[RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Reznik
Bronze

Re: [RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Post by Reznik » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 am

Niro watched everyone intently. Then after a few more moments he stood and silently began packing his things up, or what little he had for that matter. His bed roll was nothing more than a layer of stuffed fabric which easily fit in his travel bag, and it was the same for the little bit of bandages he had.

Once finished, and now that the food was finished off, he kicked some dirt over the camp fire to snuff it out completely. There was still plenty of day light out for that matter, so maybe he'd make it to town, maybe find a cheap inn to stay at. His attention then turned to the black pot that he had borrowed. He'd be sure to return that as well.

Then as not to be rude to the people around him he merely leaned up against a tree, again watching the exchange between them all. It was obvious two of the group were friends, but the rest not so much. It was at that point he politely nodded at Cass for his compliment.

"I learned from the best..." The pang of guilt struck him again and he couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh. No matter how he tried to move on from that day, the ghosts of the past seemed intent on haunting him. Niro knew his family wouldnt want him grieving over them the way he had, but it couldn't be helped. Shaking his head he just stared off at the ground, lost in his thoughts.

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:27 am

Ceres struggled greatly with the large pig not cooperating with her like the others have had. She pulled and tugged, pushed and shoved and rolled the sleeping mound to the best of her abilities. However, it did not budge with all of her efforts. Just as she was about to give up, she thought for a moment and noted there was another way to handle this. She looked over at Niro who was leaned up against a tree by himself. Perfect! She could get his help, she can trust the nice guy that fed her right?

With a quick glance around, Ceres checked to keep an eye on everyone's positions and movement as she wasn't sure if she could trust any of them yet. That being the case, she swiped her helmet off the ground where she had sat only moments ago. She lowered into a squat in front of Niro and raised a hand to keep her voice from being overheard.

“Hey Mister Niro guy, just between you and me, I don't trust that pig thieving pervert. And I don't know about the others buuuuut.. could the nice Niro guy keep an eye on my pig? I need to get the others if I wanna get paid.”

After Ceres donned her helmet, she left Niro without waiting for an answer and bolted in what could only appear to be a random direction. The only sign that she had left was the fact she had called out to the man a last time.

“Thanks a bunch mister nice Niro guy!”
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 am

“Right, just caught you off guard this time. How did you know where to pull on her armor anyway?” Cilla asked as Cass pulled the spoon out of her mouth and used it to take a bite of the stew. With her food momentarily lost to her, not that there was too much left of it anyway, Cilla rocked back on her heel and crossed her arms over her chest. She watched, with an eyebrow arched, as the man who had offered the stew suddenly was in a flurry of motion breaking camp. Moving on now that his meal was finished she supposed.

“Well, what's the plan going to be then? Looks like we have a rival for the pigs.” Cilla started, pausing as the small woman suddenly rushed past and started talking to Niro. Some addiage was in there about devils and talking about them.

“Now that I finally got a bite to eat I’ll let you drag me around the forest a little longer. It's somewhat fun at least.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 am

At another unimportant branch of the forest...

Goblins.

"I think we're lost! I told you we shouldn't have strayed far off!"

"We're not lost! I promise you, we aren't!"

A pair of red leather skinned Goblins aimlessly wandered the forest floor. Equipped with scattered pieces of dark iron armor; most likely scrapped from the corpses of bandits or a tomb. Loudly, their "armor" clunked and clanged with every stomp. The squawking voices of the pair was very easy to differentiate. It wasn't long until the two goblins came across a peculiar looking pen. Why was it out in the forest? Who's pen was it? And why were there...pigs? The three pigs were bound down didn't seem like they'd be able to break from their bindings any time soon.

"Woah! Free pork!" One of the Goblins cheered out in excitement before running up to the pen. Maw watering, the Goblin drew its crude sword, hacking away at the pen to break in.

"Quick! Grab one and let's take it back to camp!" Sheathing the blade to its side, the Goblin grabbed one of the squealing pigs.

"But what if the person that put them there comes back?" The other goblin asked timidly, glancing all around with even more nerves."And we still don't know how to get back to camp!"

"If we waste time here wondering where the pork came back, they will come back! And have our heads!" Beginning to shuffle away with the pig, it struggled to keep a good grip.

"Now I suggest you hurry up! I'm not gonna get killed because of you! We'll figure out where camp is in the mean time!"

Submissively, the other goblin took a hold of a pig and followed after into the depths of the forest. To where? That may be discovered later...
----

Cass crossed his arms."Y' know Cilla, I think we should try and pull off another job."Seems the competition might be too much for you. If I remember correctly---a tavern was offering some gold for winning a drinking contest. Think you'd be interested?" He glanced over to the other three characters."If you guys would be interested in the opportunity I'd be happy to share." While Cass would normally charge to give out information, he was feeling generous. After being throttled by the small woman, his pride cracked only a tad.

She was gonna pay eventually. How she would? That was left to be decided, and going for vengeance immediately would escape the element of surprise.

"By the way, I didn't properly introduce myself. The name's Cassardis. But everyone just calls me Cass." He waved with his usual nonchalant and goofy mannerism.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:24 pm

"Last experience, eh?" He asked, getting closer. He haven't seen someone so... new, in ages. This was refreshing.
And man oh man did it feel good to exploit. Feeling like the smartest man alive, answering questions like.....
Well, where you work.
Perhaps that was fine of her.
What was interesting, was what she didn't say.
He knew her type. Though, if anything, he was the type. Showing off his ears, Jeso didn't mind being mocked, and didn't consider changing his lifestyle even with the assaults. He was proud of who he was. It was the ruling that had to change.
...Perhaps he could do that from the inside.
That wouldn't be a bad way to help people.

Either way, the woman was interesting. He smiled at her, before glancing at everyone as swiftly as he could.
Quite the characters and personalities.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Kayani let her eyes study each of the colorful characters just a bit away from her. They were... quite the bunch. She wasn't sure if the upbeat man was introducing himself to all of them, but she still lifted her hand in a little wave. But she refrained from giving her own information, unless she were pressed.

"Last experience, eh?"

Suddenly a pale face was /right/ in front of her, sheer inches away. The woman froze, not even leaning back- her eyes widening to dishes as she just blinked at him. Sparkly, shining brown eyes she had.

"Uh- yes. I don't mix well with drinkers, as I don't drink. So-- usually, they find me boring. I guess. Instead I like to dive into a good book even when sitting at the counter, or m-..."

There she was, trailing off again. Once this woman started getting even remotely comfortable, her lips would not stop yapping. And the fellow elf was surprisingly easy to be comfortable with. Even if he was eyeing her up from so close, like she were lifestock to a butcher. But she couldn't help but ask;

"Is there something on my face?" A short pause. "I ate some strips of bacon and those tend to sometimes get between my teeth, especially with the little gap here--" she parted her lips and slid her index-finger along the two front teeth, which were a bit apart from one another. "It's really annoying. So you should tell me if I have something, because otherwise I'll look like an idiot, and th-... Uh yep."

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:18 pm

At said unimportant branch of the forest...

Ceres wanted to make her trip as quick as possible and ran nimbly towards the smell of dampness in the air, the river was her marker to find her pigs. Upon reaching it, she searched for the broken shrub she chased the pig through and turned left at the twisted tree. Past the brambles should be where she left her-

"MY PIGS!?"

Ceres screamed in desperate confusion. It was clear to her that the pigs did not, in fact, get out of their binds since no evidence of rope was left behind. there was no evidence of the pigs getting out on their own which meant one thing. Someone had stolen her payment. Ceres was quick to suspect the pig thief as he was the only one near the pen, and tall enough too, to take them both while she was away. Heck, he tried taking one from right behind her back! And thanks to the other guy, she can't even budge the pig without help. So much for getting today's lunch money... It's all his fault. She'll make him pay for sure.

"Onward my valiant steed! We must enact vengeance on the man who stole your brethren for your kin's sake!" Ceres had taken hold of the only pig left in the pen and released it from the bindings to take a seat on its back. A slap on its rump and a length of rope as her lead, Ceres was on her back to the encampment for sweet sweet vengeance in no time at all. The pig could smell the leftover aroma of the stew from earlier no doubt, as well as Ceres.

