Faerie Games OOC

Heilerkatze

Re: Faerie Games OOC

Post by Heilerkatze » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:52 pm

My my, working on my next post too! for some reason ( im not sure why tho ) i ran to the bus station and then back onto a house. maybe i'll find out why!
Be wild! Be free! be what YOU want to be, not what others want you to be!

jehan

Post by jehan » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 am

I was too excited to get involved, I couldn't wait any longer to post!! Julius has come to have a look!

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:28 am

Jehan, I have to compliment your writing skills; if you're not an author, I'd urge you consider it. Nice post, definitely, and I applaud your enthusiasm! Looking forward to when Katze can make a post, and than I'll see what happens.
Important note, that I left out of the character sheets and descriptions, everyone: Those of you who are Awake, can actually sense each other. You can't identify individuals, or track them like radar, but you tend to experience a general sense and thus be aware when another Changeling or other Magical creature is nearby. This is how Changelings have been seeking out Sleepers, paying attention to their senses, and carefully observing the people and surroundings in order to pin down the source, and if they're Awake, yet. The range of this, like vision or hearing, can vary from one to another, but can also be trained and improved.
"Nah, the institute said they'd cut my funding if I did that again..."

Heilerkatze

Post by Heilerkatze » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:33 pm

Finally posted! im impressed how hard it is to actually make a long post haha. hope theyre not to short though, if i should make them longer just tell me and i'll try!

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:41 pm

Yeah, at the end of the day, this is basically writing, and it's not easy. I'm dealing with some real life stuff, like keeping my kitchen clean, and doing some job searching while I"m unemployed, but I'll work up a post for you all to work with this evening.

jehan

Post by jehan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:36 am

Afictionado wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:28 am
Jehan, I have to compliment your writing skills; if you're not an author, I'd urge you consider it. Nice post, definitely, and I applaud your enthusiasm!
Thank you!! I'm very much not an author, just a student who spends way too much time RPing lmao ^^;

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm

I've posted, but I think it needs work. Some more to motivate the rest of you, maybe? I'm open to opinions.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 pm

I think it would be really helpful to be a little more direct IC about where you want people to go and do. Give them some openings to latch onto. Right now, I'm seeing a lot of your two characters talking to each other and commenting on what they see, but it'd be good to shout out to other PCs - anything from "HEY YOU THERE, YES YOU, CATCH THIS GRENADE!" to "I sure do hope someone steps in before this monster eats me!" Does that make sense? Rather than having your two characters take care of each other, make those moments open to other people so that they can feel like they're helping you build the story.

Heilerkatze

Post by Heilerkatze » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:44 am

I agree at Illrica!

had a crying Raiyo next to me just a little ago who felt ignored despite his, lets say rather good, arriving!
would'nt mind to have some more to gnawl on, i feel like my reply will come out a little short if no idea jumps out of my mind. ( probably will tho during writing it )

Afictionado

Post by Afictionado » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 am

excellent feedback, thank you all!

I'll make an edit this evening to make it more engaging.