A Lethe-l Encounter (?)

Roleplay locations.
Lord of Nothing

A Lethe-l Encounter (?)

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:43 am

Solar City

Are you sure about this sis? I don't like the thought about you doing this unarmed.

The girl sat with one leg crossed atop the other. She applied a bit of powder in order to mask her skin tone and ethnicity entirely, making the girl paler and more ghostly. The mask went on after. This was followed by the rest of her suit. A few of the Type I Ballistic plates, about enough to protect from a few handgun rounds were applied as per usual. But the girl wasn't too heavily armored. Today she had forsaken the gun holsters and kept the utility belt. And there was a small modicum of unease from that.

With Guns, she was the Grim Reaper. Without weapons? She was...just a little girl.

A fast one.

Big Brother did not approve. It was quite the risk to take. But she was determined to do it. So if she was going to do it, then she'd do it right. There were several escape routes she'd mapped throughout the day. Numerous unorthodox paths that denied police the ability to follow her. So if push came to shove, she would run.

Are you ready?

He asked her. And she nodded. She felt him, take her hand and give it a squeeze. And then she looked up. He was there. For all intents and purposes, her deceased brother was her twin. He had her olive colored skin, darkly colored hair and her blue eyes. He was of Russian descent, as she was. It was an easy image for her to fabricate. He looked like a male version her. But she remembered him as dirty looking. His clothes were tattered shorts, a T-Shirt and beat up sneakers. Because he never made it with her. So she couldn't really imagine him differently.

He backed up. And started to run. And she ran after.

The he ran up a wall, ascending some twelve feet to grasp a pipe, and she imitated this motion. She felt her tiny yet incredibly strong fingers hold up her entire body. Before she scaled the pipe as though it were a tree. The souls of her shoes gripping into the concrete. And then she was running again. Taking no pause as she ran the route, jumping rooftop to rooftop. Her body carefully balanced, as she ran across wire to wire. The people who went about their lives overall none the wiser as she made her way to the not too far off Sanderson resident.

Looking down, a singular car drove by. A person too. Then with a jump, she left the building, falling down some three stories as she broke her otherwise leg break fall with a skilfull roll. She watch the proceeded to run across the street and hopped the fence into a random persons yard.

RUFF RUFF RUFF, Barking, accompanied by the jingling of a collar. A small dog ran after her. Only for it's body to fly forward with it's head remaining in place with a whimper, the small animal kept in place by a chain. "Sorry doggy!" Spoken as she hops the fence into the next yard. And from there it's a sprint. Sacha was careful not stop in any gardens or knock over any gnomes. She also steered clear of a bunch of people having loud party and slamming down some beers. Until finally, she was to ascend the rooftop of a two story home from a well planned out vantage point.

One from which she could watch the Sanderson residence.

She laid prone, her black cape draping over her bright purple uniform and allowing it to blend in with the night.

From her utility belt, she pulls a small plastic vile of chloroform. Unlike with the movies, the use of the substance wouldn't be so violent as holding a napkin up to somebody's face and expecting them to pass out in seconds. Nothing so dramatic. Instead, she could just sprinkle it on her pillow as she slept. She looks to her left. And her brother is laying there. Looking around. As his gaze wanders over, to her, he looks at her. And says nothing. He just looks back at Kelly.

Well she's still here.

She remembers watching Mister Daemon leaving. He looked mad. He walked in and told them all what they needed to do. Asked to speak with the parents. And of course dismissed Kelly's attempt at being mature. The parent argument. Of course. Kelly didn't have a right to choose what she wanted to do.

Sacha looked at the bottle of chloroform again. And sighed. Before put it away. Kelly left the room for some reason. And that was her reason to survive.

She's a nice girl.

She dropped down to window sill and then let go for a soft landing on the grass. Her body moved with a lack of weight to it. Quietly, she unlocked the door to their house with a forged copy she picked up one time on the way to her job.

