[One] The Serenian Princess

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Image Serenia.

A perfect paradise on a continent crafted by the ten deities known as the Guardians. The land is covered with opalescent grass, with trees made of opal littering the landscape and gather in large, glittering forests. The flora and fauna are unlike anything seen elsewhere on the planet. Crystalline plants and animals, as well creatures found in human mythology. These creatures lived peacefully alongside the Serenians, the inhabitants of the world. This was a perfect, peaceful world with no pain, suffering, war, or greed.

Things remained this way, watched over by the deities, until millions of years later, when five of the Deities became bored with the perfect world. They grew annoyed and betrayed their brothers. They left the main continent and created their own, Chaotica, in opposition to the world they once loved. They also altered themselves, and what they represented, to directly combat their brothers. They were now dark deities, creating a race that knew only darkness, hate, and war. The intent? To destroy the Serenians.

The Chaotians invaded Serenia. The war that ensued was devastating. Even though the Serenians never seen war before, the deity of protection, Potesen, gave the people what was necessary to fight back. Both races were on par with each other, and there were equal losses on each side.

After millennia of fighting, the Chaotians withdrew. All ten deities had grown tired, having fought each other alongside their people. Long ago, their powers had been manifested into a crystal. This crystal had been used to create the Serenians. When their five brothers betrayed them and turned evil, the conflicting powers caused the crystal to split into two separate crystals. The Pure Star Crystal was the original and became the symbol of the Serenians while the Dark Moon Crystal became the symbol of the Chaoticans.

With the last of their strength, the deities of Serenia managed to take the Dark Crystal from their dark brothers, and sealed it away within the castle.

The deities went to sleep after the war, and everything became peaceful once more.

With the originating deities asleep, other deities had come into existence in their absence, deciding to fill the rest of the world with their own creations. Another continent was created, filled with humans and other species and manner of life. These new species, in their infancy, haven't quite discovered the two other continents that reside on the world that they call Rietun and are unaware of the Chaoticans stirring once more.

Within the hundreds of thousands of years the Chaotians had laid silent, the Serenians had returned to their peaceful ways and buried their horrific memories of the past, as well as their weapons. The general population of the continent are unaware of the new continent, though the king and Queen knew of it. Now the Chaoticans, who had been preparing for another attack on Serenia, have begun to move in on the unsuspecting Serenians and began their attack.

At the first signs of danger, the Serenian king and queen sent their daughter and a guard on a ship to the third continent, with the Dark Moon Crystal. They needed help, but knew that it was a very slim chance of anyone willing to help strangers. To aid in this, the ship also had chests of gifts.

The princess knew, though, that there was a large chance that she would never see her home again.. or that they would return to find it in ruins.

I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [One] The Serenian Princess

Post by Monika » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Image Reserved for Info
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Image Name:
Species:
Weapon Expertise: (if any)
Personality:
Short Bio:
Extra Info:
Appearance:

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 am

I'm interested, and I want to know how you want this to go since you almost always have a plan for big ideas like this.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:45 am

Well, I considered this being able to be a group RP, since it has the openness to be one.

The whole history of the Serenians and Chaoticans are an alteration of the story/history/world/ect of my first character and have had for like... 20 years. lol.

Essentially, the general plot would be the princess, Mysterica, ending up on the third continent that I was leaving completely open ended for customization. Can be magic, can be tech, can be essentially anything. From there, it would be an attempt to find help. Her main goal would be to find the leader of a kingdom and persuade them to help. Plenty of issues and stuff can arise. Being Serenian, she doesn't know anything about how things are off the continent she came from. Bad people are going to be an issue, even for her guard. Her guard wouldn't entirely know too much about combat. I figure that stories of the Serenians probably made it to the third continent, much like the third continent had been heard about by the Serenian King and Queen.

other than that, any ideas you might have could work too.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:43 pm

I did get the CS up.

I am also willing to try this as a group of people were interested in

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:28 pm

With what you said in mind, this is what I'm thinking for Rietun:

They're a mix of tech and magic, with tech being the main aspect of transportation while magic is sort of used with healing, offense, and defense nobility have a higher chance of being born with the ability to use magic than commoners (though there are schools for learning magic if one wants to join the military in hopes of advancing their social rank). However, they're somewhere between the Serenians and the Chaotians in terms of fighting among themselves and maintaining peace at different points in their short history. The people are naturally curious, but some might treat her with mistrust due to the fact that nobody has seen either a Serenian or a Chaotian before. It's not going to be easy since some are going to be some who would still doubt her being a Serenian, much less a Serenian princess.

I'm going to get to work on my CS, and this should be interesting to play out.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I'll make an OOC for us and you can post the CS there, and we can use it to keep track of any information.

http://www.rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=14290 here it is. I'll have my CS up after work

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:25 am

Name: Cameron Black
Species: Human
Weapon Expertise:
  • Swordsmanship (best with long-swords and great-swords)
  • Handguns (pistols are his favorite)
  • Fire manipulation (coating weapons, fire wall, or a simple fireball when used for offense and defense)
Personality: Cameron is a typical soldier: give assistance, follow orders, and ask questions later, unless something came up that would make him ask questions. Due to his upbringing, he's naturally charismatic, and willing to lend a helping hand if someone needs it. However, he can appear aloof at times, but for those that know him, it's an act to maintain control over his ability to manipulate fire. He's dedicated, and if he decides that something is worth the risks involved, he will see it through until either he's dead, or he lives to see the end. Few have managed to break through the walls he built after enlisting to find that he's caring, compassionate, and even selfless, but it would take a lot for him to consider letting someone in. Cam is also the kind of guy who never backs down from a fight, which will either be a good thing or a bad thing once he meets the Serenian Princess.
Short Bio: Cameron was born to the Black family, a noble house in Rietun that's been standing since the monarchy was established and loyal friends to the current ruling family. As the eldest of six siblings, he was always expected to follow in his family's footsteps and join the military, and until he was ten, this wasn't the life he wanted despite having the mindset of a soldier from the start. Once he began to show an ability to manipulate fire, he realized that the military was the only place that could really help him control it after he nearly set fire to a tutor when he was struggling to finish a Mathematics test a year into his training to control it. He enlisted the day he turned eighteen, and while he's showed the capacity to advance in rank past a normal soldier, he's actually content with his rank. A few of his siblings have branched out from the military with their jobs, but the one constant was the idea of Serenia and Chaotica, and the hopes of meeting one of the former while the latter was used to scare him into behaving. Cam didn't expect for the ship to come in at the base he was stationed at to carry not only a Serenian, but a Serenian princess and royal guard, and he knows that there's no turning back if he decides to help them with their plight.
Extra Info: Serenia and Chaotica were used as bedtime stories for the people of Rietun, and with the appearance of people from the other two continents, Cameron knows something is going on since he thought they were only a legend.
Appearance: Image

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:02 am

Image Name: Mysterica
Species: Serenian
Weapon Expertise: None
Personality: Mysterica is completely naive when it comes to how things work outside of Serenia. Life was perfect, and she doesn't know what disease, or evil, or lies are. She thinks everyone's a good person, and trusts everyone without question.
Short Bio: There isn't much to Mysterica's life. She learned about the history of her people, the Chaoticans, and what she needed to do when she took over Serenia one day. Everything changed when the Chaoticans started their invasion, and fled with the Dark Crystal to the third continent to find help.
Extra Info:
Appearance: