White Privilege

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Shadow101

Re: White Privilege

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 pm

I understand what you are saying. However it is not understandable. You have a choice what you do with that choice is up to you. If you are hungry find a legit way for making money it is that easy.

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:41 pm

I understand what you are saying. However it is not understandable.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 pm

I agree Myrn. You can not blame your surroundings there is always something legal you can do. If not move to better surroundings.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:52 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:48 pm
I agree Myrn. You can not blame your surroundings there is always something legal you can do. If not move to better surroundings.
They can't afford to move.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:53 pm

I legit just copied your first two sentences in irony, I don't think you yourself understand what had happened here.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Have you ever done something you didn't want to do? IE I have said pick weeds and or shovel snow. Manual labor works like a charm or you can just take the easy way out and steal. I understand that it is not ok to break the law just because times are tough I know that. Guess what? If the people who are stealing are white they are also in the wrong and should not be doing under any circumstances is that a little bit clearer.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:12 pm
Have you ever done something you didn't want to do? IE I have said pick weeds and or shovel snow. Manual labor works like a charm or you can just take the easy way out and steal.
These aren't reliable sources of income, and that is even if the person in question is able to find them at all. We are talking about cities and large urban areas, most of those sorts of work are taken care of by the city, or done by contractors. Meaning we end up back at square one.

I understand that it is not ok to break the law just because times are tough I know that.
I'm still not arguing that it is ok to break the law. You are asserting that it is my argument and it still isn't.

Guess what? If the people who are stealing are white they are also in the wrong and should not be doing under any circumstances is that a little bit clearer.
My argument still isn't that crime is ok Shadow.

My argument remains that poverty pushes people to crime as a means to survive and that poverty is the best explanation for the high crime rate you kept waving around. I am not saying that it is a good thing only that it is what is currently happening. Constantly saying that "they shouldn't do that!" doesn't change the fact that it is what they do.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:28 pm

There is no reliable sources of income but stealing is? When I was 17 leaving on my own nothing legal was beneath me. I worked after work to pay my rent if that meant mowing lawn cleaning gutters or what not nothing was to good for me not to do.

Ok but not being able to prosecute them because they are black. And if we do then that's white privilege? I don't get it.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:32 pm

None of that was anything I have said, you have once more completely missed any semblance of my point, you have continued to insinuate that I am fine with crime despite that having nothing to do with my argument, so I'm done.

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 pm

I understand that you are not ok with it. So how does white privilege tie into this?