The door opens nearly noiselessly. Too far away for most people to pick up on it. Study of their habits made it easy for her to map what they were doing. To be in the right place at the right time. In this instance it was to quietly walk up the staircase and appear in her room. She looked at Kelly's pillow.

And she sighed.

The instant Kelly walks back into the room, the door quietly shuts. And Lethe would appear from behind it and rather gently place her hand over Kelly's mouth. And then hope that she didn't scream.

"Sssssshhhhhhhhh" She said, pushing her finger against his lips.

After a few moments, she would let go. And back away to the other side of the room with her hands hands behind behind her back.

"Do you...know who I am?"
Last edited by Lord of Nothing on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Gun Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: A Lethe-l Encounter

Post by illirica » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:05 am

She'd calmed down, after a while. She'd gone back downstairs, and talked to her parents, who were legit pretty understanding about the whole thing and, like, weren't going to make her move. It was enough to make her settle down a bit, enough that she could start thinking about other stuff.

Mr. Flint wasn't entirely wrong that danger could be a concern. She'd have to... think about that. Take steps or something. She didn't know exactly what steps to take, but she knew where to start - with calling for help. Ms. Xae would have been the right person to call, but she wasn't here any more... but Luna wouldn't be bad, either. She'd have some ideas.

Kelly headed up to her room, phone in hand, more confident now that she had a plan on what to do with all of this weirdness. She was looking ahead, to the future - which was why it was a bit of a surprise when the door closed behind her. Kelly turned quickly, and was a bit surprised to find that there was an intruder there - and that the intruder was like... a tiny girl.

Wow, she'd be great as a flyer on the cheer squad.

That was maybe, like, not the best thought to be having. The girl didn't seem to be armed, though, which... which Kelly was at least aware enough to know didn't necessarily mean anything, given how people could be these days. And she had purple hair.

Yeah, that wasn't exactly a helpful thought either. Did Kelly know who she was?

"I mean, I could, like, guess, but... it'd probably be faster if you just tell me?"

Lord of Nothing

Re: A Lethe-l Encounter(?)

Post by Lord of Nothing » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:21 am

There was a bit of apprehension in the room. A tensity that existed in Sacha. Just a several minutes ago, she had considered sprinkling a little bit of chloroform on the girl's pillow. And then promptly carrying her out.

But then that almost...immediately poofed when Kelly looked at her and seemingly had no idea. She was also surprisingly calm about the entire thing. Her thoughts seemed to generally be of....other things. The girl looked rather lost, admittedly. Honestly, it was adorable to Sacha in a way that made her feel terrible for what she considered doing. And for what may yet happen in the future.

"I was uh, sent by Arin. To deal with Stygian Moth."

She...genuinely let her guard down. Kelly seemed like a genuinely nice person. And unlike before, she didn't have to go about this in a way that necessarily as ugly as what she'd done in the past. And yet something about it felt...wrong. It felt hard. It was something she hadn't felt in some time. She could have practically turned off any inhibitions she had in doing what she had done before. Looking down. She clasped her hands behind her back and raised her leg to swivel the tip of her foot against the ground, thinking of how exactly she wanted to word it.

"...And I think you can help me with that. So I came by to ask you to assist me with that."

Kelly is really heavy anyway. Well, not in that way but she was bigger than Sacha. Who was strong enough to carry her. But not quite strong enough to parkour over fences or anything like that. It would suck.

"You might wanna sit down for this."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Gun Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: A Lethe-l Encounter (?)

Post by illirica » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm

"Oh."

There were a lot of layers on that oh. On the one hand, if the girl were sent by Arin, that was... that was good. That meant he wanted to see her, right?

On the other hand, Mr. Flint had, like, just warned her about getting targeted, and this was definitely weird timing. If the girl had been totally on the up and up, skulking around in Kelly's bedroom was kind of a weird way to go about it.

On the other hand, some people were just kinda weird, weren't they? And it was best not to judge.

And on the other hand, what did Arin even remember about Stygian Moth? Did he remember? Because last time he totally didn't, and if he did remember stuff now, then maybe he could remember she had a phone and he could, like, call her and not send a teenage girl to infiltrate Kelly's house?

But on the... okay, seriously, that was enough hands, it was gonna be like a jazz chorus in here in a minute, for Pete's sake.

Sitting down was probably a good idea. "Yeah, you're right," Kelly said, brightly cheerful, "Let's go down to the kitchen. Where my parents are. I can introduce you, you know, like, after you tell me your name - wow, that was awkward, my bad - and, uh... do you want a milkshake or something?"

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Lethe shakes her head as she walks a bit closer, holding out her gloved palms in a pushing motion. She doesn't force her to sit. But she tries to get the girl to sit down on the bed.

"Please don't tell them. I'm sorry...No offense. But If I wanted to meet your parents and tell you my name, I would have shown up at your front door. And probably wouldn't be wearing a costume Maybe after this whole thing is over. I don't know. For now, just call me Lethe. Just let me explain please. And...tell me what you think of it. It's gonna sound really crazy. But I don't lie."

She scratches the back of her head a bit awkwardly. This would be a hard thing to ask.

"So, Arin wants Stygian Moth dead.I owe Arin for this.... So basically I tried to align myself with Stygian and he will take my help. But he doesn't trust me yet. He basically wants me to harass you and harass the entire team you guys once had. I wanna lure him out. And to do that and get him to come out."

She starts to pace. Her voice was low so that nobody would hear her. She already had plans to just jump out of the window or hide under the bed if someone just so happened to wander in.

"I don't...know you really. This is my first time talking to you. But I know a little bit about you. I know that you have been through alot. And that this probably goes everything people have been telling you. But I want to help me bait Stygian Moth out. I guess the reason as to why you might want to chance doing this is that well..."

Kelly herself needed a motive. This much Sacha knew. And there was a value she felt, in telling the truth. Her brother had always done well to teach her the merits of virtue. To be truthful was to be trusted. To have weight in your words and to give them power. To lay a strong foundation. Promises must always be kept. He never made promises he couldn't keep. He never told her "we are going to get out of this" when they were getting shot at. But he laughed in the face of danger none the less.

"Mr. Daemon....or Mr. Flint talked about me before. About me being an assassin. I don't wanna kill anymore. I....I like it. But it's not right. I've been to horrible places. I've seen some very bad things. And I will tell you that no matter what any edgy superhero says, killing every villain you come across won't solve all your problems. It won't make everything better. But I don't want to go back on my word."

She thought back on the constant wars. The power struggles. The cycles of revenge. You kill a man who has done wrong. Sometimes the idea dies with him. Other times, it sits in the hearts and minds of others and causes them to take up his cause. Perpetual civil wars plague the worst parts of the world for this reason.

"I haven't told anyone this. Not Arin. Not Stygian. But I have a plan that might let us take him alive. Give him a chance, at least. He is strange. But he doesn't want to kill you or anyone. It makes me think he deserves to be locked up. He needs to be punished. But if I take him alive and bring him to Arin then well...maybe you can talk to him. Arin I mean."

She clasped her hands earnestly, looking at her with a certain conviction. One which was intertwined with what some may call her insanity. Her derangements. But she felt they were convictions none the less.

Please don't make me take you.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Gun Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Kelly did the unthinkable for a few minutes, and was... quiet. Just listening. Letting the new girl lay out the story, all the plans, all the ideas. They were totally bonkers, but it wasn't exactly the first time Kelly had been involved in something totally bonkers, was it? And Lethe was right about a lot of things. And she was wrong about some things, too.

"You're wrong about Stygian Moth." Kind of a weird first thing to say, after all that, but there it was. "The part where he doesn't want to kill anyone. I was there when he took Arin, Lethe. Arin killed all of Mr. Flint's men, under Stygian Moth's influence. Stygian Moth could have given him the ability to shoot something like that containment foam stuff that they have up in Assurance, but he didn't - because he didn't care how many people he made Arin kill. And... there was me. I baited him last summer, because... because Arin went away, and I was worried that Stygian Moth would hurt him again, so I let him in and tried to hold him, so he couldn't have Arin. I don't know if it worked. I don't know how well it worked. But I remember really thinking it was a great idea just to jump off a building while I was under his influence. That's not what someone does when they don't want to kill someone."

She might have just met Lethe, but she didn't want the purple-haired girl underestimating her opponent's ...lethality? Oh, wait, I just got that reference. Well, that was kinda... weird, but okay. And Lethe had gone and admitted to the whole assassin thing. Maybe she needed a new name or something when all this was done? Something like... Violet? Violet was dumb. No, wait, this whole train of thought was dumb. Figure that out later.

Kelly didn't sit down - she wasn't exactly real good with the sitting down thing. Instead she paced, which she didn't have much space for in her bedroom, but she made it work. "I still don't condone killing people - even him - but I don't... I don't want to underestimate him. And..." she hesitated, "...And if it comes to it, I... I'm not the one to make that decision. But I'd trust someone else to. And I wouldn't stand in the way."

Deep breath. Forgiveness. "Mr. Flint's been kinda a jerk today, but he's... he's really good at this sort of decision. And he's with SOS, and they have that space prison out there. That could hold Stygian Moth, if he lives. Arin - I l-ike Arin, but, um, he's... he's not really good at this sort of choice."

Especially if he already wanted Stygian Moth dead. "So here's what we do. I'll help you. But we're turning Stygian Moth over to Mr. Flint. Not to Arin. He can be mad at me if he wants, but... I won't send him someone else he thinks he has to kill. He's done enough killing. I don't want him to feel like he has to do it again."

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:09 pm

"....Well that's new. Glad I talked to you first before I just went off a bunch of internet articles."

Sacha stopped. And thought to herself about this. Boy, she really must look dumb. All this research she conducted, and as it turned out, Kelly was shedding a lot of light on the situation. Things were happening so fast and in reality, she was just winging it at the moment and hoping this all worked. The thought of turning in Stygian Moth to Mr. Daemon had it's appeal. And maybe with this new information, maybe Stygian Moth was truly too dangerous to be allowed to live. And maybe he was beyond redemption. Beyond reformation. Perhaps the best idea was to kill him and allow the afterlife to purify his wretched soul.

For the first time in her life she didn't know. She looked at her brother. Sitting in the corner. And in all reality, he didn't really have that much to say. One solution was breaking a promise. The other was endangering her life.

"If he doesn't. Then he'll kill me. I'm afraid I have to turn him into Arin. But if Axiom were to be tipped off to me handing him off...then maybe he can intervene."

She pauses.

"Then Arin can turn Axiom into a wet smear on the wall. Ugh!" They had that in common. Pacing. Lethe dragged her hands down her face in frustration, sighing as she cupped her arms in front of her. "Unless....Arin comes here."

She remembers something.

"You're dismissed... both of you. If you could, get someone down there to check out how he got in. And Styx, time isn't a resource we have much of now. This was good work, but we need more. If you can't get Stygian yourself, then just get me a location... we'll take care of the rest from there."

She slams her fist onto her palm. And if a light bulb could appear over her head, it would've.

"I have to summon Arin. And then we have to get Moth to come out. Mister Flint is looking for him too. If maybe, they all meet at the same time."

She thinks.

"I'm not gonna lie to you and say that everything will be alright. I really know don't know what would happen after that. But we can try our best to alter the outcome. I probably won't be able to talk much. So I think that ultimately a lot of it might fall on you with how you talk to Arin. So....that might fall on you. Last time I showed him a picture of you, he flipped out. He knew you. I could see it. But he didn't seem like he remembered you." Her expression looks a little stern, as she thinks about when he snarled at her. And then when he threw Mister Daemon into the ceiling.

"I...would expect him to do the same thing here. But the city's power dampener will mitigate it a bit."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Gun Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:37 pm

"I mean, like... talking to people is generally always a good idea?" Kelly probably shouldn't chastise the girl too much about that - because she might not have tried talking first, but at least she'd tried it at all - and not only that, when she'd tried it, she'd listened.

Unfortunately, it couldn't solve all the problems, because Lethe was right that things could still get... messy. Kelly wasn't sure what to make of Lethe's certainty that Arin would kill her - or Mr. Flint. Arin wasn't... like that. Not really.

Was he?

She hadn't seen him in almost a year. Not since he'd... left. A lot could change, in a year.

And he knew her. Somewhere in there was still the Arin who knew her - which meant there was still, somewhere in there, the boy who sat on a park bench feeding ducks. Her Arin. Kinda. But not like that. Unless...

Um.

The idea of seeing him again after all this time was more terrifying than Stygian Moth, actually. What would she even say to him? Probably nothing too coherent, the way her thoughts were right now. Yeah, that was gonna be... awkward.

First, though, they had to do something about Stygian Moth - and Kelly, unfortunately, had a feeling she knew what Lethe was planning. "You're planning to get him to do the Moth thing to you, aren't you?" That was what she meant by getting him to come out and I might not be able to talk much. Kelly bit her lip in worry, then sighed. "Just, um... be careful with it, okay? And... the thoughts you have, they're not going to be all your own. They'll be like... sort of going off your own, but taken to the extreme. Fighting it straight on is really hard, redirecting it is a lot easier. If he wants you to be angry at a person, try being angry at the weapon he's carrying. Stuff like that. Change the target. You're gonna feel everything, and it's really intense - but you can kinda adjust what you feel it about a little. Think fast, be creative, use that kind of tangential thinking on your side, not just on his. Make it work for you."

Kelly gave her a sunny smile, then crossed the short distance between them and gave Lethe a quick hug. "You can do it. I believe in you. Are we doing this now? 'Cause I'm gonna chicken out if we wait too long."

And I'll get to see Arin again, soon.

...Whoever he is, now.

Lord of Nothing

Post by Lord of Nothing » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Lethe looked at the girl intently in her eyes, watching her response as she mentioned Arin.

"He might not be the same as you remember him before." She spoke without a prompt on Kelly's thoughts. "I never knew him before. But he's...cold. And damaged. By the way Mister Dae-Axiom....as you call him....looked at him. He's different from before."

Kelly asked her if she was planning on using the "moth thing." "Maybe?" It was an honest answer. She hadn't planned to, but it was a possibility Stygian was going to do that. There was a sense of dread in that, as she hadn't really considered it before. Luckily, she did know something about her own weaknesses. If that did help at all. "Okay." She nods firmly taking that in mind. Already contemplating...exactly what she could be angry at. The weaker parts of her dark nature.

How can immorality be used to her own disadvantage?

Yet the sense of Dread disappeared as Kelly smiled. Seeing someone who, despite seemingly a little bit like not the brightest bulb on the christmas tree in some areas, she clearly shined in other areas. Being hugged was even nicer. Most people don't really like her much and she grew very used to that. She was caught by surprise by the sudden embrace. But once she realized what happened. She quickly accepted, leaning her head forward towards Kelly and returning the hug.

"Thanks. For everything. Believing in me and in...coming with me."

Please let this go well...

She slowly and reluctantly lets go. Backing away before looking at the door.

"Yeah. It's now. I think he'll wanna see me when he knows I have you. Let's go. I'll fill you in on the details."
Sandbox

Lethe, The Gun Reaper
Vas, The Shadow Man
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts