Highrise

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Highrise

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Link to the OOC
Link to the RP

This isn’t home.

She had been at a cafe, hadn’t she? Sakura could remember going for a cup of tea before... before what? She had closed her eyes after the waitress had taken her order, was this a dream then? The view definitely made it seem like that was the case. She was high up, high enough she had a clear view of her surroundings, but this wasn’t any city she recognized. High-rises filled the the landscape for as far as she was able to see, and between some she could catch glimpses of bridges swaying in the wind.

Cutting easily through the surrounding buildings, a delicate black spire rose far up into the sky, threatening the clouds above. In the edge of conscious thought, Sakura could feel a pull, a desire blooming somewhere in her heart to reach that spite because there something good was bound to happen. If she could just reach that spire then she could-

Sakura tore her eyes away as she scrambled back from the window, her heart hammering against her chest. This had to be a dream, there was no other way a city like this could exist if it weren’t a dream.

A scream claimed the air and quieted the tumbling thoughts in Sakura’s mind with a jolt. Almost automatically her body moved to the door of the apartment, her hip catching the side of a dining room chair with a scrape. The scream ended with a wet snap.

Sakura pressed her hands to her lips as she took a step back. A new sound, heavy footsteps drawing near.

Not a dream.

Certainly buzzed from some edge of her mind. The footsteps stopped. Was the door locked? She hadn’t inspected the room, has she? The doorknob turned. Hide where could she hide? Under the table? No too small. Behind the couch? The door swung open and a man stepped through.

He wore a brown trench coat and a black and white checkered scarf speckled with red, the mask he wore was pure white with the only features two holes for the eyes and a broad smile.

He lifted the firemen’s axe he carried, and took a step into the room.

——————

You don’t remember how you arrived here, but when you opened your eyes you found yourself in a landscape dominated by a seemingly unending number of skyscrapers. In the distance there stands one which rises well above all those that surround it, a black spire, and by simply gazing upon this tower you feel certain that if you were to reach it something good would happen. Though, reaching this destination will be no easy feat as killers roam these skyscrapers; men and women with who wear white masks.

There is no reasoning with those that wear these masks. That is a rule of this world.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Highrise

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 pm

I'm Commander Annasiel and this is my favorite post on RPF
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:00 pm

This is weird and doesn't make sense and kinda makes sense anyway and I love it.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:05 pm

Come to a world filled with skyscrapers! Get killed by friends wearing masks!

If you have any questions feel free to ask : )
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:06 pm

Can I come die here? Please?

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Absolutely!

The CS is going to be pretty basic, planning on PMing questions about the characters at a later date, but most of that depends on how the story goes. Bio can be a quick overview followed by what they were doing before they woke up in the other world.

Name:
Short Bio:
Appearance:

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Name:
Yuri Oshiro

College Student

Short Bio:
When she was in high school Yuri was the captain of the school’s track team, and while she wasn’t the strongest runner around, she was quite good at keeping teammates motivated. She had decided to take her freshman year off to focus more on her studies once she started college, but she did her best to continue running while she had free time.

Yuri was between classes studying in the dining hall when she slipped into the city of skyscrapers.

Appearance:

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 am

Name: Isabelle Capelli

Short Bio:
Isabelle was a quiet, bookish student, and became a quiet bookish adult. She went to college to become a CPA, and works as a junior member of an accounting firm, mostly doing corporate bookwork. Her work is mostly designed around making sure that rich people stay rich and get richer, but Isabelle figures someone has to be rich, and if she does a good enough job at it, maybe she'll be able to make her own fortune - or at least finish paying off her student loans.

Isabelle was sitting on the subway train on the way home from working late again, when she found herself in the city of skyscrapers.

Appearance:

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am

Name: Jan Visser

Short Bio:

It was hard to tell which happened first, Jan rejecting society or Jan being rejected by it. Unable to hold down a job for more than a few months, unable to make it through college, he found himself bouncing from odd task to odd task doing whatever people needed done. He wasn't bad at work, exactly. Wasn't really good at anything, but not an absolute failure. The confines of structure just often felt stifling, and before long, he'd always find himself losing any and all interest in continuing on.

He had been sleeping on one of his friend's couch when he slipped into the city of skyscrapers.

Appearance:

I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:40 am

Ah, they are both quite lovely! I’m sure they will have a great time getting chased around and possibly slightly murdered.