatever.
Sure, the patient may have bled a little, sweated a little, cried a little; but Doctor Thorne did always say he put blood, sweat and tears into getting these patients better. He just never said whose blood, sweat, and tears.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Maxx wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:11 am
The pair became a blur together as Malcom carried the kid off a dizzying speeds, the blur only ending and he slammed Jaxx into an opposing wall of the store. The blade of the knife sinks into the wood and the boy is all but nailed to the wall by the knife. He holds the gripe and arms length, with the kid's handing from knife a few feet off the ground. Held up to eye level with the man who'd come to be coined as Sudden Death. Finally he spoke with an all too familiar voice, that harbored a tinge of southern drawl.

"Ya know I wonder if you can afford to be makin' those types of promises."

His other knife flipped in his hand, alerting from a conventional to a reverse gripe.Thing about flesh, particularly his flesh, is that it would be durable. Especially at certain bony plates. This might be hard on his blades, but depending on how it goes, it might be worth a night's worth of knife sharpening to do it.

Let's see what happens.

He started doing what he called "playing his favorite song." The SwooshSwooshSwooshSwooshSwooshSwoosh sound a knife makes when he swings it somewhere within the realm of 15 times a second to try to cut the kid's leg off through in relentless series of swipes to the knee.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:10 am

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:34 pm
Storm watched in horror as the man pinned Jax to the wall using the knife. Outside, there was a loud rumble of thunder, and a flash of lightening. Storm stayed where she was, frozen by a mix of fear and anger. Even after the man spoke - Storm recognized his voice as belonging to the man she called a weirdo earlier - and started to try to cut off Jax's leg, she still couldn't move. The only movement she made was the motion of scratching her wrist, which had by now started to bleed.
Jax noticed the wrist scratching and the bleeding. "April, stop that," he said through teeth clenched in pain, always more worried about her than himself.
Storm stopped scratching and looked at the vampire, hearing the pain in his voice. She wished she had thought to bring her knives with her, because then she'd actually be able to do something. She would have looked around for something to use as a weapon, but knew there was nothing she could possibly use. All she could do was stand there and watch, feeling completely powerless. A large gust of wind rattled the door in its frame.
Jax wasn't feeling much better. Never in his extremely long life had he been in this situation. His knives were in his pocket, but on the same side he was stuck to the wall with, meaning he couldn't get to them. He could have attempted to get free of the knife, or at least the wall, but knew that would end up hurting a lot more than the pain of his leg being cut off, and the man could just bring up the knife in his hand to get Jax through the heart. Jax tried kicking at the hand holding the knife being used to cut his leg off, knowing it most likely wouldn't do much. After all, there wasn't exactly much room, but he put as much speed and strength behind it as possible, knowing he could break the mans wrist if he used enough force.
Sure, the patient may have bled a little, sweated a little, cried a little; but Doctor Thorne did always say he put blood, sweat and tears into getting these patients better. He just never said whose blood, sweat, and tears.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Maxx wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:13 am
A dull thump echoes about the room. The sound of his fist hitting the bottom of the kids boot as he lashed out. Striking at super lent to making the impact of his strikes greater upon himself and upon his target. His wrist twitches, contorted in an utterly anatomically incorrect angle. And his bowie knife flying out his hand and sliding along the floor, landing near the girl.

11 inches long. Quarter of a single inch inch thick. Broad, the blade was almost like a sword and it was perfectly at home smashing skulls or skinning carcasses with the weight behind it. The blade's edge was very literally, Razor sharp. It could hair both vertically and horizontally in two. It was custom with engravings on it. Made and designed it himself.

“Quite the weather we're having tonight, wouldn't ya say?”

With his one good hand, he shoves the blade into kid deep enough for the hilt to touch before he lets go. A flicker of movement and another knife appears in his hand. It was made for throwing, but it’d do just fine for what he wanted
“All you kids now-a-days with your healin' factors.” He smiles at seeing the kid's wound had healed around the blade and the knife in his hand starts taking a steady sway. A rhythm. As if he was as ready to defend as well as attack. While some may have been inclined to look where they wanna, Mr. Richards was more the man for some good ol' fashioned eye contact.

“Makes ya all act tough cause you ain't gotta deal with the consequences of your fuck ups. Makes ya all reckless. Well I say, I don't need none of that shit to do what I do.”

A flicker of movement and the knife sought to find it's way into a right at the side of the waist. That succeeded, he'd rip the blade across the waist and voila. His opponent would find themselves simply disemboweled in two beats of a blade. His intestines….quite literally hanging from his body. The objective all in that such a wound would be difficult to heal from.

Regardless of what his effort yielded, he asked the question none the less.

“You still back there, April?” Says the seasoned serial killer.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:04 pm
Jax didn't make any noise when the man pushed the blade further into his shoulder, but it was obvious by looking at his face how much it hurt. After all, as well as the obvious pain, there was the pain as the fresh skin that had healed over the blade was ripped.
Storm saw the pain in Jax's face, looking even worse due to another flash of lightening. She looked at the knife that had landed near her. She was use to fighting with blades half the size, but was sure she'd be able to use it. Storm considered whether or not to pick it up.
Jax was determined not to let April work out just how much pain he was in. So, despite the effort it took due to the pain, he spoke to the man. In response to the comment about healing factors, he said, "Nowadays? I've been healing myself and others since before the 12th century."
Whilst Jax was speaking, Storm made up her mind and picked up the bowie knife. She looked at the man. "Only Jax gets to call me April. And most of the time not even he gets away with it, or I'll hit him, or call him by his actual name, which he hates. Isn't that right, Sion?"
Jax can't help but laugh slightly at Storm. "Yeah, that's true..."
To be honest, talking was helping Storm not freak out. She examined the knife she had picked up. "Even though I fucking hate you for what you're doing," April said to the man. "I got to admit, this knife is pretty cool..."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 am

Maxx wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Is your boast supposed to intimidate me?

He grinned upon the boy admitting himself to be some 900 years old. Every little thing he told him and demonstrated contributing to the piece od the puzzle that was him. Vampires tended to have varying powers but a distinct set of weaknesses to exploit. Namely, fire and the sun. As well as an allusion to the kid's capabilities. However, he was wrong about one thing, and that made him curious. A pleasant surprise.
He let go of the knife, leaving the kid to “Hangout” right there as he slowly turns around, his black n' blood red eyes sharply locking onto storm with a that same shit eating grin he'd taught her to hate..

“Aw. Ya'll two are just precious.”

Crack. The sound of his dislocated wrist being snapped back into place. It was accompanied by a grunt and deep, gratifying exhale.

“Thank ya kindly. Almost makes me regret what I’m bouta do.”

Ten throwing knives appear in his hand from god knows where, each handle wedged in between his fingers as he began to wind up with his hands crossed beneath his near completely bandaged visage. And then in one beat,he unleashed each and every knife un his hand with bullet like speed and shotgun like spread, each and every projectile flying randomly into objects in front of him and tearing through all in their path.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 am

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 am
A small noise of pain escaped Storm, a noise somewhere between a whimper and a yelp. One knife had sliced across her right cheek; another had left a deep cut on her left upper arm; and a third had torn through the side fabric of her dress. She was holding the knife she picked up in her left hand - due to her being left handed - and nearly dropped it. Storm tightened her grip on the knife and put her right hand over the cut on her arm to try and stem the flow of blood. "You. Fucking. Bastard." There was a loud boom of thunder and the rain outside turned to hail.
Jax watched in anger, unable to do anything. "Why the fuck would you go after her? She's a fifteen year old girl, for fuck sake!" The shop was now filled with the overwhelming - to him at least - smell of blood, and Jax tried to ignore it.
Storm closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again. Closing her eyes was probably a stupid thing to do, she knew that, especially considering the speed the man had already shown. But the usage of her powers - even when it's something she can't control - nearly always made her tired. Looking the man right in the eye, she asked, "So is there any particular reason you're doing this? Or are you just doing it for the fun of it?"

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Maxx wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 am
The darkness swallowed him as thunder roared all about the city'a wall. The dark, nearly pitch black room is flooded with light. It was in this flash that Malcom the Manslaywr disappeared for a moment.

She closed her eyes, tired, wounded wet and understandably weak. And as she opened them, there he was, more throwing knives in hand, ready to find home in between the sinew which holds together her sweet flesh. And yet, they did not leave from his side.

The uncontainable glee written all over his face. He felt like some starved animal as he feasted his eyes on the sight of her suffering, that whole situation bringing about an all too rare feeling of satisfaction. And yet, there was a hint of admiration in her eyes. After all that, she still managed to tell him offf despite the threat he posed.
“I can see why you'd think that. All these killers in the world not unlike myself who just wanna see the world burn…”

His smile dims, as if some solemn emotion within him dampened his muse just a little and made the giant curl in his face a lil' smaller.

“But, I like to think I ain't like that. Maybe I am. Maybe I ain't. That's the point. There is a lesson in all this.”
He leans down towards her level, still a good three feet away and with throwing knives behind his back.”Letcha learn while your young. And for him too. What am I tryin' to show ya? Well. That's for you to think up. It I told you I don't really think so.” He shrugs.

One hand is revealed, an empty one. “Tell ya what. Gimme my knife back and I'll letcha off. Along with your fanger-friendo and the nice lady in the back. I won't look to bother you none. Though can"t guarentee our pathes won't cross again. Maybe it'll be under friendlier circumnstances. Or maybe I'll kill ya. Who knows?”

Hus hand remains out, and his eyes remain fixates upon the young one and away from the vampire, curious as to what she will do.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Lord of Nothing wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:45 am

Storm did not give up the knife. She definitely did not trust the man would keep to his word. April thought a moment about what the man had said. Because, even after all this, she realised she thought the bastard was kinda cool. Mainly because of his knives.
"Wait a minute, how did you work out Jax is a..." Storm began to ask, looking past the guy at Jax.
Jax, it seemed, had passed out.
"Stupid piece of useless fucking crap piece of shit vampire." Storm finished, not exactly happy at Jax.
Storm considered giving the knife back, now that she could see what a useless piece of crap Jax was at the moment. But the knife was so cool... She didn't move to give the knife back.