The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Myrn
Trap Card

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by Myrn » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:16 am

"Yup! To the school." Although Sayuri moved away from her, she still held her hand as they began their walk to school just like any other day they would except that it was night instead of morning. Well, if she was going to treat it as such, Eiko saw no reason why they wouldn't play their short game of I spy. It's not that she disliked the silence around her, just that she'd prefer to hear Sayuri in general over nothing, be it her violin playing or just a giggle. Regardless, time was spent in the mildly quiet game and it was Sayuri's turn to spy when she had begun to behave oddly. One, she seemed to look feverish with a reddening face, two, she was retreating, and three, she called out her answer.

It was a bike.

In a sudden whirl, Eiko had placed herself in between and caught the bike peddler, the force had her feet sliding back some. She heard the wheels scraped against the asphalt while her hands tightly wound around handlebars she didn't see. Eiko's narrowed eyes stared rather fiercely at whoever was riding their bike at night... without meeting the safety requirements.

"Don't you know you should be riding with bike lights at night- wait weren't you there in that classroom after school?"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 am

Their steps matched the swinging of their hands. Sayuri noticed it right away, and even changed the speed of her stride and swinging arm to maintain it, minute adjustments Eiko might not have even noticed. Eiko was observant, of course, but some of the subtle rhythms went past her. That was okay. It was Sayuri's pleasure to watch for them, maintain them, and build.

One, two. One, two. One, two.

She was so focused on her gait that she barely noticed when Eiko first started playing Eye Spy.. She blinked, shook her head, and looked at Eiko, her vague stare turning into a smile.

"Tree?"

The rest of their walk went by in a breeze, taking turns giving hints and throwing out guesses. They were almost at the school by now - they had to be - and it was Sayuri's turn yet again. She looked- oh. A rush of warmth swept up to her face, and her grip on Eiko's hand tightened. It was the boy with red hair. In a flash, she was pressed against Eiko's side, face half-hidden in a wash of sandy hair.

"I spy something nice," she whispered.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:22 am

The night was cold and dark, as nights tended to be. Kaoru sat on the balcony of her family's new townhouse. A cool breeze was blowing through the streets of Juusan, a far cry from the stiff air of the apartment complex they used to stay in. It would be time soon, now wouldn't it? Craning her head over, she looked toward her sister, her kindred spirit. Sitting on the bed, she was filling a handbag with supplies for the coming journey. Turning back, Kaoru put her fingers to her lips, as if smoking an invisible cigarette, and continued to ponder the night ahead, for it would be a strange one indeed.

Aha, Hibiki thought as her sister sat outside and stared. She's having one of her daydreams. Smiling back at her cute sister as she looked over, she continued to pack a few items. Water, a flashlight, a set of spare keys. Would they need to defend themselves? It was always dangerous at night, after all. She herself could always use the bag itself, but for Kaoru? Just in case, she packed an especially thick hardcover book that Kao was halfway through. Speaking of whom, she was still in her imagination. It was almost time to leave now, so she should be let down gently. "Kaoru. Shall we go?" There. Her tone was mysterious enough to avoid being jarring. As she rejoined her in their room, Hibiki felt guilty that they were sneaking out of their own home. Something out of the ordinary was definitely up and they couldn't ignore it, but how would Ma and Pa take it?

==========

It didn't take long for the pair of twins get back to the school. This time, their uniforms had been switched out for something more casual. Kaoru had hers exchanged for a navy blazer over a cream dress that went down to her knees, while Hibiki was rocking a black hoodie over a white shirt instead, with shorts and her favorite stockings to complete the look. A small car had just parked in the empty lot in front of them, next to the school, and inside were two silhouettes.

"Are they here for the 13th hour too?"

"Should be. Yo! You two over there in the car!"

As she said that latter sentence, Hibiki was already running towards it and waving, leaving her sister to catch up behind her, weakly exclaiming her reservations against running toward cars you didn't recognize.

"Hibiki! W-wait!" Ahh, it wasn't much use, she always loved rushing into things.
Snowskeeper wrote:"He'll just take that as proof of his social dominance and start Fortnite dancing"

- Snowskeeper, February 2019

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:15 am

Lydia snuggled into Taylor's chest a little more firmly and gently hugged the girl before mumbling incoherently about fur not being as soft as usual or something. Then almost as if an alarm went off, Lydia suddenly opened her eyes and realised she was not in bed with Floofers but instead at school with Taylor and some other vaugly familiar girl. Realizing this she relaxed and leaned back into Taylor ready to doze some more, but instead froze then turned her head towards the other girl slowly. Her mind blanked as her eyes went wide and stared at this vaugly familiar girl.

In a sudden blur of motion, Lydia stood up and stepped to the side of Taylor. She opened her mouth to say something but then looked at the coat she was holding firmly and instead promptly returned it to Taylor. Having done so Lydia then glared at the new girl with some confusion and crossed her arms in a poor mix between staying warm and trying to be intimidating, "S-she was cold! I was juzzzt kweeping hwer warmn!" Lydia tried her best to hide the pain of having just bit her tongue while making a poor excuse and promptly turned away from both girls as she held her mouth and stomped a foot.

