Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:38 am

Lyra couldn't help but smile at Azriel's insistence in coming to see her that evening. "As you wish, your grace." Her tone was even yet playful in a way only he would detect. It was a comfort to know she hadn't been forgotten in all of the commotion, not that she could blame him if she had been. Perhaps all she really needed was a wash and some rest, along with a one-on-one meeting with Azriel to ease her troubled heart. So much had happened in so little time that she was amazed she wasn't on the floor in a fetal position.

Lyra nodded as Azriel walked the women to the royal wing, glad to lay eyes on the intricacy and beauty of the castle once more. The walk was silent and quick, stopping at her door before she knew it. The king mentioned a bath and Lyra could almost melt at the word. Nothing sounded better right now. Then Bri began to thank her. She blinked for a moment at the woman Azriel called sister, amazed that she somehow found it in herself to smile after these long ten years. Lyra couldn't help but smile back. "Think nothing of it."

She said good buy to the siblings and slipped inside to find her bath and a maid waiting for her. Thanking the maid, she attempted to send her off but to no avail. The maid insisted on stay and washing Lyra's hair and scrubbing her back. Lyra had little energy to argue, finally agreeing to the maid's request. She quickly slipped out of her clothes and into the tub, sighing deeply as the water came up to her shoulders. It was better than she remembered. The maid undid Lyra's braid, grabbed a small pitcher and began to rinse her hair.

Once Lyra was all clean, the maid helped her out of the tub and into a light, flowy gown the color of sea foam. It clung to her body in place that were still wet and flowed everywhere else, it's short sleeves resting just off her shoulders. She decided to leave her hair down and thanked the maid for all her help, letting her know she was going to rest now. Lyra climbed gingerly into bed, the bath having alleviated some of her sore muscles, and collapsed on top of the down comforter. It was only moments before her eyes felt heavy and the world went black.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 am

Azriel watched Lyra walk into her room, an image of her smile just moments before replaying in his mind. He hadn't seen it throughout their journey back to the castle and now he knew he had done something right. He felt a bit more light as he leads his sister to the room she hadn't been in for years. At the door, Bri's smile disappeared. "Wow...you've changed so much. I suppose that's expected. I don't know who that woman is, I wish I could say I didn't care. But I saw that thing, and I know you wouldn't have taken her to...that place if she didn't play an important role. I just-" Azriel kept watching as Bri stopped talking, "This is the part where you put your hand over my mouth and say 'Stop talking, for the love of all things good, stop talking' and then I would-"

Azriel interrupted her with another hug. He had his own way of dealing with situations and so did his sister. Hers was to ramble on and on until she broke down. He felt her fall limp in his arms, her body shaking with sobs. That was when Azriel noticed the little things: he would feel the ribs through the dress she wore. The dress had permanent dirt stains, the skin on her arms baring small scars and dry. Everything about her was dry except her eyes. Azriel was afraid to hold her any tighter, afraid she might break. He could not explain the feeling he had. What he felt with Lyra, the happiness, it was different. This was a different kind of happiness. One that chased away all the darkness he had to make way for other happiness that would come and stay. His chest felt light, his head the following suit that he thought he might fall over.

"Bri," Azriel pulled her back and fixated his own tearful eyes on her, "You're going to stay in this wing until you get better. Mor will-" Bri's eyes widened as she shook her head, "No, no, now. Not yet. I can't...I haven't...not yet, Azzy. I just need to get myself right first." Azriel caressed his sister's cheek, despising how hollow they were, "No one is blaming you for anything, Bri. We're just glad to have you back." She still refused to see anyone but Azriel for the next few days. Azriel bargained to have the maids tend to her. The two siblings hesitantly parted ways and hours later when the sun had set hours before, Azriel checked on her once more. His eyes were slightly red from the amount of work he'd done without break or food in the span of time. Yet he had a smile like no other as he saw Bri sleeping soundly in her bed. He closed her door then went to Lyra's, several meters away and knocked lightly. She may have been sleeping still and if she was, he would look inside to make sure she was alright then leave to his own room. If she was awake, he would have a conversation with her.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:24 am

Sleep had been everything she needed and more. A dreamless, deep sleep to ease the body and soul. Yet Lyra was sure she heard a faint knocking. Her eyes parted ever so slightly and she hardly stirred as she stared at the door from on the bed where she lay. It was hard to tell how long she had been asleep and yet she didn't care. All she wanted was to sleep more.

Something in her told her she should answer. "Come in." She said softly, yet loud enough to be heard on the other side of the door. Her eyes slowly shut again, enjoying the feeling. A sigh parted her lips, feeling her body relax even more if possible. She could hear the door open and felt someone's presence in the room and so she forced her eyes open again. It was Azriel, coming to see her as promised. All she could manage was a smilesmile, still unmoving from her comfortable position.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:45 am

Azriel heard the faint voice on the other side of the door telling him to come in. He walked in and looked around, his eyes searching for Lyra. He then realized that she was still in bed, recovering from the long trip as his sister was. The king then realized that he had woken her and left any talk of what was bothering her earlier for another time. The sleepy smile that was aimed at him hit its mark, right at his heart. Azriel walked to the edge of her bed and leaned down to met her eyes. He couldn't help but smile in return, because there was something about Lyra that he mimicked. He was happy when she was happy.

His hand found it's way to her head, his hands running through her hair gently and soothingly to lull her back to sleep. "I'm sorry for waking you. I just had to see how you were doing," he spoke softly. His tiredness was forgotten and all he felt was peace as he watched Lyra. He wanted nothing more than to lay there next to her and hold her close. She had to get her rest, however, and he didn't want to have to wake her when he left early in the morning. "I'm glad to see you're resting as you should be. I'll leave you...goodnight," he placed a kiss on her forehead, light and lovingly before retracting his fingers in her hair and standing up.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm

Lyra watched sleepily as Azriel came to her. She gave him a soft spoken hello, her smile deepening as he mimicked her expression. Her thoughts were muddled and foggy, but she was happy he was there. She vaguely heard his apology as she faded in out of consciousness, his caress soothing her. Lyra knew before he said it that he was going to leave. As he said the words her hand reached for his arm, gripping his wrist, a wordless plea for him to stay.

The past six days she spent every moment with the King. He had been so near for most of the trip seeing as they had shared a horse. Although it had only been hours, she missed the closeness. The future was still so unclear and her place in the castle was uncertain. Lyra had no idea if she'd see him less or see him more or if she'd see him at all. Her thumb unconciously drew circles on the skin of his wristwrist, her green eyes opening again to meet his. Three words hung on her tongue, begging to be said, begging to be released, but fear held them back. So she simply stared at him sleepily, wanting him to stay but knowing he couldn't.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:27 pm

Azriel paused when Lyra held his wrist, a silent request for him to stay. Sleeping next to Lyra, there was a big chance he would get so comfortable as to miss his very first meeting in the morning. However, the thought of staying away from Lyra for the night when she herself wanted it led him to remember that he would make himself wake up at the right time if it meant being with Lyra for the night. He silently retracted his hand, took off his shoes, then his shirt and his belt. They were readily available and folded neatly beside the bed as he climbed in.

It was always warm wherever Lyra was, though he knew it was partly because of the covers. The king sank into the bed that was more comfortable than his own and wrapped his arms around the woman hat made it so. Sleep came for him as he spoke softly, "I'll be gone before you wake up," and with a kiss on her shoulder, he was far gone.

Azriel felt the beckoning of sleep as his eyes opened partly. The sight he saw was able to coax him fully awake and causing him to spend a significant amount of time watching Lyra sleep. She was so peaceful and beautiful it was difficult to pull his eyes away and get dressed. There hadn't been much said and he may not have gotten so many hours of sleep, but he felt more awake and more ready to face the say. He caressed Lyra's cheek longingly, then with a sigh he placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll see you soon..." and with that, he was gone. He checked on his sister and found her also sleeping soundly. By the way his morning started Azriel was able to carry on the day with a peaceful mind for the first time since he'd been king.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:16 am

For a moment Lyra's heart sank as Azriel pulled his arm away, fearing he was going to take his leave anyways. Yet she was pleasantly surprised to see him removing his clothing piece by piece until all that was left were his pants. Her eyes began to close again, a smile playing on her lips as she felt his weight shift the bed. Azriel's arms wrapped her in an embrace that echoed throught her body. She felt at peace. She felt at home.

