Roleplaying Sections

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
TurtleHammer

Re: Roleplaying Sections

Post by TurtleHammer » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:20 am

You know, I would try to argue with you, but I know it's not going to get anywhere.

I mean, if you even actually are Norman Boutin, then you're also a delusional egomaniac, whose incapable of even entertaining the idea of being wrong. Wikipedia agrees.

http://empress-theresa.wikia.com/wiki/N ... nts_page=1

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:27 am

That is Wikia, an open-source, unmoderated conglomerate. Wikipedia is far more reputable.

And, as I said, Norman Boutin is an alias. A creation. You do understand what fake means, yes?
I seek Truth above all means.

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:37 am

You do understand when you are wrong, yes?

Just found these little gems while perusing,
I must say, it should be obvious by now, I didn't realize just how right you are Nate.

"So the author sent me a message on The Reading Obsession (which, by the way, I don't post at anymore), with really bad grammar, asking me to read his book, which, he claimed was better than any classic I could find." - Alisa

And this:

"I only read the free sample chapters on his website.

I'm still pretty sure I overpaid." - Tom K

Oh, but there's more:

"I hardly ever write opinion pieces on this site, but I feel as if something simply must be said regarding Norman Boutin's truly horrible work 'Empress Theresa.' While I would never encourage people to give this author money for his book, I highly suggest checking out the multiple free chapters available on Boutin's site (see the bizarre, rambling description here on the book's Goodreads page for links to said samples). Beyond the cringe-worthy, childish prose and spelling errors lies a veritable mess of a narrative that all serves as a long-winded excuse for the author's gross obsession with a teenage girl and inane religious proselytizing all under the fascinatingly wrong-headed guise of a female empowerment piece. Even more strange is the story surrounding this book's publication and Boutin's penchant for constantly berating and arguing with online critics who dare call out his work for what it is. If you want to experience the worst that the medium of literature has to offer, look no further than 'Empress Theresa.'" - Chad

So, to stay on topic. I think you should make your own thread and find people on your level Nate. Really, I do. I think that would be best.

And god, please, whatever you do Swifty, don't force us to read your garbage book too.
“I'm a sheep wearing wolves' clothing in a pack of wolves.”

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am

I forced no one to read it. You chose to.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 am

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:39 am
I forced no one to read it. You chose to.
No, and you probably didn't write it, either, but if you did, y'know. You wrote it. Which reflects poorly on you.

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:54 am

Your foundation is baseless.

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 am

Okay okay, I just want to state right now that I believe Nathanswift2 when he claims "Theresa Empress".

Why? The writing style matches his,
long winded, dry, pompous and boring (again for measure). His sentences are choppy and while he sets the tone of everything even "the Murdering Grounds" with distinct "clever" vocabulary, (which you can find in the Author's Den thread) his analogies are rather forced and impose less meaning on the action than I think he was attempting.

You'll see this if you read his examples on Goodreads (there's a weblink at the top) or just from his writing on this site.

Also, amazon. Oh amazon.
You are a wonder of wonders.

Nate, for someone who claims to have such an impressive IQ of 149 (more like 14.9), one would think you'd be more clever than to try to review your own book with a higher rating than one.

You seem to have this complex where you think that some day your writing will be the next Ulysses, which was stated in another fake review of many that you wrote for yourself- baseless? Sure, I guess you could say that but... I also have a brain like most-

While you attack the one-stars saying they (most of them) aren't verified purchasers of your book- the better reviews (your reviews, mind you) are also not verified purchasers. You didn't mention that.

Oh but I understand though- It'd be kinda costly buying your own book several times just to be a verified purchaser for a review on your own work, eh?

Here's something, really, I don't even have to try ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Empress-Theresa- ... filter-bar
Last edited by F R O S T on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I'm a sheep wearing wolves' clothing in a pack of wolves.”

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:28 am

Keep them separated.

Like the Colors and Whites must remain separated!!!!!!

For laundry, jeez guys.

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 am

I'm dropping this.

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:03 pm

I'm reading your book because I can and am curious