Um hi, hello, hi

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
tattered timelines

Um hi, hello, hi

Post by tattered timelines » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:31 am

So uhmm, hi. . .

I'm just your on again, off again, slightly above average roleplayer. I used to be more active with roleplay but life has kept me occupied for a while and I'm just now returning from my unofficial hiatus.

I am, at best, a semi advanced roleplayer. I aim for a minimum of 3 to 5 lines but can, and usually will, go up to a few small paragraphs at a time. I am pretty detailed as far as story, setting, etc, with more of an emphasis on character and development.

I used to actually write my own stories and come up with my own scenarios. I guess I'm looking for someone with an open mind who isnt shy to branch out and add on to the plot. Furthermore, im looking for someone with their own stories who wants to expand upon their own universe. Surely im not the only one who lies awake at coming up with an elaborate world in their mind?

I wish I could say I was as active as I once was, but sadly I have a job and sometimes I am prone to wanting to be left alone or not in the mood. Still! Dont be shy, feel free to DM. I'll have coffee and buttered toast ready for you. See you when!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Um hi, hello, hi

Post by illirica » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 am

Hi there @tattered timelines! Welcome to RPF! We've got plenty of on-again, off-again RPers here, so you'll fit right in. There's also plenty of people who're looking for low key interactions, so your schedule won't be an issue at all. If you've got ideas, you can probably find people who're wanting to join up - and if you're looking for people to add on, go ahead and mention that so people know not to be shy about contributing suggestions. Collaborative writing is awesome. If you've got any questions about anything, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

I’ll also hit you with the basic copy-pasted introduction stuff, just in case you need it - so here you go:

To begin, here's the link to our rules and FAQs. Check them out when you can and feel free to ask for clarification if you need it.

If you're looking to join or start an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are one other area - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe. For this section, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. We actually just started up a new Introductory Area for new people to get involved without having to worry about learning all the background lore, or you can ask us about anything on our Discord.

Hope to see you around!