[REQ] [F] The Starlight Chronicles: Wrath of the Demon King

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
TheDarkOne

[REQ] [F] The Starlight Chronicles: Wrath of the Demon King

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 am

The end is near...

The final words of the prophet rocked the Kingdom of Berginval, sending the royal family and scholars into a panic. The final prediction of the prophet was that an ancient evil, the Demon King Orobos, would rise again to spread destruction and calamity as he raised his army to wage war against the Heavens once more. Almost 5,000 years ago, his war with the angels and the Almighty had scarred the land, until their ancestors forged the Iluvinum. Weapons capable of not only dispelling his magic, but able to harm the Demon King himself, they were wielded by champions of all the races, who united to push him back with the help of the angels. When he was weakened, the royal line sealed him deep below the earth with their magic, after the hero of legend struck him with Tyhrial, the first forged weapon of the Iluminum with the power to seal darkness away. Yet the damage had already been done, and the holy energy flowing from the Heavens weakened as the angels cut themselves off from the world to rebuild. Leaving behind a elite order of mortals capable of permanently destroying demon souls known as the Exorcists, these helped keep the land safe while the royal family and their allies rebuilt.

Over the millennium, the fabled Iluvinum weapons were lost to time or destroyed in wars, but for the most part peace reigned throughout the land, with the Kingdom of Berginval being a stabilising force throughout the land. They held firm alliances with the other races, and built forts throughout the land to defend their borders, and while they did face off against some pretenders rising for the throne, the royal family managed to rule over the land with just cause. The demon attacks from their underground home weakened as they faced off against the Exorcists, and eventually stopped. While Exorcists still existed, their importance was greatly diminished, as was their numbers. After the words of the prophet however, the royal family of Berginval launched a search for the remaining Iluvinium and the Exorcist numbers were expanded through criminals and prisoners as the demon attacks slowly began to resume. Funds were provided, and across the land excavations took place to locate the lost weapons. Several were located, and at a council held at Berginval, champions were chosen across the land to wield the weapons against the oncoming darkness, and plans were made to make their stand at Berginval, whose central location and access to Lake Sargost make retreat a possibility. Rations were stocked, armies gathered and then the fateful time arrived.

The Exorcists were broken at their fortress of Scala Vulain, the survivors making their way to Berginval to join with the Grand Army, bringing news that the Demon King arrived. Grand Master Salaman was granted one of the Iluvinum and joined the ranks of the champions to await the arrival of the Demon King's army. Meanwhile Princess Alessandra struggled to keep peace between the many refugees, races and classes. After the death of her father and inheriting the kingdom in such dire straits, she struggled to maintain hope amoung the people while struggling with the fact her magic was unstable, and unable to be relied upon to fight Orobos. Her chosen guardian however was legendary even amoung the champions. Wielding Tyhrial, Lucian Starsword rallied and inspired men, a swordsman from an outlying village around Berginval who remained undefeated on the battlefield, it is he who would be able to seal the darkness away and served as the leader of the champions, allowing them to operate autonomously amongst themselves and their people, requiring they only join together to fight Orobos when the time came. While everyone drilled and shored up their defenses, everyone knew it wouldn't be long until they faced up to the darkness. Then it came.

Everything happened so fast. There was no siege engines needed, no retaliation, animalistic demons charged the walls and scaled them with their claws to fight against the defenders who met them with sword and spear. With the last remaining Exorcists surrounding the city with an area of sanctification, those that died stayed dead, and despite being outnumbered, mortalkind held their ground. Until Orobos finally took the field. With nothing more than a flick of his hand, a dark beam tore through the walls, creating a path for the more intelligent, bulkier and humanoid demons. Confusion spread through the town as forces were gathered to try and hold the breaches but slowly they were losing the fight on the walls and in the streets. It was here that the Champions split up, with Lucian remaining with Alessandra to await word of the Demon King's arrival on the battlefield.

This is where our story begins, the Champions spread out along the frontline fighting desperately, waiting for Orobos to finally engage them so they could try and end this war swiftly. The beginning if a story between good and evil, light and dark, angels and demons.

C.S
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Iluvinium:
Abilities/Magic:
Bio:

Feel free to use whatever race you'd like, I'll be in contact with you to find out how you'd like the description of your race, it's homeland and history would like to play out. The Iluvinium can be fashioned into any weapon, the only similarity between them is veins of power flowing through the weapon, whose colour will reflect the element stored within e.g red for fire, blue for water etc. The RP will expand after the Battle of Berginval, taking place across the entire continent and even into the Heavens, so don't feel like this will be short and sweet, don't want to give much away other than this.

EricRP

Re: [REQ] [F] The Starlight Chronicles: Wrath of

Post by EricRP » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:31 pm

into it. do we need a backstory outlining how we came by the weapon?

TheDarkOne

Re: [REQ] [F] The Starlight Chronicles: Wrath of the Demon King

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:45 pm

No but if you'd like to explain feel free. Didn't really want to put a number on how many there are but they are limited, most of them unearthed in the excavations taken across the land. A few were still in possession by select individuals like Tyhrial residing with the royal family. If you want your own to be unique, give it a backstory. Failing that, say it was gifted to your Champion when chosen. Just be sure to give it a name and power.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:30 am

I'm intrigued as well. What are the guidelines on elements?
I look in the water and fear what I see
I know it's no stranger but I know it's not me
My life is a lie that was uttered in jest
If I can't change at all, let me rest

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 am

The elements are earth, fire, ice, air, dark, light and chaos. Chaos contains elements of the others, but switches on a whim and cannot be predicted.