Soulmate [Arkane]

Rosalie
Silver

Re: Soulmate [Arkane]

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:41 am

Alex was confused, to say the least. Lela seemed almost.. embarrassed now, and he wasn't sure why. But before he could ask she was dismissing the whole thing and shoving him along.

Back at the house, he discreetly inched away from her, the electricity buzzing between them almost unbearable now. Emmett had disappeared, so he assumed that perhaps he had gone back to his car or the front of the house. Madeline was standing on the back porch, pink eyebrows furrowed as she noted Lela's bare feet and red face.

The pink-haired girl didn't say anything for a second as they approached her, before letting out a "ha-ha", as if someone had said a joke. "You two are weird," She said, shaking her head. "There's a particularly handsome fellow in front of the house standing by an equally handsome car. I'm assuming he's a friend of yours? Will sniffed out warlock. Don't mind him though, he just dislikes about everyone.. Lela! I got you some clothes so you can change out of that! Come, come!"

Grabbing Lela's arm, Madeline dragged the blonde girl into the house with Alex following. He made sure to lock the door behind them, going over to the kitchen to glance out the windows as Madeline took Lela upstairs to change.
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:48 am

One again, Lela was left wondering about everything. Alex had gave her no answers and what was even worse, he didn’t seem to acknowledge their ‘connection’ at all. Maybe it would be better if her and Emmett left. In her mind, their whole interaction in the woods made her believe that he really didn’t want anything else to do with her. Feeling even more down than before, Lela entered the house, her throbbing feet a welcome distraction her from her whirling thoughts.

Glancing over at Alex, her brow furrowed slightly when she noticed him slowly inch away from her. Oh. She turned away from him, letting out a small, shaky breath, just as Madeline entered the room and pulled her inside. She couldn’t have come at a better time.

“That’s Emmett, my brother,” Lela replied, smiling slightly at Madeline. “He’s come to take me to our Uncle Max.” At least, she assumed that’s what he was going to do. When she mentioned clothes, Lela sighed in relief. “Wow, really?! Thanks so much!” New clothes sounded wonderful. Emmett had joined them now, the Warlock having let himself in. He was carrying the backpack he had packed with Lela’s things when he investigated her apartment.

“I also packed ya some stuff,” he said, throwing his sister the bag. Lela just barely managed to catch it. “Change, freshen up, do whatever, but then we need to talk. Also you can’t go back to your apartment. It’s trashed. I’ll explain later,” he continued, noticing Madeline now. He gave her a polite nod, before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the charmed star necklace his Uncle had made for Lela.

“Wear this,” Emmett instructed. “It will mask the power of the Star. Make it more difficult for others to sense its power. Uncle Max made it for you.” He placed it around Lela’s neck and almost immediately she felt it’s effects. The warmth of the Star’s power had dimmed in her chest and surprisingly, the ‘electric’ connection between her and Alex suddenly fizzled out.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:43 pm

Alex eyed the necklace, noticing that their connection almost immediately disappeared. He was grateful, but at the same time disappointed. It was handy that he could feel when Lela was around. Madeline also took notice of the necklace, pressing her lips into a hard line before directing Lela upstairs.

Alex hung back, crossing his arms across his chest as he waited for Emmett and him to be alone. "Listen," Alex said after some time of silence. "I understand you two want to go search for your uncle, it makes sense. I don't want to stand in Lela's way and honestly, I don't think it'll be long before she's tracked out here. Which is why I think I should come along. You know, just in case. I understand if you wouldn't like me too, but if you think about it, it'd be for her safety. I don't doubt that you can protect yourself, but those people are out for blood. I know their type all too well and I'm worried about Lela."

That was probably the first time he had admitted he felt anything for the girl. While he clearly cared for her as a person, he had become somewhat territorial of the blonde. Perhaps it was their connection and how.. addicting the feeling was. Like a fuzziness of the brain. Of course, after some time it became unbearable, but it didn't mean it was painful.