The most comforting thing, besides his touch, was his breath. Lyra could feel and hear it rising and sinking, coaxing her to sleep like waves trying to sink a ship. She grasped to what little consciousness she had left, savoring the feel of it all, the smells, the sounds. She wanted to lock it away in her memory as she had that night in the cave, but her lids became to heavy and Azriel's warmth was so comforting that she slipped into the realm of dreams with her next breathe.

Some time in the morning Lyra felt Azriel stroking her face and then placing a kiss upon her forehead. She shifted in the direction of the King, not opening her eyes, silently wanting more, but he had already gone. The bed suddenly felt so large as she heard him shuffling to put his clothes on and then the soft clunk of the door as it shut behind him. She could still feel his kiss and the tickle of his breath on her face as he whispered. This reassuring feeling allowed her to sleep a while longer, giving her body the recuperation it needed.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:41 am

The day was a tough one, with the king being pulled in all directions. There were so many reports, so many meetings, so many complaints, letters, trials and more. Not only that half of Azriel's mind was on his sister, wondering how she was adjusting, whether she had been stubborn and left her room or stayed to rest like he'd asked of her. He hadn't seen Mor all day to tell the man that the third member of their childhood trio was back after more than ten years. He had sent the man a short note but they were both occupied he hadn't been able to read the late reply. The level of hecticness was new, but the level of calm he approached it is was also new.

The king was busy, yes, but everything was planned accordingly by him so that in a week, he would be caught up everything he'd missed plus the current week's work. It would include many late nights, missed meals and plenty of headaches. But he would take a whole year of it if that was what it took to have Bri back with him. It was also a great relief knowing Lyra had stayed with him. The feeling that burned deep within him to his core he was beginning to accept it. It came with fear, however, and he was not ready to embrace that just yet.

Azriel had a note sent to Lyra around noon so that she would get it now or whenever she woke up. It went a bit along the lines of Good morning, beautiful. My apologies for not being able to give you a message for your sore muscles today, but make sure you continue to rest. You can explore the castle on your own, or ask Bri so you may explore together if she is up for that. A night visit doesn't seem too promising for the way things are looking, but I encourage you to get to know Bri. Your king, Azriel. The ending for him had been a way to remind her that he was hers, although he may not have said it formally, he was hers, wholly.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:36 am

(Bump^^)

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:46 pm

Lyra's eyes fluttered open, the view of the balcony appearing in her vision. A soft wind danced through the room and caressed her face as she slowly sat up in bed, groaning at her body's unwillingness to want to get up for the day. She wasn't sure what time of day it was, nor did she care. Her eyes stared blankly at the distant horizon that appeared just above the balcony, wondering what her life was going to look like now. Would she always be waiting for Azriel to have a spare moment? Would they always meet in the cover of night, hiding their dance from the world? Lyra shook her head, not wanting to think of it any longer, standing up and stretching.

On the low table near the couch she noticed a note with her name written in fanciful letters. She quickly read it and sighed before placing it back on the table. It was unclear whether she wanted to be part of this world. The weight of her silver bracelet and what it meant still weighed on her. She needed answers, she needed things to be resolved. How could she walk around with all this power within her just waiting to be discovered by the wrong person. Lyra quickly dressed in cream colored harem pants and a top of seas foam green. Her skin looked darker in contrast to the colors and it complimented her well. She left her hair wild and curly, falling down to her waist and slipped on some brown flats before walking out the door.

Sheepishly she walked over to Bri's door and stood before it, trying to decide whether she should knock, but something made her think better if it and she walked away. Her footsteps echoed in the large hallways as she wandered around the castle, nodding at any passerby she saw, until she finally came to the place she had been looking for.

As soon as she opened the door, the smell of earth and flora filled her nose, a small smile crossing her lips. The garden was just as beautiful as it had been the day she met Azriel to eat. Like she had before, she took off her shoes and gently walked on the grass going around to the different leaves and flowers, touching and smelling them as she went. The atmosphere had a calming effect on her, gratefully losing herself in the beauty of it all.

Lyra came upon a fallen light blue rose that she gingerly picked up off the ground. She held the delicate bloom I'm her hands, kneeling down to the floor. Her fingers gently touched the silky petals, never having seen a rose this color. Lyra immediately fell in love and so she lay down in the soft grass, holding the flower up in front of her, admiring it as the cloud slowly floated by behind it.