The Beginning of the End

CrashJr
Silver

Re: The Beginning of the End

Post by CrashJr » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 am

"Inhaler?" he questioned and lowered the pistol. He knew he was acting crazy, thinking that this teenage looking girl could come in here and mess up his whole set up. "Come on...sorry just...I'll explain after you can breath, kid" he nods and waves her over and moves aside so she can enter the room. Watching her for a moment he began, each word he began to realize he sounded stupider and stupider. "Sorry, for the..." he nodded to the gun in his hand, "I hadn't had issues with the lights since coming down here then right after letting you in...they flicker. I went to check the generator and it sounded like it was making a noise so I turned it off to fix and..." he paused again and looked around at the orange bathed hall and room.

"Well now it's not coming back on. I'm smart, not good with hands on things" he nods and looks away from her. "Well either way the emergency power will only work pumping in air for 24 hours, after that it's....this place goes dark" he again nods and looks down to the far hall and at the metal door. "We need to pack up and go out the escape hatch, the main gate won't budge without the power." he sighs softly.

He had never wanted to leave this place, this was going to be were he'd live out his days, then his undead days if the virus was air born. Now he had to go out into the world, something that terrified him to the core.

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:08 am

Damon smiled at the memory of Bunny and the hedgehog. While Bunny did enjoy animals, she was incredibly allergic to most of them, which is why she had never owned a pet herself. Her symptoms weren’t fatal, but she tended to break out into hives and sneezes. That didn’t stop her from jumping at the chance to pet a dog or cat whenever she could, though.

“Yeah it’s kind of stupid though because she’s allergic to them,” Damon said, rolling his eyes. He felt his stomach growl, and the boy place a hand on it, giving it a little pat, pat before he slid off the cot and got to his feet. “Isn’t it almost time for morning rations? I honestly lose sense of time in this place. Especially without clocks.”

Bunny came to a halt when she spotted the service dog vest on the dog, suddenly feeling her cheeks heat up. She had wanted to pet him, but she knew that distracting a service dog wasn’t polite or a good idea. She looked up at the owner, then away. “Yeah sorry... I didn’t know he was on duty or anything. I don’t want to distract him if that’s the case.” The blonde girl wanted to shrink into the shadows and slither away, but she also didn’t want to be rude. Hadn’t she been rude enough by attempting to pet a service dog while working?
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚:☽ :*✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐨,
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Artsy_Pie

Post by Artsy_Pie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Grace stumbled into the room and towards the bed where her things were laying on, grabbing her inhaler she sat on the bed and gave a few puffs of her inhaler shaking it in between. She still felt a little shaky, but was starting breath better. Grace listened to his explanation, so they both thought the other did something to the bunker... Well she felt relieved that her only friend in the Apocalypse so far was not going to kill her. Dread of going back outside, however, made the relief short lived.

'Sorry, when the orange light came on I got..well scared i guess and went around trying to find you..and well, lets just say i'm pleased to not have died." She says sheepishly after her breathing had calmed down and it was easier to talk. She stayed seated for a while longer has she packed her things, taking a look at her phone to see if her father, either father, may have contacted her. She gave a frown and went to reapply duct tape to her arms and legs again.

"Do you mind if I grab my bat from upstairs? I did not bring it before in case you didn't want it inside, but since we are... leaving I would feel better to bring it with me" She explains, sounding a little awkward.
The world is full of things that people want to ignore, but sometimes to fix it we have to face it.

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Eliza nods "Yeah my watch that was clipped to my waist still works, they gave us food yesterday at... 8am and its 7:52am right now. So they probably are letting the elderly and the young eat next. Then ought to be us and then the even more bodily able." She let this thought linger for a moment in her mind, she was thinking up ways they could be using this for alternative reasons. But she was quick to shove it off and look at Bunny and the guy. She nodded towards the two so Damon could see as well. Bunny, flustered and the guy calmly talking to her.

Thomas smiles and looks down at Tusio whose tail was slightly wagging at Bunny. "Here I'm sure I'll be fine for a few minutes. Tusio hasn't been able to play much with all this stuff going on." He bent down and unzipped his service vest and reached into his bag pulling out a knotted rope and a small pouch of treats. The moment the vest came off of Tusio he sniffed around Bunny before sitting in front of her obediently "Oh Tusio likes you. Here he likes to fetch and tug on it. Don't worry I won't be going far." Sure Thomas knew this could seriously be dangerous but Tusio deserved to be a regular dog and have some playtime occasionally, which they hadn't been able to do with this outbreak of god knows what
πSpy's like me like Pies like you.π

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:40 am

"You can...but if you know how to shoot I got the guns" he nods and backs up out of the room. "I'm gonna go grab a couple bags and load em up, you just relax okay" he nodded and turned heading to his master suite. Opening the door he gave a sigh looking around the rather large room with the king sized bed, the dress, large tv, and door that lead to his master bathroom. However, he had no time to really think as he walked over to the bed and knelt down reaching under the bed and grabbing out a large military style bag then reaching out again pulling out another military style bag, this one just a bit smaller then the first.

Opening the larger one he walks over to the dresser and pulls out some clothes and packs them in the bag before walking into the bathroom. In the corner was a standing cabinet that he opened and looked over all the meds that he had. None were his, persay, in fact most all these were black market buys. Starting to grab at different bottles of pain killers and antibiotics into both bags he gave a nod and left the room, for the last time. From there he went to the kitchen and began to load up cans of different foods as well as a few MRE's as well as several bottles of water. After that he headed to the armory and picked out a few rifles and pistols for the two and loaded enough ammo in each bag, making sure to leave the smaller bag with enough room for Grace to put in stuff from her other bag.

As he headed back to the room he stopped in the center of the halls and sighed, this was his home and he was being forced to leave because of his own stupidity. Although he knew if they really wanted they could come back and grab things that he'd left if needed, but now wasn't the time. He continued to walk and soon stood back in the door shouldering the larger pack and holding out the smaller. "Food, water, ammo, and I left room for you to put your stuff in here. We'll grab the guns on the way out" he says with a solemn tone.

Artsy_Pie

Post by Artsy_Pie » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Grace gives a nod as she watched Dean exit the room and laid back on the bed with a sigh. It hasn't even been a day and she'll have to go back to the outside world.

"Bummer" she mutters and gives a laugh sitting up rubbing her face. She could tell Dean was upset as well. She wonders how they will fair outside with the zombies. "Well... I survived for this long I'm sure we can survive together for longer." She says to herself packing the rest of her things and putting her hoodie on along with her shoes. She exited the room to grab her bat quickly.

The orange was creepy to her, it reminded her of a couple different horror movies she watch as she made her way down the hall. As she grabbed her bat she took a look out the window to see what time it was, she watched the clouds drift by past the sun and sky and could feel a pulse of anger, it would be a perfect day if not for the zombie outbreak. Who caused this to happen? She shook her head not wanting to think about it and went back to the bunker room to continue packing.

She look up to Dean as he returns, "I think I'm good I made sure I could fit everything in my bag."she says, checking her phone again before putting it in the pack. "And alright, my father taught me how to shoot a gun so hopefully if we run into trouble I'll be somewhat useful. If not I'll bring the bat just in case" she adds with a smile and stands up. Ready to go.
The world is full of things that people want to ignore, but sometimes to fix it we have to face it.

CrashJr
Silver

Post by CrashJr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:33 am

"Naw, I insist on you changing bags. I got food, water, meds, and ammo in this one. If you wanna keep that bag you can, but I'd wear this one mainly" he nods and hands it over to her before turning to look down the hall. "Well let's get going" he says not sounding at all to happy. Walking down the hall he stops at the armory and grabs the rifle he picked for himself as well as the pistol then nods to the second set. He then turns and walks over to a cabinet to pull out a few folded papers, slipping them into his pocket before turning back.

Leading the way back out of the room and along the hall, he passes by the generator room and stops at the metal door at the end of the hall. Turning the lever on the door he opens it to a tunnel, unlike the nice looking bunker this looked more like dug out hall way underground. It was dark and the orange light from the bunker only gave sight to ten feet, further then that was darkness. "I had this tunnel done like a maze just in case anyone outside the wall found the hatch they'd just get lost in the tunnel. Now..." he paused and thought for a moment. "From the door to the hatch is...a left, right, right, left, right, then ladder" he nods having to remember how he'd had it set up.

