A New Bond (bxnezxne)

Arkane

Re: A New Bond (bxnezxne)

Post by Arkane » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:16 am

Never in her long life did she expect to be having an almost friendly conversation with a werewolf. Everything in her being was telling her that their current interaction was wrong, that she should just end Eve’s life and be done with it. That was what every other vampire would do. But if it wasn’t obvious by now, Jael was different from most vampires. She had experienced humility and had humbled herself, her past full of hardships and things that she now deeply regretted. To put it simply, she had a different view on the world and often challenged the status quo...as she was debating on do now.

After all, Eve did inadvertently saved her life. The first time by not attacking her when she had first awoken, Jael prisoner in the small confines of the villa basement while the daylight still shone bright. The second, was when Eve left and lead her pack away from Jael. It appeared that Eve had not told her pack about her whereabouts, something that Jael was grateful for.

“A place to stay,” Jael said, contemplating the question. Jael disappeared from sight, instantly reappearing behind Eve, the older woman sheathing her sword. “I’m afraid I don’t have a home either,” she replied, looking at the remains of her villa with a hint of sadness. The years had not been kind to it. “I’m not sure how any decades have passed while I slept, but this current world is unfamiliar to me. Perhaps you can help by telling me what year is it? Who rules the kingdoms?”

All important questions to know...after all, she couldn’t stay hiding away in the mountains forever. It had been long enough.

bxnezxne

Post by bxnezxne » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:22 am

“I’m not exactly sure who is ruling over the lands now, since I personally haven’t learned much about history of humans besides the basic things I need to know to pass myself as one when I’m around them.. As for the year if I’m not mistaken 1843?” Eve ended her last few words off in a slight questionable tone, as she new her answer was in at least 5 years range of being right, not really into counting the years that passed by in her life. She moved over to the side to sit herself on top of a slightly countertop made of stone, offering the vampire a small smile as she was trying to come off as relaxed, but was having a mental struggle go on.

What should she do? Should she try her luck with attacking the vampire in hopes of killing the other so she could go back to her pack.. Or does she try to see if killing the other is the right choice.. Her thoughts were giving her a troubled look before she started to speak again.

“I know this forest for up to 100 miles in each direction.. Since that’s the furthest I’ve been taken away from where my pack stays at least. But I’m pretty good at finding things too, since I have a good nose and my hearing is top notch!” Eve offered the other a small grin before she reached her hand out towards Jael.

“Maybe we can team up? Not like I have anywhere to go, we could travel around.. Don’t think I’m being naive either, you don’t smell dangerous, at least not dangerous to me.” What was she thinking saying that? Teaming up with a vampire.. She definitely wouldn’t be allowed back with her pack, but she could use this chance to maybe get the others guard down over some time..

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 am

The pack she was describing seemed a far cry to the werewolf packs that Jael remembered from the past. Those packs were organized, brutal in their attack on the vampire race, and very intelligent. With the ability to walk unhindered in the sunshine and blend flawlessly into human society, it was no wonder they were her race’s greatest threat. Eve’s pack was foolish to keep their members blissfully unaware. But such was not her business.

“1843? I’ve been asleep for 40 years,” Jael muttered, thinking back to how the times were back then. It would definitely be much different now. Perhaps the Radke’s were still the ruling family? What was even more concerning, is what vampire family was currently ruling the clans. Eve continued to speak, Jael listening intently as she did so. The younger female was adamant on teaming up and to her surprise, Jael found herself warming to the idea for various reasons.

Jael could use a guide, especially in her circumstances. Eve would be able to handle anything that needed to be done in the daytime, a luxury that Jael did not have. Not anymore, at least. In the olden days, vampires used werewolves as their daytime slaves and protectors. Until the werewolves rebelled and thus began the centuries long war between their kind. Their partnership would be much the same, but instead of slavery, it would be based on trust and respect.

“Alright,” she replied, casually, returning Eve’s smile with a small grin. “And don’t be silly, little one. I am very dangerous, when I want to be,” she continued, a faint smile now on her lips. Jael turned around and began to trek down the steep path. “Let’s be off then. I want to visit the nearest human settlement. Do you know which way? It would be good to know the happenings of the world, wouldn’t you say? You may call me Jael.”

bxnezxne

Post by bxnezxne » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:11 am

Eve seemed to perk up when it appeared that Jael was willing to be with her as a sort of teammate, her eyes following the other female as she started to make her way out of the worn down building the vampire had been in for quite a while sleeping.

“Oh! We’re leaving already? The nearest human settlement..” She trailed off for a few seconds as since she wasn’t really out of the village much she never got the chance to go out and see the settlements she was going to have to use her nose to lead them around. “..is this way.” Her arm had raised to point down the small mountain and obviously motioning that it was going to be quite a walk.

“So.. Do you guys have to sleep regularly? I know that my kind we can go a few days without sleep before our bodies start to feel tired.. Also! Can you turn into a bat? Is that true?”

It seemed like there wasn’t going to be any dull moments with Eve, as she sure seemed more interested in Jael than scared of her. She did come off as quite childish, but if the vampire watched her antics she would tell that the other seemed to be on quite the high alert as she kept looking in directions that she could hear the smallest noises in, seemingly going to be sort of a ‘guard dog’ in a way.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:42 am

In all honesty, Jael was still a little wary of Eve and her heritage. It wasn’t often that a werewolf and vampire willingly worked together...but their partnership definitely wasn’t the first. There had been periods in their history where two of their kind had actually been friends or sorts, or at least had a mutual understanding. It was part of the past that had been buried deep in the dust and most wouldn’t believe it, even if the proof was laid out in front of them.

“Of course we’re leaving already. I can only travel in the night and we’ve wasted a lot of time already,” she said, with a small sigh. If only she still had her daylight ring. It would’ve made things so much easier. Waiting for Eve to show her the way, Jael followed behind her obediently, wondering if she actually knew where she was going. She supposed she’d find out, but for now, Jael would have faith in her.

“Vampires have no need to sleep,” she began, also acutely aware of their surroundings. “At least not regularly. If you’re inquiring about the long sleep that I have just awoken from...well its like hibernation in a way. Most vampires do it to kill time.” Which is what Jael had chosen to sleep for. Eve’s last statement had Jael grinning slightly, the older female shaking her head. “A bat? What nonsense,” she chuckled. “I wonder where that assumption came from.”

There was a moment of silence, before Jael decided to ask a question of her own. “So, what is your name? Unless you’re ok with me calling you Young Pup.”

bxnezxne

Post by bxnezxne » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:37 am

Eve had looked a little shocked and embarrassed when she heard Jael reveal that vampires couldn’t change themselves into bats, realizing that she had been misinformed.

“When the hunters would return to the pack they would always tell stories of when they fought a vampire and would always talk about how you guys just poof into a bat.” She had used some hand movements to emphasize the poof, offering Jael a small smile before she seemingly perked up from being asked what her name was.

“Call me Eve! Sometimes for short I’m called E, it’s not really that bad if you call me pup.. I get called that a lot actually since I can’t exactly-“ The girl stopped herself as she want sure if she should share with the other her problems with transforming herself into her wolf form, so she ended up just shifting the conversation hoping that the other missed it while they talked. “What’s your name?”