~

Upstairs, Madeline led Lela into what had become the blonde girl's room. She had laid out two outfits -- all flashy, and very pink. "This one is my favorite," Madeline said, fingering the collar of a very pretty sundress with pink flowers dotted all over it. "Of course if you want to wear your own clothes." The pink-haired girl smiled, taking a seat in the armchair by the window. "I hope you don't mind if I sit here. I just wanted to talk for a little while. I was talking to Will and I think we might know someone who can shine some light on your situation. I know how Alex can be, very secretive and stuff.." The girl babbled on, clearly happy to have another female to talk to.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:30 am

Lela let out a shaky breath as the necklace settled against her skin. It barely weighed anything, but for some reason, she was acutely aware of the charm’s presence. She understood the necessity for it. Lela didn’t want to be a homing beacon with the Star’s energy, but she wasn’t expecting that the connection she had with Alex would be affected. Perhaps the charm worked to mask any and all magic. Oddly enough, she rather missed that comforting electric feeling.

As Madeline directed her upstairs, she glanced briefly at Alex, before disappearing out of view. Emmett remained in the kitchen, aware that Alex was now staring at him. He was honestly surprised at what Alex said. The dark haired man wanted to tag along and help them search for their Uncle. Emmett wouldn’t refuse help, even if it was in the form of a Vendor. A Vendor that his sister seemed to trust.

“Oh,” he said, grinning at the other man. “Almost sounds like you care about her,” he chuckled, pushing himself off the counter. The warlock began looking through the fridge and cupboards. “Got any food ‘round here? I’m starving. I can whip us up something while you go pack. Got a long drive ahead of us. I figure we’d go back to my Uncle’s flat and see if he left any clues about his current whereabouts.”

~ ~ ~

Back in her bedroom, Lela was so thankful Madeline had bought new clothes for her and was also ecstatic that Emmett had half a mind to pack her some of her own things. The two outfits Madeline had laid out for her were very pretty and very cute. Lela didn’t think she could pull off cute, but she picked up the sundress and would wear it anyway. “Thanks for the clothes,” she called out to the other girl, as she changed in the connected bathroom. The blonde also made an effort to wash off her feet after her barefooted adventure in the woods.

“How do I look?,” she said, stepping out of the bathroom and into the room once again. Surprisingly, the sun dress fit her rather nicely. “Do you really know someone that could help? Everything about this situation is so crazy,” Lela said, sitting on the end of the bed now. She flopped onto her back, and sighed in exasperation. “And Alex doesn’t tell me anything,” she agreed, with a small laugh. “Definitely very secretive.”

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:49 am

Alex followed Emmett's moving form through squinted eyes, watching him rummage through his cupboards like he owned the place. Already the dark haired boy was having second thoughts. While Lela was easy to, well, fool, Alex knew that her brother might not be. It was only a matter of time before he interrogated him and then attempted to kill him.

"I'm not sure if there's food," Alex finally said, rubbing his forehead. "But order something if you like. I'll pay." As he made his way out of the kitchen, he pulled his shirt over his head. He wanted to shower, but he doubted he'd have time for that. Making his way up the stairs, he could hear Madeline babbling away in what was Lela's room. He shook his head, walking past the door into his own room. Once there he began retrieving all his things and shoving them in a duffel bag he found in the closet. Truth be told there wasn't much seeing as most of his stuff was back in his apartment in the city. But he did keep a few extra pairs of clothes in this house, and shoving his wallet in his jeans pocket, he was ready to go.

~

Madeline breathed out a whistle when Lela stepped out. The blonde was beautiful, not like Madeline which everyone referred to as 'cute'. "Well I'm not sure if they'll help, but they might no something. The supernatural world is a big place but there's always someone that knows something." Chewing on her lip, Madeline glanced at the door before speaking again. "Listen. There's some things about Alex that you don't know... and it isn't my place to tell you them. I love him to death and he's done a lot for me, but I think it's important that I tell you to just -- be careful. He's not as innocent and nice as he may seem. He has a dark past."
illirica wrote:

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Lela appreciated everything that Madeline had done for her. She had a friendly and warm personality and Lela was thankful for any extra help that she was willing to offer. However, Lela didn’t know how to feel about the warning Madeline had given her about Alex. Alex himself, had tried to tell her the same thing out in the woods. “Everyone has a past,” she replied, unsure of what else to say. Sure, Alex was a little rough around the edges, but however dark his past may have been, she only knew him as she did now...and he had saved her life, twice.

“I appreciate the warning,” she said, offering the other girl a small smile. “And I promise to be careful. I can’t really explain it but...I have a feeling that Alex won’t hurt me.”

There was several thuds heard in the kitchen, followed by an exasperated sigh. “Oi, Lela, let’s go!,” yelled Emmett from downstairs. He had concluded there was no good food to eat and was impatient to get on the move.

Hastily packing up her stuff and giving Madeline one last smile, Lela left the room. “Thanks again Maddie. Take care of yourself,” she called to the girl as she traversed the stairs. Emmett was waiting for her by the front door, the warlock holding the door open. The siblings made their way to Emmett’s vehicle, Lela hesitating to get in. She at least wanted to say goodbye to Alex. She wouldn’t feel right to just leave him without a word.

“Don’t worry sis, ya boyfriend’s coming too,” Emmett grinned, finding his shades and placing them over his eyes. “Was his idea too.” A look of shock appeared on Lela’s face. Alex was coming with them? But just a minute ago it seemed liked he didn’t want anything else to do with her. “Oh,” she said, sitting down in the passengers seat. “That’s great,” she continued, feeling a little shy now. She was thrilled Alex was coming.

Emmett laid on the horn. “Ya coming or what!?,” Emmett hollered, impatiently waiting for Alex. What, he was hangry.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:25 am

Rolling his eyes, Alex headed down the stairs. He was dressed in a white T-shirt, jeans, and high tops. His hair was tosseled, not having a chance to style it. And on his nose sat a pair of dark sunglasses, shielding his eyes. He hurried down the porch steps, throwing his duffel bag in the back seat and sliding in. He gave a wave to Madeline, who was standing on the porch of the house, chewing on her lip anxiously. William was no where to be seen.

Alex wasn't sure what to say to Lela as he buckled in. What if she hadn't wanted him to come? Maybe he was being intrusive. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, suddenly wondering if this was a bad idea.

To keep himself distracted, he pulled out his cellphone to see several missed calls and texts from his manager and personal assistant. In all the chaos, he had forgotten about gigs he had planned while he was in town. He had all but dropped everything to help Lela. Once again, he wondered when he had started to care about the blonde girl. What had she done for him? Nothing. But their relationship wasn't really about what one had done for the other. She was a good person. Genuinely. She needed the protection.

Shutting off his phone, he dumped it in the duffel bag and turned his attention towards the window. His life could stay paused until he knew Lela was safe.
illirica wrote:

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 am

After a moment, Alex finally appeared from the house and slid into the back seat of the car. “Finally,” Emmett said, placing the car in reverse, doing a quick 180, and then flooring it down the driveway. He planned on stopping at a drive through to get some food and then driving for as long as possible until they got to Florida. They’d have to stop somewhere for the night, as 16 hours was a long freaking drive, even if they were all sharing the drive time.

Emmett drove for a while, turning onto the main highway and continuing in a southward direction. Neither Lela or Alex had said anything, leaving a somewhat awkward atmosphere in the vehicle. Lela was absentmindedly looking out the window playing with a lock of her hair. “Wow, it’s gunna be a fun road trip with you two,” he said, turning on some punk rock music to drown out the silence.

Eventually Lela did break the silence, having had enough of her brother’s taste of music. She had so many questions, which Emmett was forced to answer now that he had no where to escape to. He told Lela about their family history; how their mother’s side came from a long line of warlocks and how their Uncle Maximus was a particularly powerful one. He also caught her up on the supernatural world and tried to prepare her on what to expect. Lastly, he told her about his encounter with the strange organization that had raided her apartment; likely the same people responsible for attacking her and Alex at her workplace...and the current people that were hunting her.

“They probably have Uncle Max,” Emmett said, brow furrowing and hands gripping the steering wheel a little tighter. “The plan is to head back to Uncle M’s house and see if we can find some clues on where the hell he went. He never told me. Only said that he was going to look into the group that was targeting you,” he continued, briefly glancing over at Lela. “And ol’ Alex boy is gunna help us, ain’t ya Alex?” After her brother’s comment, Lela couldn’t help but glance in the rear view mirror at Alex, a small appreciative smile on her lips.

