Dragon's Rebellion

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Re: Dragon's Rebellion

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 am

As Ophelia left Eve’s tent, Galliad was eating his own breakfast. Again it consisted mainly of meat, which would be abnormal if it wasn’t for the fact he needed a lot of protein if he wanted to stay strong. Adding to the fact that his family had a deficiency of the nutrient, he often tried to find as much of it as possible. As soon as he saw Fifi, he smiled. “You scared me... are you feeling better?” He grinned, turning his head to the meal he had left for her (which had probably gone a tad cold at this point). He then went to fixing up her bed, making sure it was comfortable for her to lie down in. “All I want to do is see you smile. I don’t know why, but seeing my friend so sad.. it really pines me.”

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:33 am

Aranor's head snapped up as she lashed out at him verbally, and the look in his eyes was like he had just been stabbed. "My family is dead too, Evelune, don't forget that. My Father, my Mother, my brothers, my sister. They are ALL dead too, they died staying behind while I was sent to go find YOU. I would have died there in the capital, but I was sent away, so don't talk to me about having a dead family. I lost everything that day too."

He rose to his feet, his voice rising as he did, "And I didn't LET you go ANYWHERE! I ASKED you to wait, damn it! You KNEW all too well that I was unable to go with you that day, but YOU made the decision to go anyway and leave ME! It wasn't like you weren't DAMN well aware of the fact that I had to go with my father to go before YOUR parents and swear my loyalty to them once more as the head of my family! YOU KNEW and you went anyway, so the blood of OUR friends is NOT on my hands!"

His hands trembled, his eyes filled with angry tears, his heart pounding so loud it drowned everything else out, "And don't you DARE talk to me about carrying a friend's body, Evelune! I carried my LITTLE BROTHER'S cold dead body back from a mission! I had to watch HIM die in front of me, and I had to put his body down in front of MY mother and MY father and MY siblings! I know ALL too well how it feels to have someone die, and HE WASN'T a traitor! HE didn't try to betray me, he was LOYAL and he died anyway. I was a soldier besides being your guard, Evelune. I helped train half these men in the rebellion. Each time one of them dies, I know I didn't train them well enough, or I wasn't there to help them. I have watched countless people die, and I have killed countless more for YOU because I'm loyal to you. Don't you EVER accuse me of letting you deal with him by yourself. I've done all of it, and never complained about it, Because it's all been for you. I've done it all to try to protect you, and to try to help you achieve your goals, because I've loved you the whole time."

He then glared at her, and he turned away, walking out of the tent, the last look she got of him before he left one of betrayal, emotional agony, and anger. He stormed away from the tent, ignoring the stunned people who saw their commander with angry tears, and had heard his angry voice from Eve's tent.
Last edited by God Of The North on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 am

Eve remained silent as yelled at her, before simply sinking down into her chair. She didn't have time for this emotional game of chess, constantly stressing out over the next move. She had no more tears to shed, having cried them all out when she had spoken to him mere moments before. At the very moment she made the decision to lock them away, like she had been doing for most of her life. Staring at the mess of papers in front of her, she felt a sick smile crack onto her face for nothing more than a second or two. They'd be leaving soon anyways; She could drown her sorrows out with the blood of her enemies eventually.

She sat there in silence, refusing to even look up at the entrance of her tent when the messenger arrived. His hands shaky and his eyes wild with fright, he tossed the note onto her desk and bowed, before taking his leave. Not a word was spoken as she slowly opened the note, reading the news. "Mobilized troops." She mumbled under her breath, letting out a heavy sigh. She should have just let that general drag her away, back to the capital. Perhaps it would have been best to do such a thing, she could have done what she needed there anyways. Setting the note aside she looked to her spear and contemplated for a moment, before merely nodding her head as if she was agreeing with herself. "I suppose that will work." She said, before leaning back in her chair and looking at the roof of her tent. She had shattered her relationship with the only living friend she had left, and maybe that was all it took for her to understand that she wasn't meant to be happy. Not in this world, at least; She only had one duty, and that was to finish what her ancestor had started.

After a good ten minutes or so, Eve finally stood up. Silently she gathered her gear, note clutched in hand, as she stepped out of the tent. Ushering one of the soldiers over, she commanded him to gather the rest of the party and to have them meet her someways down the road. She needed the three minutes or so that would take them to get there to deliberate the next move; How to get into the Second General's Fortress.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 am

Ophelia was thankful that Eve was giving her a second chance and that the two would still be friends. She'd hadn't noticed Aranor once which was likely for the best in that scenario. When Eve finally had her leave the small blonde took care of a few things before returning to her bed in the medical tents. Her energy was still low and phantom pains in her abdomen would appear every so often. Before going to the medcial tents however she checked up on her cart and made sure everything was in place. Fiore had returned of her own accord. The horse was fiercely loyal to her...after all it was Fifi who raised and took care of the horse since it was a baby. In fact Fiore had been a gift from Gaius before he left the family behind to live the life he wanted. One with no regrets and full of adventure.

So she made sure to good care of Fiore, the horse was one of the few family members she had left now. The horse had sensed its owner's mood and nuzzled her head into Ophelia before the blonde wrapped her arms around and hugged it tightly. Thankfully the soldiers had retrieved her crossbow and set it down on her cart. Rahna was the only family heirloom she had. It was one of the most important items in the Aegis family. The item was older than they remembered and was the most complex and advanced crossbow anyone had or ever will see. Deciding to get out of these clothes she climbed beneath the tarp of her cart and got dressed in more proper attire.

With her things checked off and everything she had been sitting around there until Galliad had walked over to check on him. Without a moment of hesitation she hugged him tightly. It always helped her to hug a friend when she was feeling down, she didn't speak a word. Only sound were the tears that still escaped her puffy eyes as she didn't know what to do. Later and when she was calmer...She'd have to discuss something extremely important with Eve. Without the Aegis empire...Ayril was going to face massive economical and trade crisis seeing how they controlled the trade markets. There would be no one to control it, no one to supply towns with the goods they need for trade. No one to trade with the other lands...It was a crisis that was bound to happen now that the Aegis empire was crumbling.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

"One perk o' bein' a wanderer; no schedule te follow." Toryn chuckled, fingers wrapping securely around the mug to absorb its heat. Vaguely, he wondered if he should go prepare to leave. Then again, what was to prepare? All he really needed was to throw on his cloak and he was ready to depart at any time, another habit of traveling alone and, for the most part, without direction. Pulled from his thoughts as Saul spoke again, Toryn thrummed a musing noise, an odd little twist of warmth curling in his stomach that had more to do with Saul's 'admission' than the hot tea.

"Yer concern es a comfort, Saul. But I've survived far worse 'n stayed on my feet, I'll be fine." he said, cracking a slightly sheepish grin before adding a quiet "Thank ye." To be honest, he'd nearly forgotten he was wounded. None of them hurt particularly bad, and he'd had plenty else to occupy his thoughts. It was a new feeling, having someone worry about him. It was... it was nice. His smile turned more absent, as if he didn't really realize it was still there as he sipped his tea, pondering the feeling. Saul was a thoughtful individual, and a good medic, it made sense for him to worry about anyone with injuries. Didn't mean Toryn couldn't enjoy it for a moment.

"So what were ye doin' that made ye 'late'?" he asked after a moment, curiosity lingering from Saul's entrance. The way the other man had said it made it sound like a personal matter had diverted him, so perhaps he wouldn't answer. Still, no harm in the inquiry.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Feeling Ophelia’s embrace shocked Galliad, but he smiled warmly underneath and returned the hug. Noticing her cheeks were puffed up and tears were rolling out, he moved some of the bandages so they wouldn’t get soaked by tears. “Are you going to be alright now? Because if we’re going to win this war, everyone needs you to stay strong.” He ruffled her braided hair lightly before letting go of her. “We should start packing things. Just in case we have to go anywhere soon.”

