[RP][Snowskeeper] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP][Snowskeeper] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Not much of a talker, was she? That wasn’t really all that much of a problem, still it would make for an awkward meal. Or well, perhaps spurred on the same feeling of awkwardness, Khint continued to talk. Mai paused a step or two at the bottom of the stars, letting the gap between them close up, before slipping into the flow of the crowd.

She looked back over her shoulder at Khint, a grin on her lips. “You really should never have let Hitomi anywhere near your stage name, that woman has only the worst ideas and bad puns. She wanted to call me, like, Knight Light or something equally dumb.” She took a hallway leading left which had another staircase descending down, this time with a specific rail line named. “If it bothers you, you can probably raise enough hell, oh! Or demand to rebrand as you have a new partnership, that could work too.”

She waved a hand over her shoulder, “completely up to you, just don’t feel like you have to let her bully you about because you’re new.” Mai winked, “and let me know if you want my help with whatever.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:16 am

"Um..." Khint felt her face flush. She tailed Mai through the press of people all around them. Her hands unclasped, sliding into her jacket's pockets and pulling it around herself a little more tightly.

"It's probably fine," she said, haltingly, as they were pulled onto the train by the crowd's momentum. "The stage name's only important if... uh, people need to use it. Can just--use my ordinary name. To start." She stuck with Mai, falling silent again as the crush of people forced them deeper into the train.

"Did 'Knight Light' inspire 'Neon Paladin'?" Khint asked. She had to repeat herself to be heard; she felt a little sick with this many people surrounding them. This was absurd.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 pm

“Yeah I guess so. I know a lady in the newsroom if you want them to try to use your real name more” Mai said, as she was pushed along by the press of the crowd. When she found a spot, however, she reached up and snagged one of the hanging hand rails, letting the crowd roll around her. “We’ll want to move up some at the next stop, we’re only going like two stations so we don’t want to get stuck away from the door.” Mai said with a smile.

“"Did 'Knight Light' inspire 'Neon Paladin'?" Khint asked, seeming to strain so be heard over the commuters. Mai tipped her weight forward, leaned in a good conspiratorial distance.

“Uh, yeah, I suppose it was,” Mai said with a quick laugh, “it just happened to be the first thing to pop into my head when Hitomi asked if I had any better ideas. Hadn’t really contemplated if ‘Knight Light’ inspired it.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:55 pm
“Yeah I guess so. I know a lady in the newsroom if you want them to try to use your real name more” Mai said, as she was pushed along by the press of the crowd. When she found a spot, however, she reached up and snagged one of the hanging hand rails, letting the crowd roll around her. “We’ll want to move up some at the next stop, we’re only going like two stations so we don’t want to get stuck away from the door.” Mai said with a smile.
"Mm," Khint acknowledged, stretching up to grab a handhold next to Mai's. The wash of people continued to brush past in fits and starts as people down the line found places to stop. Every inch of her body felt rigid.
“"Did 'Knight Light' inspire 'Neon Paladin'?" Khint asked, seeming to strain so be heard over the commuters. Mai tipped her weight forward, leaned in a good conspiratorial distance.
Khint leaned away, slightly, bumping into somebody behind her. "'Scuse me," she mumbled, jerking forward again. Her response was almost inaudible, and to most other people on the train her reactions would have been invisible, but it felt to her like everything was condensing on them. This was the worst. Trains were the worst. Who designed trains? What kind of lunatic came to the conclusion that this was a good idea? Her free hand went into a jacket pocket, where she'd keep her gun on patrol; she balled it up and pushed it against the inside of her coat.
“Uh, yeah, I suppose it was,” Mai said with a quick laugh, “it just happened to be the first thing to pop into my head when Hitomi asked if I had any better ideas. Hadn’t really contemplated if ‘Knight Light’ inspired it.”

"I, um. Free word association," Khint offered. "That is, um." She paused for a half second, scrabbling for some appropriately small-talk-y way to end that phrase. "... a thing."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:31 am

“Free word associate huh?” Mai repeated. Almost automatically her grip on her handhold tightened as the doors slid closed, and she swayed in place as the train started forward. She smiled warmly still, shifting her left foot back and centering her weight between her two legs to hold herself steady. They were unlucky to hit one of the peak travel hours, but still they didn’t have too far to go. And no one had yet elbowed her in the back, so that was a plus!

“I suppose that would make sense for where I got the name,” Mai said with a laugh. “I like it well enough at least, so I’m not complaining too much.” She fell silent for a moment, moving slightly to the rocking of the train car.

