[RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

AllThatAngst

Re: [RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

Post by AllThatAngst » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:44 am

The soft twinkling sound of raindrops pattering on banana leaves tickled the goddess's eardrums-- for this was her favorite sound of all time. Warmth sprouted in the center of her chest, bubbling to the brim at the sound of these drops. She could feel them leaping onto her skin and running down the length of her shoulders and then arms, raising goosebumps. This was not a dream, but her mind connecting an old memory to the present. The sound of her name on Roy's lips just as pleasant as the forest's warm rain. Her senses warned her of a person hovering above her, groggily she cracked open those heavy lids to reveal sky blue orbs. Lazily her eyes focused on the pale human in front of her, his arm around her with a blanket splayed across her small form. A lopsided smile pulled one side of her mouth up and her eyes fluttered close for a few moments. "You're here..." she sighed breathily, her smile remaining as only soft breaths passed through her lips. She moaned as a soreness resonated in her bones, her muscles heavy with pain. Flinching, a wrinkle appeared on her forehead as she rolled over to her back in order to get her blood moving. "I'm so cold," she complained once more, raising a shaky hand to tug on the roots of her locks. Babs's hand slipped from her mane and tangled into the sheets, inches from Roy. "I'm never cold." she whispered, uncomfortable with the idea. "Will you lay with me... at least until I fall asleep?" Was it too much to ask of the human?

~

A soft gasp pushed through her pouty lips, "What?!" Even with her judgment and perception clouded, Kotori maintained eye contact with Vaughn, waiting for his next move as he maneuvered her into quite the compromising position. Kotori was far from afraid or worried. Unabashed, Kotori blew a strand of hair from her line of vision and waited patiently, "Well?" A perfectly manicured brow quirked into a questionable arch. She watched his eyes soften at the sight of the bruises he had inflicted upon her. This made her roll her eyes and relax her entire body, growing eerily still. "Are you pitying yourself? You are a creature of inhumane nature and yet you feel sorry for yourself. I asked you about your death, own up to your own demise." there was a sharpness in her voice. Her foggy green eyes flickered with something dark and sinister, "I don't plan on repeating myself." Headstrong, she still wanted to know the answer. Kotori was beginning to grow impatient, Vaughn was starting to test his luck.
~What Would Morticia Do?~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:14 am

"Yeah..." Roy awkwardly stretched his fingers, so he could carress her shoulder to comfort her. However, his mind thought nothing of it. That or the pain that his leg was in was heavier on his mind. But the fact that Babs had woken up rested his soul a bit, seeing that he didn't need to explain to the cops why there was a dead girl/ not really human in his house. 'Yeah, I'll leave it at that.' He thought the justification was tolerable than others he'd never admit to. The faint orange glow that stretched from the bathroom helped Roy make out Babs's features better and caught her smile in time before her face contorted in pain. For once, a frown didn't hang on the corners of his mouth, but he was far from a smile. Two parallel lines creased in between his unkempt brows as Babs moved onto her back. Babs complaining and moaning didn't irk a nerve in Roy which was strange cause everything she did mostly annoyed him, but not this time. He didn't understand the emotions he was feeling, but it was uncomfortable to witness the goddess in the state she was in. "Yes, I know." Pulling the blanket to cover her more effectively, he failed to empathize with Babs: the words came out flat and dry. In actuality, he didn't know, but he was trying. He felt like he needed to as if he was guided by an outer force. Roy could hardly move or alter his position because of his leg, so he had no choice but to stay in the bed. "I don't think you could go back to sleep though. You just woke up." Shaking his head, he lifted his hand to take off his glasses, and he felt a small chuckle in his stomach; but he didn't laugh. He was unknowledgeable of gods and goddesses and their biological clocks, but he didn't think she could go back to sleep.

~

A hot rush suddenly pulsed through Vaughn's body and his purple eyes narrowed into slits. "What because of I'm inhumane, I can't be embarrassed by my own death? I can't feel pity?" His tongue was sharp and eager to unleash more of his thoughts, but he refrained. In most cases, he didn't feel embarrassment or pity, but when he was around her, the emotions were easier to come by. Her emerald eyes were brazen and unrelenting, and he groaned; surrendering on his side. He brought his hands back to himself and plopped into his personal space. "Fine, you want to know so badly?" He questioned in an exaggerated manner, almost child-like. "I was running through the woods being hunted like a deer by townspeople. Caught, beaten, shot, then burned to death. Happy now?" He explained his demise cut and dry, agitated.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:42 pm

