[RP] Just Another Fantasy RP [Annasiel]

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Re: [RP] Just Another Fantasy RP [Annasiel]

Post by Myrn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 am

Mikael

The nudge was on the rougher side and Mikael coughed into a wheeze. Once he had his bearings, he took out the bag of links he had been given along with the collapsible scale he carried from his back pocket. He knelt into a squat and set the scale up for a quick measure with specific weights. As he poured the copper-colored coins, he kept an eye on the balance between the two until it settled in the added weight. It appeared the total count was 350 links more or less just as the man had said.

"About 350 links, I'll have to measure in a proper setting to get the exact count."

As he put everything back, Mikael looked up in time to see Clive near them. Disappointment clear as day on his face, it was enough to bring the face of guilt and shame to the surface. However, it only lasted so long as Ceres had decided to pounce upon Clive.

"Ooof!"

"Cliiiiiiive~ ehee!" Ceres had tackled the large man to the ground in a grand display of strength and dominance. She grinned on top of him with arms still around his neck and giggled mischievously. "Success! I bamboozled you."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 am

Clive

Clive lay on the grass, feigning shock. He'd heard the rustle moments before he was tacked, a rustle he knew by heart, and was fully aware of what he had in store. It was nice to make Ceres feel like she'd gotten the better of him, at least. He liked it when she smiled.

"Hello there," he intoned, voice jovial, but tinged with an air of gravity. He ruffled Ceres' hair, and turned to face the rest of the group. "The farmer was unhappy with our work. Despite what I believed..."

He narrowed his eyes at Agrippa and Mikael.

"...it was not proper to leave the field in such disarray. To atone, I gave the poor man 700 links of our own money, and will be taking us all to the temple for confession come morning."
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 am

Mikael

Mikael flinched as Clive glared at them. It always felt like Clive was an angry bear that had been awoken and he himself was a helpless rabbit. If he dared to run away the bear would attack without mercy for sure. The thought brought a shudder down his spine. So to get away as inconspicuously as possible, Mikael whistled as he sidestepped away from Agrippa and ahead of the group with hands in his pockets all the while nervously sweating of course. He actually stopped mid-step when Clive mentioned that he had atoned by paying the man twice as much as they were paid.

"W-what? 700?" Mikael had to do a bit of calculating to net everyone's loss. That was a decent sized meal for everyone or in other words, lunch for Ceres... As long as it didn't affect their money specifically for staying at the tavern, he could live with that. It was only a matter of perspective. As for the temple visit, there wasn't much he could do about that. Clive had always been some religious nut who needs to save their souls from damnation but it was all hogwash to Mikael. He'll humor the man if it meant having him off his case. "Uh- yeah, sure. The temple."

Mikael waved it off and kept to the road for the next town over, Hohenholm. He recalled the city to be modernized in the technology of applied sciences and alchemy. No doubt it would be a sight to behold.

Ceres

Ceres smiled as Clive ruffled her hair before looking where he did over to her other companions. They looked so very afraid that she turned the other way to see if there was any danger she didn't notice before, all the while keeping her hold on Clive. However, she did not see anything immediately dangerous. She looked up at Clive as he stood with her still clinging on to him.

"Are we in trouble?" she asked with apprehension. She was worried there was an enemy she couldn't see and they did. She'd very much hate to not be able to help in some way.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:10 am

Clive

"Not you," he affirmed, voice switching in an instant to a milder tone. He slid his hands under hers, gently prying her from his neck. "I am disappointed in Agrippa and Mikael for attempting to deceive me, while they knew full well our actions were unsavory."

At that, the large man began to walk off, long legs taking long strides.

"It's a half-mile to Hohenholm," he called over his shoulder. "We best move now if we want to make it before dark."

Agrippa

Agrippa stood in silence as Clive chastised them, face a rictal grimace. It wasn't her fault the farmer's field was wrecked. If the damn groundhogs had just stood still and died like they were supposed to, she wouldn't have had to stab everything. Still, she accepted the critique without a word, only speaking again in a whisper when Clive's back was turned.

"This is all your fault," she hissed sidelong to Mikael, "for letting that illusion go too soon."

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 am

Ceres

"It's a half-mile to Hohenholm," Clive had called. "We best move now if we want to make it before dark."

Good, there was no danger, just trouble that wasn't dangerous. And this time it wasn't her fault! Ceres followed after Clive and attempted to match his pace with her shorter legs. "Hohenholm?" she asked. "What's it like?" Unfortunately, she did not watch the road carefully and easily tripped over herself with the end result being that of a rather large 'Oof.'

"I'm okay."

Mikael

"This is all your fault, for letting that illusion go too soon."

“My fault?” Mikhail huffed, obviously offended. “Well excuse me stabby McGee, but if I recall correctly, it was your fault for upturning the soil with that sword of yours.” he hissed back with a grumble after. “Maybe if you weren't so damn violent we'd keep more of our payments then.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:46 am

Clive

"It's..."

Before he had a chance to explain the intricacies of the nested nation, Ceres decided to reacquaint herself with the ground, forcibly. Clive stifled a chuckle, holding out a hand to pull her to her feet.

"It's quite the trip."

Agrippa

"I'm not violent!" Agrippa seethed, clutching her fingers in a stony fist. "You take that back or I'll fucking bash your face in."

Some time later...

Hohenholm. The Jewel of the Plains, Grand Fiefdom of Fuhrer King Burt, Sovereign Nation by it's own right. It paid taxes to the greater country, of course, but it had its own laws, own culture, and own way of life apart. Buildings, once obviously cottages, loomed above the streets in stacks of haphazard additions ever upward. The paving stones were measured and flat, roads maintained with all the care a city could muster.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:46 am

Mikael

"How about nooo? I'll take it back when you decide to grow up some more and not let your fists do the talking hm?" He would no doubt regret this later tonight. Mikael could already envision the torment Agrippa would lay upon him, and even more so when he slept. Guess he'll have to sleep with one eye open yet again.

-----

With Hohenholm in sight, Mikael's gait had perked up. Upon closer inspection, one could see the great wall that indicated its borders. A pair of officers obviously dressed in militaristic uniform stood stoically. It would seem there were issues for the dark haired man with an obvious merchant cart on getting inside as he was denied entry yet again.

Ceres

At some point within the hours it took to reach the gates of Hohenholm, Ceres had fallen asleep and perfectly napped on Clive's shoulder with a content smile on her face. She only began to stir when the rhythmic steps and sway-like movements had stopped entirely.

"Are we there yet?" she mumbled through a yawn.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:05 am

Clive

"We are," Clive replied gently, lowering the sleepy Ceres to the ground. The wall was larger than he'd remembered. The last time he'd passed through these gates was five years prior, seeking asylum in an enemy's land for his crimes. Tall, menacing blockades of wood and stone, on top of which the sharp-uniformed guards of the Holmi Patrol marched in mechanical synchronization.

He approached the gatekeeper with hands held wide in greeting.

"Hello, good sir! We request passage into your lands," he said amicably. The guard's blue eyes narrowed, peering at each of their faces in turn. At last, he pointed at Agrippa.

"All but her," he said, spitting onto the ground beside him. "Her kind ain't welcome here."

Agrippa

"Ex-fucking-scuse me?" Agrippa said, taking a firm step forward and crossing her arms. "Listen, bitch, I don't know what the fuck you have against... whatever the hell you think I am... but I won't let you use that tone with me."

The guard's eyes widened.

"Schnitzel," he muttered as his hand drifted towards the hilt of his sword.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 am

Ceres

The sleep was rubbed away from her eyes and Ceres could see the grand wall that stretched for miles around. She was very much in awe and waved at the man on top of the wall with a cheesy grin. The guard merely acknowledged her but did not break formation. These guards were serious business! As Clive spoke with the keeper of the gate, the man said they could come in except for Agrippa. Why was that? Was she in trouble with them too? Agrippa being herself didn’t help either…

"Schnitzel," the man had muttered. Ceres had thought it a sneeze and responded with the appropriate response that she held in memory.

“Gesundheit!”

Mikael

For whatever reason, the guard had singled out the short tempered woman. He couldn’t fathom why but knowing the way she is…

“Gentleman, certainly we don’t have to resort to violence over a petty squabble with a woman?” Mikael had stepped in between the two to keep them from tearing each other’s throats out. “I’m sure we can all be civil here and talk things out.” He added whilst staring back at Agrippa to take a hint.

“Now then,” Mikael cleared his throat to take over the situation as diplomatically as possible. “Can we at least inquire why our companion here is denied entry? I understand you have your policies and laws to abide here so please indulge me.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:07 pm

Guardsman Hans

"Gesundheit?!" the uniformed man repeated back, eyes widening. "Lie haus zein schub allenfunschut!"

He drew his sword, panting heavily from rage, eyebrow twitching menacingly. When Mikael spoke, the guard lowered the sword slightly, looking somewhat embarrassed at his overreaction.

"Ah. Um, yes," he muttered, "civility is virtue."

With a sigh, he sheathed the sword.

"We do not accept farmers here. Fuhrer King Burt unlikes their kind."

Clive

At the sound of the name Burt, Clive perked up, the inkling of a smile on his lips. He didn't say anything, but he was obviously invested in the conversation.

Agrippa

"How the fuck- I'm not a farmer!" Agrippa insisted. "I'm a warrior. Look at my giant fucking sword, do farmers carry those? Huh, punk?"