Unhooking a flashlight from the bag he turned it on bathing the tunnel in a bright white light and began to walk ahead. He didn't close the door mainly due to the lock on it and if they were to ever come back, then they'd be able to get in again. Making the turns he remembered they soon came to a ladder and he began to head up. The climb only being halted by him having to open the hatch, which once that was done he opened the metal hatch and looked around the wooded area. The forest was calm and quiet, a bit to quiet for his liking, but he figured that this was the norm now.

He quickly climbed out and waved up Grace while looking around the area. "Okay, so, now what?" he asked looking to the girl to see if she'd had a plan while he closed and locked the hatch back then covered it with pine straw and leaves to hide it.

Artsy_Pie

Post by Artsy_Pie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Grace took the bag and put her other bag inside it. Putting the bag on she follows him out of the room and looks into the armory. Looking at the different kinds of weapons she picked a pistol seeing she wasn't that strong and grabbed a gun holster for it. She put it in and made sure the gun was on safety before playing it in.

She walked with Dean down the hallway and gave a concerned look as she stared into the tunnel, a lot of things could go wrong here. Her face grew even more concerned as Dean hoping he actually remembered the way. She climbed down the ladder, her baseball bat held tightly in her hands listening for noises. She was glad for the light. They did find the exit, but to Grace's relief.

She waited in the tunnel as Dean checked to make sure it was safe and climbed up when he waved at her to come up. Climbing up she took a look around the forest, she hadn't expected it to be..so quiet. She wasn't even sure there were still animals around...

"Hm?" She turned her attention to her companion realizing he said something and took a moment to figure out what he said. "Oh um..well we could go to the stadium but I'm not sure if that's the best course of actions..I guess there would be safety in numbers but always the possible chance of the sickness to spread quickly with so many people packed together like that..." she says thinking of a different plan. "We could just wonder around and go to house at night and make sure to keep enough supplies. Or look for places that could be possible places to keep safe at"

Venus
Silver

Post by Venus » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:06 am

Damon nodded, going to lean against the doorway as he watched the man, Bunny, and the dog. The blue eyed boy watched in amusement as Bunny stood there awkwardly when the vest was removed from the dog. He seemed to transform completely, and it was quite adorable. Glancing at Eliza, the boy sighed and shrugged. “Maybe we should go help serve out rations or something? I feel kind of useless standing around.”

Meanwhile, Bunny was hesitant to pet the dog. But technically he wasn’t working anymore, so carefully, she reached out and scratched behind his ear before growing more confident and scratching the other ear with her other hand. “Such a good boy,” She said quietly, smiling at him.
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐨,
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Eliza who had followed shortly after Damon found herself also for a time entranced by the adorableness of Tusio and could definitely see herself in the very same situation. When her eyes drifted to the owner of the dog she looked at a broker in a simple firm trading stocks day in and out. Similar to her Father in a way of work ethic. He seemed calm and collected, calculated. This made her stay aware but to, as she looked back down to Tusio and now Bunny who's petting him, just enjoy things while she could. When Damon spoke up she looked at him, snapping out of her thoughts "Actually that might mean we get food earlier, and maybe someone can say whats going on outside." she checked her phone, her cord and battery pack hanging out of her pocket, which was hidden under her shirt until she checked her phone's percentage and time before putting it all back in her jeans pocket and fixing her shirt. "Yeah they probably need some help."

Thomas smiled softly while he watch Tusio kept being gentle and playful with Bunny(he doesn't know her name). He looked around for a place to sit and relax and watch lazily while he thought over things. He noticed the people that came up to the door when the girl rushed out to Tusio so he could only infer that they were with her as well. He nodded to them both before he shifted and moved to sit leaning on a nearby wall. Tusio licked her arm and often looked into her eyes. His mouth opened as he started panting softly and it appeared he was smiling a little. His tail wagging and thumping on the floor.
πSpy's like me like Pies like you.π