My First Pet Rock (Closed)

Roleplay locations.
Drake

My First Pet Rock (Closed)

Post by Drake » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:12 am

Omega-Lad Arcade - Millenium Center
Jasmine's birthday was coming up soon. She was the newest kid on the orphanage, which meant she was the youngest 'sister' of his, and she had quite the difficult time socializing with the other snotheads there. Raymond never was the most amicable presence around the kids, and a great deal of the children there were terrified of his Roadblock persona, partially for the exaggerated vile rumors, yet everything held a bit of truth to it. The ones around his age barely stared him in the face, most likely possessing an acquaintance sent to the hospital by his 'reckless behavior', or merely believing the hoaxes scattered on the neighborhood about the devilish transformation of Roadblock Ray, spurting blood while laughing sadistically. Jasmine, though, was one of the few who didn't judge, warming up to him as they shared their loneliness in silence.

Eventually it was less overbearing and he couldn't bother to ask her to leave anymore, enjoying her often bubbly presence around the house.

Kids are cruel, though, and sticking around him came with a certain price. Which was why, even if there was little left from his monthly allowance, he had spent it all on the arcade to continuously get tickets to trade for the fluffiest stuffed animal they had in the prize session. It wasn't much, but he was certain she'd drown on the soft belly of a teddy bear with a huge smile on her face. Sporting some pretty ordinary clothing, there were still some eyes ogling strangely his way. Unfortunately for him, there wasn't much hiding when it came to the spiky crimson hair and the pointy teeth, it was like wearing you superhero uniform as your standard face. It was quite annoying sometimes, but it had it's benefits. Tables cleared up when he sat down, people didn't trouble him to ask for favors and, most of all, lines leisurely dwindled if he scowled a little.

It was why he went for his fifth repeat on the Strength Check machine. Just a sandbag, modified to better accomodate the evidently superhumane portion of Millenium's populace. So far it had been quite the showing, he managed to beat his last record and was settling down for yet another one. His breath was steady, his stance fluid, hips thrown into the motion, transferring all the body's weight into a single, powerful left fist. The rocky surface smashed against the sandbag, arching it back as fluorescent red lines stack up on the side, bells and trumpets announce his third consecutive record with no interference. Tickets start blowing off the machine, coiling into a mess of paper on the ground before him.

"Yeah, that oughta do it."
Drake was feeling just fine again today.

Lord of Nothing

Re: My First Pet Rock (Closed)

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:27 am

And left and right and right and right and left forward forward and right and left back back left right.
It was a dance. A different type than something like ballet of course. But it was something she much preferred. It was rapid. The beat exciting. Movements simple. Maybe if this were somewhere other than Millenium City, then maybe shed' have gathered something of a crowd. But the idle passerby would probably glance in her direction as they watched her rapidly and flawless movements, thinking something to themselves along the lines of; "She's probably some kind of metahuman."

NICE WORK!!!

Tickets spewed out of the machine, much to Sacha's own smug pleasure. Teeth had shown as ticket after ticket spewed out the machine. Upon the ending, she grabbed the clump of them and gathered into a role. And then with her purse, she rolled them all up and wedged them deep within the pocket. Somewhere between her Glock 18 and newfound rope knife.

However, as she found that while she'd amassed a great amount of tickets, she only had a few tokens left.

I should make them count then.[ Maybe I can get something funny for Kate.

Her eyes scanned the room.

The noise of a sneaker on metal. Some kid had kicked the machine hard enough for it to near leave the ground. Sacha rolled her eyes as she strolled over and waited behind the kid. Watching. Waiting. Her head tilts as she peaks over his shoulder. Eyes follow the movements of the hand, flickering between that and the movements of the claw. Another failure and another kick. Someone who she presumed was the child's mother then walked over and grabbed the kid by the shirt, picking him up and walking off with him. And leaving Sacha free.

Click.

And soon she found herself maneuvering the claw with her tiny fingers. Wiggling it around. Taking her time. Keeping the amount of time in question in mind before she finally pushed that button.

Neat.

Rather than the bear, the claw had grasped an absolutely tiny ball with which she could cash in a code to get her true prize. The biggest bear on the counter. One which almost as tall as she was at some four feet. It had black beady eyes and it's material was surprisingly quality and long lasting. Sadly the only bear in the building.

Huh. I wonder what Kate is gonna think of this.