----

"Hey pig thief!"

Ceres had entered the fray once more in another show of unconventionalism with a flying kick pinpointed for the square of Cass's back.

"Wha'dya do with my pigs?" she asked him as she took him down once more. A few things crossed her mind as Ceres had successfully pinned Cass. Either this man rarely kept his guard up or at least has reason to believe he doesn't need to have his guard up. Or he was an idiot who doesn't learn from previous squabbles. The last thought was that he was weak but that meant he couldn't have lift two pigs at once... Shit.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:06 am

Niro could only watch in confusion as the girl left him in charge of the pig and took off in a hurry. He was seriously beginning to wonder about the sanity of these people as he listened to everyone, but kept quietly to himself.

Looking around his eyes finally rested on the trail that led off towards town and began wondering if he shouldn't pick up another job. It was at that point that he heard Ceres again, and once again when he saw her, she was flying through the air at Cass.

Shaking his head a bit he just eyed the girl in complete confusion. Then finally he broke his silence.

"Question though....How could he steal your pigs? He's been here the whole time...."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 am

"Hey pig thief!”

Cilla managed to take a step back just before the all too familiar mass of person came flying out of the periphery and right into the middle of Cass’s back. Cilla cringed at the sound of impact, and winced as Cass hit the ground, seemingly quite hard. And she could only watch, quite horrified, as what remained of their shared meal went flying off into the air, the bowl spilling what remains of its contents onto the ground. Her spoon, well that was somewhere and Cilla definitely didn't see where.

“Hey! Hey!” Cilla said, kneeling down next to Cass, poking him to make sure he was actually still alive. He seemed to be, so that was good at least then. “We didn't do anything to your pigs! Don't just run around hitting people like that! You could have just asked without trying to kill him!” She said, sourly.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Post by BenignPandora » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Ruckus. Conmotion. A sharp scream and glass breaking. The loud noise coming from the bar meant only one thing, a bar fight was transcurring, and a big one at that. From the outside could be heard wood cracking, heavy stomps and finally-- A man flew out through front door, falling a few feet away and rolling some more, groaning as he tried to get up but to no avail. After him, another man stepped out, his skin black like ash and noticeable pointed ears; pure white hair falling down his cheeks. His face showed anger, yet seemed pleased as he stared at the downed man. "You should've known better." His words were spoken sloppily yet their pronounciation was right, a great feat for someone in his current condition; drunk.

A few moments earlier.

Laciel stepped inside the structure that a townsfolk had specified was a bar, his bag hanging from his right shoulder close to him. As soon as he made his way inside everyone was quick to turn their gaze at him, an elf of his size drew attention wherever he went after all. The giant man walked near the counter and placed his light bag on top, tapping twice on the surface with a closed hand. "I heard word you're hosting a drinking contest?" His voice was deep, and filled with confidence. "And there's money involved too, aye?" The tender turned to him with a scoff, motioning with his hand to a group of men sitting on a table nearby. "It'll start later, go wait with them."

He laughed, a wide grin remaining on his face as he spoke. "Why don't you start it now? I'll win anyways." His tone was loud enough for the others to hear, the tender raised an eyebrow before scanning Laciel's features. "A bit arrogant, aren't we?" Rebutted the tender. Another laugh left the elf. "I'm just being honest. Come on! Are you scared?" The tender scoffed and signaled to sit down, then went to look for jars to serve beer for the men. Meanwhile, Laciel took his bag and looked for a stool; once found, he pulled it over at the table. There were another five men, all looking at the newcomer and whispering between each other. The tender had arrived with the six jars full of beer, and later dragged a barrel from which to take more.

"Since we have a challenger here, why don't we start already?" Said the tender with a mildly condescending tone, placing a small pouch on the table. "We'll do rounds, the one standing at the end will have the right to take the prize." The pouch didn't seem very heavy, but free money and free booze made up for it. "Round one! Chug!" At the same time, all men began to chug down their respective jars of beer, some struggling but finding their way around finishing it in one lift. After the humans finished, almost at the same time, they noticed the elf laughing, he had finished it in half their time. "Is this really it?" He let his bag fall to the ground and stood from the table, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Are ya' givin' up? This is like milk ta' me!" A man bluffed, froth hanging from his beard. "No, no." Laciel spoke, walking across the table and reaching out to the barrel. "You are." He hit the top, opening a hole from where he could drink, and proceeded to down the barrel by himself. "What the--" The tender's eyes widened, a lot of the people also started turning and expressing their surprise. Some of the liquid splashed out, but most of it was effectively consumed by the man who towered over the rest. After a fairly short amount of time, he slammed the barrel on the table, his expression a solid frown. "Hmph. I win." The tender looked at him, then the money pouch, then his bag; the others did the same.

Laciel noticed this and slowly moved his head, side to side, in disapproval. The first one to reach out was the tender for the money, they one of the contestants for his bag; Laciel gripped the table's edge and flipped it over as response. They lost their balance, but the tender could step away with the money. The ashen skinned elf quickly reached for his bag and pulled it up, putting the straps diagonally across his chest and securing it to his back. His priority now was to retreive his 'prize'. He turned quickly to locate the tender, but was interrupted by a man breaking a jar on his head. As expected, the alcohol had numbed his senses, but turned him more aggressive; he turned and punched the man right on the face, knocking him away. This started a ruckus inside the stablishment, and a huge one at that.

Quickly, Laciel ran towards the counter and searched for the tender, who was trying to hide the money from the elf. "Isn't that mine now?" He asked a rhetorical question. "You cheated!" The human spat his words back while putting the pouch inside his clothes. "You should know better." The elf reached across the counter and pulled the man out with great force, dropping him on the floor. "You don't know who you're--" Before the tender could finish his sentence, a front kick to the chest sent him flying out of the stablishment. Laciel looked at everyone else for a moment, they didn't seem to want a fight with him; then he turned and walked out of the bar. "You should've known better." At this point, the alcohol was taxing his speech.

He checked the body of the man trying to get back to his feet, then pushed him down again after he found the pouch. Laciel emptied the coins on one of his pockets and dropped the empty pouch, walking away from the site.

It wasn't the best way to start his journey around the place, but he was forced to do so, right? It was clear he was the winner.

A few minutes later, walking around as he tried to keep his balance in check, he found a sign about a search. It seems like somebody had lost their pigs, and offered a reward for bringing them back. This interested him not because of the pigs themselves, but any others involved. If somebody is looking for pigs to earn money, then somebody else surely will take this chance to steal that money from them. It was logical, right? Laciel nodded to himself, thinking it was a good idea; both to maybe earn extra money and also beat someone up-- Errr, gain good reputation. It sounds like a plan. So he left off to look around for the place that a pig would run off to, the woods.

After a few minutes walking around the site, and trying not to get lost, he effectively was lost. Maybe the town was close, maybe not; he did have a map, but it was of no use if he didn't know where he was in the first place. The only thing left do to for him was hope and... "Huh?" At that moment, he saw a girl charging somewhere, riding a pig! It was a hilarious sight, but it also meant he found someone and a pig, which made finding any bandits easier. He could become a bodyguard again, but only if he caught up first! He quickly made his way towards the direction the girl went, she seemed very small too, he'd definitely have a chance at being hired.

After running -and stumbling- across the woods, he found the pig on the ground, exhausted. Figures, it isn't a mount after all; but that meant the girl was nearby. He kept moving with haste, stopping only when he saw a small group gathered and the very same girl plummet against a guy and yelling "Hey pig thief!" Bingo! He found a thief already! ... And a group of other people. Were they also bandits? A woman spoke clear enough as he walked near the group. "We didn't do anything to your pigs! Don't just run around hitting people like that! You could have just asked without trying to kill him." So they weren't bandits, or tried to deny it. Either way, he couldn't go back now, he was only a few feet away from the rest and about to speak-- But couldn't find the words.
"A future where you take me far, really far away with you, I think would make me very happy."