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:40 pm

Niriana seemed confused and surprised as Naqi handed her the clothes. Were those really for her? The woman's expression didn't let her doubt for long as she rushed into a small closet to change, getting rid of the old dress that was covered in tears and stains. She put on the things provided to her and patted them down a little. They fit pretty well; she was surprised the woman got the right size. The wife of unia mumbled a shy thanks to the taller woman, looking down at her feet a little in embarassment. What she was embarrassed for? She honestly couldn't tell, but it didn't quite matter to her reddening cheeks.
Love, Kitty!

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Saul shook his head, smile still stubbornly tugging at his lips even as he mused on what to say. At least Toryn really did seem to be reasonably alright, even if Saul couldn't help but worry about the possibility of infection and the man overworking himself- his wounds looked to no longer be bleeding and his moments lacked the stiffness of someone trying to hide broken ribs or worse.

Briefly, he considered lying about why he'd been delayed, but he dismissed the thought a few seconds after having it. While he strictly speaking didn't have to give Toryn an answer at all, much less a true one, it felt like it'd be far worse to give him an outright lie than to just tell him it was none of his business. But if he did that, then that'd make it seem as though he had something to hide, perhaps even something nefarious rather than simply embarrassing...

One thing was certain: he couldn't tell Toryn about Kuyiri's alleged feelings for him: if it was true it'd be unspeakably cruel for someone she saw as a rival for Toryn's affections to tell him instead of letting her confess herself in her own time. If it was false, then he'd be gossiping and creating issues for her over nothing.

"I was talking with Ramiel, and there was a slight misunderstanding," he settled on saying, a bit of embarrassment creeping into his voice. "It turns out that saying you 'slept with' someone has rather different connotations than I was aware it did-"

Before he could finish that rather embarrassing explanation, a soldier poked her head through the flap of the tent. "You're to gather down the road from the encampment. Commander's orders," she said bluntly, leaving as soon as they indicated they understood. Saul sighed, slinging his satchel and bag over his shoulder.

"Apologies; I suppose we'll have time to talk more once we're on the road," he said, trying to collect what was left of his dignity. From Toryn's expression, he wasn't sure how well he managed it.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Soon enough, Ramiel, Gwendolyn and Aranor were all gathered as well. Ramiel had removed most of his bandages, revealing his mostly healed body. He would definitely be sporting some new scars, but he looked FAR better than he had when he was first bandaged up. As always, he had his axe on his back, and he stood strong, however Gwendolyn was next to him, which was not typical for the two of them. They talked on occasion, but for them to be walking around together before a battle? That wasn't the norm.

Aranor said nothing to anyone as he arrived, entirely clad in his armour, his helm obscuring his face. He had his sword in his main hand and his shield was in his off-hand, both ready for combat. He merely stood there in silence, holding his sword and shield, waiting for the group to set out.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:15 am

Ophelia managed to calm herself down a bit more as she silently hugged her friend. Just feeling the presence that she wasn't really alone was more than enough to help her get through now. She had to avoid the feeling that she was all alone, because she felt that way after losing her family. The was she wasn't really alone, she had her friends like Galliad who was concerned and trying to cheer her up. Then there was Eve who didn't punish her at all after what she had done." I don't know...I can get through now though...thank..you Galliad." Fifi spoke softly as she pulled away from the embrace, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

After hearing from the messenger they were to meet up to set off on their journey she hurried onto her cart. Of course she pulled Galliad along so he wouldn't have to walk. She allowed him to gather what he needed and the two silently joined the others. The small blonde was still using the blanket from the medical tent, it was a kinda warm cloak that shielded her body. Fifi was nervous and so she didn't want people seeing that she'd been crying so much.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.