[REQ] Tales of Varnalia

RP here if you don't want to worry about guidelines or length. (4 sentences or less per post, on average.)
Hunuki

[REQ] Tales of Varnalia

Post by Hunuki » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:58 pm

VARNALIA

A world that is ancient and ageless. It's creation is a myth that has been passed down for thousands of years.

Three dragons created the universe and all of reality. Three brothers, three ancient Gods. Ortsa, Baruga, and Xothull. After eons of creating and shaping the universe something changed. The legend states that Xothull became corrupted. A dark force spread through him, tainting him and turning him against his brothers. A war erupted through the universe, countless world's destroyed and devoured. Xothull had become an unstoppable glutton, seeking power and a never ending hunger for death and destruction. Eventually it's said that Xothull was beaten. But what truly happened is unknown. Both brothers weak and wounded from fighting created Varnalia and slumbered inside of it. Or so the legend goes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 1 Cycle since the Young Prince Hunuki became of age. Since then the world of Varnalia has been plagued with various incidents that have left it's government in a panic. The incident in Aslandus. The largest port city in the world was subject to an abhorrent and vile magical spell that killed a large group of people for unknown reasons. Currently the self claimed leader of Aslandus. Simon Ironclaw is being held in the dungeon of Paradis for questioning about the incident. It is unclear if he is the one responsible for this tragedy.

Growing Tensions in the north have led the Scaleborne to civil wars. The current Queen of the North, Alex, while love by most of her people is at odds with others of her race, seeing her unfit to sit upon the throne. This has led the north back into war with each other, causing turmoil for the innocent people that live there.

Among this bad news there is some good. The youngest prince has found his Wife. A courtmage named Illiya. They are set to be married in the Grand Cathedral of the Black Road, located near the castle in Paradis. This news has seemed to of let most of the people forget out the trouble and strife in parts of the world and come together to celebrate this event. Currently the wedding is set to take place in the next few days. This Marriage solidifies the next heirs to the Throne. The city of Paradis once again swells with people wanting to attend and witness this event.

There is a breadth of races in Varnalia.

These races are:

The kit are one of the oldest races. The kit are most distinct with their feline features, While they generally look human, they have cat ears and a tail, giving them incredible balance and hearing.usually built slender to average. They are also generally curios. Most Kit reside in the current capital of Belfeia, Paradis.
Average Lifespan: 120 Cycles

The Dire are an extremely loyal race, their canine features are treated as important symbols to the Dire. Often chosen as great warriors and soldiers. The Dire are as old as the Kit, and share a similar lifespan. Thousands of years ago the Dire once ruled Belfeia, and were said to of been tyrants and ruled the world with an iron fist. Most Dire now also reside in Paradis as the royal guard and protectors of the kingdom. Intelligent and strong willed, the dire take pride in everything they do. Build stouter and taller than Elf and Kit, the Dire have an incredible sense of smell above any other race.
Average Lifespan: 130 Cycles

Elfs previously used to be humans. When the Elium ruled the kingdom their ruler went mad, releasing a devastating spell all over Varnalia that altered and changed humans. This change killed nearly half of the human population. The rest of the races were unaffected. Those that survived become badly scarred and infused with Maga, This gave birth to the elves. Elf are horribly scarred all over their bodies. The maga flowing through them in unpredictable and unstable. Elf can only live for 50 cycles. When they reach this age their bodies begin to breakdown. Most seek pilgrimage, leaving to find a place to rest, When an Elf dies at this age their Maga explodes from their bodies in a violent, but beautiful display of energy.

The Elium are arguably the oldest race. The Elium are incredibly powerful with arcane and magic. Elium's distinct features are their horns. Legend says that the Elium were originally mythical creatures. Their singular horns spiral outwards from the middle of their heads, pointing upwards to the stars. The Elium's horns are linked with their magic abilities, some Elium even channel their magics into the horn to strengthen the magic's effectiveness, Elium are often pale and beautiful. They are shorter than most, and often built much slimmer. Things such as combat and fighting are very rare for Elium to be adept in.
Average Lifespan: 190 Cycles

The Forest Kin are the most mysterious race in Belfeia. As ancient as the Elium, the Forest Kin rarely leave their wooded homes. Often associated with druids and healers. They are linked with their forests, and their Gods, Shoshan and Sarma. Two Deities that control the Sun and the Moon, as well as the seasons, said to of been born from the Oldest Trees in Varnalia. Oldest Forest Kin rarely take to any city. Any that do socialize are generally seen in small villages as healers and farmers. Forest Kin are most easily identified by their long and elegant Antlers growing from their heads, as well as the deer like noses and large eyes. They are often times small and frail, much shorter and built much thinner than any other races in Varnalia.
Average Lifespan: 185 Cycles

The Scaleborn are the outliers of Belfeia. Scaleborn are a broad race of serpent and dragonlike people that have been unified under a new Queen. The scaleborn are often seen as barbarians, but have their own structure. (Scaleborn generally as the name states have scales on their bodies and serpent like tongues, most have tails as well) The sub races of the Scaleborn are Drakonian, Serpine, and Lizardfolk. Each sub race has it's own cultures, rulers, and backgrounds.
Average Lifespan: 200 Cycles

OTher Info:

MAGIC:

The world was given life by the dragons, their essence is in every blade of grass, drop of water and creature on the planet. This essence has been designated as Maga. Maga is the core of everything on Varnalia and presumably the entire universe. How you manipulate and understand Maga and how adept you are at it determines the skill of a mage.

