Hi. I am old.

Say hi! Stay a while. We love you.
Inkwren

Hi. I am old.

Post by Inkwren » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm

I am old in years.

I feel old.

I am old and experienced at writing with partners.

I am old...fashioned.

I am too old to appreciate anime. (But my daughter loves it.)

I am looking for other old writers.

Surely, though I be old, I am not alone.

I have two stories I would love to find that perfect partner for. One I have the female role and in the other I have the male.

The first is a futuristic sci-fi tale about survival and romance.

The second is a present day fantasy tale of serial killers and supernatural beings.

I know this is a bit of an intro mixed with an interest check. I will post it in that department too and if it really shouldn't be in one or the other, let me know I I will correct my error.

This makes me sound crotchety and cranky, but I am really not. I don't bite either.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Hi. I am old.

Post by illirica » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Hello, old person! Welcome to the site - we've actually got a pretty wide age range, so we're happy to have you no matter how crotchety you happen to be. We can complain about how kids these days have no respect, and everyone needs to get off our lawns.

I'll give you the obligatory run-down as usual:

First, the link to our rules and FAQs. Read them if you haven't yet, and if you already did, you're ahead of the game.

If you're looking to join an RP, try looking in one of the "Requests" sections - there's one for casual (basic, easygoing RP), one for intermediate (a bit more effort required) and one for advanced (for when you really want to put effort in, but much slower). Any of the recent "REQ" threads in those sections are good places to get started - just take a look and see if you can find something that appeals to you. There's a huge variety of RPs on this site, and you're more than welcome to create one of your own as well.

There are also two other areas - Superhero Sandbox, which is a multi-tier comic-style universe, and a Fallout area that is just starting up. For each of those sections, you'll create a character (or characters) and weave them in and out through several different storylines. It's up to you which style of RPing is more appealing to you, and of course you're welcome to try both - plenty of us hang out in multiple areas.

I mod over at the Superhero Sandbox, but I hang out all over the place and I'm happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to hit me with any inquiries and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with, and enjoy your stay!

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Hi. I am old.

Post by Annasiel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 am

Inkwren wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm
I am old in years.

I feel old.

I am old and experienced at writing with partners.

I am old...fashioned.

I am too old to appreciate anime. (But my daughter loves it.)

I am looking for other old writers.

Surely, though I be old, I am not alone.

I have two stories I would love to find that perfect partner for. One I have the female role and in the other I have the male.

The first is a futuristic sci-fi tale about survival and romance.

The second is a present day fantasy tale of serial killers and supernatural beings.

I know this is a bit of an intro mixed with an interest check. I will post it in that department too and if it really shouldn't be in one or the other, let me know I I will correct my error.

This makes me sound crotchety and cranky, but I am really not. I don't bite either.
I adore your username.
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest