To Be a Hero

Someguy500

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by Someguy500 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 am

Lee had fallen into a rhythm. He couldn't tell whether he'd taken the lead, so he couldn't get complacent. The coach's laughing had caught his attention, and he risked another peek back to check.

A mistake, as he would find out later.

The coach spun and threw himself at another student behind him. A girl, with completely black skin. This one was strange. Any other person would have energy gather around where their Quirk manifested, plus the usual joints and other places. Instead of that, his Quirk told him he might've been looking at a corpse. No, not a corpse; more like an abyss, as black as the girl's skin was to his eyes. Her eyes, on the other hand, were a different story. In comparison to the rest of her, they shone. They were alive, bright and--

FLASH

Everything turned white. No. No! He couldn't see, damnit! Dropping into a clumsy roll, Lee cursed himself for his carelessness. He tried to calm down as he came to a stop. He crawled up to a crouching position, taking precious time waiting for his vision to return and reorienting himself.
Annasiel wrote:"Started playing Pumped Up Kicks and singing along while chopping shit with a huge knife

I was the only white person in the room"

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:21 pm

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Class 1-B | In Hero-Practical Class

"Ah?"

Miki blinked when Rikinobu stared at her in the eye. He really doesn't want to do track-running, she thought. In the moment, it had taken her by surprise that she accidentally loosened her grip on his arm. "Oops," she murmured when she heard the soft thud of Shun dropping to the ground. She gave another look to see that he wasn't bleeding, before standing up again.

A laugh (that was too old to be any of the students) caused her to whip her head around. Her hand flew up to shield from the sudden flash of light. After the instance, she peeked through her fingers. It was that student from earlier in the infirmary, if she was correct.

It was too hard to see, but from this distance she wasn't moving. Meanwhile, not too far from them, Suzuki seemed to be able to sit up.
'Logically', the unconscious should take priority.

She crouched down again, and used the back of her hand lightly slap at Rikinobu's face continuously. "Oi, Rikinobu-kun. Wake up. Wake up." she said, "Think someone's fainted on the tracks, we should check on her. Maybe you should get off the tracks as well."

Code and art by Killian
Notes

Previously Luki | Twitter Art Blog | Status: Rushing to finish fanart merch (。•́︿•̀。)

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:43 pm

One moment Gran Torino was there, so close to receiving some sweet retribution.
...the next he leaped over Nina's arm and shoved her back forward.

With her momentum betraying her, Nina fell onto the ground, the metal plates while protective, not being quite as comfortable as possible.

Her eyes wide open from the shock of surprise, she could only see a white flash of light even with her back turned to Eimi-chan.
What was going on?!
Nina forced herself upwards, still aching from the fall, as she stared down the now unconscious empty girl and caught a glimpse of Gran Torino as he left her side.

She didn't know what happened. How is this be happening? She asked herself, feeling...
worry.

Was this all because of her, trying to attack the teacher? But he tried to attack her first. Yuri almost took the hit.
What was sensei's purpose behind this... this...
Nina didn't know what to call it.
Was the competition she established between Yuri and herself a bad idea? Maybe if she hadn't used her quirk, everyone would be safe...

Her balance had nearly failed her as Nina rushed over to Boushi-chan. She didn't even notice others' noice of the situation, just... whether or not she was still alive.

Standing an inch away from her, Nina grabbed Eimi by her shoulders as she tried shaking her, trying to get any response out of her.
She tried to speak to her, but couldn't. She tried to wake her up but couldn't.
Getting down on her knees for a better angle, the adrenaline still rushing through her body, Nina could sense the warmth of Eimi's body. While it was no indication of her well-being, Nina was going to keep it that way.

Standing back up, she had to get Eimi away from the area before more damage was done to her.
Not wanting to let her guard down, Nina rushed her feet around Eimi, and if need be bent down for a pass of her fingertips, forming a circle of light onto the ground surrounding Eimi. Through it she'd be able to send her back through one of her portals earlier on the course. It wouldn't be the safest descent, but it would be far enough away from the moron that was their sensei.
If need be, Nina could also leap through it.
If Torino were to try and follow her to whoever's left behind, she'd be able to cut him off.
...hopefully.
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Jhibus aka Shaw

"Fuck your cloud of blueberry lies" - Fang

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 am

Shun's head limply rolled from side to side as he was slapped repeatedly, he slept through it until his cheeks had swollen slightly and turned a brighter shade of red. Finally registering something was happening Shun woke up with a bit of a start, he lifted his head slightly then took in his surroundings before looking at halo girl, "huh?" There was a tired look of confusion on his face as he stared at halo girl briefly. He didn't seem to care too much though as he let his head slump back down as if it was too much effort to keep looking.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:38 am

Suzuki

"No, I'm okay!" she replied. She staggered a bit, giggled, then righted herself.

"I'm okay. See? Okay," the girl insisted, getting the wobbly legs under control. That was a hard hit! But the helmet had managed to protect her, to the point where her head barely hurt at all. She was more dizzy from falling to the ground than from the initial impact, and she didn't even have a concussion!

Well, she probably didn't. Hopefully. Maybe. She waved a hand in front of her face. If she had a concussion, she wouldn't be able to look at her hand right, right? So she just needed to see if her eyes were following.

It took her a few seconds to realize she couldn't look at her own eyes.

"Hey, Chuya, are my eyes wonky?"

