The Clueless

Venus
Silver

Re: The Clueless

Post by Venus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:56 am

Liam had nodded when Brooke had said Heather was using the good ole bush. Sitting down on a rock, he had begun to shove his socks and shoes back on when Medora began talking about the mosquitos. Surprisingly they were staying away from him, and he was about to tease the girl about being bug chow when Kai trudged back into their little clearing with a ridiculous amount of wood. Quite abruptly, the kid dropped them all on the ground, making a ruckus in the process as they all scattered around and rolled in different directions. It was obvious panic was settling in, as Kai began talking about a "they" taking Heather. The British boy glanced uneasily at Kai, rubbing the back of his neck as he wondered what to do in this situation. It wasn't like he had ever dealt with a loon. But instead of reassuring the other boy, Liam looked at Brooke expectantly since she seemed to always have the answers. It was clear Brooke had taken the leader role, so Liam was going to sit back and let the leader lead.
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Mylo

Post by Mylo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:15 pm

"Thanks Medora," she held the lighter as Kai came back. Brooke didn't quite believe him when he said 'they' whoever 'they' were took Heather. However, some 10 minutes had passed and the girl still wasn't back. Now, it was getting stressful and the sun was about to set in around 15 minutes. Luckily, with the lighter, and some more wood from the boy, she was able to get a fire going.

So far, none of her ideas were well received by the group, but it didn't hurt to try to pitch another one to them despite this one tilting more on the risky side. "Okay !! Let's split up, groups of 2, and we come back here in 10 minutes max. I have some lipstick and I reckon one of you got a knife ? We could mark branches so that we can find the way back..."

Brooke really thought Heather might be lost somewhere and was too stuck up to ask for help. If not, the contrary would be too scary. "Medora, partner up with me ?"

MischiefMagics
Bronze

Post by MischiefMagics » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Medora shrugged as she stood up, checking to make sure she still had her hunting knife on her side. "Let's get going. If you tin into trouble just... retreat asap I guess."
She shuddered from a slight breeze before following Brooke. "Keep the lighter. I have like 5 on me." Her tone was rather focus on the mission, try and find the queen B. She's going to be stubborn to the point of recklessness.

As the night started to settle about 5 minutes later Medora did her best to make a torch. The smell of the Burning wood made her gag or maybe it was the smoke. She took a joint from her pocket and lit it, staying close to Brook as she marked trees through the path they were taking. "I'm not seeing Heather anywhere.. it just seems odd that she'd dissappear like this I mean.. surely we'd hear her complaining.

Mylo

Post by Mylo » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:00 pm

"Five lighters, girl you straight out of a jungle ?" Brooke chuckled as she kept the light in her pocket after thanking her.

Glad for the torch, the two girls set out opposite from where the guys would but minutes passed by and still no sign of Medora. It was getting chilly but the warmth emanating from the fire was good even though it made Brooke's eyes watery.

The crickets could make themselves heard as other nocturnal animals started making weird noises. "Neither do I. I wouldn't be shocked if she actually trademarked the verb," she nearly tripped on a rock as she quickly grabbed Medora's shoulder as support. "Oops, my bad. Perhaps the boys got luckier ? Let's go back ? " Brooke's stomach was actually crying out loud at this point and she knew the hippie girl heard it screaming too.

Arriving on camp, the boys were still not back. That might be good or bad news. All they had to do was wait.

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Before Liam could really say or do anything, Brooke had paired them off into two's and set off to search for Heather. He watched the disappearing backs of the girl's as they walked into the brush, before sighing and turning to Kai. Getting stuck with the anxious kid wasn't Liam's favorite thing, but he would make do. Getting up, he dusted the back of his jeans. It was getting darker and still no sign of anyone coming to look for them. In Kai's current state, Liam didn't think they'd make a successful search party, but maybe a little trip around the perimeter would distract the kid.

"Well they went that way so let's go this way," Liam said, shoving his hands in his pockets as he walked into the tall grass. Liam didn't feel like walking much or looking for Heather either. He doubted anything had happened to the stuck up girl, seeing as the area had been reserved for the school trip. The likelihood of her being in actual danger was small. Walking a couple of steps into the trees, Liam glanced around before settling down on a large boulder against a fallen tree trunk. "Well, we looked," He said, leaning back against the trunk. The small splinters of wood dug into the thin shirt he had on, but still, he didn't move. His stomach emitted a growl suddenly, and Liam sighed. It still wasn't time to panic, but it was getting pretty close.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Kai went unwillingly to the edge of the clearing, especially since he'd been adamant on staying in the middle just a few minutes prior. Yes, Heather was gone, and it was awful, but he didn't feel like sacrificing his own neck for the mean girl. Despite the slight possibility of Heather being stupid enough to walk away from the group, Kai wholeheartedly believed that someone else took Heather and lurked in the shadows. Which meant that their search was not only futile, but dangerous for them as well.