Babs sighed through her lips as they puckered into a pout, the blanket did not do much for warmth. She needed him, craved the warmth his body provided. Humans were like portable heaters, full of guts and free will. Not only was Roy a warm-blooded human, but he was someone she deeply wanted to share her personal space with. Right now he was being stubborn and would not let her have her way. She of course noticed his pained expression and stiff movements. His leg was rendering him immobile and he was stuck in the bed with her. It would be the perfect timing. Using a decent amount of energy, she flipped herself and plopped down onto his lap. Straddling him, she grabbed each side of his face, her palm on each cheek. "When I heal you, I will easily be able to." she murmured, pressing her thumbs down onto his temples as her eyes began to glow. He could not give much of a fight and she obviously had the upper hand. Would he be mad at her? Yes. Would it leave her to fall unconscious once more? Yes. Could it suck up a decent amount of power she had left? Probably. Was he worth it? Yes. Perhaps she would fix his lungs while she was at it. His health was worth the fight.

~

"Yes, thrive in your inhumanity as you should! Once you stop wallowing in your own defeat, perhaps you can reach your real power and abilities. Why waste time on such trivial matters?" Kotori retorted, her voice rising for the first time in anger. He was getting a new kind of fire out of her, she was slipping because of the wine. She caught herself in the fit and drew a blank expression. He climbed off of her and crawled back into his own bubble, done invading hers. Then at last he told her of his demise, boredom and disappointment was obvious on her face. She sighed loudly and sat up properly on the couch, removing herself from him entirely. Kotori thought it was best to have another drink, maybe something stronger, a little out of character for her. There was some moonshine she had saved, a gift from a coworker that had a pathetic crush. Her coordination was poor and her footwork led her to almost slip, but she found a wall to trail until she was in the kitchen. "What is their reasoning fro murdering you?" she questioned next, deciding to humor his less than entertaining story. "Did you sleep with someone's wife? Daughter? Husband? I wouldn't judge you-- it's a spectrum. Did you steal something? Arson? Murder? Multiple homicides? Rape? Kidnapping? So on and so on..." she rambled to herself, unscrewing the mason jar.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:23 am

"Babs, stop!" Roy's hands reached up to tear her hands off of his face, but it was to no avail. He tried to dismount her by grabbing her waist, but Roy didn't possess the strength to throw her off. "Agh, Babs if you do this I won't forgive you." Trying to wiggle free from beneath her, the effects of her healing already remedied his leg. He felt the blood coursing through the limb again, and his thigh wasn't strained. His cut words seemed to have no effect on the goddess, and he was riled up. The pain that plagued his chest was fading away, and it was getting easier to breathe by the second. Panic set, and he bucked under her with profound strength. The asthma, smoking, his problems they weren't Babs' to strip away from him with her magic abilities. "I said that's enough!" Roy offset the goddess and pinned down her arms; his breath was labored yet his words came out clearer than they ever had in the last decade. He inhaled a trial breath to see if it was true, and the air glided smoothly down his throat. A small cough weakly came through, but he was more or less cured. "What did you do to me?" His voice wavered as tears burned in his wine irises, and anger bubbled in his chest.
His body was foreign to him now.
~

Vaughn held his arm back from pulling Kotori back onto the couch, and he forced himself to stayed glued to the seat cushion when he saw her trip over her feet. He huffed in disbelief when she further questioned him about his death, He thought the purple-haired vixen would be bored after the last confession. Turning to see what she was up to in the kitchen, he bolted up when his eyes zoned in on the jar of alcohol. "Uh yes, I did all of those things. But no more drinks for you, Lightweight." The demon rushed out as snatched the moonshine from her small hand and screwed the container shut again.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:00 pm

The ends of her hair lifted as if a gust of wind entered the room, followed by a tingling sensation within her veins as the magic literally poured through her. Her veins bulged, shining a bright, light green hue. Words of a foreign nature passed through her lips, the syllables unteachable to the human mouth. Her hearing was muffled, for she could not hear the pleas of Roy, all there was was white noise. The noise left her head feeling dangerously light and she felt unsteady, the glowing of her eyes and arms flickered. In this moment of weakness, Roy was able to gain the upper-hand and removed her hands from his temple. The lights that emitted from her flickered once then went out entirely. When Babs opened her eyes they were once again a clear, sky blue-- and watery, the unshed tears blurred her vision. She blinked and the tears fell from the apples of her cheeks and onto Roy. Something was wrong, it was an instinctual feeling, this was only confirmed by the distraught expression on Roy's face.

