Spotlight

FakeSkrillex

Re: Spotlight

Post by FakeSkrillex » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 am

"Hmmm" Will made the noise exaggerated, almost cartoony in a way, touching one finger to his chin "Well we could sample some of the local cuisine, play a game, maybe go on one of the deathtraps they call a ride. The possibilities are endless."

Will didn't know why he liked Faith so much, maybe it was because she acted nice to him earlier. Or maybe it was because she reminded him of someone. Will's memory was mostly gone at this point, he couldn't remember anything from the first 20 years of his life, just flashes of something that used to be there. But he thinks he had a sister, and he wants to imagine she'd be Faiths age right around now. So he decided to be weird and funny with her, no harm in having fun.

Will looked around at some of the games and stands, it didn't seem like the fair was for anything specific, just a county fair that had attracted a good amount of attention. The games were standard fish bowls, ring tosses, buckets, football tosses, rubber ducks, bottles, everything. The rides were the same, a small Ferris Wheel stood at the center of the camp ground, some other small rides were scattered around the area. The food was the standard fried, over priced garbage, but Will lived it. Just all the smells, the laughter, it brought back some flashes of memories.

Will realized he was getting lost in thought and turned back to Faith "Well for starters, how about I win you a prize?"

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 pm

Kote stretched out his shoulder, eyeing the stack of bottles across the booth, twisting at the hip he let the baseball fly pegging the bottles a little to the left, toppling the stack. The small crowd around him clapped as he scanned the top row of prizes, this was his third win at this booth and the man running the show seemed a little upset he had won his best prizes so far.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:46 am

Needless to say, Faith didn't really know the activities one would participate in while at the fair. How Will referred to the rides as deathtraps somewhat scared her. Though if they were really that dangerous the fair wouldn't be open, right?

Laughing hesitantly, Faith let her gaze wonder across her surroundings for a short while, looking out for any threats. Bringing her eyes back into Will, she shrugged before speaking.

"Yeah, I don't see why not."

The prizes he was referring to around the games were mosting plushes of characters from movies or tv shows. Cheap tat to try and interest children so they'd beg their parents for money to play. However still there were some prizes which weren't from some sort of franchise. Faith had to say that some of them looked... kinda cute.
I am Aqua's Princess

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:40 am

Kalyn simply followed behind Kote, keeping rather quiet. Being social wasn't exactly her thing, seeing as she had felt that she was different than everyone else her entire life. I mean, where she had grown up, stories spread quickly, and even though only her best friend at the time had seen her power, the rumor that she wasn't like everyone else got out within the week. She always felt everyone's eyes on her back, even if they weren't actually looking at her.

She was shaken out of her thoughts when, as she was following Kote, she bumped into someone. A rude phrase was shouted her way, to which she mumbled a quiet apology. "This place is so crowded... how do you think Will and Faith are doing?" she asked Kote, stepping closer to him so he could hear her over the rest of the people there.
404 signature not found

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 am

Will spotted a 'Test Your Strength!' game not far from where he and Faith were walking, he gave her a small nudge in the direction as he started walking towards it. The game was simple, take the hammer and hit the lever hard enough for it to launch the metal piece to the bell, you ring the bell, you get a prize. Simple. Will knew half these things were rigged, they changed the weight of the metal piece to make it harder for you to hir the bell, but Will knew it was all in the technique, and that's what he was made for.

Will walked up to the game and took the hammer in his hand, he carefully found the right grips and footing as he lined up his swing. He took a breath in and then with what seemed like no effort at all swung the hammer over his head and smashed it onto the lever. shooting the metal piece up and producing a resounding ding!

