Innocent blood

Charnutter

Re: Innocent blood

Post by Charnutter » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Hey heres some world building just so you can see how it would affect your characters 😊

The world itself is one big super continent without any separate islands or floating countries. There are however separate countries, most have either vampires or witches with a few humans scattered about. Over the years the borders have changed. Currently no up to date map exists due to the war and many countries no longer exist due to over night massacres.

The Great War between Vampires and Witches has just ended. Witches sick of the Vampires being the ruling elite rose up against them, a few humans sick of being nothing but blood bags sided with the witches. A few humans in the hopes of becoming vampires also side with the vampires.

Those who fought and deserted on the witches with given a kiss curse. A death curse, by which every time the cursed open their mouths a piece of their soul flies away. Some may live for years after this curse, others only hours.

Those vampires deserted the vampire side were suspended over a pit of venous snakes until they were hideously deformed, having to bare the mark of their shame for the rest of time. Humans who deserted were drank dry, leaving just a shrivelled husk behind.

The war claimed many human, vampire and witch lives, and left much of the country slick with mud and blood. As an uneasy truce is formed dictating that ‘live feeding’ is no longer allowed, meaning vampires must now only drink from vials or bags; a system for turning people into vampires was set up which excluded people being turned against their will, under the age 18, or without being properly informed of the consequences. Witches are no longer allowed to freely curse people, they must apply to the government for a curse permit and justify the reason for the curse. Hex and healing witches are unaffected. Humans are now required over the age of 18 to give blood once every two weeks, so the vampires don’t go hungry. They are also no longer allowed access to drugs like opium or alcohol, any human found to be under the influence on a blood draft day are sent to detention centre until their blood is clear of any contaminates, the third time this happens the human doesn’t return.

These rules took effect June 28 1919 under the Treaty of Vamitchan (Vam-itch-han).

There was also a city set up where the three head vampires and the grand witches had to live alongside humans and other vampires to promote good will between the races.

There is a sense of unease among the world the treaty is still new and hasn’t really been put to a public test despite the growing underbelly of ‘feeding dens’ and ‘curse shops’. Some humans have also resorted to being hexed in order to avoid the ‘blood draft’ without being detained.

In order to combat the rising sense of unease among the world the government has asked for humans, witches and vampires to come together to form a team and investigate mysteries. (You can choose whether you want to join this or not just pm me to let me know 😊)

Mairin

Post by Mairin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:12 am

I'm still interested if anyone else is!

Charnutter

Post by Charnutter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:42 am

Hi, I’ve been meaning to get this started 😅. I just need to do a few little things but once it’s up I’ll put a post in here 😊

Mairin

Post by Mairin » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 pm

oh sweet!!

Charnutter

Post by Charnutter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:38 pm

It's up everybody :o

Mairin

Post by Mairin » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:04 am

I'm changing my character Sadie's age to 21 and this is what she looks like: https://pin.it/btxnleegofe37g

Mairin

Post by Mairin » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:04 am

I changed that to my profile pic for this rp