Mid-Night Stroll [Closed]

Roleplay locations.
The Original

Mid-Night Stroll [Closed]

Post by The Original » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:46 pm

The sweet smell of blood made her nauseous, now. Only because she’d just had her fill. Her victim, a middle aged man yet lived, though writhing like a fish out of the water as he lay perched on a gargoyle overlooking the streets below. Droplets of blood fell to the streets below as he lay on his belly atop the stone statue, like a pig about to be roasted.

Rats gathered around to lick at the puddles of blood, their squeaky noses sniffing and looking up, as if expecting a reward for their presence.

Disgusting!

At first Janice didn’t mind the quiet intrusion of the rats, but the infestation as of late has started getting on her nerves. Didn’t they know the meaning of privacy?! SHE’D LOVE TO BE ALONE IN HER ROOF WITHOUT A RAT POKING THEIR NOSE THROUGH THE MANY CREVICES OF THE MANSION!

Sigh. The Valcorac sure loved them though, and didn’t seem to mind the disgusting nature of them all. Her eyes turned back to the victim of her late-night prowling. He’d soon be dead if she didn’t help. Turning, as taught by Vlad, was something reserved only for someone very special. Was she special? She had no idea. But now that he was dead, she shrugged, that was something she would not know.
“Ah well. I guess you’re just unlucky.” A clawed hand wrapped around his fat neck, snapping it with ease and throwing the corpse over onto the terrace.

A nice warm breeze travelled across the rooftops. Wouldn’t be long before ravenous denizens of the city came and licked the corpse clean. Not a drop of blood or bone would remain once the monsters of Duskburg were done. She jumped from her perch, headed further inland until she reached the old church.

Janice climbed its roofs and sat down to quietly watch the usual human activities, screams, laughs, and an occasional truck that passed by from the main street with the Logo ‘Fang Gang’ on its sides.

“Just another eventless night in Duskburg. YAY.” She spoke in self mockery.

Lord of Nothing

Re: Mid-Night Stroll [Closed]

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 pm

The Bloodwulf sat crouched on the edge of the roof like a watchdog.

Her pets constantly squeaking in her ear and telling to her to look at this thing and that. The fledglings actual eyes tracing whatever moving object came into her line of sight. Ears twitching. Her need for entertainment almost seemingly null and void. She enjoyed company but she had a duty to these people who welcomed her. To watch over them and protect them, over anything else. She didn't quite know or understand why it was that Vas had appointed her as their "protector" at first. But it became clear with time like this, in the quiet night. When she listened to the things people said. Watched from her perch as all of these things had occurred all around her. The children of this church were a symbol. It is that the Varcolac are here to protect you. Like a shepard.

Wolves eat sheep. But so do Shepards.

And this city was like unto a giant pen. A more orderly one. Where people would walk about and do their business as normal. Not having to live in fear of their vampirific overlords. Because to most people they may as well have not existed. No matter how many people they stole into the shadows. Yet, most who were fed on did not die. Criminals were taken and prisons became feeding pens after dark. The homeless of the boomer brigade often gave blood along with their services. And there were all too many starving souls who would give their lives away them in exchange for food, shelter, water and support. All at a fixed rate of course. No matter how many times one was fed on a week. One pint a week. One in a half. Two. They still got the same $1000 every month as they lived in their shitty apartment complexes. And the general people just went on shopping, laughing and eating at restaurants like it was normal.

Gunfire in the distance. Screaming is now for whatever reason silent. The shepards tending to the sheep.

Belle turns now, aware of the visitor's approach. Her hair has seemingly come back as she learned how to grow it out. It however remains ever matted. Like that of a wild dog. She sits in a hoodie, squatted on all fours like an animal. The woman speaks, and Belle looks out to the city a little bit. Her mind retreating back to that night when the police attack. And she charged in. Fur, claws and fang. She was shot, blown up and burned, with the scars to prove it.

"You're a veteran, kid."

"I kinda like the quiet." She says. "Nice n' boring." She commented. It was kind of funny. A part of the reason why she liked being what she was, was due to the freedom she had. Freedom from her parents and from the farm. Able to run away and never go back. The last part didn't change. She didn't wanna go back. Yet all she wanted was to stay in this tiny square. Defend it.

It could get a little bit lonely, being free. At least here, she could choose to where she was bound. Regardless of whether or not Vas assigned here her, she would've stayed.

"You seem in a bad mood tonight." She saw the truck, watching it for a few moments, before her eyes went back to looking over at the horizon. Mom and dad said she had a bad habit of not really lookin' at people when she talked. But she didn't seem to give a damn. Her voice was the same.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

The Original

Post by The Original » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:39 am

"True." The blonde Vampiress nodded at the words of the bloodwulf. Her presence there had neither surprised nor shocked Janice. This was her city and she often surveyed its rooftops, knew about the Orphans and their 'protector'. And while the overlords of the night existed in the shadows, they were masters of the 'sheep' that walked out and about openly without the slightest care or fear, or knowledge of them existing. So was what they were. She'd 'died' more than fourty years ago, after all.

Her name could be found in some dusty old register, filed as one of the many missing persons case that never got solved. She was an unliving now, free, and free to do whatever her heart desired.

The truck made its way towards a werehouse, whose mechanical door parted to let the rear compartment of the truck halfway in, before the ramp was lowered, to allow people to tend to it. Limited human vision won't show you this level of activity or detail, but Janice, like her master, had the ability to see what the shadows saw, and Duskburg was filled to the bring with shadow. While her eyes seemed to be at the people below street, her eyes were everywhere, even on Belle, crouching at the edge of the roof, wearing a hooded jacket.
"You seem in a bad mood tonight."
"I just hate being told to stay in the Castle all the time," As if Vlad didn't have enough servants hired, whose paychecks continued to roll even after he'd died. So why was she asked to stay? But of course she liked being an rebel, and every once a while go out and sunk her teeth into the veins of a still living and breathing man. They weren't the same, the synthetic blood offered by Fang Gang and the blood of living beings. They were not the same! "I like being outside, like you, watching Duskburg from the rooftops and not from the comfort of home where my only source of information are werewolves and rats. That's so fucking entertaining, lemme tell ya."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Soon the truck was far out of sight, and Belle could no longer see it. Her eyes and ears lacking the ability to see through walls at this range. The dark did not impede her vision, but solid objects did. As she spent all of her time listening however, perhaps her insight would grow with use. More then her strength, speed or shapeshifting. Such abilities reserved only for battle. The rats however were practically everywhere. And Belle could peer through their eyes to look. She found her bond with her pets or sometimes as she affectionately called them "babies" increasing.

"I don't like bein' told to stay nowhere neither." She said, her grammar probably able to use some work but hopefully able to get the point across. She was not a fan of being confined against her will.

"Why do you gotta stay in the castle? What do you do there? Whattaya do for fun?" She asked, her head tilting a little bit the same way a dog's does. Though she was a part of a drug cartel, it's inner workings still yet alluded her. What she saw here was what happened on the surface. There were other questions too brewing in her now more engaged.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

The Original

Post by The Original » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 pm

In the darkness of the werehouse, Janice could feel the directed gaze of the rats, or at least a minor presence in them. The Nosferatu had a kind of bond with them. They were quite fond of them and used them for the purpose of intelligence. Janice too, had begun to be able to communicate with and through rats, perhaps this was due to the blood bond between him and Vas? Perhaps it was the presence of Nosferatu awakening one of the dormant genes of Vlad, whose blood now flowed through Janice. It could be that she simply picked up the skill from the Nosferatu. Janice herself had no idea where it came from.
"Why do you gotta stay in the castle? What do you do there? Whattaya do for fun?"
"I dunno. Vlad wanted me taking care of his stupid old castle? Those fucking nobles pester me to no end about it." She referred to the Court of Vampires who sometimes convene at the Castle to discuss about various matters. "What do I do for fun?" Janice laughed to himself at her question. What did she do for fun? Parties? Sex? Drugs? She did a lot of those things when she thought no one was looking or cared what became of the seat of Duskburg, sometimes making enough sound to liven up the whole swamp, keeping its inhabitants entertained.

"Barbecues, Parties~ and sex," Janice had a big grin on her face when she turned to look at Belle, an obvious youngster by her estimation. "And you? Don't imagine you get a lot of fun stuff in a church."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:39 am

Physical appearance was not always an indicator of age for a Nosferatu such as she. In all reality she would remain with this as her default appearance forever. Even if she lived to be a hundred years old, she would still look like a child. The first two things registered as familiar things that did happen on the farm, but when woman mentioned sex. And Belle tilted her head. The word meaningless to her in the sea of known concepts.

"I hate bein' told stuff to do stuff I don't wanna do for reasons that I don't even understand. I wanna do this so I don't mind bein' told to do it so much. And I ain't really...ask." In all reality she hadn't thought about it too much. It was when people brought it up. Maybe it was because she was good at it. Or because the church was important. Perhaps it was because she cared and was closer to them. The people of the church seemed to trust her. But they didn't trust the others all that much.

"Um. I don't really do much. I'm usually up her when everyone is asleep. I watch the city. Listen to it. Watch people sometimes. Maybe I'll think of somethin' else happenin'. Sometimes I'll take the scraps the kids have and feed em to the rats or dogs or cats or crows or pigeons or whatever else comes around. And I'll play with them. People don't usually try much. Nobody really attacks here. During the day hours I'll crawl back inside. Maybe uh, play a game every now and again. See how everyone is..." Belle didn't really ever need much to be happy. No one really told her how to do her job. Might sound uninteresting to the woman.

"What's sex?"
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

The Original

Post by The Original » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:32 am

The fact that she could be a s'lave to the whims of someone without even realizing it made her hate the Valcorac. It made her pity Belle. Did the woman professing freedom truly know it? Or was she just another victim of darker strings and machinations that keep their rival gang in one piece? At least, Vlad, the Xalfli, they didn't impose invisible restrictions. She was bound by blood, but with the full knowledge that she was. It made her 'freedom' that much more meaningful.

And through all the talking, Janice found out this one thing odd. Belle appeared like a broken record, repeating herself over and over again. It would be dumb not to notice the strings of the puppeteer that made her talk. Though of course she was still able to communicate rather well.
"What's sex?"
"It's a human thing," And one of the only pleasures of the night she was able to enjoy from time to time. Having a human form was useful that way. The vampire venom made her sterile like everyone else, of course, rendering the one way of furthering one's liniege being through parasitic means. They were parasites, after all, feeding on humans, hiding in their shadows, using them as much for protection as a means of security. "Though I don't suppose you'd understand." She didn't ask, nor did she know, how the Nosferatu made more of themselves. They were vampires sure, but that was a broad definition, highly unreliable at times. "I was human, once. Unaware of the many eyes and ears that watched me from the shadows. It wasn't until a day that I became a Werewolf's snack did my eyes open to this view of Duskburg. And I will say this, when you forget what exists out of sight as you watch over the people and their blood red pulsing hearts, you begin to see a beautiful world ruled only by delicacies of ones imaginings." And if she listened closely, it was like the heart beat of millions sang in tune, giving the impression of a lively world, flowing and thriving with blood.

As she let her senses take over, her eyes glittered red, her fangs grew large and Belle could see countless eyes look at her from the shadows. Janice had unwillingly used her master's gift over the domain of the shadow, unaware that she actually did, because her attention had been cast over all of Duskburg, because despite sitting on the church's roof, with her feet down over the edge and hands clutching the roof behind her, her being at present could be felt from across Duskburg, in the skies, in the sewers and in the deepest corners of the houses.

Perhaps Janice was to feel sympathy or understand being human, her being so young, but the bloodlust is far too strong and it had long since stripped all humanity from her. So she did not.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:51 am

CRACK

I asked a question.

Perhaps it was ingesting the blood of wolves, bats, leeches, moths, cats and rats. Perhaps cause she had been told that so often. Her abilities after all were very advanced for her age. But the compulsion to crush the rock she was already gripping was too much. She held out of her clawwed hands, dropping the dust to the ground as it blew away. Staring at it with blood red eyes as it blew away with the wind.

You're just like everyone else.

"Old nuff to rip out a man's throat but not to know about other stuff? Fine."

Belle frowned and took after her maker's habit. She drew in a breath of the fresh cold night air, wondering where all her rage go. She thought about to the woman herself but, Belle instinctively knew that the woman would probably win. Like a Lion. She wasn't sure exactly where she stood. And that wasn't really a good way to solve problems either. The thought of not being able to beat her up only seemed to make her even madder.

So instead she stood up for a second and then sat down more like a normal person. Her legs criss-cross apple sauce. Arms crossed in defiance. And eye glowing a dim red.

And then she pouted.

"I was human once too. Also got left for dead by some random stuff. Funny 'nuff. From far away from here. Lived on a farm all my life. Then one day me and my family went on a family trip. One day we were at a stop just picking something up when a bunch of robbers shot us up. I woke up again feelin' and there was while blood all over me from my maker. And that turned me. Traveled with him and some other mutant woman for a while who fed me a lot of blood. Before....she left. And we had a falling out."

More resoundingly bitter memories flood her head. Of Belle fighting with Septimus and then losing.

"Parted ways after that. Been on my own for a while ever since. It was kinda hard. Humans huntin' me at every turn. Don't know what meals easiest. But eventually Vas and his boys met me in some town I cleared out of people. Offered me to come work for him. Exchange for blood. Been here ever since."

Softer memories. Her being at the church. A girl ressurrecting her undead flesh and filling her with a warm. Her arm alive for at least a few moment before becoming whole again. Being shot up with a machine gun. Nearly blown up and killed with an RPG. It was exciting. Better than her boring life on a vast farm she couldn't explore due being suffocated by her parents fear of the unknown.

"It's nice round here. I think. To me anyway"

Still yet, she peered out. Eyes still dimly glowing. Not looking at Janice but out to the city. And beyond.

How many more folk I gotta kill for I prove myself?
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

The Original

Post by The Original » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:12 am

"Hey now...I didn't say that." Janice felt the girl's rising temper, not out of alarm but by virtue of her omnipresence. Standing up from the edge she turned and walked towards the girl, and sat right next to her. Despite her "awakened" state, Janice did not exude any bloodlust or killer instinct that would otherwise lead to an undesired reaction from the girl. "I only mean that...well do you WANT to know about sex? A free spirit like you, I can't hold you from finding out about the world. There are resources available for mortal and immortal alike. Internet? Megazines? TV?" She chose to...approach her personal space with an outstretched hand, meant to put a comforting arm around Belle's shoulders.

Janice listened to bell as she spoke about her own past. Sounded like she had a worse origin story than Janice did, which came as no surprise, really. They weren't called the damned for no reason after all. Though, having heard enough of these stories, and her apparent lack of empathy and human emotions lead to Janice just physically reassuring the girl, while talking in a softer tone. "It IS nice here. And I'm glad you enjoy it here." A safe haven for Belle and Janice and everyone like them.

"A word of advice, though, kid. Don't wait for some prescribed fate to come knocking. If you want something for yourself, have the bravery to charge head on and claim your price. And if something does come your way, make sure you are ready for it." Because Janice saw a longing in those inhuman eyes. As if she waited for something...perhaps someone. And she hated Belle living life like that, isolated within invisible walls of the master that controlled her from the shadow.