He smiled and looked at Faith, giving a slight shrug. The prizes weren't great, but they never were at places like this. He settled on the blue care bear on the middle shelf (Bedtime Bear was what the lady running the game called it) he handed it to Faith with a sly smile "You two are matching, couldn't resist." he said as he tussled her hair a little

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am

Kote was glaring at the man who had thrown an insult at Kalyn "Well, knowing Will as little as I do, I'm sure he's the life of the fair right now.." he handed her a baseball suddenly, while she had been lost in thought he had been knocking down milk bottles for a prize "Why don't you give it a try? Take your mind off things?" He looked around the crowd a moment "I don't like people either Kalyn, don't worry."

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Faith had to admit, she was surprised about how good Will was at the game. Winning on his very first try, what are the chances of that? It seemed to her that Will was extremely talented at many things. Nevertheless, she smiled once handed the bear; obviously she was grateful for the gift.
"You're right. We're like twins." Faith chuckled, keeping a tight hold of the bear as to not drop it on the dirty ground.

Although being incredibly thankful for the bear, Faith had to admit that she was more interested in getting to know the situation she had found herself in than being showered in soft toys. Faith was struggling on what to ask the boy about. Should she ask about Will himself or that man from the convenience store.
"So, Will, where did you grow up?"

Eventually she decided to ask Will a question about himself. After all, Faith suspected that he was just as clueless as she was. She had been wanting to get to know the people around her anyway and she didn't know how much time they had before the police or that man's organisation found them.
I am Aqua's Princess

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:35 am

Will's smile disappeared for a second as Faith as the question, a slightly nervous laugh came out as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I...uh...I don't really remember." He said looking over at the girl as they walked. "My power is all about learning new things, and the more I learn the more I forget. I get little flashes sometimes, something that reminds me of a home that I've lost already." The conversation almost drained Will's energy. He didn't like thinking about his past, or lack there of, it made him feel like some part of him was missing. "Sorry. I get a little emotional when I talk about it. Probably not a side of me many people get to see."

He looked over at his partner, she seemed innocent enough in asking the question, but most metas didn't have great stories. The rest of the world thought that having powers was the secret to everything. But every meta was running from something in their past. Will only acted like he had everything together, but in reality he was just as freaked out as the others probably were. He was used to running from the cops, but some secret organization? That was something completely different.

But there was one thing Will knew, it was more of a feeling in his gut, that if these guys came after them he would do anything to keep the rest of them safe. No matter the cost.

Water
Bronze

Post by Water » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:26 pm

"Ah, I'm sorry. I really appreciate your honesty though." Faith gave him a warm smile. Obviously she hadn't meant to upset Will at all, but as she said his honestly was greatly appreciated as Faith now knew that he was comfortable enough around her to talk about his past.

As for Will's ability, it was only somewhat of a surprise to her; Faith had noticed Will's talent in many of the things she had seen him do, and had suspected that his power may have involved something of that nature.

"For my early years I was worshipped by a cult... which wasn't fun." Despite talking about a seemingly traumatic event in her life, Faith didn't seem too upset. She'd found herself numb to the memories. Thinking about something so much will do that.
Nevertheless, she had somewhat accepted that she couldn't change what had happened and only wished to learn from her experiences.

Faith explained about herself as to not make it seem like she was just trying to get information out of Will, which was certainly not the case. Now that she thought about it, Faith saw a connection between those with powers and misfortune, from their backgrounds to the situation they all had found themselves in. Although she hadn't any idea what caused this. Perhaps it could be a result of those trying to benefit from their abilities?
I am Aqua's Princess

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Fri May 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Kote smiled, starting to enjoy himself when he caught sight of a pair of police officers roving through the crowd. His smile faded away realizing how he looked could put the others at risk. His long coat and nearly bleach white hair standing out of the crowd. If someone had seen him in the car... He looked to Kalyn before heading out of the crowds to the edges of the fair, quickly finding who he was looking for. Kote simply approached a grimey homeless man, tossing some spare change into his box before slipping off his nice durable coat handing the it to the man before plucking his beany from rhe mans head. Sliding the grey beanie over his head, now in a longsleeve tee and gloves. The man simply nodded taking the coat happily in the exchange as Kote straightened his shirt, heading off to find the others.