"Roy..." she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "I-I healed you," she answered, noticing how his voice wavered and his eyes welled up with tears. Once again, she had hurt him. Babs stretched her fingers, subconsciously aware of his stern grip on her arms. "You were hurting and I just wanted you be better." she insisted, wanting to reach out to caress his cheek. "Are you hurting?" she whispered, worried that maybe her powers were out of wack. Her entire body was pulsating, a countdown to the moment where she would collapse.

~

"This is my apartment!" she suddenly shouted, eyes and fists clamped shut. Kotori had the sudden urge to punch him square in the jaw, but she used the little bit of self restraint to stop herself. Dangerously quick, she whirled around to face him, face screwed up in anger. "You do not belong here, intruder. I will do as I please in my apartment because it's mine!" she ranted, two seconds away from stomping her feet like a child. "Now give it you incompetent swine,"the troubled woman had zero patience for being bossed around. If she was in the mood for a little alcohol poisoning then it was her business. Finally, Kotori was fed up, she grew eerily still and peered at him with her emerald eyes. Something inside of her wanted to tear him to shreds, from the inside out, paint the walls with his entrails and then have a party in it. Memories flashed into her mind but this time she did not flinch. Kotori was so tired of being the damaged victim, that was a stereotype she refused to be a part of. Letting out a silent sigh, she blinked once-- the calm before the storm. Raising her foot she stomped it down onto his toes before snapping out her arm to throat-punch the son-of-a-bitch.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:42 pm

"Yes, I am hurting. You never listen to what I want." Roy admitted shamelessly; her reason didn't appeal to him nor was it enough justification for him. 'She's gonna pass out.' Sighing, he looked down at her body pulsating and let go of her wrists, moving off of her with profound ease. He no longer willed himself to lay in bed with the goddess and favored a six-pack instead. Putting on his glasses, he shrugged on his shirt that was draped over the chair to walked over to the convenience store. Buttoning half the shirt, he slipped on his shoes; hand on the door. "Use the blanket. It's really cold tonight." He opened the heavy door and stepped foot into the dark city night. Locking the doors, he went on a mission to put his body through hell and back again. He didn't return until several hours, crashing onto the floor, pungent of alcohol and smoke. He was unsuccessful in restoring his body ailments, and the decade of pain washed away easily like it never existed.

~

Vaughn stretched his arm away farther as the purple haired vixen got riled up. 'I thought I was supposed to be the mad one.' It was interesting to see what alcohol had an effect on mortals, and the light-haired devil irresponsibly challenged the fuming human. He wasn't prepared for what came next, nearly dropping the jar of moonshine. Biting his lip to contain his yelp, he hissed lowly in his throat. It wasn't his first time getting his toes squished by an angry miss. He thought too soon as he lost his breath for a few seconds. 'Bloody hell, she just punched me in my throat!' His other hand reached up to cover his throat. "Are you trying to give me brain damage woman?!" He coughed, setting the alcohol down on the counter. Surrendering, he rested his arms on the counter. Stringing together words was a bit difficult as he bent his head down into his arms, staring at the kitchen tile. "If you wanted to drink more, we could at least drink together." Lifting himself, he uncapped the jar, and the alcohol followed burning his nostrils. "Here, ladies first." He slid the jar to the tempered girl.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:01 am

The room felt ten times colder suddenly, there was a bright spotlight and the world's eyes were on her. It reminded her of the time she created the narwhal and the court of gods verbally abused her in front of a crowd for making such a ridiculous creature. They had insisted that unicorns had no part on Earth so Babs created the next best thing; her abilities of animal creation have been revoked since that incident. She felt collared and beaten, a public embarrassment. Babs always seemed to be reminded of what a piss-poor goddess she was. For it to be constantly asserted that one was a failure at their purpose in life was a gigantic blow to the ego and heart.

So, Babs said nothing, she silently observed, and said nothing. There was nothing she could do. She was helpless and hopeless. Powerless when it came to proving her own worth. Just this once, she did not cry, instead she laid down and succumbed to sleep. It was not blissful or pleasant, it was simply easy and inevitable. Her body slipped into the pools of sleep and sunk into the never-ending depths, washing her form with the sense of rejuvenation. This allowed her body to recollect the power it had used, but not all of it, for she was turning human more quickly than expected.

When Roy came back later that night, reeking of human delights, Babs knew what she had to do. She would have to leave him to enjoy his human life and stop meddling. She would have to fail her mission and perhaps explore the Earth with the few months she had left. Then she would owe her soul to Erynsia, her existence blown to oblivion. Babs could guess that Roy wouldn't miss her. She wanted to leave on a good note so she went over to her dresser and changed into some new clothes, shoving some random items into a grocery bag. Once her shoes were tied she trotted over to his limp body and bent down, grabbing him underneath his armpits and dragging him over to the bed. Asa was tempted to bark, nose overwhelmed with all the new scents he reeked of but Babs was the alpha, so Asa knew better. The goddess plopped him down onto the bed with a huff and scrambled off the bed to his dangling feet in order to remove his shoes. Her senses were still heightened and Lord did he smell. She could practically feel the poison he had ingested, it leaked from his pores. Once he was comfortable and safe in bed, she would leave. "Oh, the blanket," she murmured quietly to herself, her thoughts dripping out loud. Her small hands found the blanket and she threw it over his large form, aiming to cover as much as she could. Once that was that, she paused and placed her palm over his cheek. "It's okay if you don't forgive me, if you ever need some good fortune or luck, then I will just leave a marigold. All you have to do is rub a petal between your fingers and whisper, 'Humanius est cogitationes et actiones'." she whispered, bringing her lips to his ear.

~

"I've taken self defense classes, be thankful it wasn't your prized jewels." she spat, rolling her eyes. Kotori did not even bother to watch him lurch over in pain, her smoky mind was more focused on the pure alcohol he had in hand. "Throw up if you need too, just give me the jar." she ordered, reaching for it again. Kotori was disappointed when he brought it upon himself that they would be sharing. Her emerald eyes wanted to roll themselves into the back of her head. The action made her dizzy and she could not accept the jar at first. She steadied herself by gripping the granite countertops to steady herself. Once she was steadied, she decided to pull herself onto the counter and sit right there, then standing would not be an issue. "Alright then, give it here," she waved over, snatching the jar from his hand. Kotori swirled the jar in order to mix the contents before bringing it to her lips and taking a long sip. When she pulled it away, she coughed and covered her mouth. "Why are you here, demon?" she sighed, holding the jar out for him as her mind grew fuzzier.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:32 am

The sun rose; the entity radiated its light particularly rather strong that morning. The gleaming rays invaded the room through the cheap blinds. For the first night, he didn't wake up in the middle of the night from chest pain or shortness of breath despite previously inhaling a half a pack of cigs and drowning his body with two liters of beer. He woke up from the sun shining in his face; the pounding in his head started kicking in. "Ugh.." He sat up holding his head; waiting for the back pain to start from sleeping on the floor, but it didn't come. That's when he slipped on his glasses and felt the blanket bunched up at his torso. He was in bed. 'I swear...' He turned in the bed; throwing the blanket off of his legs. Last night's anger bubbled to the surface. "Babs, what did I sa..." The bedside was empty, not even an outline of a sleeping form left behind. Roy scratched his head and looked over at the floor if the brown girl was curled up on the ground. "Babs," Nothing, she wasn't there. 'Did she go to work already? Hmph.' Roy pushed off the bed to walk into the bathroom to get ready for work, heading straight to the medicine cabinet for painkillers.

Popping the pills down the hatch, he buttoned his shirt nicely, washed his face, and brushed his teeth. His shoulders felt light and his chest airy. It took him 20 minutes before he was out the door. He gave his little one-room home a quick glance over for anything he could've missed. 'So she's still here.' Spotting the marigold flower on the cluttered table, he shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. He puffed a tired sigh, but as he walked to the bus stop and got off, energy circulated through his body like a drug. Finding a pep in his step, he entered the call center in good spirits. Even his beer-belly supervisor thought something was strange. "Caster, are you on a new diet or sumthin? You look different." Roy didn't fight with ole Al, and he just laughed and carried on taking calls and scheduling appointments. His happy high ended however when he got off the bus at Grandma Rudy's to pick up Babs from work. He squinted his eyes through the display glass; trying to see if Babs was in there. 'What is taking her so long?"