Torino

Clever girl.

Eimi let off a flash of light just before impact, and he just barely flung his hands up in time to block the worst it. Still, spots swam in his vision, darkness threatening to creep into the corners. Almost blinded. He scored a hit on her, but at a massive cost to his own wellbeing.

Rubbing his eyes, Torino halted, looking around at the other students. Most hurt, and the rest checking on the hurt. A lesson learned. The teacher clapped his hands, once, twice, the noise echoing across the field.

"Time to stop, kids!" he shouted, words followed by a booming guffaw of laughter. The laughter turned into coughing, and Torino bent over, clutching at his stomach with both arms.

"One moment," he wheezed, again rubbing his eyes and standing straight. "Alright! Tell me, what did you all learn today?"
I think I am a changeling
I was born with little claws instead of nails
and I was pale and barely breathing

I think I am a changeling
I broke the mirror because the me who wasn’t me inside
was shaking, she was seething, she was screaming
-PhemieC

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:27 pm

“Are you sure?” Chuya asked with a concerned cock of the brow as Suzuki wibbled up onto wobbly legs. The other girl waved her hand in front of her eyes, the orbs following the motion, even if it didn’t seem like she could quite focus on them correctly. After a few seconds Suzuki seemed to come to some revelation of some sort and quickly looked up at Chuya.

“Hey, Chuya, are my eyes wonky?" She asked.

“Oh, uh, you look like you have trouble focusing?” Chuya responded, her brow knitting. “I think maybe we should visit the nurse just to be careful? You did crack your helmet after all.”
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:53 pm

As the circle of light held in Eimi, Nina was at full alert. She wasn't ready to battle her sensei, especially not just out of the blue.
While not many were injured, at least not by Torino's hands, it still came as a grand shock to pretty much everyone as far as Nina could tell.

With the flash overcoming everyone around Eimi, the bearded bullet came to a halt. The fight came to a halt.
With a loud shout he stopped the fight, followed by a--

--A LAUGH?!

Sensei laughed his heart out, and then apparently his lungs out too.
And he bent over.
Wow.

Nina's left eye twitched as she bore witness to the presence of someone even dumber than sandwich man.
He finished his grand finale with a question, to which Nina replied.
"Dementia is an ever-looming incurable disease, and old people cough weird."
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Jhibus aka Shaw

"Fuck your cloud of blueberry lies" - Fang

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:41 pm

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Class 1-B | In Hero-Practical Class

Miki turned her head towards the hearty laugh of their teacher, before focusing back onto Rikinobu again, where the latter had murmured something. She turned back down just to see his head dropping back down. Was he actually feeling unwell? Eyebrows furrowing at realizing what she might have missed earlier[1], she held her finger close towards his nose.

With the sprint race seemingly over, she could hear the sounds of speaking better. She didn't hear clearly other than something about the lesson, as she was checking the pulse on RIkinobu's wrist.

Blood pressure is normal as well... he simply is just asleep. She gave a small sigh at the troublesome situation[2], before looking up to see if Gran Torino had further instructions.

Code and art by Killian
Notes
[1] Miki realises that she should have checked Shun's pulse etc first before just concluding that he seemed fine. Basically she feels she's muddled up the order of first aid.

[2] It's hard for Miki gets irritated with someone she just met, but she's definitely not approving either that her words (about Eimi) was being ignored.

Previously Luki | Twitter Art Blog | Status: Rushing to finish fanart merch (。•́︿•̀。)

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:13 am

The sudden clapping from somewhere made its way through the sound of blood rushing in his head. Opening his eyes, Lee tried to find the source of the sound.

"Time to stop, kids!"

The coach. Nobody had displayed powers that altered their voices yet, so it was a safe bet. Even with his dimmed vision, Lee could hear him laughing jovially, eventually descending into a coughing fit. He heard him wheeze, pausing for a moment. "Tell me, what did you all learn today?"

Lee knew his answer even as he heard the question. He glared at the assembly of students. Most of which he'd passed by were now laying around, knocked down and barely getting up. A few students had given their own answers. He spared another glance at Boushiyama, the one who'd blinded him in the first place. After some careful translation and deliberation, he stood up to face his teacher, clearing his throat, and replied. "Be careful of attacks from your own side."

He talked like he had been going on a brisk walk, rather than a full sprint. The perks of a power-loader Quirk, perhaps. His tone was as stilted and formal as ever, barring a little bit of irritation, or maybe even spite worming its way into his voice. It was unclear whether he meant friendly fire, or something more traitorous.
Annasiel wrote:"Started playing Pumped Up Kicks and singing along while chopping shit with a huge knife

I was the only white person in the room"

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:18 am

Gasp!

Eimi woke up with a sharp draw of her breath, followed by a painful fit of coughing and whimpers. Gran Torino kicked her. He kicked her. Not even her father kicks her!

Eimi wanted to say that, but she couldn’t. Her lungs were out of control as Eimi felt the most pain she had ever sustained in her life. She knew going to UA meant getting her ass kicked into shape, but this was still too painful than she would like. Sparkly liquid crept out from the corner of her eyes. It was her tears.

How cruel...

Fortunately, nothing was broken, but Eimi’s going to be sore for a while. She decided to remain on the ground, and try to put her mind away from the pain. Hopefully someone will notice that she was not in shape to walk.
Too busy for the Inn sorry :(