Probably something sassy. Or something about "Sacha, I'm too grown for that. Just keep it for yourself." The girl walked. Big bear in hand. And then soon looked over as she watched another boy punching a bag.

That machine must run out of tickets pretty quick.

Something else that brought her some degree of pause was the boy. He was familiar, vaguely. Sacha did like to do her research. Being that she was (secretly) kind of sort of maybe a girl with a vigilante criminal alter ego then she liked to know who was who. After a brief moment's analysis, she surmises his power to be something in the realm of durability in particular. With some augmented strength. Encountering him was unlikely though.

A part of her wondered if she should cash in the rest of her tickets now or earn more for an even better reward. There are still prizes to be had after all.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

Drake

Post by Drake » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:46 pm

The job of turning the mess of tickets into an acceptable roll proved to be quite annoying. There were so many spewing out that it soon felt more akin to counting grains of sand on a beach than it felt ordering things. At least young Jasmine would have her huge teddy bear and they could all be happy in some way or another, right? Wrong. As soon as his frowning visage turned away from staring at the floor, he was quick to realize the humongous ball of fluff walking away with a pair of tiny legs underneath it. "You gotta be shitting me." He mumbled, shaking his head. Honestly, he had to make up his mind between knocking the fool who got it out and taking it for himself, which would definitely throw him in a very specific session of criminal activities, or trying the seldom used social skills he wished he could live without for the most part.

Knowing Jasmine, the answer was obvious.

"Yo, Teddy-person!" A boisterous voice breaks through the clicking of the arcade, this quite uncharacteristic figure found himself jogging towards what seemed like a rather... Minuscule child. The best attempt on a smile crossing his lips, which wasn't to say much given the inhumane sharpness of those teeth, more similar to a shark's than a human's. "Hey, listen. I ain't one to do this sorta sh- stuff, y'know? Guy like me, big teddy bears, not really a match, yeah?" He paused, pulling out his own huge assortment of tickets. "Point is, it's the birthday of my little cousin. I wanna get her a big teddy bear, but since I'm broke I came here to try my luck. I can trade ya all my tickets for it." He offered, not really buying his own lies nor his own offer. "Hell, I know tickets ain't enough, you probably wanted this thing too. So, I'll make you one better. All the tickets and a favor, yeah? Just name it, I'll do it. Pleeeeeeease help me out on this one."

He truly did sound like a dumbass, and even though his mind yelled at him to hammer his head open right then and there, in the end, he bet it would be worth the trouble.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:37 am

Just as soon as she looked at the boy, she turned away. So far he hadn't really merited much more than a moment's consideration. A part of her considered it odd as to why her gazed lingered on him at all. Soon she began to head towards the door and leave. Until she heard his voice. Teddy Bear-Girl. It soon became clear in her mind why exactly it was her gazed had fixed on him for so long. He was someone who would approach her with intense interest. This sometimes meant that it was someone who had come with a particular desire to kill her or wreak revenge. Now-a-days, arrest seemed more likely. A few times before, it was for other things. It was instinct to pay attention to those minute details that would be important. Even if why wasn't immediately clear.

"Hm?" She turned around and looked at him.

Here however, the boy had rushed up to her with an interest for the easily earned teddy bear in her hands. Something which in all reality held very little value to her. Indeed, the only reason she got it was just to try to mess with Kate and see how she reacted to having a big snugly bear in her room or something. To the boy however the bear meant something more. As he made his plea, Sacha looked at him with a poker-face. Not responding or interrupting as he spilled his life's story towards her. It was admirable what he wanted to do and likely story. The girl herself could not lie and she liked to think she had a pretty good sense of when people were telling the truth.

The bear was set down, but she didn't exactly say anything. But she did seem to mull this over. Really, if he had just asked for it and traded the tickets, she would have given it to him. But he offered her a favor. And that meant she could do whatever with the boy that she wanted.

"Alright..." She thought carefully about how to word. "I'll give you the toy if....you can beat me." She builds up suspense. Her eyes peruse the arcade, thinking of a series of game with which to challenge the boy. Obviously she wasn't going to be punching a heavybag harder than he was.

She points at the dancing apparatus which she was on just a few moments ago. An invitation for him to step into her world. The girl's face finally giving way to a mischievous and almost seemingly sadistic smile.

