[GUARD] Headquarters

Serve, protect, sit in a corner and gamble.
Shinigami
Azuria Mod

[GUARD] Headquarters

Post by Shinigami » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Guard HQ

Beyond the stone walls, beyond two guards standing at attention, beyond the reinforced double doors making up the entrance is the main lobby of the city guard. The room is large and rather spacious, with long benches lining the walls. The floor is made from stone carved into square tiles, and in the center of it is a large rug bearing the guard insignia. On either side of the room are two heavy, wooden doors, each with a guard standing in front of them. Toward the back of the room is a large oak desk covered in paperwork, and beyond that is another set of double doors identical to those you just entered.

This is where the action happens. Guard hirings (or firings), bounty payments, mercenary contracts, and unit dispatches. Most people are allowed in this part of the station. ..."Most" meaning those without a warrant out for their arrest. This is also where you will find the request board, which contains all of the active bounties, merc requests, and any other important documents available to non-guard individuals.
Last edited by Shinigami on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Re: [Guard] Headquarters

Post by Shinigami » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Request Board:

In the center of the board is a large sheet of parchment with beautiful handwriting. It reads:

JOIN THE GUARD AND DEFEND YOUR CITY!

As the standing militia of Azuria, the Azuria Guard is always looking for new recruits to aid in maintaining the peace and security of our city and kingdom.

Average payment for a recruit is three silver spears per day. Payment increases with each promotion. See the clerk for more information.

-Rowan Suttrow, Captain of the Guard

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 am

Rowan.

Rowan sighs as he rifles through the paperwork on his desk, sorting it by order of importance. Gods, yesterday was hell. First a woman was murdered, then it turns out that the murderer is a spellcasting corpse that refuses to die, then he finds his second in command incapacitated by a rare spell. What could be worse? The bastard disappears into a shadow and casts some sort of wicked spell on the castle!

And to top it all off, he had gotten reports of a bunch of strange shadow beings terrorizing the festival. Where were his men? He had ordered extra security, but they were nowhere to be found! Oh yes, today was going to be a very long day.

He grumbles, filling out the reports and signing his name on several sheets of paper. By the time he finishes his work, he's already gone through a bottle-and-a-half of ink. Finally; he stands from his desk and straps his sword belt around his waist, slides his helm onto his head, and marches out the door to the streets. He has some investigating to do.

Abraham.

The old soldier waves to Rowan as he leaves the station, and walks over to the desk. With surprising speed, he flips through the piles of paperwork, reading each page carefully before stacking them neatly into organized piles and binding them with cord. He then drops them into the station's outbox and crosses back to the desk, sitting in the chair and waiting for the day to pick up.

As his captain had said, it seemed today would be quite a long day.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:57 am

Ginx scurried on to the main headquarters of the Azuria Guards, pushing open the door to the station and closing it behind him to prevent the cold air from coming through. He turned, fixing his clothing a little bit and patting off his forearms and knees, before putting on his best posture and pose, starting to strut his stuff up to the desk. He stopped before it, watching the soldier behind it flip through the paperwork and staring as he reorganized and bound them up. He didn't speak for a while, simply staring and watching, his eyes following the others motions not unlike an investigative cat.

"... I'm here to be let in to train!" He finally would say, the teen looking on over to the man more properly. "I'm gonna' become a guard!"

Well, might as well be honest with his hopes and intentions, right? There really was no other reason why he was here!

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:14 am

The old man turns his attention to the newcomer, a young Fae, as he comes in, tilting his head quizically as the kid simply stares at him. He was about to ask him if there had been an emergency when the boy suddenly blurts out his intentions, much to Abraham's surprise. This child wants to join the guard? Why, he's just barely out of diapers!

Chuckling to himself, the elderly officer crosses his arms and raises a grey eyebrow at the Fae. "My now, you've sure got some guts! What makes you think I'd let some kid join the guard?" he asks. Without looking, he slips his hand into a desk drawer and produces a registration form, holding it up for Ginx to see. "You do realize that there's no backing out once you join, right?"

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:12 am

Ginx crinkled his nose as the man chuckled, watching as he pulled out a piece of paper for him to look at. He reached for it and tried to take it into hid hands to get a better look, giving the man a squinty eye as he read it over.

"Because I'm the best kid for the job that y'ull ever meet!" He replied, not realizing that 'kid', 'job' and 'guard' didn't logically go together as well as most people liked to perceive.

"I know, I know.. Even better if no one can rip me outta' it.." He mumbled, placing the paper on the counter facing him as he made grabby hands towards the man's features. "I needa' quill, gotta'.. Sign my name and whatever you guys' do around here."

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 am

This kid has no idea what he's doing, Abraham thinks to himself with a displeased sigh. Even worse; he clearly doesn't see the danger involved... Well, he sure could use the discipline. I'll just make sure he gets one of the safer jobs. He pulls a quill from a decorative holder on the desk and hands it to the boy, then pushes a small jar of ink toward him. With a mere glance, anyone could easily tell he wasn't happy about it.

"Be sure that this is what you want, boy," he says, furrowing his brows. "Like I said, you can't quit. The only way out of the guard is by death or formal discharge. Are you okay with this?" With that, he straightens his back and awaits the boy's decision, folding his hands on the desk. His icy blue glare sharpens as he watches him.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:42 am

Ginx accepted the quill, holding it up like it was some sort of exciting relic, before he brought it down into the jar of ink to dip the top. He then brought it onto the paper, scribbling around and marking his name at the allotted area... Adding all sorts of little faces and shapes, a crown, some stars, and even a few dots and swiggles around the curves.

"That sounds good to me~" He said as he continued to doodle around his name, his eccentric and childish nature even younger than his formal age. "I ain't got no where to go but to get married to a square anyway." He finished with one more dot before he held up the quill, reaching forward and trying to wiggle and tickle it at the man's face.

"Hahaha!" He giggled with glee. "Don't look so down in the dumps! Your guardy-ness is about to get ten times more.. Guardy!"

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:32 am

On second thought, he could DEFINITELY use the discipline, he thinks, quickly snatching the quill with a huff. "For starters, a Private, especially one who is a trainee, does not disrespect a Commander!" he barks at the boy, standing and placing the quill in the holder as he does. He then reaches into a drawer and pulls out a neatly-folded brown sash, carefully handing it to Ginx.

"Wear this as I wear mine," he says, gesturing to the gray sash around his waist. "It denotes your rank. Private, in your case; Commander, in mine. You will not earn your armor and sword until you complete your basic training." He then gestures to a long hallway behind him; at the end of it is a set of double doors. "There you will find the training grounds," he says, holding back a chuckle. In the back of his head, he knew the kid was in for it.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:41 am

Ginx reached after the quill instinctively as it was taken from him, his fingers wiggling around for a moment before he pulled back his hand with a huff. "You gave that to me!" He complained. "That should be mine now!" Because that's how Fae logic worked, even if it didn't make the most sense at every opportune moment. Older Fae knew to repress that logic a lot when dealing with the city folk.

His mentality also didn't help with processing the words of 'disrespect', of which he did not recognize any being given. "Why are you so grumpy?" He asked, accepting the sash and starting to tie it around his small waist. "Gee, and I thought we could be buddies and pals. Whatever you say, Mister Commander." He said with a sigh, before peering off towards the long hallway.

He walked around the desk and stopped to stare at it some more, swearing it was getting longer and darker the more he looked at it. "Anyway, you have a nice desk-thing." He offered, starting to head down it as the sound of his feet echoed and bounced off the walls.