Grey Skies (Closed)

Xayve

Grey Skies (Closed)

Post by Xayve » Fri May 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Vincent watched the two women leave and breathed a deep sigh of relief and dread. He was glad for time alone but pretty sure he had gotten himself in trouble with Jasper. Whatever it is, I'm sure it can't be too bad... he thought to himself as he turned to Camilla.
"Well, that's the family. One half dead thing to another, it's kindof nice to have time to yourself every once in a while. Feel free to talk to me anytime, but I'm going to go out for a ride." Vincent spoke in his usual casual drawl he made his way to the bedroom, stopping just before he went inside and adding "By the way, I totally get it. I spent the first half a century after I stopped aging in shock. If you'd like anything to help you adjust to your current state, you need only ask."
At that, he entered the bedroom and grabbed his usual leather trenchcoat from the closet, putting it on and grabbing his keys briskly from the bedside table and making his way slowly outside, being quite careful to lock the door behind him. Vincent made his way over to his bike and admired it for a moment. It was a good step up from the clunker he had rode into town on. He started the bike with ease using the kick-starter and started to make his way to his bike shop to do some light work.

MischiefMagics

Re: Grey Skies (Closed)

Post by MischiefMagics » Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 pm

Jasper had made it out of the house quick enough to keep Juniper in her line of sight. She could smell the pizza place as soon as they hit the end of the block, the smells of a variety of sauces and toppings made her scrunch her nose for a moment before continuing on after Juniper. She quickly and quietly approached June from behind before immediately holding up two fingers to the Host who in turn nodded before turning to gather his things. "I told you I was coming along." She said softly as they were led to being seated. "Don't let me forget to get Vincent something to eat please." She asked adjusting to where she was comfortable in the booth seeing as her feet couldn't touch the ground.

"So I was thinking, that maybe we can make it a girls day tomorrow and go shopping and get our nails done and stuff." She suggested as she sipped her long island iced tea. "I also wanted to talk about your working at the café. Right now since we're about to be moving spaces and everything I figured you could take some time to work with your modeling and work whenever you aren't busy with a shoot or something." She said her hazel eyes bright as she watched her.

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sat May 18, 2019 5:52 am

Juniper smelled Jasper before the girl began talking and managed to get them a booth. The girl went without protests, throwing her bag on her side of the booth and sitting down. She didn’t speak as she leaned back in her seat, crossing her thin arms over her chest as she watched Jasper from behind her sunglasses.

There was something about Jasper that made Juniper feel some type of way. It wasn’t bad nor good, it was just different. Juniper had never been much of a buddy buddy kind of girl. She had, had friends when she was human, but they had never been the close type. More for convince. But ever since she had met Jasper, though, Juniper found herself being carried away by the warm and trusting nature of the silver haired girl. It was hard to believe she was a witch, but then again her impression of witches had always been large, green skinned women with long noses and warts. Jasper looked like any other girl. She even did normal girl things, like suggesting a girls night and getting their nails done. As if Juniper wasn’t a freak of nature and Jasper wasn’t a potion brewing, vampire dating, witch.

Taking off her sunglasses, Juniper perched them at the top of her head. She wasn’t too keen on working at a Jasper’s cafe. In fact, Juniper had picked modeling as a job for the same reason that she didn’t have to do much work. The blonde girl felt bad telling Jasper that she was crazy if she thought Juniper was going to play kitchen and deal with snotty customers. So instead she shrugged and gave a slow nod. “We’ll see,” She said, she wouldn’t completely say no. She still wanted to pay her half of the rent and splurge on her expensive purchases, so maybe picking up that job wouldn’t be that bad.

Turning her attention to the window overlooking the street, Juniper cleared her throat. “So.. about Moaning Myrtle.. we’re not actually going to let her stay, right?”
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:☽ :*✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐨,
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

honeyicedtea

Post by honeyicedtea » Sat May 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Camila smiled tightly at Vincent as he spoke.

"Totally" she said in an unenthusiastic tone as he left 'oh good god this was a huge mistake' she thought as she watched him walk out the door. "Alone again" she murmured to herself as she walked down the hallway tracing the wallpaper with her finger and trying to think about what was best in this situation. She could always disappear, spend the rest of her time in the attic and wait for their eventual departure. Even at that they might be here for a long time, a small part of Camila wished for those frat boys back. But then again what was she meant to do, she couldn't exactly leave. They were technically living in her house, her soul was bound to it for all eternity after all so they couldn't tell her to pack her bags and leave.

But one of them was a witch... Camila was pretty indestructible except when it came to witch craft, and although she didn't want to be here having her essence shredded up and being sent who knows where wasn't ideal, teleporting to the attic she picked up the book that was strewn on the floor and looked at the page for a moment.

'the only time i feel alive is with you Jane'

She read the line and sighed throwing the book on a dusty pile of paper backs in the corner. So much for enjoying a book to take her mind off things

Xayve

Grey Skies (Closed)

Post by Xayve » Sat May 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Vincent cruised to a stop in front of his shop, his body relaxing as he caught the familiar scent of engine oil and exhaust fumes. He slowly made his way inside, trading his leather for a denim work vest. Today was going to be easy...apply a little paint, wait for the customer to pick up his bike, and go home with a few hundred in cash. He put on his painting mask and began to get to work. As he worked, Vincent began to clear his head a little and form some good ideas of how to move forward.
I need to take it easy on June... Vincent scolded himself. She is still pretty new to all this. I'm surprised she's handling it as well as she is. It was then that Vincent had an idea, something a man who he once considered a mentor had done with him a short while after they met.
What Damien did back then worked. It helped me understand a lot of things in a very clear way. I'll probably have to clear things with Jasper though first...I know I reacted badly the first time me and Damien talked. She might do the same.

With the thoughts in his head de-clouded, Vincent realized he had just about finished the bike. The phone call was short and orderly, and the customer would be by in half an hour to get his freshly painted motorcycle.

Well...guess all I can do is sit and wait.

MischiefMagics

Post by MischiefMagics » Sun May 19, 2019 2:37 am

"I think you misunderstood me." Jasper cleared her throat for a second. "I want you to worry more about your modeling that my café." She smiled before becoming rather serious once their new friend was brought up. "Camila. And I'm afraid we'll have to accept her into the family seeing as how we're buying the house. Not to mention ghosts can't just move about like in the movies. Not until they get better at being a ghost that is." She paused watching the young girls face before texting Vince.

":Figured out what you want yet?"

She sat the phone in her purse before adjusting her focus once more. "Just give it time June. I understand that it's a little confusing being thrown into all of this and who knows? Maybe you two will get along better than you think." She was trying to diffuse the situation but decided to just change the subject all together. "So where should we go tomorrow?" She smiled brightly

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Jasper said many things Juniper didn’t like, and as she turned her attention away from the window and back at the silver haired girl, Juniper couldn’t help the pouty look that appeared on her face. “Am I seriously the only one who would find it creepy having her drift around the house?” Juniper shook her head. “I know you and Vincent are the loving caring type but I don’t think it’s safe. She can touch things. What if she stabs us during our sleep? Or mostly you, actually. Isn’t there like a spell we can do? An exorcism? She’s lived long enough at that house maybe she should get some peace and shit. Lay her soul to rest.”

Juniper stopped talking as the waitress came out with their appetizers. Old Juniper would have ordered a salad, something to keep her thin and healthy. But new and wolfy Juniper didn’t have to worry about that anymore. So she dug into the sauce covered buffalo wings like a mini beast.

It was only until she was half way through the 20 pieces that she realized Jasper had mentioned her modeling. “I don’t think modeling is what I want to do in the long run. It’s not practical. I can do it for maybe five years, but I can’t do it forever. People will start noticing when I’m supposed to be 40 and I still look 19.” Wiping her hands on several napkins, she leaned back in her seat. “I don’t want to play kitchen at your cafe but I might have to. Until I figure something out.” It was something Juniper actually thought a lot about. Her life wasn’t simple anymore. It was almost funny how she had taken her mortality for granted. She had, had it easy. A simple, fragile life. Ignorant of supernaturals. Well back then. With the recent news of vampires things would have been different, but she knew that she would have been happy it wasn’t her. She would have grown up and married and raised a spawn and then died. As all things should. Juniper wasn’t completely sure how long wolves lived, but considering how difficult it was to kill herself when she had tried, it had to be a long time.

Sometimes it was crazy to think that this was her life now. This was who she was. She didn’t share her body with only Juniper, she shared it with an animal that required her to shift and run and hunt rabbits in the woods. And although she forced herself to hold out on shifting as long as possible, the animal always seemed to win.
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐨,
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

MischiefMagics

Grey Skies (Closed)

Post by MischiefMagics » Mon May 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Jasper picked at her chicken fettuccine alfredo as she listened to June talk. finding she was stressing and losing her appetite a bit as she saw she wasn't getting anywhere with this conversation. Sighing loudly she slugged down the last few drinks of her tea before getting her large bowl of pasta togo. "Well, I've got to go handle a few things. I'll see you at home." She said paying for both of their meals before placing her cheesy garlic bread in a small togo box, placing it in her bag on top of the pasta container. She stood, straightening up her outfit before taking her leave. Vincent was just going to have to talk to her because whatever Jasper was doing just wasn't getting through... At least she didn't have to pick him up some dinner now. She sighed heavily as she walked over to her bank and checked her P.O box for her buisness, pulling out the piles of paperwork and catalogs that were at least a foot high. Her eyebrow twitched as she stared at it in horror. "You've got to be kidding me I just picked up a pile this big yesterday!" She groaned loudly before sighing to calm down and grabbing the pile and taking them back home.

As soon as Jasper made it into the house she made a beeline for the large wooden diningroom table that was formed like a semicircle. In all reality it wasn't even a dining room table it was her office table but seeing as how she didn't have and office right now it didn't really have another use. She plopped the pile of paperwork down on the wooden surface that was already covered in two similar large stacks, sat the food on the top shelf in the fridge and sat down in the dimly lit dining room to get to work, flicking on the lamp so she'd at least have a bit of light and grabbing her pen and going through the first catalog.

Xayve

Grey Skies (Closed)

Post by Xayve » Tue May 21, 2019 1:39 am

Vincent watched as his customer pulled off on his recently finished bike. It had taken a lot less time than the guy had estimated it would to pick up his ride. With his days' work done, Vincent traded his work vest for his road leathers once more and took off for his bike, and ultimately the house. The engine started without a hitch, and before he knew it he had made it to his normal parking spot around the corner from his house. Making his way inside, Vincent called out to the world at large.
"Hey ladies, I'm home! Did you bring me food or will we be rid of the homeless guy down the road?"
Vincent began to walk the house at a normal pace, mainly just checking that certain things were left as they had been in the absence of the family, stopping once he found Jasper.
"Oh! Hi there darling, I didn't expect you'd be home just yet..." Vincent began. He was slightly surprised to see Jasper home this earl, at least until he saw the to-go boxes on the counter. When Vince saw the paperwork on the table he began to trail off slowly, knowing Jasper didn't like to be interrupted when she did these things, then thought better of remaining silent as it was for a good cause that she was being interrupted.
"...I get that you're busy, but I'd like to talk with you about something if you've got the time. It's about Juniper." Vincent began, his demeanor calm and, surprisingly, actually somewhat serious for a change. The topic wasn't overly serious. But he knew Jasper had to be thinking the same thing he was: In her current state Juniper could never achieve her full potential, and nonetheless was a bigger threat to herself and others untrained than she was if she even partially came to accept and work with her wolf half.
Well, at least I hope she's on my side. Vincent thought to himself as he readied himself to speak, waiting for Jasper to let him know she was ready to begin.

MischiefMagics

Post by MischiefMagics » Tue May 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Waving her right hand in the air, pen twirling between her index and middle finger. "I was needing to talk to you about her anyways." She said calmly not once removing her eyes from the catalog. "I don't think I'm able to get through to her. all of this is new to her and I think maybe-" She paused only her eyes looking up at him before she sighed and rubbed her face, groaning loudly. "-Maybe you should try and talk with her. After all I'm just a witch who doesn't understand half of what she's capable of." She looked up at him, already feeling exhausted but knowing she needed to get this done. "I just have so much I need to do. I'd try and handle it but.." Her voice trailed off as her soft hazel eyes gazed upon the piles of papers, catalogs, and paperwork surrounding her. "I also need to speak with Camila more, I'm sure I have some books or scrolls around here that can help her be more...physical." Her words were soft as she admired her man, her cheeks a soft pink as she smiled at him as Bobo made his presence know, meowing at Vincent.