Into the mystery Forest

Rules? There are no rules! Join and leave the roleplays in this section whenever you want.
Post Reply
User avatar
ulfur
Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by ulfur » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:30 pm

The keen eyes of the Ilin spot a new human at the bottom of the ridge. The Ilin now stares at its new target but maintains the same momentum while digging its claws into the slope and crushing the undergrowth in its path.

The snake appears from underneath the tall grass next to the wooden structure which, interestingly, turned out to be a cart. The snake's eyes meet the woman's in a look that betrayed no surprise, but perhaps a bit of fatigue. Before another moment goes by, the snake turns to Ji'kashi (expecting to see Ji'kashi around) "I did not see Newic. Did you?". Before the ridge, the group can see a man standing before the charging beast that pursued them. "Newic may still be safe afterall." The snake has another question for Ji'kashi, or rather, for the other woman too, from whom the snake expected some kind of explanation as well "Are these the others... who were to join you in the forest?"

andy
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by andy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi new to this how does it work

Sent from my SM-T560 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.1.

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Create your character; decide how you want to start; and jump in!

Think of it as a method of collaborative storytelling, similar to DnD in a way but without the dice. Just remember to have fun!
<Insert humorous signature here>

User avatar
ulfur
Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by ulfur » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 am

After the commotion, the forest silenced again as if asleep.
The snake surveyed the area. It noticed that the sun had dipped down beneath the tree line as darkness floods its way through the forest. The snake turns around, and then turns around again because it has lost sight of Ji’kashi, Newic, and the two new travelers.
With a flash of its forked tongue, the snake smells the air.

“Musn’t lose them.”

It slowly slithers its way to the blackness beneath the trees.

“I have grown so weak. This may be my very last chance to feast.” The snake senses no trace of people or prey in the surrounding air. “After all, these travelers would be perfect. They don’t expect anything.”

The snake stops beneath a tree and coils itself tightly in indignation.
zmeyur.jpg
zmeyur.jpg (8.61 KiB) Viewed 233 times
“They can’t know. Yet, not even the animals remember that I used to tower above them. Nobody has any concept now of the great serprent that I was. I could have crushed them all at a whim. I was worshipped.”

The snake’s eyes fill with the fire of hope.

“Once they get themselves killed, I may consume them. Once I’ve got them, I will have the strength to find the others who’ve entered the forest, and I will consume them too. I will rise up again and all creatures will bow to me and know that I am Zmeyur, the great serpent.”

User avatar
hotpizza
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Haru's character sheet: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 1&p=238628
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by hotpizza » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:08 pm

If you're curious, click here for Haru's character sheet.

The young lady looked up as the sun begun to set.

"You should've walked faster." a squeaky voice stated. A tiny furball popped out of her black, shoulder-length hair.

"Tachi, please. It's not like I even-"

The sun dipped below the horizon, and darkness took over the surroundings.

"-hold on a bit."

Haru flicks her right wrist, and the calligraphy brush hidden in her long sleeve falls into her right hand.

She dips her brush in an ink pot strapped to her waist, then paints a circle in the air in front of her. The circle of ink suspends in the air for a moment, as Haru herself briefly glows a dim orange.

In a puff of smoke, the circle transforms into a glass orb with flames etched on its surface. The orb glows bright orange, and threows equally bright light all around Haru.

"Much better. And please don't nag me like that. If you know something I don't, please tell me now." Tachi falls silent, and Haru continues her journey, the glowing orb floating slightly ahead of her.

Time passes with nary a word between the two of them.

Tachi scans the surroundings, and spots Zmeyur. Instantly, the hamster retreats into Haru's hair, his little body quivering.

"What wants to eat you this time?" Haru whispers, a tinge of exasperation in her voice. Plenty of canivores see small fluffy rodents as nice msnacks. A plant tried to eat Tachi before.

"Snake. On the ground there," Tachi whispers back, and points at Zmeyur lying at the very edge of the orb's light.

"Ah." As Haru's gaze fell upon the snake, a sense of foreboding washed over her. She stays a distance away from Zmeyur, but keeps an eye on the suspicious serpent.

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:20 pm

{I'm just going to assume that the llin is killed here if that's alright; Sam could probably take it easily so I think it's a sensible assumption to make}

After a few moments of conflict, Sam had finally gotten the killing blow on the llin; a hard light spear through the back followed by the knife into the throat of the beast. He stepped back from the body and cleaned the blood off the knife. "Well, that was fun..." He said to nobody in particular. He turned to where he had sworn he'd seen the others; yet found that there was no-one to be found. He had also realised that it was already basically night time.
"Great..." he grumbled as he pulled a phosolate marker (An object similar to a flare but glows more of an orange and is better as a simple light source than an emergency beacon), set it down and began butchering the llin for both samples and also for some food to cook for the night. the marker would certainly give his position away, and although his guard was still up he knew that there were other travellers in the forest so he wouldn't act with hostility to any contact with others.
<Insert humorous signature here>

User avatar
hotpizza
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Haru's character sheet: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 1&p=238628
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by hotpizza » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:24 am

Haru spots the orange light from the marker, and heads towards it. She appears in Sam's vicinity, still basked in her own orange light from her floating orb.

"Oh, hello!" Haru waves at him, mildly surprised by his sci-fi clothing and gear. She barely knows modern technology, nevermind anything beyond that. Haru herself wears a simple red and white kimono, complete with socks and wooden sandals.

The large dead Ilin caught Haru's eye. "Wow. The forest does have its dangers, huh?" She tends to assume the best of people; she thinks the beast had attacked Sam first, who killed it in self-defence. Might want to keep her thinking that way.

"Don't worry, I'm just a traveller. She extends a hand. "I'm Haru. What's your name, and do you need any help?"


Sam's appearance, by Sans_the_Medic wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:07 am
He wasn't particularly worried about anything that he thought could be in the forest; and simply carried casual clothes, a supply filled backpack, the medical supplies on his leg pouches, a hunting knife, and of course the equipment for extracting and storing samples of all kinds. "well, let's get going then..." he says, striding into the treeline purposefully.

Image
Ignore the big gun, he doesn't have it
(442 KiB)

User avatar
Sans_the_Medic
Member
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 5:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: A comfy pocket dimension
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by Sans_the_Medic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:59 am

Sam paused his task and turned to see the newcomer. He smiled and stood up, cleaning his knife once more before putting it into it's scabbard.
"Sam Shepard" he said, accepting the handshake, "I don't need help with my current activity; however since it's nighttime I would certainly appreciate some help setting up a camp site."
He looked back at the llin, and quickly realised that it was quite obvious that he wasn't only butchering it for food. "Uh, don't mind the state of the beast over here; I enjoy taking samples of things when I go to new places, bit of a hobby I suppose. Never seen this thing before so I decided 'why not take some samples while we're here?'."
<Insert humorous signature here>

User avatar
ulfur
Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by ulfur » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:21 pm

OOC
(I think it develops your character for you to take down the creature. I had just assumed it lost track of us all when our individual escapes through the forest split us up. Since we made it away safely, the creature smelled around for traces of the other members of the group that are still lost. Since you were heading for it because you were unafraid of the challenge. I bet it looked up and then charged at you once it saw you. From there, you were able to evade its attacks and overpower it as you described. With any luck, the forest will contain other powerful creatures.)

(Hotpizza, it is great to have you join us with such a complex character. I was convinced this thread had died, but I think it would be cool that whoever is on can continue the story. Since there's nothing saying otherwise, I think both of you should feel free to continue this however you like. A mysterious forest can create a countless number of plausible surprises.)

Story
The orange glow moved onward, and with it, the interesting woman also left. The glow caused Zmeyur's eyes to shine from the dark undergrowth. The eyes followed the orange light until it eventually met a different light. Both these lights were now small and dim in the distance."

"Good that this one moved on." Zmeyur thought, "I had better not follow them too closely."

Haru made the snake truthfully concerned. "She saw me." This was not they way in which typical people would observe a common snake. Something told Zmeyur that she felt the snake's presence, not for what it is, but for what Zmeyur was in the past or for Zmeyur's current hunger for power... for Tachi's case, maybe just regular hunger as well.

"It would be wise to eat them last. This traveler must be strong as I sense that those ink wells are not just her hobby. Between those things and all around her I see energy, although I can only see it it faintly. There was a time when my eyes could see exactly what she is."

Zmeyur smells the air again and begins to uncoil and slither away. At night, the mysterious forest was abuzz with life. As the night arose to finish the day's cycle, a changed yet renewed environment means that the forest never sleeps.

User avatar
hotpizza
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:17 am
Location: Haru's character sheet: https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 1&p=238628
Contact:

Re: Into the mystery Forest

Post by hotpizza » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 am

((ulfur: D'aww, thank you! I also like your character and how he interacts with mine. Most of Haru's complexity is in her abilities and backstory, but she's still developing her personality and motivations. Note that part of her backstory is delibrately left out from her profile and kept a mystery, but it does exist.

Sans_the_medic: On hindsight, I should've written that her hand has ink on it. Hope you don't mind.))

=============================

Tachi remembers the time Haru - or rather, Taiyou, since that was her name back then - fought a giant evil serpent multiple times, both of them getting stronger every fight. Not that Haru herself remembers any of them...

"Nice to meet you, Shepard." Sam would find that after the handshake, his hand has a few splotches of ink on it. Just a moment later however, the ink rises off his hand and disappates into the air.

Haru arches an eyebrow, eyes showing confusion as Sam talks about his sampling habit. "What even are samp-"

She's interrupted by the greyish-white hamster popping out of her hair again. "Aww, I wanted to show off my blade skills!"

"Didn't you try to cut a roast pig with a cleaver before? And then when you failed to even lift the knife, complained that gravity is stronger 'down here'?"

"... I could try again?"

"I won't let you hurt yourself."

Haru turns back to Sam. "Oh, er, sorry. This is Tachi, he's my friend." Tachi sticks out his paw and waves at Sam. "Heya!"

"Well, I'll go make a campfire. There's a clearing right over there; it's a good place to gather dry wood and start a fire."

Her floating orb of light moves to follow Haru as she heads to the clearing just a stone's throw away from Sam, and clears away wet leaves to create a bare patch of dirt. She then turns to nearby trees and starts picking up dry leaves, grass, twigs, and branches from the forest floor.

"Tachi, don't leave me, that snake might still be about."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests