The New World: Hope

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Re: The New World: Hope

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:26 pm

"He's a tough son of a bitch." Luke replied as his eyesturned back to Haven. "At least you know where he is. And if he knows you're here, i doubt hes just lying there suffering." He added as Valerie appeared into view. Lukes brow raised as the woman approached, carrying a basket of, food? Luke grabbed the basket, lettinf his eye meet her as she spoke. "Well.. since you mentioned it." Luke replied as he rubbed his face "our people, the sick ones. They have family up here that are worried about them. Any chance you could find out whats going on with them sweetheart?" Luke asked with a smooth tone to his his voice.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:20 pm

Ami nodded along with Luke's words, "Yeah that fucker didn't give up on believing you were alive" she nodded but raised an eyebrow as the cheerful woman walked over. Before she can say anything Luke seems to take the lead and explain the worries of River and Haven. Pausing for a moment, however, she glanced at the basket and shrugged reaching over and grabbing an apple from the basket. The sweetness was the first thing that hit her senses and she was more then thankful for the relief to her dry mouth that she was having.

"Iz goo" she says with a mouth full of apple and nods to the basket, but swallows before she continues at the sight of people looking at her. "Sorry...that you for the food" she nods.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:06 am

Haven looked at the other woman, it was clear she was worried too, as Luke and Ami both told her Will didn't give up and wouldn't she nodded slowly, she knew they were right but what if he didn't know she was here? Then again maybe Mia had mentioned something to him, from up here she could only hope.

As Valerie joined the group with a basket,she gave a small smile before reaching for an apple as well. However she didn't bit into it but instead stuffed it into her jacket pocket before she looked back at the woman as Luke asked to find out about the sick ones.

Stepping up slightly she spoke,"I'm a doctor, the group's doctor... I was wondering if it was possible to help as well.. with my group below.. I understand there are precautions but there are some people down there who have... histories with medicine and should be treated properly..."she explained, hoping her position would get her closer to Will and the others.

Jo looked at Ami before reaching for an apple herself as Haven spoke, a small smirk came over her face as she couldn't help but think about how much Haven had kept this group alive, especially Will and Ami who when she first met them both seemed to have bullet wounds.

"A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier dies but once.” ~Tupac

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 am

Valerie smiled gently. She sorta liked being the bearer of good things. Especially when she received a fair amount of appreciation for it. Then the questions started coming. Before she spoke she let out a small breath before casting her eyes downwards. “Unfortunately that is not my call to make. However I have a strong feeling that you will not be able to go regardless. I understand your position... but we also have guidelines and procedures to follow here. But do not fret too much. I know that they will not receive any medication that is deemed unnessecary for their survival. And even still, a lot of remedies are homemade here. At least for things like colds and headaches.” She explained. “And I’m not sure how much longer it will be until you are all joined together again, but we will do everything in our power to make sure that your people are well taken care of.” She stated.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:57 pm

Haven nodded in understanding,"Thought I would ask.."she said softly before she looked down, her gaze landed on the walkie she had brought from Eden before she looked back at everyone else,"I'm gonna go for a walk, learn about this place a bit more, Valerie right? Care to show me around a little,maybe?"she asked with a soft smile, she wanted to see what else she could do around here if taking care of her sick group was out of question, however she was beginning to miss Eden as they had kept her busy, but not as much as she had missed William.. she just wanted to see him, with her own eyes.

----

Jo stepped up,"I think that's a good idea since no one has showed us around,"she pitched in with a smile of her own,"mind if I tag along, maybe we could?"she looked to everyone else.

"A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier dies but once.” ~Tupac

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:13 am

Luke scoffed, shaking his head at her response. "So youre tellimg me you have no authority here, youre just the errand girl?" He responded with a smirk. "Nah but you don't look like that type to me." He added with a shrug. His eyes waivered over the brunette for a second admiring her appearance. He lit the tobacco before pushing off from the railing, lightly brushing passed the woman. "When youre done, why dont you show me around?" He asked with a little play in his voice, stepping passed the group.

