[RP] Doki-Doki Channel: Consumed World

Myrn
Trap Card

Re: [RP] Doki-Doki Channel: Consumed World

Post by Myrn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:41 am

Click. Chu!

The echo of a grenade launcher resounded on the wall of the city outskirts as a large humanoid like mass of swirling darkness kept its pace. A girl dressed in heavy gear continued to launch grenade after grenade as she reloaded the weapon with efficient precision. Explosions one after the other only delayed the large Grimm from reaching the wall but did not stop it completely.

Tch.

She’d have to bring out the big guns for this. Eiko unclipped one of the many assorted frames from her belt and placed it on the floor. She opened a rift that would give her a more direct route to the colossal Grimm and from a different frame, she took out an over-the-shoulder rocket launcher. With the missile launching weapon pointed straight down at the ground where she had placed the rift, the weapon was fired without hesitation.

Upon firing, Eiko never did get the chance to see the damage she had caused as a swarming wall of black had shot back from the very rift she had shot into. It had enveloped not only her weapon but her very self as well. She couldn’t see anything except for the dark that pulled her away. It was almost all too familiar to her, and yet it was not the same. It was far too soon for the King to have made an attempt at consuming this world! Unless..? Eiko was unable to use her abilities at that point and for a brief moment before losing consciousness, she truly believed it to be the end. The King had gotten her while she was unaware. It was another failure.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:04 am

"I doubt the Grimm are thinking about what entrances are proper," Khint said, half-whispering. The sound of the door's hinges dug fresh claws into her head, but she shook them off as best she could. "'s door's as good as any."

She stepped back, clearing the way for the armoured girl to pass and bringing her gun up to cover the entrance. Then she brought it back down. "Less noise, the better," she admonished herself. Needed to think like somebody hunted.

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:37 pm

"Ok, I'm going in."

Haruka held her shield in front of her, and advanced through the door ahead of her party. She kept her stance low in order to not block her friend's line of sight too much, while at the same time planting her feet into the ground at every step.

Her shield quickly took on a golden colour, shining a ray of light into the dark building. She held her sword with her right hand, ready to strike anything that comes her way. Bring it on Grimm.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:48 am

Honoka nodded as the girl confirmed her name. Oddly enough, she seemed to have been acquainted with it.
However, while listening to the girl, Honoka finally had the opportunity to determine the situation she was in, finally feeling somewhat safe.
Her clothes were about the same, only delicately brutalized by her running and squirming about the place.
She glanced down at her palm.
Was that...
She had to convince herself that it wa- Kiy...
No.
No way.
"Th-...The chat?"
Honoka's face grew dimmer as she realized she won't be able to maintain her old facade the way she normally had.
These girls knew.... her.
She shared her worries with them, because she knew they could never do anything to her.
But...
Goddammit...
Her attention was drawn for a final time as Kiyomi addressed her once more.
Her arrival was indeed less than desirable, but what seemed to draw her attention was the blood she coughed up.
"Yes, I'm fine. It's all due to the physical exertion. Didn't quite plan to..." She glanced at the broken for only a moment longer.
Waving her stained hand, Honoka got rid of most of the substance as it fell down, letting her wipe her face before following the same procedure once more.
She looked at Kiyomi before glancing at the rest, passing a thankful smile at her behalf.
"So, we got a plan?"
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:55 am

Leonora

"Ho-no-ka. Honoka. Ono," Leonora mimicked happily, her hands clapping and wings fluttering simultaneously.

She tilted her head, and frowned. If Ono was here, and Kiyomi, and Hotaru, then that meant there were people from three different worlds in this place. Two from one world, two from two others. The existence of both Hotaru and Kiyomi strengthened the possibility that Aki was somewhere out there.

"We find Aki," she explained to Honoka. "She is gone. We must find. This is... much bad place, bad air, dark feel. Not trust. Danger. Not meaningless."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:01 am

Eiki grinned."I like your style." Following behind Haruka but maintaining distance just in case. Both hands were engulfed in erratic purple sparks. Her vision focused in on darkness pass Haruka. If a Grimm were to jump out then Eiki and the others could probably easily dispatch of it. Hopefully. She extended her arm out hand in the shape of a finger gun. The sparks concentrated to her finger tip for a moment. Then a small bolt of lightning shot out, passing Harukas shoulder and into the darkness of the convenience store.

It only lasted about a few meters before disappearing. However the point of the bolt was to reveal anything nearby that could be a threat....

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

"Aki..." Ono repeated, trying to make sense of the situation.
Akane was lost. How many of them were there?
What was going on?
"Aka- Aki, did you see her? Could she use her Wisps to find us?
She was finally not alone. But she was not close to being safe. And neither were everyone else.
Turning her head to the girl who informed her of the mission, Honoka couldn't help but notice her way of speech.
It was...
Unique.
"Leo. My God."
They only talked. Sometimes someone would share an album cover, maybe the occasional picture; but this was mind blowing.
"We'll find her."
We have to.

"I.. What do you remember?" She asked, looking at all the other girls. "Do you recall anything?"
She did. The dark thing. The Grimm. Feeling so weak...
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 am

After a short pause, Takami's response came from behind folded arms. "Hi, Serp. I, uh, assume that bag's got what you need?" She pointed to the backpack on Serp was carrying before turning back to Akane. "And, you were talking about exploring. Were you two going somewhere?" Mentally appending to herself that this was far from as welcoming as that inn, she breathed out a sigh that was equal parts weary and relieved. It felt like forever, following one of the small lights that were now floating around Akane, and the way time, speed and distance didn't quite line up was getting to her.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 am

Akane
Akane bounced on her heels and nodded emphatically when Takami asked if they were going to be exploring. “Yeah! We were going to check out the houses to see if we could find anything!” Aki said, her tail once more swishing happily. “And I think Leo is here somewhere! But my wisps aren’t funding her and that’s weird because my wisps can usually find anything but it looks like they were able to find Serp’s stuff so they are trying! But if we look around we might be able to figure out where we are or what’s happening!”

At the end of the street, a street lamp attempted to flicker on, before going back out again with an electric ‘pop.’

Yume
From the quiver at her hip Yume drew and arrow and notched it before glancing one last time behind her shoulder. An empty, motionless street, save for the flickering light in the distance. She looked back forward as Haruka entered, a shield in hand, followed soon by Eiki, her fingers cracking with energy. Holding her bow to her side aimed towards the ground Yume followed the other two into the building, eyes scanning the dark shapes within.

Eiki fired off a spark into the dark, and in the flash Yume caught momentary shapes. Tall shelves placed in easy rows, each stocked with items in various states of disarray. Overhead was a sign showing the name of what was in the aisle. Nothing moved in the brief bolt of light before the gloom once more swallowed the room.

Yume tightened her grip on her bow, held her breath as she listed for —

Was that silence? Or did she hear a faint scraping in the distance?

Yume pulled in a sharp breath with a wince.

“Let us take it slow and look for medicine, or perhaps a kneesock. Yes?” Yume asked. Her ears straining in the silence searching for noise.

Kiyomi
“I don’t know if we really have a plan or anything,” Kiyomi said, scratching her cheek, “we poked our heads into that factory over there but we didn’t really find much. So I think we were going to follow the street lights.” She flicked a thumb over her shoulder to the rows of unsteady lights which did little to cut into the gloom.

“I’m sure if Aki is here she’ll be able to find us, but until then we best make do with what we can together.” Kiyomi offered with a smile more upbeat than she actually felt. She offered up only a shrug to Ono’s next question. “I don’t really remember much, I was fighting a Grimm, then I woke up on the street over there feeling like I hadn’t moved in forever.”

“Do any of you girls remember anything?” She asked the three others.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 am

Khint stepped into the shop last. She placed her steps carefully, relying on the unreliable feed of painful data her power was still trying to dump into her subconscious. She suspected this wouldn't look half as graceful as her movements usually did when she was focusing on them. She kept her gun up, finger near the trigger-guard--ready for any sign of activity.

Nothing. The girl with the weird hair and the blonde shot light into the room; the sparks sent shadows dancing across the floors and over shelves (and the sudden light sent another bolt of pain through her head), but she couldn't see anything moving in them. And she couldn't hear anything but the crackling of electricity and the pounding of blood in her own ears. Loud as that was, though, there could be a marching band behind her without her knowing. Fuck.
“Let us take it slow and look for medicine, or perhaps a kneesock. Yes?”
"Right," Khint whispered, a little lamely. Splitting up to search seemed like an excellent way to get ambushed by something hungry, though. She'd wait for one of the two people who looked like they'd be anything but useless in close quarters to start moving, then fall in behind them.