As they neared the perimeter, the sounds of nocturnal critters and creatures reached his ears, causing a shiver to run up his spine. He'd never spent a night in the forest, not ever. He could imagine that most people had tents or sleeping bags whilst camping, making his first time extra special and uncomfortable. That itchy, crawly feeling of insects travelling up his arms and legs was something he dreaded, since the hope of being found dwindled by the second.

Like Liam, Kai didn't have much interest in looking, although for vastly different reasons, unknown to him. Kai truly believed something or someone was out to get them, and he really didn't want to meet whatever it was. So he lingered a few steps behind Liam, still in the treeline of the clearing.

Liam's comment almost made him laugh, now knowing that neither of the two boys cared to look for their missing classmate. Liam definitely had more social standing than him, but it made the boy wonder why he wasn't interested in looking. "Let's go back then," the boy said, almost too eagerly. "Do you think she just walked off?" He asked, while taking a few steps back into the clearing.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Liam tilted his head back and closed his eyes, listening to the sound of the creepy crawlies and smaller animals as they dashed underneath the leaves on the ground. He wasn’t sure why the sounds of the forest were so much louder at night, maybe it was because he was paying more attention. When Kai spoke, Liam opened his eyes slightly to peer at the boy. He shrugged, not sure how to answer Kai’s question without freaking the other boy out.

“We can’t go back just yet,” Liam said. “We have to say out here for a few minutes. Make it look like we actually looked.” Opening his eyes, Liam smacked his arm suddenly, wincing at the pain and goo of the leftover mosquito on his arm. “I’m not sure what happened to her, honestly. More than likely she probably found the class and didn’t care to mention in the direction we went. She’s probably back on the bus, wrapped up in a blanket, eating whatever snacks someone had on them, while someone else rubs her feet.” Liam knew that wasn’t likely. Heather had been in no position to walk, not to mention the rest of their classmates were probably long gone. They had most likely gotten to their destination and then looped back through a different path. Whatever happened to Heather was a lot more serious than Liam was letting on, but he wasn’t about to tell Kai just to scare him even more.
illirica wrote:

MischiefMagics
Bronze

The Clueless

Post by MischiefMagics » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm

"I wonder how the boys are doing..?" Medora questioned as she fined setting up her hammock and stoked the fire, adding in a few more branches as well. She then proceeded to move two logs around the fire but found they were heavier than intended. "Uh.. hey Brooke can I get some help here?" She asked embarrassed she wasn't able to get the log to budge.

After getting the logs in place Medora plopped down onto one using her torchs light to help her look through her bag . "I have enough snack to last us a few days.. I'm sure the boys have stuff too but we're going to have to ration everything." She looked almost concerned as she spaced out, staring into the fire without second thought. They were so fucked.

There was a rummaging nearby startling her causing the wide eyed girl to stare, one hand on the hilt of her knife in case it was needed before she sighed. "Probably just the wind moving tree branches." Her voice cracked so she took a drink from her canteen to help. She didn't know what could've happened to Heather. . All she knew was she hadn't heard screams and that she was beginning to feel very uneasy
Last edited by MischiefMagics on Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:59 am

Kai could admit that maybe, just maybe, he was an anxious wreck. He was just a frail little leaf, desperately grasping onto the branch of sanity, while the windy craziness and threatened to blow him away. The boy could admit that. But he wasn't stupid, nor exceptionally naive. It didn't sit well with him, that Liam thought he was dumb enough to believe that bullshit, but hey? What could he do? Ramble on about his theories of psychotic murderers or sacrificial cults?

Kai felt his lips press together. He remained quiet, choosing not to question Liam's opinion, and to play up the naivety. After a moment of apparent deep thought, he finally spoke. "You're probably right. Good things happen to shitty people."

The weight beneath his feet shifted, as he adjusted his awkward, standing position. It wasn't hard to tell that he wanted to go back, but Liam was right (at least about that.) They needed to pass time doing nothing to show true effort; a motto Kai could get behind.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Mylo

Post by Mylo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 pm

“Sure, I got this.” After getting all the logs moved, Brooke plopped down next to Medora as she replied, “I mean, they should have been here by now.” It is then that she realised, maybe sending off the boys was not such a good idea. The best plan was to stay together. “You think we are going to stay here for days?” He face was plastered with worry. “Uhm, tomorrow we should head back to the parking lot. If the rangers can’t find us, we probably should just take our chances.” There was indeed just one main trail from which they came from. So, it was not that big of a deal. That is what our prayed for.

“You remember that time in the cafeteria when I spilled sour cream yogurt all over Mr Figgins.” Mr Figgins was the school counselor. A bit on the fat side, he was known for his mean temper. That day if Medora hadn’t pulled her out of the panic trance she was in, Brooke would have for sure been in detention for 5 saturdays straight. She knew she thanked her but right then, she wanted to express her gratitude again. “You really saved my ass that day. But you know what fact it reinforced? That he doesn’t know showers. I swear he smelled that way for a month,” Brooke said laughingly.

Her attention, like Medora, was diverted towards the ruffling of branches as she dug out her torch from her backpack. “Hello?? Anybody there?” Brooke called out while flashing the light in that direction.