---
Anither sharp pain, deeply rooted in his chest. Colors began to streak, vision becoming blurry as the world swayed side to side. The mood goimg from angry to painfully calm im an instant. Falling back against ths wall , William clutched his chest, slowly sliding down onto his knees. His face twisted in pain, his nostrails flaring fro. the short shallow breath. It felt like he could hear everything, but hear nothing at the same time. The most irritatingly loud riniging echoed in Will's ears, throwing off his thoughts. "Fuck.." he muttered, reepeating himself a few times. The pain was almost unbearable.. "i need.. something.." He almost pleaded as him arm reached up and grippes Riley's. "Help me.."

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:16 am

Ami simply shook her head and pushed off the railing as well and followed Luke, mainly because she still didn't fully trust the people here. "I'll catch you two later" she nods. Walking a foot or two behind Luke she kept a lookout before speaking, "Hey so what are your thoughts about this place? To good to be true?" She asks glancing around at all the people, men and women, walking around and all seem to be happy and smiling.

It was odd and it felt as if the world around them was the same, as if the bombs didn't drop. She shook her head at the pure insanity of this, but she couldn't say anything mainly due to the last time she questioned a place being to good the group was split up for months.

Mia was quick to jump up calling for help the moment Will went down. "HELP!" she called out and quickly shot to Will's side in any attempts to help him. Checking his pulse and feeling his head she begins to questions him, "how does your left arm feel? Is it a sharp or thudding pain?" She questions him in order to find out what's wrong and to make sure he keeps talking until someone could help.

JoJoTheClown
Bronze

Post by JoJoTheClown » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Luke shrugged, keeping his gsze foresrd as he pondered on Ami's question. "Takin' it for face value. Better than the alternative. " He responded before taking a puff from his cigarette. Luke gazed back, letting bis pace slow a little bit as they crossed one of the rope bridges. "Lets not try to ruin a good thing here, dont be a psycho bitch." Luke teased with a smirk. In reality, Luke ddint eant to think about it too much. If they kept to thenselves, as far as he was concerned, they could do whatever they wanted to.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Ami nodded at the thoughts he had about the place, maybe she could actually stand to relax and take things for what they're worth. Cutting off from Luke after another few minutes she gives him a nod and just simply walks around taking in the natural beauty of the scenery, but something in her tell her to keep on guard and watch herself. After a few moments with this feeling she shakes her head and begins to speak to herself, in hopes to maybe calming herself down a little, "This isn't Eden. This is a much more calm and down to Earth place, that place was a dictatorship with a front of religion" she lets out a soft sigh.

Stopping to lean on the railing and looking down to the ground below she begins to slowly realize that maybe she has just been slowly going crazy.

EyesOfIce

Post by EyesOfIce » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 pm

"It would be my pleasure." Valerie smiled to Haven and Joey after watching Luke walk away. "And please, call me Moonbeam. Valerie is just a government name." She said before turning slowly. "Well, if you'll follow me, I'll show you everything you need to know and tell you everything you need to know." She said, before she began to cross one of the bridges. The first place that she led her small tour group was the large center area that the community called "The Pit" Once she reached the center near the large fire pit, she turned back and clasped her hands together.

"So, to begin this little tour I brought you all here. This is our main area. This is where we meet up at night and eat and relax. We call it the pit, and believe it or not, this was one of the first structures built in the community. So, I guess I'll mix a little history lesson in here." She chuckled before she brushed some hair out of her face. "This community was started a few years ago by Father. So by the time the bombs hit we were already very self-sustaining. We really haven't been affected by much, and being off of the ground has especially helped."

After she gave a bit more detail about the area, she then decided to show them the greenhouses and outside areas where the crops grow and then the washing stations where they wash the clothes. The tour included many different things, and finally it ended back at the visitor cabins. "So that pretty much concludes our little tour. Do you guys have any questions or anything about the community that I can answer for you?" She asked, clasping her hands together once again and smiling.

Riley was a bit startled by the sudden outburst from Will, but he was instantly to his side. He quickly looked around, before he saw a pitcher of water and a rag. Not knowing what else he could possibly do, he to the rag wet and began to damp Will's forehead, while the girl called out for help. Something was obviously wrong and someone needed to get here, and fast.