~

Vaughn took the moonshine from her hand and knocked down a shot's amount of the undoubtingly high proof alcohol. The taste attacked his throat, feeling like a couple of hairs sprouted on his chest. Coughing into his elbow, a grimace overtook the demon's face. 'Wow, that's strong.' Yeah, there was no way the human wouldn't have died from alcohol poisoning if he didn't intervene. Tapping his chest a few times, he handed the drink back to her. "I already answered that. I like you, human." Looking up at the mortal, he spoke again. "Or if you mean on this Earth. I answered that too, but I want a second chance at life... And I have to collect sinful souls for that happen." He added the additional information, knowing she'd want more out of him. He made a note for himself: Kotori and alcohol was a bad combination.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:59 pm

"Mama Rudy," Babs called out, carrying a bundle of blankets and sheets, "I'm not really sure how one makes a bed." The elderly woman was allowing the little goddess to stay with her for the time being, refusing to understand and allow Babs to leave the city so suddenly, after all Mama Rudy needed help at the store. "Do I really need all these cloths? Moist dirt is equally comfortable." she questioned, Asa following behind her closely. The store door lit up with its closed sign, however the door remained unlocked to finish cleaning out front. Mama Rudy wanted Babs to clean up the room some and prepare it so that she could bathe and have the room ready, then Babs could finish her work chores.

"Girl, if you don't just do as I say!" Mama Rudy yelled from behind the register, counting the cash. She felt distant eyes and instinctively looked up, noticing Roy peering through her window like a creeper. Her lips immediately pursed into an unimpressed scowl. Slamming the register shut, she stomped towards the door. "Go make the bed and put your clothes away!" she ordered, begrudgingly opening the door but not allowing him inside. Mama Rudy looked him up and down through her thin-framed glasses and quirked a thinly plucked brow. "You," she said with about just as much venom as a viper, "I know I never liked you, and I know you know that I don't like you. So, why is your behind here?" A bony hand was placed on her hip as she waited impatiently for an answer, her silver tongue ready to shut down any bullshit that passed through his lips.

~

Kotori's eyes began to water due to the strength of the alcohol and she blinked repeatedly until it went away. She brought the jar to her lips and her throat constricted. Holding back a gag, she took a short swig and placed the jar on the counter. She was done, the girl hated vomit and refused to empty her stomach, especially in front of Vaughn. She would rather swallow it then give him the entertainment. With a tired sigh she leaned back, using one arm to keep her up, her head on the cabinets. "Come here," she beckoned, tilting her head to the side and looking down at him through her long lashes. "But why are you here, today-- tonight? Why?" she whispered breathlessly, as if she had finished a workout. Kotori had the aching passion to be alone, not under the microscope by a judgmental demon with a raging boner for her. She did not want to jest, tease, or amuse him. Kotori needed time to mourn the best way she knew how, drunk and alone.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 am

Roy could hear voices through the glass front, automatically distinguishing Babs's out of the two. Though it was a no brainer, there were only two people in the flower shop at this hour. It was nightfall: the store was closed. It could be only Babs or Mama Rudy. Goosebumps pimpled his skin, and he shivered from the cold air. "They're closed now. What is she possibly doing?" rubbing his hands together, he cupped his hands around his mouth. He craned his neck at the closed sign, and his fingers went to pull open the door, hearing yelling. "Woah." But he had to step back to keep the door from hitting him in the face, and his neck bent down meet eyes with the flower shop's owner Grandma Rude-- Rudy. He didn't open his mouth until the little old lady finished talking, but he did look past the Nigerian woman's shoulder to peer inside the store. He caught a glance of a fast-moving figure before he heard a small pit-pat-jingle. His wine eyes snapped back to Mama Rudy. "What else am I doing here? I'm picking up Babs from work." The corners of his lips turned into an unpleasant frown.

~

Listening to the drunk human, he shuffled closer to Kotori. Vaughn refolded his arms on the counter, nestling his chin on his forearms as he eyed the jar of pure alcohol, contemplating whether he should have another sip. But he was pulled out of his game of eenie-meenie-miney-moe as questions stormed in his ear. Her emotions were twice as potent to his senses; alcohol being a large part of it. "Considering, I was this close to bleeding out today. I have no doubt that the sinner is gonna be after my most prized possession. And can a man not see his fiancee?" However, he didn't take advantage and worked the situation in his hands. He did the latter of reading into her. "You want me to leave, don't you? And be on your own?" He used his eyes to dig deep into her soul before he was suddenly cut off; like a door was slammed and locked in his face. He removed his stare and rotated the moonshine in his hands on the counter. "I can't do that, but I'll be miserable with you." He tipped the jar to his lips; his insides warmed to the core with the intoxicating dose of spirits. It was enough for an ordinary human to drop dead, and a reaction expected to be full of sputtering and coughing. The demon was composed as he set the near-empty container down. His footing had a slight sway, but he braced himself in front of Kotori. His hands planted firmly on the granite top on each side of the girl. "Confide in me about your demons. Or if I'm one of them, then push me away." Vaughn whispered huskily.