~ ~ ~ ~

“Well it ain’t much, but it’ll do!,” Emmett said, slamming the driver’s door shut. They were stopped in front of an older, road side motel, it’s neon sign flickering on and off, one letter completely burnt out. In front of the lobby was a bug zapper, that went off with an electric buzz every two seconds. Over on the side was an outdoor swimming pool that one probably didn’t want to swim in, closed off by an old chain link fence.

“Emmy,” began Lela, getting out of the car and stretching slightly. “Isn’t there somewhere....nicer to stay?” Emmett took his sunglasses off, placing them atop his head, the evening sun now shining weak orange hues. “Nah,” he replied, heading to the lobby. “Gotta lay low. Avoid the city. Too many eyes and ears there. Plus this shitty motel is close to the road, easy to escape if we need too. And it’s outta the way, so no danger to civilians if we do get into a scrap.” Somehow, Lela didn’t seem convinced, the look she was giving her brother a clear testament to that.

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. Plus, they probably have lots o’ cheap rooms,” he said, disappearing into the lobby. Lela leaned against the hood of the car, hands behind her. She glanced over at Alex, the awkwardness between them faded a bit during their long drive together. “Thanks for coming, by the way,” she said to him, flashing him a small smile. “I know you didn’t have too, but I appreciate it, nonetheless.”

Of course, Emmett interrupted them a few seconds later, the door to the lobby opening with a loud bang.

“Okay, I lied. Only one room, but whatevs! Sharing is caring,” he grinned, throwing Alex the keys to their room for the night.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:41 pm

The relationship between Emmett and Lela was cute. Endearing even. Alex didn't have any siblings, and any family he did have didn't want anything to do with him and hadn't for a long time. He was used to being alone, even though he did have friends like Madeline and William. They were no where near as close as Emmett and Lela obviously were. The sibling bond being an unbreakable one.

He wasn't sure about the motel, but he didn't say anything. He also wasn't sure about driving to their uncle's home to investigate either. Alex listened quietly, hoping he'd have some time with Lela later to talk to her about why running into danger wasn't the way to go about this. Luckily for him, he did get a few seconds with her, but not enough to have a full blown discussion.

Catching the keys against his chest, Alex frowned. "Only one room? That's odd. It's not like this place is the Four Seasons." He couldn't imagine anyone would want to stay here, let alone enough people to take up every single room. He didn't mind sharing a room with them, but he didn't like the idea of all of them being in one room like sitting ducks.

Opening the car door, he grabbed his duffel and dug around for his wallet. "Maybe I can talk to the manager, I'm sure we can work something out." And by 'talk' he meant he'd let a couple Benjamin Franklin's do the talking. It was at this time that a couple motorcyclists pulled up next to them, their engines coming to a roaring stop. They looked like a biker gang, some of the men smiling and eyeing Lela up and down.

Narrowing his eyes, Alex shut the car door and shoved his wallet into his back pocket. He took Lela by the elbow, steering them away from the ogling men. "Actually, one room is fine," He said.

~

The room was awful, and Alex rubbed at his face, wondering if them sleeping in the car was a better option. He was used to the fancy things, so the thought of sleeping in the queen sized bed with suspicious red stains on the comforter was shiver inducing. There was also one bed, which the siblings could take, he didn't care. The problem was that the motel felt so exposed. There was slamming doors from the near by rooms every couple of minutes, and somewhere not far a tv was blaring. The walls were obviously extremely thin so it just added to Alex's nerves.

He didn't know why, but he had a bad feeling. It sat deep in his stomach, growing by the second. He didn't voice this though, mostly because it'd annoy Emmett and only worry Lela. Currently he stood by the window, pulling the yellowing drapes back an inch to peer into the parking lot of the motel.

"So can you explain some things, Emmett? Like when was the last time your heard from your uncle? Do you know what he was doing? Working on? Did he seem at all... weird during the days leading up to his disappearance?" Alex let the drapes fall back into place as he turned to face them, he crossed his arms across his chest, waiting for a reply.
illirica wrote: