Don't Look Here!

A place for those who dabble in paint. Or, you know, pixels. Because they matter too.
Shinigami
Mod No More

Re: Don't Look Here!

Post by Shinigami » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 am

Nice. O_O

Looking forward to the finished product. X3
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:43 pm

#DrawInYourStyle Challenge
IMG_20190321_013923_017.jpg
IMG_20190321_013923_017.jpg (55.37 KiB) Viewed 215 times
I've always wanted to do something for this challenge, so I finally did. I was able to use a new brush that I had to make for a class that's super nice and really good at blending, which I wasn't expecting.

The original is made by Rossi Gifford (@rossi.gifford) on Instagram. She's a great illustrator!
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu May 02, 2019 5:56 am

Damn, if the last thing I posted on here was the drawing challenge, then it truly has been a while. Welp, my first year of college has finally drawn to a close, and now I have time to get y'all caught up! :D

Board Game Character Concepts
boardgamedoodles.png
boardgamedoodles.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 176 times
I took a class this semester called Game Studio. It was supposed to simulate being in a game studio and designing, well, games. The last project we did was taking 5 weeks to create our very own board game with a team of four. I'm proud to say that the project was super fun and exciting, and I actually got to do things that lined up with my future career! I designed the characters and worked with the other team member that would be making the game pieces in 3D. Since that part of the job was smol (taking the whole project into consideration), I acted as the director of the group and made sure things were on track and didn't go out of hand. It was SO COOL!! And the game turned out really well! It's, in essence, a dating board game. Maybe I'll post it sometime.

Sorry for so much text, I'm really excited lol

Okay, so apparently all of my other files are too big for this. I'll post them soon :D

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue May 21, 2019 4:44 am

Mkay, so I COMPLETELY forgot to post my other stuff to here. My bad.

The Seamstress
This was the final product of my last project for Creative Process, and for what it is, I'm really proud of it. It's the culmination of all of my hard work and practice throughout the semester on trying to better my skills, and even though they're far from what I want, I'm a lot better than I was before. Anyways, our job was to create a superhero that was based on a flaw, then create an object they would use. I don't think I followed the prompt on the flaw too well, but by God did my professor love my character!

The Bringer Of Death
I'm not particularly proud of this, but I'm glad I actually finished him instead of leaving his design to rot in my folder. It's not terribly detailed, but it's my first full piece I've ever done on my own with the background and everything. C:

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue May 21, 2019 4:51 am

coffee doodle
coffee.jpg
coffee.jpg (88.07 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Was waiting for my mum to come out of chemo treatment, so I did some doodles and some prompts, and one of those prompts was coffee. So y e e t I guess.

Umbrella Academy dooooodle
UmbrellaAcademy1.png
UmbrellaAcademy1.png (1.69 MiB) Viewed 154 times
Okay, so I was gonna include all four that I did (Luther, Klaus, Allison and Diego), but the file was too big and I didn't like how I did Allison and Diego anyways, so I cropped them lol. I didn't think Luther's would end up looking okay and Klaus was just fun to sketch. Vanya is my all-time favorite out of the Umbrella Academy, but I couldn't do her justice.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu May 23, 2019 2:10 am

Moi
me2 JPG.jpg
me2 JPG.jpg (390.59 KiB) Viewed 140 times
I consider this a decent selfie.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sat May 25, 2019 4:30 am

Drawing Style Challenge
I decided to take up the drawing challenge that's been kind of trending lately. I'm 50/50 on how I feel about this lol. I think coloring ruined some of them for me, but I really enjoyed analyzing and replicating other styles. I really liked studying Faith Erin Hick's style (the only one not colored), because she's one of my favorite artists and quite possibly my favorite comic book/graphic novel artist. I really recommend y'all take a look at her stuff when you get the chance. Some of my favorites are "The Last of Us: American Dream" and the Nameless City series.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sun May 26, 2019 6:21 am

I feel like I've been posting a lot on here lately.... Ah well. We just finished our first official session for my D&D group, and I'm already loving these characters. We've got Torvold, a sassy illiterate tortle barbarian that's prone to smacking everything with his warhammer, pissing on corpses, and has taken a liking to our gnome ranger. (He thinks it's cute how small she is.) Kyber is a haunted human paladin that we've just met. He's kind of the unsaid elected leader of the party, which I'm sure he's fine with. He's levelheaded in the face of fear, though he's a bit suicidal because of his past. I'm not kidding when I say this next one: Mrs. Gnome-It-All is a wisecracking gnome ranger that is obsessed with puns and sexual jokes. She's unique. My character is an awkward satyr bard named Faewyn. As sweet and helpful as she may be to other people, she seems to be the one taking the most damage out of the whole party because of poor planning.

I know it's not necessary to introduce y'all to the party, but I who knows! I might sketch more pictures of the gang. :D

You really expect me to use this.
There was an idea that my DM (my bf ;) ) tossed around towards the beginning of the session where Mrs. Gnome-It-All would wield a greatsword, and I thought the image was funny so, naturally, I doodled it the entire session.

Torvold. (My interpretation)
I really like Torvold. He's funny and really sassy for such a buff-looking dude. He called us out for having him carry a book out of anything else when he's illiterate. He's honest, though he has no filter. His creator mentioned that Torvold's warhammer is made out of another shell of another tortle, but I forgot about that until the end of my drawing lol.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed May 29, 2019 5:31 am

I'm gonna try and make my own D&D campaign (which is going quite nicely so far), and I want to have a visual for most, if not all, of my characters. This one is going to be a knight called Jada Adelheim, who acts as an agent for a kingdom called Arlom alongside her brother, Fifel, who I'll also do a drawing of. I'm really excited for this! :D
Adelheim WIP (2).jpg
Adelheim WIP (2).jpg (183.98 KiB) Viewed 103 times

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed May 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Finished her! Time to work on her b r o t h e r.