The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Killian
Bronze

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by Killian » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 am

... 有島 張戸 . . .

Sitting next to Naito in the car, Harito was filled in what he had missed earlier in the afternoon. Most of the time he either nodded or asked questions. "That explains even more the other students reaction then. "

At this moment, he glanced down at the phone to see that their family dog had returned home on her own, thanks to the GPS module hidden in the collar.

He gave a small hum, seeing the school buildings. Naito-senpai handed him a set of keys, that he took in his hands. Hearing Naito's words, he looked up again at her for a second [1] before squinting at the words on the keychain label.It was a little too dark to read within the vehicle, unfortunately.

"I see.," Harito waved the keys, in his usual tone. Understanding the gesture with her arms, as it wasn't the first time someone offered him a hug, he somewhat gave half a hug by patting her on the shoulder with his free arm. "Thank you for the pleasant ride, Naito-senpai. You can most certainly expect an entertaining account afterwards."

He hadn't gotten out of the car for long before he heard a voice calling and footsteps running from not too far in the school carpark. There was more lighting here, and Harito saw the two girls.

"Ah...." he thought for a moment. "Oh, you both were there this afternoon as well, I remember. Decided to see what Okawa-sensei has to show us?"

He held up the keys from earlier. Reading the label, he gave a small grin. "Well, shall we talk and head there? I have no doubt there are also others waiting. I believe it should be in that direction."[2]

... ...

In the Arishima residence, Harito's father finally returned home. Sitting in the living room was Rikimaru, currently poring his attention over a book. It wasn't a surprise to see the head of the family coming home at this time.

"How was dinner? Did you have it with Harito?"

"Yeah. Dessert was sphaghetti ice, so it was pretty good."

"Is he in his study already?"

"Likely. I saw him walking Francie earlier. I saw the light on in his room."

"Well... can't be helped if he has that much studies to do."

Rikimaru raised his eyes a little watching his father walk around the corner. "It's only the first day he's there..." he murmured before shrugging.

..NOTES :
[1] He's getting a little suspicious at her words. It's meant to be subtle since he doesn't like to show discomfort etc.

[2] Harito's current inventory/items: 2 mobile phones (one in his pocket, the other in his backpack), notepad and pen, black umbrella, wallet, leftover dog treats (put in a plastic seal bag), rolled up dog-leash.

. .
Previously Luki | Twitter Art Blog | Status: Rushing to finish fanart merch (。•́︿•̀。)

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Hayate was glad that the smaller of the three spoke her name.
"It's very nice to meet you Sayuri, Eiko." He smiled, before being taken aback by her comment about his hair.
"Oh! Uh-.. Thanks, I'm glad you like it." He smiled, looking to the side in an attempt to disguise an awkward reddening of his cheeks.
"I..." He added, still looking to the side where the girls were not. "I can tell you where it is, if you want." It would be a nice way to bond and make frie- WAITBUTWHATIFSHETHINKSI'MSAYINGHERHAIRISN'TPRETTYBECAUSEITISIT'SSOSILKYANDBLONDEANDLOOKSREALLYSOFTBUTIWOULDNEVERTOUCHITWITHOUTHERACCEPTANCEOFITWAITNOWHYWOULDYOUTOUCHITGETITTOGETHERHAYATE
"N-not that you.. need... to."
Oh hello brilliant, I'm sorry we're running low on stupidity, you keep using it up.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:37 pm

Hayate Ishikawa was it? He apologized again and Eiko waved it off. It was all water under the bridge now. She was going to say how what's done is done and best to move on only for Sayuri who had been clutching her side the entire time, had piped up with an adorable squeak. The odd behavior was too adorable for Eiko. She had clutched her chest in dramatic anguish with an "Ack" and a ruffle of Sayuri's hair, the extent she'd allow herself before she became the smooching monster kissing Sayuri's face all over. Hayate being an awkward bean left Eiko feeling a bit bad as she thought she might have left him out or something of the like. She patted him on the back as she reached back into one of the backpack's pockets to pull out a bag of strawberry milk flavored candy and offered him one.

