Introductions are the weird part

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Dirtfish

Introductions are the weird part

Post by Dirtfish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:45 pm

How to sound like I'm not awkward over the Internet? Introduce yourself in an overly confident way! Hello! Now that I may or may not have grabbed your attention, my names dirt, yep, dirt. Like ground dirt, like what you might have eaten as a Lil baby. I'm also an alrightish teenager (17) who has a lot of ideas of stories and art but also has no creative motivation and I hope something like this might help creative block but also gain some friends. Get out the ol' comfort zone.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Introductions are the weird part

Post by illirica » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello, dirt! You seem like a well-grounded individual.

... Yep, that was bad. Anyway! Welcome to RPF. Roleplaying can be a great way to play off of other people's ideas and get some creative motivation, so I hope you find some things that interest you here. I'll give you the basic site rundown, and I'm here if you've got any questions.

I'll start you with the obligatory link to our rules and FAQs. Check them out when you can and feel free to ask for clarification if you need it.

If you're looking to join or start an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are also two other areas - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe, and a post-apocalyptic area which is just starting up. For each of those sections, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. It's up to you which style of RPing is more appealing to you, and of course you're welcome to try both - plenty of us hang out in multiple areas.

I mod over at the Superhero Sandbox, and I promise we're not scary people in there even if we may appear that way. I also hang out all over the place, so I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to hit me with any inquiries and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Dirtfish

Re: Introductions are the weird part

Post by Dirtfish » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 pm

The pun was the best part, congratulations! I also appreciate the quick walk through. I look forward to seeing what's shakin.