"Otherwise you can find another bear."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Drake

Post by Drake » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 am

Raymond truly misinterpreted the capabilities of one's own words when it came to social interactions, some dumbass back at the orphanage was most likely laughing their ass off at his predicament. Perhaps saving more money the next time would be the optimal choice, yet what was he to do? Paying the training fees, the right to utilize the gym, and the occasional proteins needed to supplement his eating habits could cost quite a lot per month, which had him running short on cash without a part-time job. Therefore appealing to more indirect methods of winning decent presents would be the best alternative, the other would be making a present himself, which his skills with flimsy objects already proved to be practically impossible.

So here he was now, digging himself deeper and deeper in a hole he never expected to fall into. The girl was really odd for someone her size, at first it truly seemed as a challenge for a fight, which was both odd and had him questioning just how much others knew of his life. Hopefully not sufficient yet, he had a long path to course before he was satisfied. Being the underdog was always fun, after all. Still, her challenge was rather... Unfortunate. Beating her at one of her toys of choice, one of the loudest and most attractive attractions on the whole arcade, and one of the most likely to bring repercussions in the future.

Many would believe a brick such as himself (quite literally, as well) would be a stiff person. Those people seemed to forget the fundamentals of a good striking art: footwork. Between jumping rope and practicing different patterns of combinations in the ring, Roadblock had acquired an unexpected nimble and light footwork, which added to his unsurmountable striking capabilities meant he was no sitting duck. As a matter of fact, his first challenge to even be trained was to practice dancing of all things.

Oh, it was mortifying.

A step after the other, leading the partner to the position they should be, changing stances as quickly as one swapped footing for disco. Indubitably it would be quite the surprise, however it wouldn't be anything he was not knowledgeable about. The results spoke for themselves, the needless moves upon striking vanished, the positioning improved a hundredfold, the whole flow of combat was much smoother.

Didn't mean he enjoyed any part of it.

This, though, was one of those situations. Faced with an imporbable foe, would he throw the fight or swallow pride and adopt a shamelful, yet triumphant, strategy?

It was like a punch to the gut, his eyebrows cocking in ways that didn't mat the smile plastered on his visage, nor the words spat out of his mouth. "Yeeeeaaah... Fine haha. That's juuuuust fine. Ya wanna go now?"

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:31 am

A worthy opponent!

Sacha smiled almost mischievously at the revelation.. He didn't have any micro-twitch that indicated much in the realm of fear. More so, he seemed humbled. After all, he probably thought her to be one of those girls who did nothing but sat around eating cookies all day and painting her nails...? Then again she did want to paint her nails.

Probably not purple though. That'd give her away too easily.

Focus.

"Sure!"

Her hand was sticking out for him to shake. Soft and fragile. Yet not a single person looking at her was able to catch her her move her hand. "May the best dancer win!"

Her smile turned a bit mischievous. "This shouldn't take too long. I'm sure a boxer like you'll beat me easily." She said, laughing as she leaned down to tighten her shoe laces before she stood on the platform, slid two coins into the machine and stood with her hands ready.

Dance was expression.

"FLAWLESS!""GREAT!" "FLAWLESS!" "PERFECT!" "FLAWLESS!" "PERFECT!" "PERFECT!" "GREAT!" "GREAT!" "FLAWLESS!"

To dance was to be in the right at the right time. With the right rhythm. The music of this game was a little bit different than what she was used to. Less chaotic. More orderly. Amusing in it's own way. The tune Sacha was attuned to were the sounds of war. Of conflict. Where one missed step, meant a bullet to the brain. Where being in the wrong place at the wrong time could mean getting airstriked. Or even something as mundane as a man running at you with a knife tackling you, holding you in place and stabbing you to death as she'd seen.

This was a better place. More forgiving. But Sacha rarely made mistakes. She rarely got hit. She was always in the right place at the right time, unless something forced her not to be. The girl could afford to not use the handle bars, her brief practice allowing her to dance about the screen with whimsy and with movements that weren't at all remotely necessary. Sacha pumped her fists. The girl span and jumped. Some held onto the bars and simply rapidly moved their feet to and fro to set of world records. But that was no fun.

"Hey!" She tapped him, wondering if she could get him to look at her for a moment. The song she had played previously was already memorized to the point that she didn't even need to look at the screen.

"How are you holding up?" She asked with a wry smile.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts