Rp Idea MK I

Need a little help getting your roleplay off the ground? Post it here!
tattered timelines

Rp Idea MK I

Post by tattered timelines » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:32 pm

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Stellaris: Console Edition and it inspired me to make a story which I'd like to RP. . .

This takes place after the human race developed FTL travel and developed star craft to explore the vast unknown. Along the way, they would come to encounter other "alien" species and many paths would come to form: alliances made, planets colonized,factions founded, many wars and battles, and so on and so forth. Eventually, mankind and their newfound friends and enemies soon came to expand their galactic reach.

Nobody wants to waste resources on a galactic war and borders are closely monitored. Though trade exists between factions, most factions tend to stay within their alliance space. In one corner of the galaxy exists a faction of miners and the likes under the name of the Citadel Mining Corporation (CMC), just one small fraction in their federation, serving as the main source for mineral output. Home to many species, the CMC owns the vast majority of the barren worlds which serve as homeworld for their mining facilities while any habital world they can get houses their refineries. The mineral trade is highly profitable, every space faring vessel needing metal for their armor and chasis.

Many CMC owned planets are free havens, sporting mixed races: both human and non human alike with equal opportunities for work. On one such planet, designated Kunka, is vastly "alien" with very few humans living there. Insert Muse A, a human pilot for the CMC transport fleet, one the few humans employed as a pilot for the transport corvettes. Their job is to navigate the hyper lanes to bring the shipment to the client, standard stuff really.

Red flags begin to pop up when the pilot is bought in discreetly and briefed on the ride instead of having to bet on the charter. They were personally requested for this job, serving as the pilot for an almost completely automated ship. Federation rules dictated that high profile ships couldn't be completely automated and required both a living, sentient pilot and an appropriate representative.representative. The fact that this was all to be done discreetly was a red flag in of itself. Next red flag was that the representative was the one to choose Muse A despite A not knowing who it would be until the mission was underway. The biggest red flag, however, was that the contents of the cargo bay were sealed away and listed as classified even to the representative. . .

That's all I have so far for the story. If anyone is interested, my DMs are always open. I'm not too picky as far as styles go and I'm always open to new ideas. Questions, comments, concerns? You know where to find me. Thank you, and have a nice day.