The fundamentals of Maga Mastery are understanding how to draw out Maga from the world around you ( including yourself) and then figuring the formula to turn raw Maga into whatever you desire. While the world is made of a singular essence. It's infinite complexities make becoming a Maga Master nearly un-achievable, but not impossible.

Interracial Pregnancy only works for certain races. And it is dependent on who the mother is in this world. the child will only be the same race as the mother. There are reasons for this that if the group wants to find out will have to role play for it. Scaleborn cannot breed or have any children with any non Scaleborn race. Elves are also the same way. That being said Interracial relationships are perfectly fine, just realize that if it's those two races with another you cannot have any children.
There is much more information about this setting. If you have any questions I will happily answer them. Don't feel like any question is to simple. This universe has been in my mind since I was a kid. I have pretty much everything planned out and accounted for.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These sprites are small magical beings that often scavenge for trinkets and discarded objects left by humans and other races. Their sizes can vastly vary from the size of a marble to as large as a softball.

Mights are generally timid in nature, avoiding confrontation at nearly all costs. Though a few rare Mights have been known to brandish weapons and defend themselves (These weapons are often forks or toothpicks)

Most mights build their homes around themselves, (examples above) and live in their homes, doubling as their armor. Mights also love to steal candies and treats from other races, though they will always leave something in place of what they stole. To the Might it is considered a barter, and not outright theft.

Hunuki

Re: [REQ] Tales of Varnalia

Post by Hunuki » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:58 pm

CHARACTER SHEET:

NAME:

RACE:

BIOGRAPHY:

PERSONALITY:

APPEARANCE:

Cheanlenu
Location: Under your bed plotting with the voices in your head.

Post by Cheanlenu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Name: Oliver Ozwald Ratilanius
Gender:Male(Often confused as female with his feminine features)
Race:Kit
Biography:Oliver has always been a rather studious child, and would spend his days deep into books. His thirst for knowledge would often cause him to fall ill, due to his lack of care for his own needs. Forgetting to sleep, or eat for long periods. Once he had exhausted all he could, or was allowed to learn from his home. He decided it was time to strike out into the world. Not only the desire to learn more, but rather to apply some of that knowledge. His social awkwardness made it difficult for him to interact as he had wished. This in turn often got him into trouble. The simple graces of a greeting would at times anger the one he greeted. They would see his manor of speech as somewhat offensive. "Hey I was just trying to be nice. Not like I would outright say you face looks like the south end of a north bound horse." So his travels were doomed to be lonely ones. Though with his lack of social graces he also did not gain any new information.

Personality:Oliver is very curious about the world around him, but lacks the social skills to interact. He is rather shy because of this, and has a hard time looking others in the eye. He would often freeze mid sentence, and just run away when speaking to someone he found pretty. He is very helpful, and would not think anything of giving someone a hand. Just as long as he didn't have to talk to them. He is quite knowledgeable on economy, agriculture, biology, and anatomy. So with that his first aide knowledge, and barter skills are a bit above average.

Appearance:He is relatively short being only 5 foot 4 inches, and has short brown hair. He has brown eyes, and wears two ribbons in his hair he got from his sisters. He dresses himself in suits, and usually pale colors.
oliver.jpg
oliver.jpg (14.3 KiB) Viewed 197 times

Soupster

Post by Soupster » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:21 am

Sounds nice, I quite enjoy the idea of playing in a world crafted over time like this. I'll create a(/the) CS(s) later tonight when i have time. Question though, are multiple characters allowed?
Idk what I do

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:08 am

they are
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:28 am

I'll try to get my character in some time tomorrow.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Kit_UL

Post by Kit_UL » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Name: Kitara Karner

Race: Kit

Biography: A young and shy girl who often doesn't fit in with others and is looked down upon raised by her father but ran away from home to get away from life to start a new journey in life.

Personality: Kitara is shy doesn't like talking but wants to try to make friends but doesn't know how to with people she knows she's a ball of energy that's hard to control.

Appearance: 5 foot 3 inches, blonde hair and blue eyes (that's about it)

Sent from my SM-T380 using Role Playing Forums v4.2.2.

Hunuki

Post by Hunuki » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Both seem good. Just waiting for more.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:19 pm

I'd love to join! I'll try to get a CS done this evening!

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Can the scaleborn be reminiscent of a dragon. So wings, tough scales, biggish, fire-breathing. I have an idea to cause a bit of conflict.
Strength, character building and patience comes through the mundaneness of life.

- FlameHeart Zerath the Fire-Tamer