Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Icy

Re: Dawning [Reserved Icy]

Post by Icy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:39 am

Merchants...the word sounded familiar enough though she probably heard of the term in another village. If she thought about it every one she passed through had people who sold things, but she never had money to buy things so she never paid much attention to them. She still didn't have money. It looked like an intriguing and fun job, some seemed to come alive when people approached. Including the one Alice led her towards. There were stuffed animals of all kinds on the stand and she couldn't help but take a look, her eyes shining with child-like wonder. She's never had one of her own and there ewas a pretty ivory one with a purple lace ribbon around the neck that caught her eye, but she looked away quickly, her gaze landing on Alice. Her favorite animal...she's gotten to see many in her time out there and there were many she liked to watch, deer and... rabbits especially. "...rabbits."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Alice smiled and looked back at the table "Looks like there's a few rabbits here..." she commented. To which the young gentleman eagerly nodded in agreement, still remaining silent. The Merchants knew better than to try and sell their goods to Miss Alice, so he held his tongue. "Why don't you pick one out, Ellie..." she offered, looking back at the young girl with a bright smile. After all, children needed toys right? She hoped it would at least offer her some company. Alice knew that when she was a little girl stuffed animals were her favorite. She used to have this fox sewn together by various fabrics and yarn. Wonder where he ended up... she thought absentmindedly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:13 am

Ellie glanced at the ivory rabbit but looked away again, she really didn't want Alice to spend a lot of money on her. The dresses were going to be a lot on their own she was sure, and she was already starting to feel guilty about that. It was too much, she still felt like she didn't deserve any of these nice things. All her toys and clothes before had been hand me downs so she didn't know how to even properly react to or take care of new things. A part of her was afraid that she would just ruin them and she didn't want to ruin things that Alice gave her. What if it hurt her feelings? That would make her feel terrible. After a short moment she shook her head and lowered her silver gaze to the ground, fidgeting with her hands. They both looked at her so expectantly that it made her a little nervous. "...it's okay..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Alice peered down at Ellie and offered a reassuring smile "Are you sure, Ellie? I really don't mind..." she said. It was almost sweet how considerate the child seemed to be, but Alice wanted her to have a child hood. It already seemed like Ellie was far too mature for her age. She deserves to be a kid... she thought. She turned her attention back to the stuffed animals and looked them over herself "I always loved having stuffed animals, they make the best toys if you ask me," she beamed. She looked at the young gentleman curiously "Did you make these?" she asked. The young gentleman nodded eagerly and gestured to all the stuffed toys.

"Each are hand-made by myself, personally," he explained enthusiastically. "My mother taught me all the tricks."

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 pm

Ellie shrugged her shoulders; she did want one, what child wouldn't? They all looked so nice and she couldn't imagine the amount of work that went into making even one of them. She just didn't want Alice spending more on her than was necessary. The man looked so eager to make a sale that she was starting to feel bad, she didn't know what to do. He was probably used to the majority of children that probably jumped at the opportunity to get a new toy, but she wasn't the majority. Never having been spoiled probably had something to do with how she acted now, she had learned to appreciate what she had and to never expect more from others. Even if what she had was broken and fell apart in a few days. Even if it had made her sick or sad. Her birth parents had truly treated her like a black sheep and she was still stuck in that mindset. "I don't get new things..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:26 am

Alice simply smiled brightly in return and replied "Well today is a new day!" She made a sweeping gesture towards the stuffed toys "You can pick one out, Ellie. I really don't mind getting you things..." she smiled. To be honest she was probably going to come back here later and get Ellie a toy if she didn't pick one now, she was going to get a toy one way or another. Maybe I'm being too pushy? Overwhelming her? She considered with slightest frown though the look quickly vanished. She looked at Ellie and smiled gently "If you want..." she offered. She knew she could get a bit excited about things and not everyone adjusted to her excitement well. Goodness knows Elijah could only take so much of her excitement before he needed a breather.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Ellie looked at the ivory bunny again, hesitant to point it out at first. It felt like there was a pressure on her heart and head and she felt...overwhelmed. Not enough to be noticeable, she was used to bottling up her feelings even though it wasn't healthy. Especially with the sort of gifts she had. When she exploded the weather reacted to it and though she was afraid of that, she was afraid of upsetting the people around her even more. The opinions of others really mattered to her. Something else her birth parents, and now her ex adoptive parents, could be blamed for. After a moment she took a deep breath to calm herself down and smiled though it was saddened, it would be for some time. "Okay." She mumbled, pointing to the ivory one with the purple lace ribbon around its neck with one tiny pale finger. It was the prettiest out of all of them, to her. Something drew her to it though she wasn't entirely sure what...she just hoped it wasn't too expensive.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:36 pm

The young man beamed pleasantly and took hold of the stuffed bunny and held it out to Ellie. "Good choice!" he said and glanced at Alice. Alice smiled and pressed a few coins into his hands, murmuring her thanks. The two exchanged a few short words before Alice turned towards Ellie and knelt down. "Are you doing okay?" she asked and smiled apologetically "I don't want to push you too much, I just want to make sure you're happy..." she explained. Certainly materialistic things couldn't make joy but it could certainly help be a source of it. Alice brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled. "Every little girl deserves a stuffed toy I think, a companion. Now if there's any more storms you can hug this bunny close and everything will be alright." Perhaps a bit of a naive statement but she did hope the stuffed rabbit would give the young girl some sense of comfort.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Ellie hesitantly took the bunny from the man, holding it as if she didn't know what to do with it now that she had it. The ivory material was smooth against her hands and a bit tougher than she first thought but still soft enough to be cuddly. She looked up as Alice knelt down in front of her, shrugging her shoulders though it was clear in her eyes that she was steadily growing uneasy. There was a lot going on, but she's handled situations that were more tense than this before. This was a walk in the park in comparison to some of the things she's been through, but she didn't dare say that aloud, she didn't want to have to explain what she meant. It would sadden Alice and she wasn't sure just how much she trusted her yet. "Thank you..."she mumbled, holding the bunny close so that she wouldn't think she didn't like it because she did. All of this was very new to her, but she wasn't too sure how a stuffed animal would help her not to be as scared of storms. It couldn't comfort her or talk to her until she calmed down, but maybe during the next storm she would come to understand. She looked down at the bunny with a thoughtful expression, it would take her awhile to be happy again, but maybe one day she would get there.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Alice smiled gently, reaching out to lightly touch Ellie's arm. "You're welcome, Ellie..." she said softly. She laughed softly, a sound quite melodic. "I'm sorry, I get so excited at times. It would drive my brother, Elijah, up a wall..." she said, standing once more. Elijah was a patient man and he had always watched over her, but goodness knows sometimes her bubbly excitement would drive him mad. After all, he was much more calm in nature and perhaps that was why. All her energy surely exhausted him. She offered her hand to Ellie again "We'll head straight to the book store next, after that your dresses should be about done..." she explained lightly. The young man behind the stand bid them a quiet farewell and turned his eager attention on the new customers approaching the display.