After the initial flood of pain eased Lydia realized she may have just been very rude to her friend with what she just said. She turned towards Taylor cautiously as her heart tightened in her chest then meekly kneeled on the ground and scooched closer with her head lowered. Once almost touching she gingerly reached for Taylor's hand and mumbled while raising just her eyes to look at her face briefly, "S-sorry... I... sorry."

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 am

"Really don't need to whisper, mean it might be rude to yell but the more obvious we are easier we all meet up." If she had to guess the others had to be at least somewhat close. As for the noodle remark it got a smirk and brief laugh but little else. Was no way that was serious right? Totally didn't need to apologize for a wave, thankfully even if she started to think she needed to the mumbling comfort was quick to get up and have enough bravado to cover for it. Initially rolling her eyes the punk got to her feet.

Swinging her backpack over her shoulder the jacket was loosely stuffed inside. Easy to remove if someone was willing to admit they were cold but not so loose as to get caught on something at random while moving around. "Only because waiting around is terrible at keeping a body warm of course." She didn't mind being the scapegoat for her remarkably stubborn companion. Taylor did however refuse to let it diminish the entire tough punk vibe she was so fond of. A smile made to try and inform that it was fine and a sorry wasn't needed in a nonverbal way. Heaven forbid she say something alowed and let the whole world know Lydia might have apologized.

"So want to wait to meet up with the others or go find them? I mean hopping the fence and breaking into the gym sounds cool but one of them probably has the more practical key." Taylor remarked to the other two with enough sarcasm in her voice to hopefully break the tension between her two friends who she doubted were even close to being friends with the other.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 pm

SCREEEEEECH
Out of nowhere two shadows appeared, and Hayate was nearly launched out of his own bike.
"ohmygodareyouoka- Oh, i-" It was those two girls from before. The quiet one and the tall brunette.
"It's you guys."

Hayate's chest was pumping, still surprised by the very sudden encounter.
Getting off of his ride, Hayate wanted to make sure the two were in no harm.
"Are you two okay?" As he held the bike by his side, he ignored the blush of the little one as he took it for the same kind of shock he was slowly getting out of, and the way the night veiled their faces even underneath the luminous moonlight.

Looking ahead, he asked them while taking a few small steps to ensure they were still moving, so they wouldn't be late.
"So I take it you're going there as well?"
It wouldn't be half bad to have some company on his way there.
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Jhibus aka Shaw

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:22 am

It was the red haired boy from their brief meeting in that classroom. She never did get his name now that she thought about it. Eiko tsked with mild annoyance but in fairness, she should have been more aware of their surroundings. Letting go of the bike, she kept on like nothing had happened and even placed a hand on Sayuri's back if only to encourage her to keep walking and to forget what had happened.

"Yeah, we're fine. And you?" It'd be rude to not ask of his well-being. "Mhm, I take it you're going to tag along then... don't believe we introduced properly. Name's Eiko Otsuka, you may call however as you please." Eiko then glanced down to Sayuri curiously from the silence. She'd introduce her if Sayuri didn't herself.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:56 am

There was something sort of pleasant about jogging in the near dead of night. The emptiness of the streets, the coolness of the air, the stillness of the world, all nice for clearing one's head. She mainly weaved through back alleys, taking main roads sparingly. It seemed better to not draw attention to herself, wouldn’t want to have some police officers sending her back home after all.

Every so often Kiwako fished her phone out of her skirt pocket, part to check the map to be sure she was still jogging the right way, and in part to be sure one of her parents hadn’t called her asking where the heck she was. First, she seemed to be going the right way, and second her parents had yet to call her. So all good there, she supposed.

It wasn’t too long, perhaps fifteen minute later, when she arrived at the school gates. She paused a moment at the gate to stretch and catch her breath, as she attempted to decide if it would be best to head on to the gym of the school, or wait here for others to arrive.
//… under her weight, the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Hayate was a tad bit rattled, but it would probably be unfair to accuse them of anything. "Yeah, I think I'm okay."
So the brunette's name was Eiko. Eiko Otsuka... and the other's?
The smaller one seemed a bit shy, so Hayate decided to introduce himself first.
"A- oh, right, my name's Hayate. Hayate Ishikawa. Again, sorry." He tried to brush it off with a smile, but it turned out more crooked than he had initially intended. Nevertheless, the situation itself and the mess on his part brought up a greater smile as he was relieved to see the girls were fine.
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Jhibus aka Shaw

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:00 am

As soon as the red-headed boy drew close, Sayuri slipped behind Eiko, only peeking her head out around her leg. Her fingers clutched tight at her big sister's pant leg.

Breathe slow. Deep. In, out. In, out.

It was a routine her occupa... occapa... therapist person had taught her. Focus on the beat of your heart, and try and lower the tempo by taking deep, slow breaths. A light hum in her ears drowned out most of the spoken words, but she noticed him staring at her. Staring. At her. All she could see was the eyes. Staring. Staring. Staring. Say something!

"Sayuri!" she squeaked, then covered her mouth with both hands, eyes wide. She opened her fingers slightly. "I... I like your hair..."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end