"No need to be nervous around us, just take one and relax." She gave the bag a solid shake to emphasize the last part of what she had said. She smiled and grinned over to Sayuri. "Sharing is caring, right Sayuri?"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:21 am

"No no no no no!" Sayuri protested, trying to pull away from Eiko and growing an even fiercer shade of crimson. This behavior was unlike her as well. Usually, public displays of affection were fine - only from Eiko, nobody else had the right to do it unwarranted - but for whatever reason, this made her uncomfortable. Uncomfortable? Embarrassed, maybe. It was always a puzzle, trying to decipher how she felt. Emotions were complicated, words fleeting, and right now all she knew was she wanted to get away from the onslaught of kisses.

At last, she was free, glowering - yes, glowering! - at Eiko. A glance at Hayate, and the glower quickly turned back to the lip-biting nervousness, her arms once more wrapping around Eiko's leg.

"Caring," she echoed blankly, watching as her big sister handed Hayate some of her sweets. Why couldn't she be the one handing them to him? They were her sweets, after all, so she deserved the credit.

"My candy, but you can have some. Because I'm nice."

There. That would hopefully get the point across.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:58 am

It was amongst the mix of chaos in his mind from the unfamiliar and yet still so serene environment that Eiko offered Hayate a piece of candy. It was a kind offer, especially as it helped Hayate calm down and focus on something. Something less... awkward.

Hayate was about to reach forward, and yet it felt as though some force distanced Eiko from him.
A very
Very
very
tiny force.

"O-oh," he replied, unsure who to thank, deciding to thank the one who seemed to care the most about it.
"Well, thank you, Sayuri. It's very delicious."

'Thanks' he mouthed to Eiko.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Sayuri's behavior had been odd alright. The glowering only lasted for so long but it had happened and Eiko had been wounded but all was forgiven it seems with Sayuri wrapped around her once more.

"My candy, but you can have some. Because I'm nice."

Perhaps Eiko will let Sayuri offer a piece of candy instead next time rather than letting her share a box, although if she held the whole box, would she have any left to share? Sayuri can be a glutton for sweets after all.

"Well, thank you, Sayuri. It's very delicious."

Hayate mouthed his thanks to Eiko and in turn she merely shrugged with a smile and continued walking, the school gates could be seen just up ahead and if anyone were to check for the time, it'd indicate they were at least on time. As they neared, they could already see others had arrived as well. Harito and the twins were in the carpark area and it seems they had all just arrived. Perhaps they should head over with the twins, they had spent a bit getting to know each other at least.

"Hey!" Eiko called over to the trio as the other trio neared. "You guys made it!"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Svisttt

Post by Svisttt » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:11 am

Holding her hands behind her back, she watched as the other girl with Taylor suddenly woke up and began throwing a fit, stuttering and trying to explain herself for... Miyako wasn't exactly sure what. Had they gotten cold? That didn't seem like a very big deal- but Miyako decided not to mention it.

She held her sketchbook a bit closer to her chest, her arms wrapped around it as though she were hugging it. It was comforting to her as she looked between the other two girls, biting her lip and hoping the more... energetic of the two calmed down. Which she did quite quickly, although rather awkwardly as she knelt down next to Taylor, mumbling something Miyako couldn't quite catch.

"So want to wait to meet up with the others or go find them? I mean hopping the fence and breaking into the gym sounds cool but one of them probably has the more practical key."

Miyako laughed a little at Taylor's suggestion to break into the gym, a small part of her hoping they actually get to do that at some point tonight. Chances were tonight was going to be sketchy enough already, why not add to it and have some fun? A key would definitely be an easier solution, though. "Perhaps we should go out back to where the gym door is first? Just-just to make sure there's no uhm... there's nothing there, you know?" Miyako suggested, trying her best to keep her nervousness from showing. Taking a deep breath to steady herself, she smiled at the girl next to Taylor and said quietly, "I'm Miyako by the- by the way."
"hold me,
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:17 am

Lydia looked back to the ground a little sulkily before turning her eyes back up to Taylor with a look that almost begged for her previous error to be ok, then slowly stood up and patted her knees off. Hearing the suggestion of waiting, finding the others, or jumping the fence passed through her mind briefly before it stuck to the though of jumping the fence. The thought repeated in her mind several times as her head slowly lifted up to follow the fence to it's peak before she mouthed the word 'Impossible.' She was quickly snapped from her thoughts by a short laugh that came from behind, and promptly turned to face the source.

Once facing the girl again Lydia crossed her arms and slightly lifted her chin while looking 'down' on her with a bit of a glare. As she began to look nervous under her stare Lydia began to feel uneasy about what she was doing, but this only showed itself as her huffing lightly after the girl had finished her response to Taylor. A short breath later and the girl had quietly introduced herself as Miyako. Seeing the clearing unnerved girl still be able to say her name and talk freely made Lydia think maybe she could try following the example and speaking up too. There was a long pause as Lydia's eyes went from head to toe and back while glaring at the girl before she spoke and a cold almost forced voice, "...Bishop." Feeling proud of her accomplishment Lydia could not help but put on a proud smile while glaring 'down' at Miyako.

Azra

Post by Azra » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 am

Laughs glares and general nervousness seemed aplenty with the trio but that seemed all rather expected. Might take those two some time adjusting to each other but Taylor felt there was hope for them all yet. Lydia however seemed to doubt they could make it over the fence however. Which was something which kind of excited the punk, there was now a challenge to it. An assumption they couldn't do it said they could at least try, didn't take a parkour expert to get over a wall. There was worry of something there, which was interesting. It was the supernatural club after all who with some obscure mystery world in a nonexistent hour who could say they wouldn't encounter something. They could be scared later however it was time to do stuff "To the gym it is then, maybe we'll get there before the others." The idea of getting a win on the others was a good motivator for the punk who thought herself average and never one to win.

An adventure began to traverse around the campus wall to get to the gate by the gym. The adventure that came with pavement some lighting and a severe lack of challenge for like literally anyone. Had all the thrills of a casual walk really labeling it an adventure in her head sounded cooler however. Begrudgingly she still thought herself shit at conversation starters so it was kind of a quieter walk then she liked but at least it was nice out. Then sure enough they were there, again it being not exactly a long journey to make.

There was a bench near by to jump from the punk felt, a bit of teamwork after and it should be doable. Might also help everyone start getting along more. She'd been on enough sporting teams to know of some team building exercises even if she just thought herself okay at them. "We can totally do that, hears the plan I'm thinking. I'll jump up onto the wall there using the bench. Miyako you'll give Lydia a boost and I'll help pull you up. Then Miyako will jump and together we'll pull her up easy." Lydia being the smallest Taylor figured it'd be easier to give her a boost, then together they could get Miyako granted Taylor assumed she'd probably be doing more pulling being the knight and her assistance the princess but she would avoid saying that aloud. That all being said her own bit of thrill speaking nature didn't leave a certain punk waiting long swiftly moving to the bench and taking a few steps back.

Wasn't exactly the kind of distance to reach top speed but it was good enough, a jump onto the bench and then off it and she was airborne. Hands gripped the wall and as in nearly all things Taylor thought her form was pretty bad herself. It was enough though for her to soon get a leg over and find herself seated on the wall. Her finger poking one of the spikey bits on the decorative gate itself. She couldn't help but be curious if the fence was sharp, of course it was not. "Ready?"

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Pride and happiness at her previous accomplishment instantly vanished when she heard Taylor say they were going to the gym before meeting the others, which meant jumping the fence... Lydia panicked and tried to stop her but only got so far as mouthing 'wait' and holding out her hand before Taylor was already on her way. During the walk to the other part of the campus Lydia put herself between Taylor and the other girl, intentionally keeping between the two and stretched her legs a bit more to keep up.

Once they reached the bench Lydia was definitely not cold anymore, instead a bit warm and tried to hide her slightly heavier breathing from the extra exertion. She wanted to sit down and get her breathing back to normal but Taylor looked towards to two almost excitedly and told them of their plan to get over the fence. In this plan she was not only NOT expected to make it over the fence herself, but also was going to be manhandled by the other girl. She knew she would not be able to make the jump or even the climb on her own, but still...she could feel that little bit of non-existent pride of hers crack a little bit more. Once more she was getting ready to speak up but then she felt a slight breeze as Taylor ran past and jumped onto the fence with what looked like ease and skill to Lydia.

Lydia felt admiration for her friend again but then she heard her ask if they were ready and the previous words caught up to her again. Her face flushed pale and her mind panicked, quickly crossing her arms and turning away from the fence she huffed, "L-like I would do something so unsightly!" She then sent a glare towards the other girl that almost dared her to try touching Lydia.