“Have any other plans for the rest of the day?” Mai asked.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:12 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:31 am
“Free word association huh?” Mai repeated. Almost automatically her grip on her handhold tightened as the doors slid closed, and she swayed in place as the train started forward. She smiled warmly still, shifting her left foot back and centering her weight between her two legs to hold herself steady. They were unlucky to hit one of the peak travel hours, but still they didn’t have too far to go. And no one had yet elbowed her in the back, so that was a plus!

“I suppose that would make sense for where I got the name,” Mai said with a laugh. “I like it well enough at least, so I’m not complaining too much.” She fell silent for a moment, moving slightly to the rocking of the train car.

“Have any other plans for the rest of the day?” Mai asked.
"I--um..." Patrolling. Did that really count as a plan, though? It was just what one did when one was a Magical Girl. "... No." She paused. "I suppose I should try, um. I should look at practicing--some of this--idol stuff, or whatever, um." It was so much easier to move than it was to speak, sometimes. The way things acted in relation to each other was simple to grasp. Even the way people moved she could predict, once they'd actually begun to move. Sentences, by contrast, were like landed fish. Or snakes. Or--fucking--whatever; something slippery and jumpy and fast.

"This train is, um..." she said, scrambling to find something else to add to the conversation. "Sure is. Fast." Great.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:00 am

Snowskeeper wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:12 am
"I--um..." Patrolling. Did that really count as a plan, though? It was just what one did when one was a Magical Girl. "... No." She paused. "I suppose I should try, um. I should look at practicing--some of this--idol stuff, or whatever, um."
“Oh yeah, you don’t have much of an entertainment background, right?” Mai said, maintaining her smile as the other woman fumbled her way through her plans. Would it be more awkward trying to keep a conversation going, or to just stand around in silence? Khint seemed to be trying to keep the conversation alive at least, so that was something. “I have some links I can send you, if you’d like. You’ll probably learn more from our instructor, but it’ll give you an idea what to expect, right?”
"This train is, um..." she said, scrambling to find something else to add to the conversation. "Sure is. Fast."
“Well, speaking of fast,” Mai said with a grin and a wink. Overhead a calm dial tone played three notes followed by a dispassionate female voice.

“Approaching Shin-Ito Station.” The train slowed to a smooth stop as passengers started to shuffle towards the doors. With a motion for Khint to follow, she joined the push of the crowd. The train doors slid open as the female voice spoke again. “Please watch your step as you disembark the metro, next stop Yambara Station.” Mai stepped off the train, glanced back to make sure she hadn’t lost Khint, before following the flow of the crowd to the exit.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 am

"I, um..." I'd appreciate it if you sent me the links. Not that hard. Mai gestured for her to follow as the exit-the-train message played and the crowd began to move. She hesitated for a moment before following, trying to organize the sentence better. Somebody jostled past her, and then the other girl was gone--lost to the noise and the press.

Fuck. She wasn't lost; she couldn't be more than ten feet away, in this. Khint joined the flow, doing her best to ignore the flood of bodies all around her as they moved. They got off the train, and the crowd thinned out, spread--only to mix in with the crowd that had been waiting on the platform. Khint tried to catch a glimpse of Mai somewhere in the crowd--her weird eyes or her outfit or whatever--but there was nothing; there were only people in suits and streetwear and whatever. She stood no real chance of finding her in this, with all the bodies in the way; there weren't many people shorter than her.

Fucking fantastic job, Khint. You've been her partner for all of three seconds and you've already lost her. That wasn't a useful chain of thought. Maybe if I can make it to the exit before she does...

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:41 am

Unless Khint was very good at changing her clothes quickly, Mai couldn’t help but noticed that her new partner had been replaced by a comparably sized junior high student.

“A-woops.” Mai mumbled as the younger girl caught her eye, followed soon by that awkwardly-long-staring-session which always seemed to happen when someone caught her eye by accident. Mai grinned, winked, and said “they glow in the dark you know.” Before her eyes flicked away and scanned across the various faces all moving towards the exit. Unfortunately, it seemed that picking out a single short girl in a crowd of taller people was a little hard. She clicked her tongue in annoyance as she followed the press of the crowd forward. Was it better to get to the exit and wait? This was rush hour, their chances of missing each other there seemed probably anyway, then what else would work?

Well, didn’t she also have that?

With the liberal application of her shoulder and the words sorry and excuse me Mai cut across the flow of people to a small empty space that formed around a pillar. She flicked her index finger up, and a bright pink light followed the motion as it zipped out over her head. Quickly and efficiently it zipped out the word ‘Khint’ complete with a heart dotting the i. An arrow trailed off the end of her partner’s name, which bent down to point to Mai’s head.

There, no way Khint could miss seeing that.